(2010/08) August 2010 MTB

Cheekrene,

Yes lo. He's an owl. Sleep after midnight. Sometimes he sleeps at 10+pm but still will wake up 1 hr later as I dreamfeed him, he may or may not wake up. Then end up 1-2am then sleep. He's owl, I'm panda.

Hi gals, a few days din login.. My elder gal is in hospital now due to several days of fever and bad rashes all over her body.. She also got cracked, bleed n swollen lips hence doc said might be viral infection, scarlet fever or even Kawasaki disease when we see a 24hr clinic doc at Mt A. We thought we could wait till tue to see pd but the rashes juz grow too fast n we admit her to kkh on mon nite. Rashes becomes patches instead of red dots n purple-ish in e center.. When reach kkh, they suspect Stevens Johnson syndrome.. This morning doc suspect another type of bacterial infection hence on antibiotics.. Sigh.. I din realize that the doc only comes in to check the patients every morning nia!! Rest of the day is nurse monitoring... Coz of the swollen lips, she refuses to eat nor drink.. Most of the time need to trick her wif toys or ask nurse to feed.. Tiring.. Really hope she can get well soon..

Saw some of u interested in kindermusik..

I brot my elder gal to the trial when she is <20 mo..

Personally I think my gal likes it as it is about music n dancing.. Like what alibaba said, tiring for parents for some moments as she needs to lift them up, swing them according to music, hop n run around etc.. Also there will be instruments sound making.. Shakers, drum sticks, xylophone etc. Turn by turn or rotate playing them..

Thou my gal likes it, but I think not worth the $ for her age.. Lol.. after that she also dun remember what instruments she played.. But this is only my opinion la.. U gals can go try..

Can I check where did u gals bring ur bb for 9mo assessment? Pd or polyclinic? I brot my gal to pd for jabs but I dun think I would wanna bring my gal to pd juz for assessment.. Somemore I realize my pd din do any assessment (check boxes question) for my gal during her jabs.. None at all!

Cheekrene, sometimes my gal naps 3x, sometimes 2x. Depends on the duration of nap1 and nap2, if she wakes up before 4pm for nap2, she needs a short nap say 20-30mins at 7+pm.. Her bedtime is 9+-10pm if 2 naps else 11pm if 3 naps.. Usually wakes up ard 8+-9am.. She can tong for max 4-5hrs if wakes up ard 4+-5pm till 10pm...

mvh,

Last time my nephew kenna kawasaki and he has very nice red lips. But no rash.

Yah, kkh doctors only do their rounds in the morning. Rest of the day is the houseman, junior docs who is around. The thing i dun like is that they will tell you alot of things but nothing they are sure of. And they took super long for treatment as well.

I tot Mt A will help you page for pd to come back?

You take care and rest when you can. Hope your gal recovers soon.

Mvh

Ya kkh dr sucks.. Especially they have many MO, and can be very inexperienced till u feel like strangling them..

My 9 mths assessment is at polyclinic

Mvh,

i am bringing my girl to polyclinic for normal assessment! Previously my PD will do for me (1 time only), 2nd time was done by family doc when go for jab. 3rd time go PD, never do the assessment. I find it waste of $$ so i told hubby no need to waste $$ to go TMC. So he agreed and my devil's appt is on the week when i am on leave.

How is your girl now? Poor thing and hope she is fine! I heard lots of stories about the doc at kkh but everywhere you go, doc only go 1 round and mostly MO will do the checking!

My devil use to nap on 3rd time before bedtime but now she skip. She can be whiny before bedtime! Tiring!

MVH

I think all govt/restructured hospitals are like that. My mum was warded to TTSH for 1 month and I never see the doctor. They only came in to see her once at 7am each day. The rest of the day, the nurse always say the doc went home, on half day etc etc. My brother had to wait at the hospital from 6am just to talk to the doctor and later call me so that I speak to the doctor over the phone in the morning. Hope your girl recovers well. Did you buy any insurance for her?

I'm just wondering if we can get our own PD to the hospital to examine?

According to a friend of mine, he got the hospital (mt A) to call the pd to go see his son. Pd was from tmc. But course, it will be expensive but if you have insurance and the rider, everything is fully paid for.

MVH

I bring my boy to PD for assessment. The last 3 or 4 assessments are done together with the jabs. This time no more jab, but the PD assessment is quite good leh. Not sure if polyclinic does the same. He checks the eye movement, ears, body, head, neck, then also check the private part. On top of this, will follow the health booklet, check on reflexes and also will tick on the booklet too.

bakaholic

good to hear that. At least dont have to sit there whole day worrying. My guess is the PD fees will be $120+ excluding tests.

Please choose the date you preferred and Copy the list if you are interested.

Playdate: 16th May (Mon)

Venue: Peek-a-boo at Kallang Leisure Park

Time: 2pm

interested:

1) Glamgem

2) Dreamz

3) babybee (tbc)

4) cheekrene (Will be there at 12+ for lunch, anyone want to join me, do let me know)

5) ahNah

6) jasmine goh

7) Sunflower

8) mvh

9) rachel (tbc)

10) Joyce Ng

11) eeyore_03 (tbc)

12) duckling (tbc)

13) sheric

Playdate: 18 May (wed)

Time: 12noon

Interested:

1) cheekrene

2) starz

3) xuan

4) mvh

5) suika

6) dsqyvonne

7) rachel (tbc)

8) ah bee

Sleeping

My boy tends to sleep more nowadays. He will sleep at least twice in the day, one time 2 to 2.5 hours, another time around 1 hour. Then also take some catnaps of 20min to half hour every 3 hours in the day. At night will sleep before 9pm, wakes up at 6 or 7am. Yesterday, he slept at 10pm and today wakes up at 8am. His pattern always changes.

My boy also managed to pull himself to stand in the cot two days ago, I wonder if it is the gym that helps him haha...

On the average, he is drinking about 300-400ml of water every day with his straw cup. Maybe because the cup is NEW!

cheekrene,

Ok! 18 May still on!

Oh, who is your PD at TMC?

Re: check up

Thanks for the reply. Will bring my girl for routine check-up then. =) I usually bring her back to TMC for chk up, only jabs I go GP.

re: sleep

my girl has only been napping 30mins during day time (max 3 times a day) for many months liao. only recently she can nap 1hr for the 3pm nap. also headache cuz really no personal time!

Night time, she will sleep from 8-9pm++ till abt 7am. At least she sleep early so hubby and I got time to do our stuff.

mvh,

take care! hope your bb recover soon.

Class @ Kindermusik

Venue : Tanglin Mall

Date & Time : tbc

Interested :

1) bakaholic

2) rachel

3) dreamz

4) jasmine

5) fumiko

6) sweetkyra

7) starz

Mvh,

How is she now? Found out what's the cause? Saw that pic & it seems so so itchy & painful. Really hope she gets well soon. You rest well too.

MVH, hope your gal will get well soon.

So no changes to our JWT playdate this sat hor. I nvr login her for 5days liao. Don know if theres any changes like last time. I'm really looking forward to the play date this sat.

Rachel,

my girl's sleeping pattern always change too. when come to wake up time, she either wake up at 6am, 7am or latest at 8am.

starz,

i bring my girl to see Dr Ang Ai Tin. Normally go there for assessment since the day she had jaundice. as for jabs, i go GP. this time round, i decide to bring her to polyclinic instead. she still has not take pneumococal, intend to do it at 12mths. our girls share the same bedtime timing when sleeping, also wake up at same time.. haha!

cheekrene

i didn't know can delay the prevnar jab. I gave my boy two jabs each time, poor boy. The jab is quite painful leh. My boy didn't cry when he took the 6-in-1 but cried when PD gave him the prevnar jab.

mvh, oh hope the doc faster found out e real cause n give the correct med

I oso bringing my ger to a pd at Yis

I tink so far she is quite gd n will assess like wat Rachel pd do

But she charge fr $40 onwards which I tink is quite affordable

starz,

i think most babies see her.

rachel,

i heard its very painful. so i decide to give her 2 jabs after 1 year instead of 3 jabs before 1 year. my colleagues and my friend even advised me on the prevenar jabs and i also asked my GP about it.

Ic cheekrene, heard tat is beri painful, Ah boy took it and he got a bump on his thigh and take time to subside~ But so brave, he just cry few secs and stop liao.

mvh > hope your elder gal will get well soon....must be quite uncomfortable for her.

re 9mths check-up...saw many of the mummies bring bb for 9 mths check-up...after completing the jabs at 6mths, my PD say only need to bring bb back for jab when she is one yr old....no mention of having an assessment at 9mths ah....don know if i shld call clinic to check if there is a need to.

my boy took the 3rd pnenumoccocal jab in march when he was 7mths old, the last one will be taken when he turns 12mths old in aug.. so from last mth till now, need not go see gp unless he's sick [choy! haha..]

but im thinking whether shd i bring him to go his assessement checks anot leh.. mummies, is it necessary or better to do so?

pekkle,

mine also like that. 1 year old then go PD. but i see from health booklet, it state 6-10 months. so i decide to go polyclinic.

im opposite of u gals, actually im still considering if i shld drop him out of the assessment.. nothing much leh.. just check this check that.. haha, can bring check up when he is going for 1 yr old jab ma..

Please choose the date you preferred and Copy the list if you are interested.

Playdate: 16th May (Mon)

Time: 2pm

interested:

1) Glamgem

2) Dreamz

3) babybee (tbc)

4) cheekrene (Will be there at 12+ for lunch, anyone want to join me, do let me know)

5) ahNah

6) jasmine goh

7) Sunflower

8) mvh

9) rachel (tbc)

10) Joyce Ng

11) eeyore_03 (tbc)

12) duckling (tbc)

13) sheric

14)pekkle

Playdate: 18 May (wed)

Time: 12noon

Interested:

1) cheekrene

2) starz

3) xuan

4) mvh

5) suika

6) dsqyvonne

7) rachel (tbc)

8) ah bee

cheekrene

Last time I never do any research on vaccinations, so I just let him take all since I'm sending him to IFC. Also buy all his insurance first haha.. kiasu... Then now he stay at home kekeke..

rachel,

for your case, true la. if putting your boy at ifc, its better to take prevenar. mine will be in 18th months so can take later.

My gal's pd did schedule us to go back for 9 mth growth assessment, so I will be bringing her back to pd when she turns 9 month. Long time nvr take her height already, wonder how much she has grown.

Angel

i bought hospitalisation plus rider, personal accident which covers children critical illness such as kawasaki disease and also one life policy.

rachel & sweetkyra,

roughly how much you pay for the hospitalisation insurance?

i have not compare the coverage between the different insurance company..

Angel

I only paid the rider for hospitalisation as both me and hubby on Aviva Myshield so our child gets free. The rider that covers deductible is about <$150 per year, co-insurance very cheap, less than $50 per year. I think if you have to buy the plan for your baby, one year will be less than $300. The main plan can use CPF medisave, riders have to pay cash.

I put in pork stock into porridge. No real meat cos i am not sure if he can chew. Also, sometimes, minced meat from supermarket got bone bits.

Hi gals.. Thanks for yr well wishes for my gal..

Doc suspects erythema multiforme with features of steven johnson's syndrome. I read the Internet that this can be life-threatening.. Thank God we seek medical help quick.

Well.. As this sickness needs biopsy to confirm, I din see any test done except for a throat swab test yesterday.. Really dunno what they r doing.. For e past 2 days I accompany my gal fr 10am-3pm.. Din see any doc, nurse only come in n check temp n ask me how is her feeding n toilet activities.. That's all! Din check her lips nor her rashes.. Like tat might as well go home n we check temp ourselves.. So tomolo we intend to ask for discharge n then maybe go see her pd for 2nd opinion.. Btw, Haitang's bb also in e same ward as my gal..

Jascmy, the JWT trial is still on.. So pls go n enjoy yrself!

These 2 weeks I started giving minced meat.. But I buy lean meat and chop finely myself.. I don't buy minced pork becos usually they don't wash before mincing.. So I rather wash the meat and minced myself.. Even they got teeth, they can't chew also.. usually they just swallow the porridge. Anyway once baby starts to self feed with snacks, they shld be able to eat chunkier food.. So far ok for me

Mvh

Aiyo... Hope everything is ok for her.. Now the rashes subsided? This kind is related to food or environment? What happen to Angeline? Saw ur fb that both of them not with u..

Back