(2011/08) Aug 2011

may, i m going for holiday in 2 days time and has lotsa of work to clear -- hence din take MC. I am taking it twice a day (morning and evening)... juz asked my manager if I can work from home... he is ok but need to setup office network for me to work from home..

hi mummies, seeing my gynae for first time this thurs and also going for my daughter's vaccination. im going back to dr tham so will see him at TMC, i heard the parking is a nightmare! hopefully all will go well.

my MS is, by my standards, quite bad. nausea all the time and i can't seem to eat anything. went for dinner over the weekend and only picked at the chicken, cant stomach the spaghetti, just the smell of oregano makes me want to puke but so far i didnt puke!

my mum told me that if MS is quite strong means pregancy hormones are very strong - which is a good thing. for my first pregnancy i was lucky to get away with almost no MS!

re vitamins, from my first pregnancy i figured gynae will prescribe DHA fish oil, folic acid and obimin so i bought from watson's and start taking once a day. i think calcium and iron also should be in the list, but havent got around to getting them yet.

any mummies on leave these last 2 weeks of the year? i just started a new job so still on probation for 3 months, thus cant take leave. so sad to be working when everyone else is on leave [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Hi all Mummies,

I had my first scan yesterday. And I saw the little pea inside the yolk sac!! So HAPPY that all is well so far!! Too bad can't c bb's hb yet as its only 6weeks... But we're definitely looking forward to the next appt 2 weeks later.

Hi Carole, please update my info to your list. Many thanks for taking the effort to compile all the info!

I'm seeing Dr Yvonne Chan, TMC. She's quite friendly and information, knowing its my 1st BB. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] Got some samples of milk powder from the nurses and 1 small can of stretch marks cream. Do I start applying now?

Anyone happen to have more details on the maternity packages abt their gynae? I wanna make a comparison before I sign the package.

MY EDD is 15 Aug but I'm hoping it will be slightly earlier cos then it's my birthday too!! :D

Cheers! Merry X'mas to all MTBs!!

Thanks adv_sports - I just came back from another vscan and blood test, result should be out this noon and nurse will keep me informed of the status. Saw BB's hb again it's quite healthy despite slight brown spotting again this morning. I'm happier now as MS symptoms are reducing but on the other hand hoping BB's progressing well too [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Merry xmas to all MTBs!

Hi everyone, i am from July 11 Mum thread as well. come in and kpo... lol..

adv_sports, i am on progrestrone jab (weekly) and 3 x duphaston as well. but in the meantime, please dun move around too much and rest more. cancel your trip will be ideal in this case cos very sensitive during 1st trim le..

Just wondering how come i still dun c bb's hb when i'm in my 6 weeks but others can see bb's hb at 5+weeks?

*anxious*

soulvacation

wow! twins!!! congrats... [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

hzloh

is your menstrual cycle very long (like 32-36days)? If so, that would explain why... I have a long cycle too & during my 1st visit, the ultrasound showed I'm 6.5wk preg but couldn't see anything except a pregnancy sac.. I shud minus 1 week (ie 5.5wk preg) as my ovulation on the 14th day but probably 18th or 19th day after LMP..

Hello everyone,

My first pregnancy...LMP on 5 Nov...cramps since 15th Nov..

Positive test kit on 10th before seeing a gynae on 12 Dec but he couldnt see anything

so so worried of ectopic pregnancy due to past experience...

After the worse one week of my life...finally managed to see the small dot last Sun....pray hard all goes smoothly ...

How come my cramp for 5 wks le still not gone?? Tummy so bloated till i cant wear my pants anymore ...

am so so excited and yet scared ...

tomorrow i will be seeing my gynae...

i will be 5 weeeks..

been having the greenish discharge - anyone have th same symptons

Celia and Dink - TKS for ur earlier advice! Appreciates.

Joyce!!! wat a coincidence. ur scenario is exactly like mine. LMP 5 Nov, +ve test on 10th Dec! I saw gynae on 13 but cannot see anything oso.... my next appt is 27 Dec. And like u, i'm oso so bloated i can't wear my pants anymore. it's too tight.... wore it once maybe thats why i seem to be getting thrush...

Celia - i'm actually oso having greenish discharge too.... not sure what it means.

When is ur next gynae appointment?

Hi all,

I called up clinic to check for the HCG hormon level tested on last Fri. Can't wait till this Thu, to see my thyroid doctor. Fyi, I am a hypothyroid pantient for many many years. Lost count how many years i am on Euroyxn replacement liaw.

My blood test HCG reading was 178 only, which is far too low for 4 wks preg (blood taken on 15 Dec). Then another blood test on 17 Dec, showed 550. So, at least better I believe. So, really hope the little one grow stronger and stick on properly.

Still in the 2 weeks waiting of seeing gynae, see if can see the sac and heart beat or not. Anxiously waiting for the day! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

Linsu > You're right. My cycle is abt every 35 days (+/-). Your explanation seems right but then even the gynae said im in my 6 weeks based on the outlook of the yolk sac and bb.

So am I 6 or 5 weeks now? haha...

babydreamyqueen > the hcg test looks rather positive, stay strong. you might be in the very early stage of preg, that may explain the low hcg levels. i read somewhere that normal hcg level is less than 5 for non-pregnant ladies.

Beowie > hehe ya i read yours too ... =) ^5

my next appt is 9th Jan le ...doc give me vit for 3 wks ... but i still have cramps till now ...dun kw why also ...

hzloh

what's ur LMP? I just explained based on my body/experience lar... btw, typo typo in my earlier post.. i meant:

"I shud minus 1 week (ie 5.5wk preg) as my ovulation (NOT!) on the 14th day but probably 18th or 19th day after LMP.."

Hi, I have a brand new Lindom Baby monitor to let go. Bought last mth cos I tot I can't fit the baby cot into my masterbedroom. Never use the baby monitor at all cos I sleep in my Bb's room since he born till last week. I managed to squeeze the cot into my masterbedroom last week.

Attached is the details of the Bb monitor:

http://www.lindam.com/product/monitors/sleeping-baby/baby-talk.html

Warranty card still in the box. Selling at $80. Original price is $89 (price tag still on the box)

PM me if interested.

Hi mummies!

First, congrats to all! =)

I have been reading for about 1+ week and decided to join in the fun =)

My details:

EDD: 7 Aug 11 (gynae say when bb bigger edd will be more accurate)

Gynae: Dr Paul Tseng

BB# : #2

Have been feeling nauseas from the moment I wake up til I sleep at night.. This is so unlike the first preg where everything seems so normal. This bb is more picky and I am already choosing what food to eat. And yes, I do hate the smell of cooking...

Went to see gynae last week and saw bb heartbeat. Length approx 0.45cm. I am sooo happy to be preg all over again and so wont complain much about all the discomfort.

Jastine Lee: My boy is 23 months old and I was breastfeeding him til he was 21 month old, i.e. in Nov. I weaned him off cos I foresee it will be hard to be waking up at night to bf when tummy is big. Besides, he was showing signs of weaning already. He took the weaning quite well and now he is just on fresh milk. Never give him formula. When I weaned him off, I tell him that the nai nai (breastmilk) is for baby and milk (fresh milk) is for him. He understands and took it well. And coincidentally, I conceived my #2 in the same month after I weaned him off! =) However, I have heard of pple who bf while preg, and even tandem feed 2 children at the same time! So dun worry, try to talk to ur gal and wean her off as naturally as possible.

ellmo: My boy is 23 months too! What a coincidence.. I weaned him off when he was 18 months.. and also not on formula..

Anyone who is hungry all the time like me? I feel like my tummy keeps being hungry every 2 hrs.. but yet I dun have appetite too.. driving me nuts!

Linsu > no worries, i got what you mean in your previous post. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] My LMP is 6 Nov..

i'm just worried and can't be assured until i c my bb's hb...

Sus/ jastine: Oops. Counted wrongly..boy is 22mnth old, not 23 mnth. So in between the both of u [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

sus> every hour, my stomach changes... bloated, hungry, got air, indigestion etc... keep changing wor. When it's hungry... it's VERY hungry as if I had skipped 2 meals and it can make me giddy... [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif] but at the same time I dun have any appetite.

babysee, sus

I totally understand how you are feeling abt the MS. The trick I learnt is to CONSTANTLY be eating something!! I know it sounds contradictory and gross, cos as we speak, I think I have gained some weight/fats already.

I have tried 3 types of crackers:

1. Hup Seng soh dah biah (saltine) crackers with sugar on top

2. Meiji (blue box) plain crackers

3. Morinaga Marie biscuits (the Jap red box one)

All can be found at NTUC. But thus far, my favourite is the Marie biscuits. I can eat as many as 5 packets a day.

I also somehow found out (the hard way) that I wake up feeling so pukey and horrible and extremely hungry, that now I drink a full cup of Nestum JUST BEFORE sleeping. Yes, I drink it in bed. It has helped me sleep thru the night. Cos last week, I woke up twice at 3AM to eat!!! Urgh!!

Try to stuff the crackers in your mouth bit by bit and munch slowly thru out the day. I eat every 2-3hourly: meals, snacks, biscuits etc.

Try fruits too!

Try it!!! It has helped me! My puking is in the evenings, dunno why.

Hope this helps!

Hi all, I got an extra bottle of Clarins Tonic Body Treatment Oil for sale. Bought at $80 now letting go at $70. Pm me if u interested.

I am having red spotting. Very worried and dun noe if I shld wait till my 1st appt on 5 jan or shld I go tmr. Although is my #2, I m still lost.

Me me!!! I'm also always feel hungry, and can really eat. Like lunch, I can eat 2 bowls of rice with some chicken. I also faint when think about it. In between, i drink milk or snack some biscuit or egg tart too. Terrible eh? But gynae said can eat, just eat. Some weeks down, you may not be able to swallow much due to hormone changes. So, I just eat what I like (or bb like rather??) I still worried if bb is ok, coz not yet see sac, no heartbeat either.

Anyone like me? I tested OPK +ve on 30 Nov and BD on 30 Nov. LMP is 13 Nov. Anyone during this timing can advise me? According to my gynae, I should be 5 weeks pregnant, but my hormone is still within 3-4wks. So, wondering if feotus ok??? Still got to wait 8 more days for next scan. Pray pray pray!!!

hi Mummies.. i just came back last night.. give me today to consolidate the list. :p

New mummies on the list, please provide me the following:

1) Nick

2) LMP (first day of last period)

3) Gynae & Hosp

I will be working backwards to get the records up... please be patient with me :p

Carole

ellmo

i'm seeing dr paul tseng too & it's my #2 as well [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] sekali we give birth at the same time hahaha...

candyfloss

oh dear, take care ok? dun move around too much as for now.. hope everything will be fine in your gynae visit today..

ellmo/sus: my baby is 21 WEEKS!! not months wo!! so she's still on full milk intake. Haven't reallly start her on semi solids [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif] But ya, breastfeeding her is quite painful and my milk supply drop quite low...so bo bian, feeding her FM, NAN HA. :p

MS: My MS is getting real bad! Nausea all day! No appetite at all. Had to force myself to eat breakfast which makes me feel like puking (which i didn't).. *faint* Real tired too! Have been lying on the bed/sofa 24/7! No energy to do anything, not even go out buy Xmas present! *double faint*

soul> wow.. thanks for sharing that... all along I thought crackers refer to those tidbits like chips or twistees.. and wonder why it doesn't work for me. Now I know i crackers = plain biscuits! haa...

I noticed I like apples more now... and munching one everynight after dinner to clear the food smell.

Just curious, if no vomiting involved, is it considered as MS?

Candy Floss> ya i would think better see gynae 1st... if your gynae is so popular, are they able to give u an emergency slot?

BabyDreamy> hmm.. according to my nurse, mummy can see baby better during 6-7 weeks. Since urs is still young, give it another week k? dun worry 1st... My first scan showed it was 6w6d already... that's why can see the sac and hb.

Check with u all, anyone's gynae did blood test etc on 1st visit? Mine didnt do anything except scanning... no weighing, no blood pressure take, no blood test...

ellmo: forget to say... u r so wei da to be able to BF ur #1 to 21 months!!!! Not many women are able to do it... [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Hi mummies,

I am newly joined to this group. this is my 1st BB, so is kinda nervous and my fren proposed me to read more in this forum.

My details:

EDD: 9 Aug 11

Gynae: Dr Paul Tseng at TMC

i went for my 1st scan on 20th dec and i m so happy to hear BB heartbeat. BB is 0.8cm big now and doctor said is 7 weeks now. the next visit is in 22th Jan, where by then the BB is 12 weeks. the doctor said can see the BB clearer during then.

happy to join the group. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

babysee: no vomitting also can be MS if you feel nausea and tired etc. Some people dun even experience MS. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

anyway, my gynae never do any blood test for me etc. Just do a ultrasound scan, see baby then talk talk a bit with me, ask me this ask me that.

I think if ur baby's ultrasound scan looks fine and you have no bleeding or anything serious, dun think doc will perform any other test.

Li Thiam> wow... ur bb so big.. envy envy... my EDD same as urs but my bb was only 2.6mm during 1st scan on 15 Dec. my next visit is next week when bb will be around 8-9 wks...

jastine> oic... people asked if I have any MS and I claimed no... hee.. but nausea all day... my nausea seems better for past 2 days though... weird coz body symptoms keep changing... I eat according to my feeling now...

Later got coy X'mas buffet lunch... I scared i puke at the sight of big spread... haa...

adv_sports> I feel safe to eat utrogestan...

May> if u feel giddy and sleepy after eating u can ask doctor to change the brand

Carole> Thanks i will update when i see my doctor tonight!

Aiyo going for scare tonight lioa.. donno can see or not.. so scare n worried!

babysee > so far every gynae visit, will weigh + blood pressure + urine test for protein and sugar. my MS no vomit but just nausea whole day and sleepy.

summerpeh > when i did my iui previously, gynae gave me Duphaston. also very sleepy. asked my gynae the difference between the two, she said utrogestan stronger & better. so far i ok after napping.

Carole what happened? Hope everything is ok.

My this pregnancy is very challenging. Keep arguing with hubby and my mum. My daughter is starting playgroup in January. And I want to move out of my parents house and move back home. We moved in together cos my mum said she'd help take care of my daughter. Now change of mind and she want to go back to work. So sad for me. I rented out my house and every month the rent I give to my parents to pay for new house mortgage. I end up paying more than if we stay on our own. I pay all the utilities bill at my parents house and now my own house property tax and income tax coming I have to pay so much. Faints

Babysee, Thanks. Let's monitor again lo. Just can wait patiently first. Hope bb is well la... No other wish for this year, just bb sticks on and grow healthily.

I went to 2 gynae. 1st is Dr Adrian Woodworth. This 1st visit is super fast, like 3 mins only. Said may be early pregnancy nia, go back eat prenatal vitamine and Folic Acid, come back see me on 30 Dec.

I felt so worried as how can a doctor give a standard answer, some more I am hypothyroid patient (Hasimoto Thyroiditis) for many many years. So, I went to KKH for 2nd opinion. The only doctor available the next day is Dr Khong CC. Find him not bad, at least he ask to take my blood test to ensure my thyroid hormon is ok, else easily miscarriage, weight, urine for sugar etc. Till now, not yet decide which gynae to go to. COnfused!

i did not argue, i just ask my girl to zip up when she commented abt her grandma's dress is not nice. Grandma started telling that my girl off, and i told her to "zip up" when everyone is trying to solve the problem on her dresses. She started firing and she scolded me a bitch, so i replied her.. if u scold me, what makes you think you are not one.

hiak hiak. i pulled my 3 luggages in tow with my girl and slammed that hotel room door and walked out. headed str8 to the conceige and ask for a limo to head airport myself... angry...

Back