(2010/11) November 2010 MTB

Mbgirl: my boi also suddendly got this problem... used to love bathe time but now dun realli like it.... and tend to be scare of water.... guess its a phase that they go through?

Sheepsheeps: my boi also... only mom mom (FOOD) the rest cant realli speak but onli point n point....

Sheepysheeps - Same same.. my boy hvnt start talking yet too.. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif] all he does say is "ah ah ah" haiz dunno shld I be stressed too.. At least now I know that he is not the only one not talking yet.. Now juz praying that he will learn to talk soon .. Jia you for our babies.. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Hi Sheepysheeps,

I can understand ur feeling.

Hope ur girl talks to u soon.

I heard some of the childern talk only when they are around 2yrs.

if u worried,how about discuss with ur PD? hope ur PD can share more info.

sheepy: maybe observe another month or so...if you are still concerned then ask the PD....[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

i went to look up our baby's health handbook..the guidelines for language are like that...

1) Your child uses the word "papa" and "mama" specifically (says "papa" and "mama" specifically) - 14.5 months

2) Without coaching, pointing or helping, your child can point to at least 2 parts of his body such as nose, eyes, ears, hands, hair, legs and stomach when asked (points to own body - 2 parts) - 19 months

3) Your child can say at least three words other than "papa"/ "mama", which means the same things each time he uses them (says 3 words other than papa/mama) - 21 months

every baby develops differently though...i know of babies who are very quiet until going 2 years old already then suddenly out of the blue started talking a lot and cannot stop those kind...haha...they just like to take their time sometimes...[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

mummies, paiseh to ask again, can help me LIKE this facebook page if you dun mind?

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Baby-Carrier-Singapore/196163800489641?ref=tn_tnmn

Thanks in advance. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Enmummy- Wah seems my boy is a slow talker..dun even wana call mama papa.. Dunno when he will start to open his golden mouth... Haha..

Btw I alrdy Like your FB page.. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

U selling the carrier ?

Ya, I looked at the health booklet and I started to get concerned lor.

Your child uses the word "papa" and "mama" specifically (says "papa" and "mama" specifically) - 14.5 months

(she cannot - everyone and everything is "ahh")

Sheepysheeps- Yr girl and my boy can be good friends.. (Ahhh ahhh together). Anyway I will go chk with my PD tomorrow when he goes for his chix pox vaccine and see wat the PD reviews. Gosh after reading all..I'm feeling aliitle stressed and worried now.. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

evelyn: thanks a lot for liking the page...[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] feel free to share the page with any of your mummy friends who might be interested...

mummies don't worry too much...i rem my doc tell me unless baby cannot do most of the things mentioned...then there is a concern to be worried...but your baby may be more advanced in other areas like gross motor skills, etc....so as long as baby can do most of the things mentioned shud be ok bah...afterall these are just "guidelines"...[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

have a good weekend mummies!

My boy Is also Not talking.. Not even papa or mama just ah ah ah.. He is going to be 16 months soon. Guess he is taking his own sweet time. I was quite worried too.. But guess all in good time.

Update status of my girl shower: these few days, the bath time schedule change from morning (before lunch) to mid afternoon (after her 2-3hrs nap time), and my girl is still afraid of stepping into the water. Instead, she will stand and play with the stickers on the wall, and use small volume of spray water and quickly wash her, so far okay, seems that she likes to be "adult" style to take shower, haha. But she don't like or will cry when spraying water on her hair (water will flow down to her face), use normal style, she is okay. Hope she can overcome the fear soon and enjoy her bath. Dunno next time how to train her swimming ^^ she did has the bath toys, but haven't tried the bubble bath

Sharon: you are right that this is a phase that some of toddlers will go through, but certainly not everyone. So how you handle now?

As for talking, I believe each every toddler behaves differently, hope you don't worry too much. When time comes, you will surprise how your boy/girl react or behave

Tell a joke, few weeks back when I let my girl to step or experience the sand on beach, she was scared. When sand went into her sandal, she looked at me and want to cry, and I could feel she asked me to clean up the sand, when taking out her sandal n let her step on the sand, she shake her head, haha

I checked with my PD and asked if its ok that my boy is not talking yet.. He said its ok as long as he can recognise stuff like pointing to his eyes, nose, ears and say bye and do simple stuffs when asked to.. Talking will prob kick in later only. So to all mummies whom babies are not yet talking.. Dun get overly worried.. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Mbgirl- Haha I wana bring my boy to the beach too but scared he will splash the sand in his eyes.. So hvnt brought him yet.. But guess my boy will hv the same reaction as your girl too after stepping on the sand.. Hahaa ..

Mbgirl: ur gal is so cute....

For bath these days, i try to shampoo him by still carrying him like a bb lor... so tat the water doesnt drip into his eyes and nose... i dun wan him to fear bath.... then let him play with water and wash his body.. once done i will do a quick 3-5s spray of water over him and quickly use hand to wipe away the water on his face..... sometimes he also siao siao de... depends on mood one....

Evelyn, sheepy: continue to talk to your kids a lot. Sing with them. No tv till they try making sounds or talk. Establish eye contact with kids when you talk, they can then see your mouth movements and mimic likewise. Some kids just take a longer time to talk. Hope this helps.

Any mummies who has given birth or is pregnant again, since ur last pregnancy in nov '2010? I'm contemplating the idea of having a second bb, but is scared that i can't cope.

Hello mummies, how will you handle the situation if your toddlers "scream" or shout as he/she is not happy? (whether at home or outside) Eg, you told him/her not to do this/that, and keep explaining why or not to do this/that, etc. Scold or beat (with hand) or ignore or what ??? Thanks for sharing

Serene> think there are quite a few pregnant or already deliver for this thread. Myself too, I'm preg with #2 now. some people prefer small age gap some prefer bigger age gap so you need to discuss with yr hubby & evaluate whether u/yr family/yr hubby is ready for another one. If yes, then why not start trying now, it would be more than 2yo gap now if u try.

Sheepsheeps> Afraid of what?

Mommywong10, afraid of financial means, coping means, childcare and also work factors.

1 child already so expensive, with 2, (even if I use old things) milk (I have problems latching) + diapers is enough to drain.

Then how to take care of no 2 when no 1 is all over the place and whiny.

Work, I recently change department.

sheepysheeps> oic..true that things are getting expensive, in terms of financil only u & yr hubby can judge whether u are ready to have number 2.

just to share, i have a few friends who also wait a while to try #2, however usually ttc takes longer time than we "plan". u plan 2yo gap, u may end up with a 2.5yo gap.

for me, i didnt think so far of financial (which might not be too gd), i just think "innocently" many people also give birth to many children, and i plan to have minimum 2, if possible 3. so for myself i do not want to deliver when i'm too old and mentally/physically tired, so want to faster deliver & "close shop", xiong for few years kind and true that our #1 need alot of attention now so you need to have someone to help out if u get pregnant etc..i do not mean to pressure you, just sharing my personal views/reasons. I also thought i'll get preg as easily as #1, but i also did not as successfully as #1, did try a while. anyway its between u & yr hubby, just evaluate and weigh the options to see when u are ready, need not pressure yourself.

I really salute to u mummies! Having #2 is not easy.. same thing im very scared too.. Plus, i already hv to cope with a bunch of ppl in d hse (who doesn't know how to keep the hse clean n yet only dirtied it after i clean already drained me out)

Seriously, Im oso at my wits end...sometimes I really thinking how I shld deal with such situations and such ppl!! Im working the hell out even with im sick n still make a mess...arrgghhh! Its exasperating!

Sometimes i wish i just hv a place with jus my kid n hb.. Bcos of all these, I argue with my hb many times and I believe afterall its his family n he'll side a bit here n there,isn't it? (Crap!!)

Even when I hv to cook I hv to cook for all of them plus still must ask n wait to see if they wanna eat or not!

At times, im really sick n tired of my life...if not for my kid...

Somemore no one bothers abt the hsehold stuff (daily necessities) I hv to big bag small big buy for everyone... (tt day my hb was jus talking to his mum n says things are costlier nowadays and one trip to supermarket with a few things already cost hundred plus) then his mum said"aiya y buy so many things?"

Sorry to say this,mommies, but i was thinking WTH!! All the hsehold things if i nvr buy u think u all can use ah...right anot? Im nt being petty but its a situation with such ppl!! How not to be pek chek???

Sorry to rant~~~

Babywonder: *big hugs* to you. Hope today will be a better day for you. Placing hopes on people will result in getting yourself hurt. Since they are all "from the same clan", it is unlikely they will change unless they see your point. My take will be change myself to manage situations better since I can't change them. I don't think you are bad at all! Your sentiments are valid. Jia you!

Many many thks Jo (jogwyn) for the encouragement! I understand wat u meant.. haizzz.I seriously dunno how to change myself to manage such jokers n situations in d hse... Well, they will nvr see my point.. Sometimes u can still hear the MIL say to my bb, "aiyo y u hv so many things"

I was like "HALLLOOO" (in my heart) my ger's stuff is already soooo little...I dun even hv space .. we are staying in the smallest room in the entire hse and we hv a young kid,how can we not have anything???

Most irritating is, everyday after i clean d hse,the nxt morning u can see its dirtied here n there... Wat else can I say???

babywonder> *hugs*, forum is a gd place for mummies to share. sometimes daddies/friends might not understand, so when u have frustration come in and complain! of course some mummies share good deals/info here too. i'm like u too, always big bag small bag then my hubby will say whey u buy so many things, havent use finish what (he didnt "scold" lah), its like they will not appreciate until one day when they really run out of toilet paper when they want to use then they'll appreciate that u actually keep stock of the toilet paper isnt it? i always ensure there is "stock" for pampers/milk powder/shower foam/shampoo/tissue paper but my hubby will say "u can only buy when there is almost zero at home)..we are "aunties" right, we always stock when there are deals also.

mummywong10 : May thks! U r right! *high five* Yes, i always make sure tt my toiletries plus my ger stuff is in stock n will buy when there;s a gd deal jus like u,i hate last min thingy..

My hb is ok, the prob tt i face is the rest of the ppl in d hse! Totally hate it! They nvr seem to bother abt keeping d hse clean, replenish stuff in d hse...its like my job! (hellloooo I dun get paid at all) worrstt thing is like I said everytime i clean d hse clean,neat n nice, the moment they're back home, u can see the nxt morning , its dirtied again...arrrggghhh!

Well, im nt expecting them to be super clean freak like me but at least do something right,isn't it so?? haizzz... Super hate the younger sis esp! (she loves to curry favour) well, i dun bother BUT it does BOTHER me when she make the place dirty everytime! (she's d Bu Zi DOng type) & everytime tries to be very close to my ger! (PUI!!) pardon me...

Everytime she smoke (outside d hse) then play n carry my ger,n come into our room, damn smelly,doesn't know how to wash her hands meh...(basic courtesy,right)

Always like to bring my ger to my MIL room n pretend,"say let's go find granny" (crap!!) (fyi, she likes to curry favour her mum) the other SILs oso worst, sometimes late already, n im trying to put my ger to sleep, they still wanna come into my room n try to bring her out n play (stupid right??)

There's a few times, i already off lights,then still knock n open my door n say aiyo sleep liao,i wanna play with her leh.. (Arggghhh!!)

Someone tell me,how nt to be mad!

babywonder> hmmm only u are keeping the house clean? yr mil is not doing the cleaning of the house too and like u helping out kind? if u are real angry, maybe you just clean yr room and try to keep yr girl only in yr room where it's clean? i'm lucky i never face famliy members who smoke, both my famly & IL family dont have smokers but i'm not sure if how easy it is for u to handle this. I'm very particular on babies health, hygience when they are young. So i'll niam niam niam on washing hands, sterilizing etc when they are young..as they grow bigger now, i'm letting loose abit..but cigarette smell might not be too good for toddlers. Can you ask yr hubby to inform her or you can say to her to wash hands after smoking (maybe smoking is a habit she cant curb, but she can try to wash her hands). As for playing with yr girl when she want to sleep, if once a while i might close 1 eye if they seldom see her, but if its regular, next time maybe u can lock the door? its always easier said than done lah...alot of things are usually hard to say out when u are not having your own place..

Babywonder: can imagine what you are going through. Your hard work will be recognized. Your kid is looking too and learning too! So don't give up, you are doing fine! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Thks alot Jo! All tt I've done is bcos of my ger else I really wouldn't wanna bother … I dun wanna die of anger ………

I dun expect much just hope my Ger knows wat I've been doing for her …

Haizzz …it's hard to live with so many ppl with their patterns …

I'll just hv to "ren ren ren "till d day I can see nice clear rainbow over my head …

Mummywong10: Yes I'm d one n only one who keeps d hse sparkling clean the rest of the ppl( a total of 5 of them) do nt do anything!!! The youngest sil is selfish!! She cleans her own room once in a while whenever her fiance is here!( fyi,she doesnt buy any hsehold stuff for her cleaning,worst still,she still gotta cheek to ask me,eh aiyo d cleaner no more ah)Her room door or I shed say their room doors are dirty!!! Arggghhh! I cleaned a few times n I gave up!! I'm nt their maid! But I think they're taking me as one! The youngest sil is d only smoker. I hate the smell! It's basic courtesy right? Wat 's wrong with washing hands??? I am oso very particular abt bb 's health cos it's most impt n we're d ones who has to be there 24/7 for them! And u know wat just bcos I'm particular, everytime they'll say to my Ger " Oh ur mommy is here lo,later mommy will beat beat or scold "(in chinese) I really super hate tt!! I dun wan my Ger to think mommy is a monster which I'm really not!!

babywonder> i feel u are feeling very upset over all these, sometimes staying together is hard to avoid conflicts, any chance u can have yr own place? else u really have to work it out and talk over it nicely with yr hubby and SIL? in long run, yr baby health might be affected and it build up the tension between u and the fmaily members. i assume u are SAHM, not working? if u are not working, maybe you can go back to work force so that u'll be "free of the housework and frustration" during working time. If u are already working, then maybe you can set every week give yrself a break day from hsework to cheer yrself up?

mummywong10 : thks for lending a listening ear...in fact its our hse.. I can't shoo them off anyway... so gotta ren ren ren... I won't let my bb's health be affected by them..cos i will usually clean d hse n sterilize d stuff everyday.. I doubt they know la,cos i kept to myself only...haizz...only nag at my poor hb n i dun like it cos i feel tt it will only jeopardize our r/s...im a SAHM...

babywonder> oh its yr house! 家家有本难念的经. ya can only "complain" here to feel better. its true will affect yr r/s in long run. if the condition not so serious, try to close 1 eye and yes like what u said, u can only continue to clean and sterilise the hse for the sake of yr bb. 求人不如求己! hope yr hubby & family will slowly appreciate what u are doing. alternatively, hide in yr room most of the time loh, avoid conflicts avoid SIL from carrying her to the minimum. jiayou and stay strong for your bb.

Hi mummies

Am new here. Boy also a Nov bb.

Can I check if any of your kid still wake up at night?? Mine still...... and it's really tiring. He just woke up and cannot go bk to sleep himself. We tried give milk, pat, move him to another bed. He just cried and fussed. Goodness, can be a nightmare in the middle of the night like 2-3am kind of timing.

mummywong10 : U r right n my character is exactly like wat u said 求人不如求己 type... My hb is ok its his family members i can't stand... U see its our hse but im like kena confined...I had been trying to get my ger in my room esp when they're ard lo...but they'll always knock knock my door n try to be funny like wat i had said...They will just come in say n say come u wanna go nai nai room...arghhh!!always like to use my ger as they're curry favor tool!! I can't say my ger stupid right cos afterall she's a small kid n will get excited when someone wants to play with her..wau piang!!U shld hv seen their look! I feel so disgusted cos they behave as thgh my ger is theirs!! I was soooo pissed off till i told my hb, ask them go get married n get out of the hse n go hv their own bbs la,y always use my ger!! Fedup, isn't it?

For my ger,i'll definitely jiayou n jiayou!! (but keep in my heart too long i will go crazy)

Babywonder: come out with us! A group of us are SAHMs, we often bring our kids out for lunches. Do join us.

Surf: hi! Nope, my boy doesn't. Check room temperature, sometimes too hot or too cold will irritate them. Is there any change in food? Sometimes change in food does cause upset stomach. Or is dinner too close to last milk feed? Dinner too heavy or portion too small? Any of these can be the cause of it.

babywonder,even i dun stay with my in-laws,we already got conflict. I can truly understand your plight.

Chinese say xiang jian rong yi,tong zu nan. But for me,even meeting up can cause conflict..

JiaYou! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Chloe Goh( hapigal): Yes this saying is definitely right! But in life, we are really left with not much choices … it's always the "if only "

Hi,

My daughter is born In oct 2010 (19mths) I am looking for a photogenic boy to do a diaper shoot ( huggies jeans) to partner my girl. this is a personal project of mine.

Interested Parties please email ur bb photo to [email protected] thks!

Hi mummies, long time no post, how r your babies?

So glad my girl finally "graduated" frm the vaccinations already. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Btw, this is my new nick (was en****y)

Haaaa oh this thread seems quiet again.. Huh yr girl graduated from all vaccinations already.. Mine still have leh..

Haha evelyn I think d thread seems quiet too... lol...

Btw, my Ger still has one more MMR jab to go...

Ok maybe I'll start d ball rolling, ok? [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

In fact I've been thinking these days abt our kids education …

Does all ur kids attend enrichment classes / childcare now? Any good /bad reviews to share on d schools attended so far?

Hi baby wonder

My boy is twenty months old and will be starting 2 hrs Playgroup at sengkang talent plus this Tuesday . Curriculum wise I didn't ask much cuz my main objective is for him to interact with others n learn to be on his own I teach him at home

So far he can say abt 50 or more words identify some shapes colour n numbers but not alphabet, say his name , and request for milk pillow etc he scribbles with both hands n loves books but sometimes can't sit still to finish the story

He's really active so I'm thinking of signing him up for gym class to work off some energy any suggestions? I stay in sengkang

Someone asked abt bb waking at night my boy wakes for milk at least once sometimes 2or 3 times ! Sometimes goes back to sleep easy sometimes fuss for 30 mins-1 hr

die (die) : Ur boy is doing great! Maybe u wanna check out The Little Gym / Gymboree on their trial lesson.

My Ger can only identify some words and loves to call out to her papa except ME! Lol! Out of sudden,she jus stopped calling me... [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

Guess our kids at this stage is fun! (of cos, hmmm drives me crazy too!)

Back