(2011/08) Aug 2011

sungrapes, why dont u try other brands of pumps first? i am using ameda. its a hand me dwn fr my sis n works very well for my use. if u want, can try mine before u purchase one.

my situation is opposite fr yrs. bb prefers bottle n will whine n cry for 5-10, sometimes 15 mins before latchin as he tried the bottle before.... he is only 2.59 at birth so e nursing time super long fr 45-80 mins. anyone can share theirs?

Sungrapes, I think u shld pump to save time. Hav u try the nipple cream? Previously, I had a hardtime pump using avent, nw I use medela, much faster. I think u can try other pumps? I lazy to latch bb, every hr latching kills my back, ne I onli express , giv it a try

i agree with aqua. I also pump to better manage my time.

I tried latching but my gal always suck afew times and push my nipples out and start crying. THink she prefer bottle now. Me using Medela PIS.

Hamtaro, exactly, my get suck 5-10mins fall asleep n wakeup everyhr to be latched! Super tired! She drinks 80ml per feed every 2nd , how abt the rest? Btw, when didu deliver?

Hi there!

Im an Aug (2nd-time) mommy too! First time here, but was active 4 yrs ago when I have my 1st child.

If you're looking for Philips Avent ISIS iQ DUO Twin Electronic Pump, let me know. I'm letting go at SGD450 (full set complete with bag, bottles, pump, chiller etc...). It's a US set so it's much cheaper than those sold in mothercare @ SGD899.

I bought it 2 weeks ago (b4 my delivery) & used once. Have decided to let go because I'm currently breastfeeding on demand & I won't be breastfeeding when I'm back at work.

Let me know if anyone is interested.

Thanks!

Thks mummies,

Yah..think I gonna pump nw every 3 hrly. Jus latch on feel got bonding mah. But then to save my mental health, better find alternative.

I used medela mini electric for ds1 and was super painful. This avent UNO less pain. But is not good?

Tunis,

Very kind of u to offer. But better not due to hygiene. Hmm..I hv a frend using ameda, maybe can thick skin ask her lend me use. My bb was borned 2.7kg. In the 1st wk nurse nonstop, once for 1.5hrs in the hospital.

Hw old is ur bb?

Aqua,

Hw much r u able to pump nw? After pumping I still can hand pump quite bit, like the pump not effective in emptying the breast. Thats y I latch on cos they say must latch then got milk and bb is the best pump blah blah...but really no life like kangaroo.

If he suck properly and drink up is ok, dun mind latching. But like u all, he will suck awhile,fall asleep then I gotta wake him up, burp him etc, takes easily 1 hr +.

Ok shall pop over to WTs thread c anybody selling off medela pump.

sungrapes

its gd if ur friend can lend u. re. hygiene for me actually i did not think much since i went to e lactation consultant n we all use their medela hsp grade pump n use alt methods to feed our babies.

my boy was born at 38wks at 2.59kg. he's a little over 3 wks old n full mth on fri.

Sungrapes, morn my supply is ard 80-100ml per pump.come aftern, dry liao, usu 50-60ml.my ss juz enuf for bb daily intake, can't store more! I onli pump 5 or 10mins, v lazy henc I tink I never emptybreast enuf.[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Aqua,

U delivered on 18th? Juz 2 days after me n ur ss so much alrdy?? And u pump only for such a short while. If it's so easy for me I will choose to pump too.

Wah! Seems like I'm one of those really no milk type. Unbelievable!

Tunis,

Which hospital did u go? At least they offer breast pump. I was at TMC n they hv but dun even offer. I found out only after I got discharge and they called me up for feedback. They say they only offer if patients ask.

This BFg is so demoralizing.

sungrapes, i also delivered at tmc. they dont offer, u have to make a trip to e parentcraft centre and pay for consultant. but, seriously i dun like my experience there. spent 1hr plus n e consultant was attending to 2-3 pple at e same time. was charged a total of 80 plus bucks. e consultant n assistant director said diff things, one asked me to buy nipple shield, e other one said dun use... anyway went dwnstairs to e shop but they dun sell e type they reccomended. waste of my time.

Sungrapes, yes, I delivered 18, start latch bb on 19. Last tue I started pumpin, output onli 10ml, but now increasing.

May I ask wa confinemt food u eating?

For me, I took lots of fish n drank lots if Milo n water, mebe it helps increas milk?

Aqua,

I'm eating mre or less the same type of confinement food.

Fish,soup...

Tunis,

I got my frend's ameda. Suction not as strong as avent or medela..same amt of output.

Ok..confirmed! I got no milk type!

No pt torturing my boobs.

Gonna pump to stop ss slowly.

Thks all for ur support.

Aw,I probably will hv no time to pump cos gotta take care of ds1 after this sch holiday. My priority is him.

I did not bf for ds1 much oso, tot maybe for ds2 my boobs got training liao, can produce mre. But still same same. So no pt dragging on. My boobs alrdy very saggy frm 1st time.

Good luck to the rest!

Sungrapes, my no1 having sch holis soon, I guess I also lesser time to rest!

No matter way ur decision, at least u tried ur best. Dun feel too pressurized by bf. I also dint bf long for my first bb

Gilera,

Nervous hah?

Haha!!

Relax...think positive ok?

After bb out, u will be super busy and tired esp if u very on abt BFg. I forgot, do u hv any CL, or anybody to helping u?

Enjoy the last moments of peace and quiet.

Or spend the last few days with ur hb go dating,makan,watch movie. Will be awhile before u get any couple time.

All the best.!

Sorry can't advise on symptoms cos me csect.

Hi Hi,

I am newbie to this thread, but have been reading this forum since last Dec. My boy is 3 wk old now.

I am letting go my full set Medela Freestyle pump @ $350, as I had given up BF. Its an imported set(US), used only once.

Email me at [email protected] if you are interested.

Sorrie to interupt

I have a can of Enfalac to let go at $38 as my boy has move on to Enfapro. Exp date is Jan 2013.

Pls PM me if interested.

Sungrapes

my mom will help out 2 wks n teach maid then maid just handle next 2 wks.

How's life w bb now? Wats a typical day schedule like?

Gilera,

Feel so stress whenever i think of CL leaving me, then will get panic attacks. ESP when my son cmg to stay with me soon. He is so used to being the only child, he still behaves very rough and shouts a lot. I hv to remind him that bb is sleeping,dun bang the door...

My bb is 16 days old. He sleeps most of the time. Wakes up drink milk roughly every 2-3hrs. He drinks 80-90mls nw. Sometimes he will sleep almost 4hrs, but I will wake him up for milk. Nw that I dun hv to latch, I can sleep mre at nite but will smhw wake up at 6am plus, dun one y. I used to zz till afternoon. CL will bath for him in the noon time. The rest of the time I'm washing,sterilizing his bottles. I try to bottle feed him and burp him then play with him awhile b4 he dozes off again. At nite he wakes at 2am plus and 5 am plus for milk.

During the first wk, he poo ev nite after feeds. Nw is better.

Overall, ok..normal. Just so bored at home.

Aqua,

Can share ur schedule? Esp with ur older child ard? Hw do u manage two?

Ladies,

I really admire those of you who have to manage 2 kids, esp 1 baby... pei fu pei fu.

I have only one and feels like I dont even have enough time to rest and sleep. Just extended my CL for almost 3 weeks, before she takes on another assignment.. -bleah-

Sungrapes, jia you! My nephew is also very rough and was also like that when I was pregnant, but the past week when he is near my boy, he is suprising very gentle to him. My mum refuses to let him get close but when I allowed, he gently touch my boy's hair when I told him can sayang di di.. thats sweet. I'm sure your big boy will be gentle to his younger brother too and you will definitely smile when that happens!

i m wondering if i can cope well once my CL leave, handle my #1 and # 2..

#2 seems very cranky each time when i carry him, prefer to latch on rather than i bottle feed him and best part is he can diff who is CL and me..

now i can foresee how difficult it will be when CL leave.

had papaya fish soup, immediately got milk flow.

but my milk flow not increasing, gonna drink the herbal tea to increase the supply tml, hope it works on me..

Tunis,

Thanks for ur cheers! Ur boy shd be full mth now?

Congrats!

I'm so pathetic that my CL offered to help me till JAN NEXT YEAR! Wonder hw much she gonna ask from me. I asked my hb to talk to her cos Im not gd with negotiating. I dun mind some help after confinement period. Altho I do have a gd maid..but I'm not sure if she is gd with infants. She can take care of my ds1 well. But I'd rather she takes care of the bb cos thats mre time consuming and monotonous. If she wants a lot of money then I can't afford it. This is gvg me a headache.

I know what u mean..one is alrdy a handful.

Now I have two..sigh!

I just wish for my csect to heal faster. All this resting and lying down makes me so lethargic. The wound is ok on the outside, but I know it's not healed yet on the inside. Some movements still hurts abit and I have to move so slow and deliberate. 120 days it takes for the threads to dissolve inside my body. I really need all the energy and ability to catch up with my son.

I'm also trying to stop my milk ss. My gynae say go cold turkey but full breast realty uncomfortable and I alrdy gv in twice to pump out a little. In the beginning, keep waiting for milk to come in, nw can't wait for it to dry up.

Sorry ladies, gotta vent abit. I know I keep complaining when I shd be counting my blessings. But there is a form of mental pressure I'm feeling and I just can't seem to think myself out of it positively.

Hearing u all so dependent on cl is scary.

Coz I will only hv mom for 2 wks then n maid

when cl does a good job then bb close to her which we dun want.. Hai.

Sungrapes y give up on bf?

Sungrapes, my no.1 is ok w my maid who juz joined us 1mth, if I m busy w bb, maid or mil will help. After confinemt, will be juz me n 2 gers n helper, I tink still mAnageable! I even stop term 4 sch so tht my no.1 can bond w me n bb more at home

My bac is aching fr frequent sleepless nites n feeding. So tired tis time, bb las nite still merlion aft feed n poo! I spent 1 hr to clean her, my bed n then feed again cos she hungry! Lucky hb wokeup to help, in the end, so wide awake afterall the hassle!

No Cl is manageable! Believe in urself can do it! I wan save $, so dint get Cl for both times! baby can sense if u r insecure, so try to b zai! Jiayou

Sungrapes, stop bf mus b slowly, reduce the pump sessions eac day, ss can stop in 1week time.

Gilera,

I gv up BFg. It was not easy for me and I gv myself tremendous pressure till I cried for days. After I talk with some frends, my gynae, even my old CL for my ds1, they all shed some light and gv me the courage to accept my decision. My gynae told me that the BFg movement is so strong that little can be done to warn new mothers of the difficulties.

Not to discourage u..but I believe I'm really one of those with low milk ss. BFg if successful is really gd bonding. I enjoyed latching on while it lasted.

As for CL vs maid..CL has the experience, maid only training, unless she is a mother herself.

When my bb fusses, the CL smhw know what to do..still hungry, too warm/cold, need to pat pat etc. I will just stand there and try to second guess what bb needs. So in a way, with an experienced CL, or family member, I feel mre secure.

Aqua,

Admire u!

U r one of those very steady and strong type. Can't remember, r u a working mum?

Won't ur girl be bored staying at home? My ds1 gotta switch school and will start term 4 in a new sch and so worried he may not adapt. When sch wk start, I'm still doing last few days of confinement..hope I will be ok enough to accompany him for the 1st 2 days, just to orientate him and get him organized with taking sch bus etc.

Aqua, rest well, u will enjoy the fruit of ur labour!

Sungrapes, yes, she will b bored at home, but I intend to send her to full day cc next yr, so nw searching, haven't confirm. I doubt my maid can handle 2 when I go bac wrk in dec, I am also full time mummy! Bt v worried coz my no.1 used to cough v often last yr when she go cc.

Where ur no.1 goin? Presch or childcare? Dun worry, if bb cry, juz let him cry. Usu he is hungry, change nappy, tummy aches or wind in stomach. Or, could b he juz wan u carry n pat him sleep. Dun kanchiong, else bb can feel n cry more coz more scared

I m sure u r a gd mummy!dun feel bad abt bf, it's a personal choice. I dint bf no1 coz I wasn't eating home cooked food never invest electri pump. But no regrets. Coz all mummy r Wei da. Juz give ur best!

Just went for a much needed hair wash..ahhh...heavenly!!

Weird..my breast no engorged Liao! Yay!! Wonder if uterus is back to normal size. Can't wait to lose my pregnancy wt. I have 6 kg to lose! Today was small mopping the flr and kena scolded by mil..after that left side of tummy abit pain.

Aqua,

My boy is k1 at church kindy.

So ur maid will take care of bb when u go back to work?

My boy always gets runny nose during sch term. Cannot prevent, just like broken record, always reminding him not to put hands in his mouth.

Gilera,

I drink during last mth of pregnancy..I eat the flesh oso.

I got mine at ntuc, the Thailand coconut.

Once bb out ur weight oredi went down?

6 kg to go can be achieved Jia you!

Put more emphasis on exercise n toning instead of weight loss from a weighing scale. Fitness most impt!!!

Washed hair at salon? Wat plans for full month? Caterer n cakes?

There is persistant heartbeat like pulse at pubic hair area where bb head down is. Is he burping or chewing on me?

Hi Karen,

Silicon is clear but easy to spoil

Latex can steam many times but got some funny smell...depends on your preference =)

sungrapes,

I think it is not easy for the first month and it is independent of how many babies you have before

just bare for the month and let ur baby to latch and everything will be fine after the confinement

Hamtaro,

You may want to try organic nipple cream

I also use medela/avent nipple cream before but no use. Organic one works very well for me and you don't need to use more than one tub

Think is hiccups from the bb.

Yes, went for hair wash at salon. Proper hair wash and not with the herbal bath water. I think most mummies at fb.

1st mth actually I dun wanna do cos no mood. But smhw everybody seem so excited and alrdy planning for it. Most probably caterers at home. Cos after that is sch wk for my ds1. I'm quite anxious abt his new sch.

Full mth means freedom for me..yay!

sungrapes,

My friend tried ebm from other mummies but the baby can feel the differences =)

The "no life" period will pass soon...just jia you!

Aqua,

In the early days, I let my baby latch and then rest for 30min before expressing. It helps in increasing supply and you will have spare to store =)

It is especially useful if you plan to go back to work afterwards. I suggest this to all my friends who would like to cont breastfeeding

SungrApes,wow hairwash@ salon is shiok! I also wash hair after discharge fr hosp n feel so light! Kekee

Aqua

can share both ur bb birth story?

Wat symptoms tat bb coming soon? Most mummies exp contractions n water break

is there any other signs?

Xiaoqing

hamtaro

share birth story pls!

Wat r e steps for bf

need massage boobs w hot compress then latch bb then cols compress?

Back