(2010/08) August 2010 MTB

I had changed from Enfa stage 2 to 3 already.

My boy had difficulties in finishing his milk.. haiz.. dun noe is it the change?

Should not be... cos he also drink Pediasure on weekends too (cold from fridge)

i tot same brand can just replace by 1 feed per day and gradually increase?

Only different brand need to add half and let them try.

sunflower

he drinks more now. Think need two tins to change over completely. But since stage 2 more nutritious, so probably can take longer for stage 2. Thinking of feeding him stage 3 in IFC. He is taking 4 feeds at home and 2 feeds in IFC. If he stay at home, we give him 7 feeds a day. He usu wants milk 1 hour after lunch, but duno why in IFC, they only feed him milk 3 hours later.

What's your babies weight now?

My boy has lost weight and did not reach 10kg yet. And he is in the 10-25% only. So sad.. He eats alot of porridge and cereal and drinks about nearly 900-1L of fm per day.

rach,

Your boy drinks so much? Mine only have 4 milk feeds per day. Rest of the meals is just 1 fruit, porridge, and cereal.

bak

my boy also drinks abt 900ml-1.1L a day. He takes smaller feeds each time. Range from 120-150ml, night usu is 220-250ml. This is more than sufficient. Recommended milk intake is 600ml a day for their age now. Why is he at 10-25%tile?

The last time I brought my boy for assessment, his weight is on >50%tile. Their weight will hit a plateau as they are more active now. As long as he grows taller then its fine.

You boy's weight is 3x his birth weight yet? I'm taking my boy for his 12mo assessment and prevnar jab (4th jab!) next week, will update here again.

SURVEYEES NEEDED URGENTLY!

Looking for:

1) Pregnant women from age 18 to 40, stage of pregnancy is 13 to 36 weeks,Singaporean or PRs, Chinese, Malays and Indians.

2) Mothers who is feeding their infants from 0 to 12 months old using infant formula brands currently.

Incentive reward: $30 NTUC Voucher Interested, pls reply:-

Group : 1 or 2

Name :

Hp no :

Mother Age:

Brand consume :

Baby age :

Pregnancy stage in weeks :

Email to [email protected] by 25/8/11.

Thanks

My boy is 13month already (he is born in 12 july) and I think he only hit 9kg..(last weigh on late June)

What to do lei.. every time act like engineer... crawl here and there..

Now know how to walk.. walk here and there...

Yesterday he even try to run but fall lorz..

My boy drink very lil...

Only 150ml 4feeds.. one feed is only 120ml cos he will eat cereal too

I called mead johnson and they now need about 300-400ml only as now milk is only

supplement, they need to have 3 meals liao..

I already close one eye on his weight.. as long as I know he is growing.. cos can feel the weight

is different.

cheese

300ml like very little leh. I am giving my boy 3 meals a day too. Cereal in morning, porridge/pasta for lunch and dinner. Oh my boy is exactly 1.5 months younger than JL.

Is there a growth spurt at 12mo? Just noticed my boy puts on 220grams over 10 days even though he is sick (weight taken at clinic on two visits for his flu). And he slept alot now!

Rachel, that is the guideline only..

as a parent, I believe we wanna them to drink as much as they can! LOL, but still I dun wanna

my boy to be obese and need to go turf club (believe should exist now right?During my era. still have)

Haa.. I am the one that need to take extra MILK in school cos im underweight...

But I hate milk, always give my classmate free milk.. haha.. i still remember vividly..

My boy weight grow very slow lei..

Re: toothpaste

I let my boy use it since he 4th teeth out..

Normally he brush his teeth together with his jie jie... he like to imitate what his sis doing now...

so whenever brushing teeth time, I will get his sis to show him with open the mouth big big and say ‘AHHHH”

And now if tell him is time to brush teeth... he will open his mouth big big & say "AHHH", very cute!

He is not good in gargling his mouth but he will spill the water out (i use cooked warm water for him)... so far so good...

Bakaholic, baby M looks ok with his size la, dun worry so much…

I think baby S not even 9kgs yet, so is less than 10%?? But nevermind la… it doesn’t matter as long as he is healthy right?

Jasmine, I saw ur preparation for bb J birthday in FB… u really spent a lot of effort & time on it! Looking forward for this sat party [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

By the way, wanna check with u all… anyone beat ur baby so far?

How u punish him/her when they misbehave??

Last night I was really mad & I really beat my boy with my hand for the first time...very hard type! And he cry till no sound :p

(till today I never beat my # 1 leh :p )

This was what he did…

He got a very bad habit nowaday which like to use his finger to dig his mouth when he cant find his pacifier...and the next thing after digging the mouth is – VOMIT!

He did it the first time yesterday and vomited on his cloth… I told him not to do so and take out his hand then change him...

After change the new cloth, he did it again and this time round he vomited on the pillow & blanket!! I was angry and scold him again and repeat to him “DON”T DO THAT AGAIN!”!!.. when I washed the pillow case & blanket out from bathroom, I saw him putting his hand in again and vomited on the mattress!! Arrggg… then I really mad & hold his hand and beat very hand… geram!!

Then as usual lo… he cried till no voice & his dad be the good angel to go n comfort him & I am the devil mum :S

But feel guilty after that actually...

duckling,

thanks [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] cya on sat!

i believe that we should punish him/her if they misbehave. like my #2 loves to pull his jiejie's hair super hard! once he even pull out her hair. poor jiejie kept crying. i beat his hands quite hard but he didn't cry and found it amusing. so i beat again and his turn to cry. =X

cheese

weight grow slow should be normal bah. Now should be their height stretching... Give them a healthy balance diet cos they need the energy now. They are so so active! Like a busy bee working during their waking hours. Obesity didn't really cross my mind, as my family has skinny genes, difficult to put on weight. I wish he has more baby fats, super cute.

jasmine, my boy also bully his jie jie with pulling her hair hard leh... he also use his hand to beat his jie jie if his jie jie refuse to give him something that he wants, dunno where he learn all these as his jie jie is really those very gentle type..... so can I conclude that boy & girl behaviour really difference? jialat...

duckling

i smack my boy's butt or thigh very hard repeatedly 3 times then he will cry. Otherwise, raising my voice works too. There's one time I threw his bowl into the sink and scolded him, after he put his hand into the bowl of porridge. He seems to understand he did wrong and cried silently. I tried beating hand before but he just imitate and beat my hand back. So I think he thought I'm playing with him when I hit his hand, not as effective for punishment.

duckling,

I don't need to beat him, just give him angry face or scold him he'll cry very loud liao...

Jasmine,

my gal scared of my boy liao... he bite her fingers 2 days in a row...

Rachel, wah... need to smack ur boy 3 times then he will cry... think he got thick skin la... haha

btw, u threw his bowl huh?? so fierce...:p

Actually I dun really agreement of the body punishment... as I always believe when we tell them and be reason with them, they can understand... but yesterday i was really out of control as he repeatly did it for 3 times:p May b my 爱的教育can be only applicable to my #1... but for boy... hope I can still tahan and no need to buy cane la... haha

Rachel

Ur boy so many feeds! Mine drinking lesser as teething starts again. I gota force milk down .

Jasmine, haha u r so funny . I like ' his turn to cry '

Duckling ,

My boy same as jerrenz , liketo pull daddy's hair when playing with him. Its damn painful too. I smack his hand and scolded him. He continues, wont cry one. So notti. When his daddy scolds him or smack his hand , he hugs him.

duckling,

maybe boy is harder to teach..

eeyore,

wa just show angry face he will cry? will your girl bully him if he bite her fingers? my girl will try to beat her didi whenever he pull her hair. told her only mummy can beat didi not you.

eeyore, baby J likes to cry... haha! but his crying face cute leh :p

Alamak... ur gal also kena bully by didi... seems like all of us got same case at home :p

sunflower,

haha his daddy hair so short he also pull? somehow jerrenz will only pull his jiejie and my hair.. i should consider cutting my hair short..

Punishment.

I will scold first and if he did that again and I will beat his hand.

If he does that again, I will beat and beat again.

He will touch and touch again and I will beat and beat

till he cry, normally he wont cry first one. just wanted to try his luck to see if he can touch again.

There after, finally, he wont do that again..

My boy wont spilt the water out lei..

He just swallow.. haha.. when water goes into his mouth he will tend to swallow lei

Duckling how to teach to spit it out? Repeat the action ah?

duckling,

yah he's more of a crying bb than his jiejie...

jasmine,

haha, when he bite her fingers, she's busy crying, no time to bully him... but during playing time, yes she'll bully him, take advantage of her being faster, snatch his toys, etc... he dunno pull how many strands of her hair liao, sometimes she numb already, just shout for the sake of shouting... my boy also find my hair amusing that out of boredom, he'll just pull and let go but eyes dunno see where...

sunflower, so u & ur hb will be 'melt' by his hug right?? he very smart lo... just like my#1... whenever she make me angry, she will quickly say sorry n hug me tight tight... then they win liao lo... haiz

Aiyo..

My boy not so 'Yang orr" one..

Dun really want hugs only when he super happy then he hug me..

Wonder if only ger does that???

So #2 must be a girl~ LOL

Jasmine

The funny thing is he finds short hair challenging. Only pull my hb and my mum's hair. Enough for 2 full fists. My hair he occasionally just grab a fist but never pull. Duno is it bcos my hb and mum easy to bully or I look fiercer

Eeyore

He Always bites jiejie fingers? Why? Cos she snatched his toys?

Duckling

Yalor.. Kids are getting intelligent nowadays. Duno how they learn all these tricks - beat others , hug parents ..only one yr old only

cheese, ur method so cute, beat and beat and beat... but sound effective hor...

Ya, I teach him how to spit the water by showing him... eveytime when he brush teeth, I will put a mug beside him and show him how to spit out the water... he will learn and do the same thing... sometime he still swallow but at least half of the water is out [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

duckling

my boy very notti leh. Sometimes he will test my patience lor. Like you say, skin very thick, not gentle kind like Jasmine's baby J. He is definitely not a cry baby. He can be a complain king lah, but doesn't cry much. Hit him one time, he will just look at you then quickly forgotten, so must hit 3 times then he knew he is naughty and I'm not playing with him. I guess different kid needs different ways to manage, so have to find the most effective way. That day i threw his bowl cos i totally lost patience. I had warned him 3 times not to put his hand into the bowl, he repeatedly tested my patience. So when he overturned the bowl I got fed up, picked up his bowl, brought him to the sink and dumped the bowl into the sink very loudly. But it works lor, after that he didnt try to mess up his porridge when I'm feeding him. Just need to raise my voice if he tries to be funny and he will stop his nonsense. Managing girl and boy also quite different. But I believe that we need to explain to them why they are punished. They may not understand now, but sooner or later, they will. Some say "spare the cane and spoil the child", but it all depends on the individual child, not the individual parent. If the kid can understand just by scolding, then no need to cane lah. If scolding doesn't work, I will try the cane method before it is too late. Btw, caning doesn't mean violence la. My mum used to cane us when we are little also. I got caning just because I lie down to read! That I think is not so right ahaha..

Sunflower,

he don't always bite her fingers, only past weekends...

on sat, she was playing with him, with fingers pointing at him, who knows he was so fast that the next thing we know is jiejie's fingers in his mouth.

the following day, he bite her when she was feeding him bread.

on monday she don't dare to feed him already, run to me and ask me to feed, she don't want to be biten the 3rd time.

sunflower

your boy so smart. Mine doesn't know how to do this trick yet haha.. he is very bz with his own activities. He only plays his tricks when he wanna eat our food. He doesn't even display any jealousy if I carry other babies, simply boh chap kind.

Oh yes, my boy also loves to pull little girls' hair. Especially girls who has little hair clips.

Rachel,

my boy is quite alert, nowadays I notice if he's trying out something we forbid him to do, he'll look at me first, monitor if I'm looking or what's my reaction before he do it. example if we don't allow him to sneak beside the sofa, he'll crawl near, watch me, if I'm looking, he'll pretend to play with the toys, when I turn my head, he'll snaek into there liao...

Rachel, when ppl says when bb sleeps more, they gain weight or grow faster... good that your boy gains weight fast.. my gal only put on 200g for the past 2.5mos, now still 10.5kg..

duckling, i beat my elder gal 2 days ago for misbehaving and cried non-stop for 45mins till i cant tahan.. beat till my finger got blue black.. as for my younger gal, when i raise my voice, she cries liao..

MVH

my boy's weight has been stagnant for quite a while, only recently put on, so wondering if it is the 12mo growth spurt. He is not even 10kg yet at 11mo. Angeline is 10.5kg since 11mo? But he is not a big baby to begin with. Now alre more than 3 times his birth weight, and he has grown taller, so I'm not so concern.

punishment

i will raise my voice first if he misbehave or naughty, then he will cry but awhile later, he will repeat again, then, i will beat his butt or thigh n he will throw his temper n dont want me to carry, trying to escape.. hahaha..

For Gen i will stare at her then she will cry out loud.. at times i need to beat then she will know...

when she cry she will look for daddy or jonas when we are outside.. :p

I wanna give up leh ... My girl these days eat half portion then don't want eat . Today fried rice n marsh tofu n cheese for her and she refuse to eat ! I want to faint , and she will spilt out the food . She is super active type , she will scream . And when she is naughty , i scream at her she not scare , then I beat her hand till very red n my finger pain n she don't care ! How do I teach her ? Any body can help ! Want to faint

Hi mummies, anyone heard of Walter ETL Learning or learning tech?

It has a whole set of books and a pen to scan e barcode in e book and interact/speak to your child?

Is it really useful?

wa.. seen my name mentioned a few times.. hehe... paiseh... very busy with the spree thing...didnt come in again till now

Rachel, welcome. hope you like the shoes ! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Sunflower: yea, Batch 9 still got slot for paid orders. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

RE: Topic on milk powder

I am still giving Friso stage 2 because it says until 18 months. It should be ok to continue to give?

white_lady: not sure if it helps but maybe you try feeding her while she is watching TV? nowadays my bb always watch tv while eating ... sometimes i wonder is it maybe the taste of the food or eating what also dunno... because look so engrossed... haha... [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

by the way rachel, for the see kai run shoes that you bought, is the sole of the shoe very hard compared to pediped ? or is it as flexible as pediped? i find pediped the soles quite flexible.

is see kai run shoes the width wider than pediped?

Back