(2010/08) August 2010 MTB

Jasmine, bakaholic, Rachel,

Thanks for the info! I think the ntuc near my place hardly sell stuff like these.. Will go n look see again

How does millet taste like? Nice? Easy to cook as quinoa?

Those wif #1,

Does yr kids forget things easily? I realize my gal forgets how to sing songs like ABC even though she masters them when she is 2+. I think she is in the brain connection pruning period (3+yo now) n seems like those skills or things she knows but seldom use r all lost! So scary...

Nap:

Mine also nap twice. Wake up at 7-8am (no later than 8am unless concuss fr last nite last sleep) nap at 11pm abt 1-2hr. Then nap fr 4pm for abt 1-1.5hr. Put her on bed at 9+pm, only sleep ard 10+pm.

Juz wondering whose bb sleep only once in a day now? Dunno how to transit from 2 naps to 1 nap.. Cannot remember how my elder one did..

Millet smells sweet while cooking and it's slightly more grainly compared to rice and quinoa. My boy do not like millet on its own so i always add rice or quinoa together to cook.

If your gal is trying out for the 1st time, better to mix with rice and in case she dosn't like it.

My boy sleeps once a day in school, usus in mid morning after his porridge. he gets distracted thus dun sleep much in the afternoon or some teachers not bothered to try to pat enough to make him sleep.

But at home, he sleeps alot on weekends cos i think not enough sleep in school. usually mid morning from 1-3 hrs and about 3-4pm, for 1-3 hrs. He wakes up early, about 6 cos weekdays we wake up this early so he is used to it. Plus, we need to change his diapers if not will overflow.

why ifc let bb slp from 6pm? then when u all go pick them after 630pm,they only slp 30mins, wont get frustrated?

bakaholic - I let JL eat this.

In fact I gave him many products from childlife.. I believe in giving vitamins+ good food+ fruits to boost their immune..

sunflower, yup, my boy always get frustrated when we go pick him up cos he only sleep for 5 to 10mins. So sometimes I will wait for hubby to come fetch me and let him sleep more in ifc. I think they wan them to sleep so that teachers can managed (update on bb's progress, ask q etc) the parents who came to fetch the infants. Cos they only have 2 teachers left for closing. So 1 manage parents and 1 to continue looking after the infants.

MVH, I'm trying to adjust her nap to match the playground which I'm sending her to in dec. So no more morning nap. Only once in the afternoon after her lunch. But fir past few days she automatically don't wanna take morning nap. Will cry n cry n cry n cry when I put her in her playpen.

She's damn tired now. So am I.... Yawnzzz.

the teachers in ifc just grab my boy from his nap when they sees us coming. And sometimes, he gets a bit frustrated. Thus we try not to go too early.

My gal is turning damn cranky recently. She can't fall asleep by herself anymore. Someone must be with her as in she must see someone beside her. Otherwise if I were to leave the room and leave her alone, she turns hysterical. What's happening? What will happen when I send her to playground? I believe the teacher will not be so free to pat the kids to sleep right? So to train them??

weiling,

she senses the presence of the new member into the family, and get jealous? so need attention? maybe most of the family members devote the atttention to your boy, and she wants you all to care for her?

Sunflower, funny thing is she is hysterical only during sleeping time. Other times she's ok. She even knows how to Sayang didi. She's ok when I carry didi... Even when she sees me carry other babies she's ok... Not very jealous.

That's why I at my wits end. Sianz. How come they have do many patterns!

wl,

most kids will need time to adapt to playgroup. You have to manage the separation anxiety. The first few weeks, teacher will give more time for the newcomer. If she is the only newcomer, then she will get more attention. Some kids take a few weeks to adapt, some will take a few months. My boy has been in IFC for about a month already. The first few days, he very happy, then subsequently, every morning he will cry when we pass him to one of the teachers there. The teacher is not in charge of the infants, think she is the in charge for nursery. But once the teacher hands him over to the infantcare teacher, he is ok.

hi mummies

havnt come in for quite awhile. just to share experience of my trauma.

my gal vomitted 6 times on sunday & we brought her to MT A. after diagnosis of having stomach flu, we brought her home. yesterday, she had diarrhoea 3 times. this morning, she had provoked seizure & became unconscious. she was not breathing & was turning blue while my hubby tried to revive her & i called ambulance. hubby did mouth to mouth a number of times before she became conscious again. medical officer arrived & checked on her, she was better & was sent to kkh. they did serveral tests incl blood test & ecg etc which showed she was ok. they concluded its post fit. however they wanted to admit her for 24hrs for observation. we went to seek pd opinon was informed of provoked seizure which was caused by lack of possadium & sodium that leads to imbalance of eclectrolyte. after confirming that there's no UTI, we brought her home. now she is well & active again.

*touch wood* should any mummies encounter this, as advised by medical officer, doc & pd, pls do not shaft anything into bb mouth(we were thought to put spoon or finger in case they bite their tongue?)cos this may block the airway. just do mouth to mouth(no pumping of heart) till regain consciousness & lie bb sideway to recover.

hope none of us will ever encounter this(again).

jesho

your experience is so scary. I think i will freak out if in your shoes.

My boy had stomach flu not too long ago too. I suspected it when he first had diarrhea and then followed by the loss of appetite. It was quite mild since one day he only had diarrhea once, but i scared of dehydration to i tried to give him more liquids but he was not so keen to eat or drink. I gave him yogurt and probiotics. The next day, he vomited twice (small volume). As it was weekend and my PD's clinic was closed, so on Sunday I tried a nearby clinic, also a PD. This PD took his case very lightly, just gave some medicine to stop the diarrhea and powder probiotics. No mention of dehydration. I was worried becos he was lethargic and took 3 hours naps still refused to wake up.

The next morning, he had watery diarrhea twice in the morning, I wasn't comfortable so I called my usual PD and he asked to bring my boy to see him. This PD is really good, he told me my boy was dehyrdrated thats why he kept sleeping. He told me to stop giving him the anti-diarrhea medicine since his diarrhea wasn't too serious, just let the bad stuff to come out. Prescribed probiotics and motilium to prevent vomitting. And prescribed Hydralyte to replace electrolytes lost, this contains sodium chloride, potassium citrate, citric acid monohydrate and glucose.

He also warned me that if my boy continued to be lethargic or refused to take the liquids orally then admit to hospital to put him on drips. Luckily my boy reacted well to the biogaia probiotics (i think other brands really not so good), and i managed to make him take the hydralyte together with yogurt and water. His stool firmed up and no more vomit.

Your first visit to Mt A, the doctor didn't prescribe anything to prevent dehydration? Or told you to monitor? It looks like your girl was dehydrated hence the seizure. And yes, you shouldn't put anything into her mouth if she has a seizure, should lay her on her side (recovery position).

alamak! I can't believe this. Just change my boy's diaper (Pampers) at 8pm. At 9.30pm, his diaper was so full that it leaked! He drank a lot of water, but so fast meh? Is it time to upsize his diaper? He is still wearing size L for pampers. And guess what, when I took off his diaper, he still peeing! Good thing is the diaper not yellowish.. meaning he has plenty of water hah.

I find that I have to change my gal's diaper much more often lately also. Sometimes it's full & heavy before 2hrs. She's also using pampers L. Wonder if it's the diapers or she really pee so much.

Coincidentally my mum also mention that she had been changing diaper frequently. Less than 2 hours, the diaper look heavy. She mention that my gal had been drinking too much water. So she reminded me to take note! Probably your little ones had been drinking more!

sweetkyra, cheekrene

don't think its the diaper bah. The same diaper last time can last 6 hours leh. So I'm wondering if its time to upsize.

Mine also!! Change frequently nowadays. Confirm its not the pampers bcos I've been using the same size for many mths. And I bought 6 boxes of the same batch, only recently pee like mad. Confirm they drink alot more than usual.

Ya! JL also pee alot?

I change at 7+ and 9+ is already full le.. now before sleep have to change le..

I tot pamper crusier is better than normal pampers?But still leak... really dun noe what brand to use...

that time i had to upsize cos it's kept leaking after 2+hrs. The sizing seems a big but at least can contain for few hrs. Funny thing is that he hasn't outgrow the weight stated on the packaging.

It's good that they like to drink water. Prob they r slowly adjusting to more solids and less dependent on fm.

My boy is still using M size leh. Pet pet is ok for him. Huggies M size too small and will leak. If using huggies have to upsize liao. My boy also drinking more water and will definably leak if more than 5hrs. Last time can last very long too.

i bot a new bottle for gen and she love it.. so now i can see her pamper getting heavier.. hehehe..

ytd she ae her dinner at 7pm then 7.30pm we bath her..

and by 9pm we need to change her diaper again cuz it is v heavy...

im still using L SIZE till now

my gal is also wearing pampers L size. Also realize that she urines a lot recently n need to change more frequent. last time 1 pamper can last the whole nite, abt 8-9hrs.. now leak when i check in the morning.. I upgrade to size XL for nite, so far ok. Day time i use L coz still got leftover n we can change whenever we want..

jesho, thank God that your gal is ok n well now. Din know dehyration causes seizure.. my gal got gastric flu once too, prescribed biogaia probiotics only coz mild case. Another time is HFMD, she cant eat nor drink, hence the PD gave those electrolytes drink to prevent dehydration. My gal refuses to drink, so force her by syringing her.

Bakaholic,

u noe there is a learning vision at biopolis? long Q or not? i just realised that church sch takes in toddlers at 3yo for pre-nursery, so i need to think of alternative.

my gal also...must change quite often...sometimes 1 and 1/2 hrs must change already cos leak..last sun, she leak again and was playing with her urine!!-_-||

it's good to see them drinking more water!

at times JL can finish 180ml of water after he ate one porridge/cereal feed.

poor JL got tear skin on his bottocks.. haiz. dun noe why leh.

we change frequently already. hope it heal faster. so heart broken to see that [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

this few days his drinking pattern is better, at least I know it is not the FM problem.

just that he is sian of his milk? I tried 180ml yesterday (norm. is 150ml) and he finishes it, yeah!

Looks like upsize the diaper for the night is the solution to the leak problem. Maybe our little ones are older and the volume they pee has doubled!

Sunflower

Why do u want to go biopolis? Very far from ur Home and workplace right?

Rachel,

mine also leak at nite.. gota change the clothes too..but dont have XXL for pampers rite?

my hb works near there.

i use xl mamy poko diapers for daytime and pull ups at night. I have leaks from the top so pullups is good. But daytime have to use diapers cos pullup not good for poo.

Sunflower, biopolis got learning vision. Seems popular. Got 1 at moe bldg too. There is a mindchamp in fusionopolis. Otherwise, ghim moh cc got little skool house.

Cheese, try to use wet cotton ball for poo and wash. Pee also wash. Try not to use wet wipes cos may wipe too hard and cause more pain.

Cheese

I use wash cloth with water for pee and wipes and cottonpad for poo then followed by wash cloth. Use dry towel to dap dry then wear diaper.

Recently I have switched to bath oil for my boy's bath as he has dry skin. It's really very good. Now his skin is very smooth and soft compared to last time a bit rough. I still apply lotion after bath.

Haha Rachel

Got think of this already , and also if he on leave Gota bring L down also . So am checking on my mum's side too

Sunflower

If he on leave not so bad, but if he on mc or reservist or on biz trip then gonna be troublesome. That's why I still prefer to place my boy at IFC near my home. My hubby also put my boy on waiting list in LV at MOE. The que v v long and only takes in 8 kids for up to 36mo. But it's cheap!

sunflower, better to have one near ur home cos sometimes if they fall ill, school will call u to bring home.

Rach, wat brand of bath oil u use? Currently i use baby sebamed cos no tears formula for hair and body and physiogel moisturizer.

Racehl,

i thought LV is exp? how cheap? or is it bcos its at MOE, thats why cheap?

Baka,

ya i ever thought if sch ask us to bring him home, i can call my mum to pick him up if i choose the sch near my mum's place.

Bak

I'm using QV from Australia. Bath oil is safe for infant and no need to rinse off. For hair and bottom, i use the QV wash cos scared the bath oil cant wash clean enough. Seba lotion very strong scented. Didn't like it but they hv bubble bath oil, not sure if it is scented.

physiogel not suitable for my boy. He had rashes with the cream at 2mo. After that I never try again alre. sebamed lotion use in IFC cos I can't stand the strong scent. At home using QV lotion. Unscented. I like [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Back