(2011/08) Aug 2011

Hi aqua,

Have u consider giving Fm n pumping at night instead so

That you have time to rest? Then u latch her during day time.My bb is ab 3 weeks old n I'm giving her ebm. I sort of give up on latching as she's hungry every 1.5 to 2 hr.

Hi moms.. My baby was born 10/8/11, its been two wks, and i pumped the milk every 3-4 hourly except at night, i'll pump only once or sometimes twice. As baby was premature, he has been bottle fed for days, and refused to latch on by the time we tried. To reduce the fustration, we decided to pump only. Till now, supply is only 50-60ml every 3 to 4 hourly pump, is this considered normal or little? This amt has been going on for almost a wk without increasing in quantity. As baby will start to drink more as he turn older, i am starting to

worry if i hv enough supply for him?

Aqua,

3 hourly is when I was still in hospital. In the nursery so many bb's, think the nurses will let bb cry it out. Once at home is different. I nurse on demand.

I oso din sleep much. He drink and drink like bottomless pit.

Last nite 10plus gv ebm abt 4oz.

Woke up at 2am latch on till 3plus.

Woke up at 6am latch on till 7plus.

8plus latch on again on off till 9plus.

Then can't tahan, pass to CL.

I pat pat can't settle bb, CL pat awhile only fall into deep

sleep.

U have no CL, then pls dun over strain urself.

Hello everyone,

I am new here. Got 3 friends from August 2008 forum. Hope to make new friends here. Just delivered my 2nd boy on 28 July.

Can I be added on the fb page to join in the fun?

=)

hi everyone, long time no chat.

I have been jumping off to FB to made comments and running off. Nowadays nvr log on as much cos CL says REST MORE! Hahahaaa...

Who is on FB here and who is not? I am on FB.

I am stopping BF after bb man yue this weekend cos I got side effects of BF. I will KO for 2-3 hrs after pumping...So I told hubby if I dun stop I will spend the whole day sleeping and no one to take care of bb/supervise maid when I am sleeping. (oh when I sleep I sleep like a log/pig)

I take Sor Hup Wan - Super good...keeps farting and shitting. Heee hee hee...and warning: The fart is damn smelly!

Who is taking care of bb w/o CL? Wonder how to handle bb when CL leaves. I am WORRIED.....only got maid and me! And I am a first time mum. Gosh! Can I survive?

Xiaoqing, my pump yield now is about 100ml every 4/5 hourly. Also been a week for this much of quantity.

I request gynae to prescribe medicine to boost my supplies. You can also take supplements like fenugreek to increase the supplies.

The milk will gradually increase. Do massage and hot compress before pumping. How long do you take for each pump? Maybe can increase the duration to tell the brain that you need more milk. SOmetimes i will take a 2-3minutes break in between the pump , say pump 10 min , break , pump 10 mins , break, pump 10 mins.

PiPi, I will be takng care of my gal alone after CL leaving next Saturday. Try to learn from CL like changing diapers, bathing bb a few days before she leave. Last time for my #1, i am also worried after CL left but slowly, you will learn to take care of your baby.

Got my stitches out and chg dressing today.

Bb cord dropped off last nite and his circumcision ring dropped off as well. Nw gg for followup with his doc.

Hello pipi,

U sound upbeat! Enjoying new mummy role?

I'm not in fb, I dun hv fb cos I lazy to maintain. I hv CL and glad to report that she cooks really yummy food. When she leaves,I'm like u..me,maid,k1 and new bb. Hb work overseas frequently. He gg back work 2mr..sob sob.

I am just in denial - enjoying while CL is here. I think you prob wun see me again once CL leaves. I dun know how I am going to cope cooking + looking after my bb gal. You know her skin at her 'petpet' area is peeling skin, and I am so afraid to clean for her cos I am afraid I will be too rough. When I see poo stick on her 'petpet' I am worried she will get uti. hiah yoh....

hamtaro: you and me gotto jia you once cl leaves. My cl doing extension for me till 30 days so she will leave me only in 3 Sep. *sob sob*

gilera: JIA YOU!!! Just go for it...no matter what - just remember no turningback - only can go fwd. Dun be like me...loser...keep crying when things dun go the way I want it. (ie: wanted natural but end up c sect...gotto cry and cry before pushed to OT. I very kns right, come out of OT, KO! When I woke up, think about it, feel stupid to cry!)

Hi Ladies, I need mums with babies 0 to 12 mths for a short 15 mins survey in our office at Beach Centre, near Raffles Hotel by this week. You must be user of Abbott milk formula, e.g. Similac or Gain IQ. Token : $30 NTUC voucher. Interested, kindly sms me your Name, Age and Baby's months, preference date and time to 97640028. Thanks. Sally

Hi Mummies

I have the following items for sale, do PM or SMS me if you're interested [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Brand New Pigeon Silent Electric Breast

http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/449183/5900761.html?1313507987

Brand New Pigeon Breastmilk and Babyfood Warmer

http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/449183/5910948.html?1313652751

Brand New Safety 1st Deluxe Bath Cradle

http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/449183/5900770.html?1313508093

Brand New Pigeon Nipple Care Cream

http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/449183/5900793.html?1313508184

Brand New Baby Carter, Nissen and Cerisi Rompers

http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/449183/5911009.html?1313652979

Used Medela PISA Faceplate

http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/449183/5900810.html?1313508322

Brand New Glenn Doman How Smart Is Your Baby Book

http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/449183/5905577.html?1313573838

Brand New Avent VIA Cups

http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/449183/5935880.html?1314090579

Hi Hamtaro,

I do intend to take fenugreek to see if it'll boast the supply, right now its still quite sufficient, but as bb needs to drink more, i'm worried i don't hv enough supply for him. Each pump is abt 30mins, at most its just 70ml. Very disappointing!! Baby is 14days old already, will the supply increase?

I envy those with full family support..own parents and PILs.

My frend gv birth and her mil helping her to take care of the bb and she told her juz leave the bb with her, once a while visit the bb can alrdy...I was like..damn shiok her life!

Hi mummies, try to drink more liquid and can ask CL to help cook fish soup w green papaya, supposed to help increase milk supply =)

I'm very worried after my CL leaves too! Now my baby doesn't like me or my hubby carry her. We are so lost when she keeps crying and we juz can't stop her from crying. So stressed up. I dun hav much help from family, not even in laws as my mil said she no confident to take care of baby. Really dunno wat to do. I see CL can quiet dwn my girl and let her slp, I wonder can we cope with tat after she left...

Stressed until keeps crying until my eyes pain!

Regarding taking care of bb after CL leaves, a friend of mine just bring the bb to the room and rock her to sleep. First day bb wailed like someone hit her like tt, 2nd day still wait but for a while, 3rd day then bb let him carry till bb sleeps.

I think the trick is we need to let bb recognise our voice too.

Let's all jia you together. I oso scared!!!

Btw, anyone delivered at KKH and got the bill already. Just trying to compare how much shoudl c sect cost in KKH, my bill is $6831.00

Hi mummies!

Ive PAMPERS brand pampers S size to let go at $30 or 2 including delivery to your door steps.

Each packet 48pcs

Reason for letting go : my girl change m size le.

Anyone keen can pm me. [email protected]

Dowin

Dun be sad..

I'm a mummy of 2 n I still unable to settle my bb!

He will fuss and fuss even after nursing on off for an hr and no matter hw I pat and chg position, he still cry and whimper.

When my CL took over and I went toilet come out, the bb alrdy fast asleep!! So I ask her wat she did, she say juz pat pat..which was wat I did oso wat! So hw come CL can do it but I can't??

CL a lot of experience with bb's, itz their job. So of cos they will have their way with bb's. Compared to 1st time parents or even me (when I was ftwm, I din hv to take care of bb) therefor no experience. We will find it overwhelming, itz natural.

1 thg I learn frm being a mummy twice...

Bbs will chg and adapt day by day.

1st wk bb is different frm 1st mth bb.

So dun think tat thgs will always be so terrible,ok?

Itz jzuz a phase and it will improve.

I noe it's tough.

Remember to enjoy the moment,dun let stress, worries, anxieties rob u of the bb memories. I promise u tat ur child will gv u many many special moments as they grow up frm bb's to toddlers to preschoolers etc.

I'm oso constantly reminding myself of that.

SURVEYEES NEEDED URGENTLY!

Looking for:

1) Pregnant women from age 18 to 40, stage of pregnancy is 13 to 36 weeks,Singaporean or PRs, Chinese, Malays and Indians.

2) Mothers who is feeding their infants from 0 to 12 months old using infant formula brands currently.

Incentive reward: $30 NTUC Voucher Interested, pls reply:-

Group : 1 or 2

Name :

Hp no :

Mother Age:

Brand consume :

Baby age :

Pregnancy stage in weeks :

SMS to 94311188 or Email to [email protected] by 25/8/11.

Thanks

Hi Hi

Sorry to interrupt this thread, I am from Oct Thread, can i check if anyone sign up for Confinement lady from GLPS and they do delivered their services as promise?

Thank you

Xiaoqing

14 day old this amt is not bad already!!! Demand =supply

Ur baby doesn't have big stomach in such age

Also, brand of pump makes difference

Pipi, my bill at Mt A aroun 5.5k, I think it's is emergency csectn, so more costly as las min u pay for op theatre!

Sungrapes, dun giv up bf! I m also hangin on, Jiayou..

Ham taro,

Chk with u, wats the dosage for fenugreek per day?

Heard itz abt 9 per day?

Sungrapes , 3x2pills per day.

Perservere... Jia You!

Do you all have sore nipples? though i pump exclusively, i still have abrasions with the funnel and having sore nipples. Applied the medela nipple cream also no use...

Aqua,

My qty remains at 40mls on a gd day when my breast r engorged. Normally only get abt almost 30mls with 20mins pumping. I can't pump for too long cos my nipples get sore.

When will our bm ss be stabilized?

Thks ham taro,

I hv sore nipples frm pumping. Me using avent UNO.

That's y I wonder hw u all pump exclusive? Or even every 3hrly? I pump twice aday and my nipples hurt ESP when bb need to latch on within the hr or so. I prefer to latch on.

Was telling my mum I wanna stop bf. Then she said my bb so small in wt and I'm not working so y I dun wanna bf.

Sian..

sungrapes, using nipple cream helps in sore nipples! hee, v gd recommendation from my jan thread mummies and one of the nice mummy even gave me hers [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] so far it wrks!

supply stablised using after 3 wks, if u wan increase supply, u mus take lots of fluids esp before each pump!

i prf pumpin now coz bb latched and i cant monitor.

Hi jessyy, baby is drinking like 80ml per feeding, but my supply is only between 45ml to 70ml, most of the time need to top up with formula milk. Using medela swing, thought the pumping takes lone time.

Just pump more frequent if u choose to pump only need to discipline [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Golden rule apply demand = supply

I think ur pump can't express fully?? Do u try to press / massage after pumping??

Sungrapes

It is absolutely normal to have sore nipple first two to three weeks! Just use nipple cream n keep ur mind off [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] I encounter the same feeling as u before n time will pass n it will be much better later

Hi mummies,

Sorry for interruption again.

Below item to let go @ $10:

Pigeon bm storage bottles (3pcs) & storage bag (1 box but use a few pcs)

Below item to let go @ $5.00:

Pigeon nose cleaner

All items are Brand New never use before.

Pls pm or email me for picture. Or if u keen [email protected]

Thank u

URGENTLY REQUIRED! Hi Mums whose babies are O to 6 months old, you are urgently required for a short 15 mins survey on any brand of milk formula on 28th or 29th Aug. Token - $30 NTUC Voucher, Location - our office at 15 Beach Road, Beach Center (next to Raffles Hotel). Interested, kindly sms me your Name, Age and baby's month to 97640028. Thank! Sally

Dear Aug Mummies who have delivered, can you share how your contraction pain is like? And how early (before you deliver) did your cervix open?

I'm experiencing some discomfort and pain but am not even sure if it's contraction pain.

I'm in my 40th week now.

Dandelion,

If in doubt, call ur doc! Don't 2nd guess urself.

40wks is super full term Liao!

Gd luck n safe delivery n smooth BFg,

Any1 gg stop BFg?

Can't make up my mind to latch on = no life for me.

Or pump out=sore nipples and super discipline.

Wat abt donor frozen ebm?

Really tough leh..stuck at home whole day, gg crazy Liao!

Back