(2010/02) February 2010 mtb

Good morning mommies, such a cool morning to sleep in. :/

Bryest, I think if most of us can, we would too like to around our babies. But I feel perhaps you need to let Estovan learn to be independent. For me, initially it was difficult leaving Jared in the IFC, I'm scare I'll be missing his milestones while I'm off at work. But I see Jared enjoying school, picking up social skills and how good the teachers were. I know he's in good hands. We should return life to normalcy with work etc. Life goes on and there are so many 6 months in Estovan's life. Being a working mommy is tough and it's a sense of achievement when you can juggle both. Having said that, it's entirely up to you. No offense yah?

Lovie : The TCM did tui na for me... it was painful... but after that i feel better. But i guess in order to recover i have to carry my girl less???...

bryest : I grew up w/o mum... no presence of mum but my bro n I still grew up fine. I've frds whose parents are both working and they too grew up fine. It really boild dwn to the time spend and talking with them and also character building. U r right that they will only be babies once. But then I dun miss any of Cherosh milestone so far. I still see her sitting on her own... her 1st tooth..her 1st verse "mum mum"...and I've got constant update from my babysitter abt what she has achieve etc. I know its hard for u to tear away from Estovan now after having spend so much time with him. Thats what me and some mummies were complaining abt thru this forum when we 1st hv to go bk to work... but personally, as much as I 'bu she de" at 1st now everything is working out fine. Like I've mention earlier, I now appreciate her more and also appreciate the time spend with her more. But like what Jmi mentioned I think its abt time you let Estovan be independent. The longer u drag the longer it will take for him to master the art of independency... thats my opinion... no offense taken pls...

Christine : Yes. I take going to work as "a break from my gal"... hahaha my hb also ... cos at nite she always wants daddy to play with her... so daddy also take going to work as "as break from his baby girl"..

Christine : Cherish is 25 weeks old now... but officially 6 months old on 27 Jul la... see how u calculate. I've now increase 3 bootles of FM into her diet now... still trying to wean her off my BM... i guess i still need to go on for another mth or 2???? haiz... what abt yrself???

Christine/Happiness, as much as BF is tiring (the night pumping part), I find it's so convenient when feeding in the middle of the night or when you're out. No need to get out of bed to make milk or lug bottles out. :p

After falling sick last week, Jared suddenly dislike frozen EBM. He's ok with chilled EBM. So I'm gonna have to throw away 30over packs of frozen EBM in my freezer. :/

I think I'll prolly be the last person here to stop BF since Jared is a end Feb baby.

Happiness/jmi,

I was talking to hubby about letting estovan be more independent. And I realise if I leave him with my mum, he'll be even less independent cos my mum super protective. I let estovan play by himself even when I'm at home. But my mum say I need to be next to him round the clock. I'm actually very tempted to send him to IFC.

Honestly, if I have no choice but got to work, i'll just have to leave him with my mum. I'm sure he'll adapt sooner or later. The fact is we can survive if I don't work but just can't spend unnecessarily. So I'm now weighing the pros and cons whether I should work or stop work for another few mths. My mum and bro feels that I should spend more time with estovan.

Happi: same lor. taking work as a break.. haha.. ytd was sick, having headache. think due to not enuff slp plus weather not good.. Take MC like nv take MC like tat... she see mi, then wanna play with mi, dun wanna slp... end up, i also cannot rest...

my ger turning 6 mths officially this mth end. So i will be completing my bf journey this mth end lor. Very looking 4ward.. My last pump day is 30th July. She will still ve supply for abt 2 weeks after i stop.

still ve 1 - 2 mths for u ar? How is she adapting to the FM?

Jmi: ya, i agree! very convenient coz no need to wash bottles n the parts.. hahaha..

ouch! 30 over packs ar? sigh, tat time when i was having inflammation, i also had to throw away abt that number of packs. very heartpain lor... sigh..

Bryest: erm, actually i prefer to send my child to IFC. But since my mom is not those super protective type, therefore i leave my ger to my mom. I think i'm more protective as compared to my mom.. haha

Morning mummies,

I am selling off this pink top. My girl wear it few times only and still in good condition. Going off at $5. For age 1 and above. I bought it at $22.90. Any takers? Please PM me hor.. heehee.. I have another pc from Ralphn Lauren. Will take the pic and show here.

[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/2495852/4266128.jpg]

Happiness/jmi,

One of the reasons which made me having second thoughts about starting work is my ex-colleague who wi be in the same team as me in my new job told me they need to stayback late till at least 8pm to 9pm everyday. I always thought latest is 7pm so still not so bad.

I'm also considering whether I should take up part time jobs like insurance or property agents cos I like being in the sales line. Estovan actually quite independent except the fact that he refuse to take bottles. He plays on his own and entertain himself. I always feel that we shouldn't be constantly around them. Must let them know there are times when they will be alone.

Gyan: My gal used to sleep with me and my hubby. The 3 of us slept horizontally across the bed. Haha,unusual way. My gal slept all the way in,her side of the bed was against the wall. That means my gal is between the wall and me. Logically speaking,she could never fall off the bed. However,she likes to wriggle a lot and roll over when she feels hungry while asleep. Every night,she will "kick" me awake when she rolls over to my side. That night,i placed a bolster between her and me,so that she won't be able to roll over to my side. I guess that was a bad decision,coz since she couldn't roll over to my side,she rolled over forwards. As in,her head kept pushing forward. She must have pushed herself forwards too much that night that she fell.

Now,she sleeps in her playpen. It's really amusing to see her move all over the place in her playpen. She's like a worm,wriggling about everywhere.

Cloh,

I won't be total breastfeeding estovan even if I intend not to work. I'm introducing fm to him and feeding him via cup. As he grows older, it's tougher to wean him off breastfeed. I will most probably just latch him for his night feeds till maximum 1yr if I'm not working. I'm training him to use the magmag training cup now.

Jmi,

Estovan also don't want to drink fbm. I threw away more than 50packs so far. He's ok with chilled ebm. Recently I started to freeze again cos I'm using them to mix with cereals and he's fine with it. Guess the cereal taste covers the metallic fbm smell.

yew yew: haha... my ger also like to wriggle like a worm.. and like urs, if hungry, she will wriggle and then start kicking... most of the time, it's daddy who kana her powerful kicks! haha.. :p

when she slp, we placed her vertically with us. In the midst, after her powerful kick, daddy will wake mummy up to make milk milk for her.. and we will always see her ended up slping horizontally.. wahaha..

What's the difference between chilled and frozen EBM? I'm curious.

Anyway,so envious of u mummies who are still breastfeeding. So much supply! I have a friend whose totally breastfed baby is also born in Feb and her baby is so much bigger in size than my gal! My gal is about 2 wks older but she's smaller. Are ur breastfed babies big in size as well? It's quite funny coz i thought people say that babies who drink Formula milk are bigger and fatter.

I shall FORCE my 2nd child to drink BM all the way.....I shall really really persevere next year. Hope my supply will be more next year.

Yew yew,

Frozen ebm is stored in the freezer and can still be used within 3mths. Chilled ebm is stored in the fridge other than freezer and needs to be used within 48hrs. I have tried both and I nearly vomitted after tasting the frozen ebm due to the metallic smell cos of the breakdown in calcium in our bm. I read somewhere that boiling the ebm before freezing will not have the metallic smell but I don't have the time and patience to boil, then freeze so I rather chill the ebm.

Most of the babies on fm are bigger in size than my boy who is on total breastfeed. He is only 7.8kg and 70cm tall at 5mths 3weeks.

apple,my gal weighs about 6.8kg now,at 5.5 months. She can still wear M size diapers...got a long long way to go before she switches to using L size but my friend's gal cannot wear M size anymore.

Christine, I'm beyond heartpain liaoz. I'm so numb after my spilling incident. The good thing about it is I don't need to keep remembering to defrost the frozen EBM in the fridge for Jared's school.

Bryest, I don't think I'm gonna doing this freezing thing already. I can always use either the chilled EBM or FM to mix with avocado or cereal.

Happiness

Tui Na? How many sessions u went?

U went where for tui na?

Hard to stop carrying lah.

Seeing the cute face of Cherish, can u stop urself from hugging and kissing her?

Hahahahahaah

Bryest

U juz gotta ask urself, how much u wanna be wif Estovan during this 1st year of his life.. ;p

Mambobb

Hahahaha.. U "shun bian" show off ur girl eh..

I juz finish feeding my boy and he spilled out alot of milk! At least 20ml! The milk juz gush out of his throat -.-". He keeps on wriggling and turning his head ard when am feeding him milk. Hate to feed him milk nowadays coz he can't lie still, drinking! Argh!!!

Lovie,

Estovan also likes to wriggle around like a worm when I latch him. He vomitted out all his cereals last evening cos he keeps wriggling and turning around.

Jmi: Remember you told me that Jared loves avocado? I also went to buy avocados after the swim, with the intention of making puree with it. Then i read in the first food book that it is high in unsaturated (good) fats. And i took a look at Kyden and decided that mummy shall eat the avocados on his behalf instead. hahaha...

Bryest

Whoa! To think we share the same plight!

Very frustrating, right? Heiz..

He couldn't stop moving and worse, he dun wanna finish his milk!

I think it's gotta do wif him starting on cereals lor..

Freesia, haha you're so funny.

Avocado makes a great first food for baby due to its texture and creaminess as well as its high nutrient content. And is a wonderful "good fat" food for baby's brain and physical development, so you mommies can try an avocado as baby's first food instead of refined cereals.

Lovie :

How do u position Kiefer when feeding him cereals ???

For me, we make it a point to Jolie tat when she's place on the hi-chair, it's eating time.. So she's usually very excited when sitting in the hi-chair and can't wait for us to feed her the cereals..

Sometimes she also dun wanna finish her milk, use her hands to push the bottle away or keep turing her head everywhere or start playing wif the teat using her gums.. So usually I will pop in & out the bottle a few time to confirm tat she reali dun wan, den will take away the bottle, ask her if she reali dun wan to drink liao, den I bring the bottle to kitchen to wash. Indirectly I'm tryin to train her not to play / figid ard when milk time.. and if she does, den result will be no more milk to drink..

=P

Yew yew: Hope ur gal's fine now.. When my boy sleeps in his cot at night, he can somehow twist n turn so much that we're always surprised to find him in a weird position in the morning.. So must be very careful.. n there was 1 day quite funny cos we would put 2 bolsters parallel to his body on the left side then in the morning, both bolsters were found on the right side n parallel to his body. Dunno how he did that also.. very strange..cos he sleeps on his tummy..

Bryest: It's a tough decision u have to make.. if ur finances allow, stay at home n be with Estovan til he's 1 yr old.. but as u stay home with him, gotta expose him to different people n sometimes let others take care of him for a while.. I'm sure even if u stay home n take care of him, can still train him to be independent.. It's a matter of how u do that.. but bear in mind between 8-12 mths, they experience separation anxiety the most.. so if u wanna return to work, til to avoid doing it during those months.. Btw, how's ur mastitis?? Better now?

Happiness, other mummies who r still bf-ing: Even if one day stop pumping at work, still can latch at night as long as u can.. Jia you! I plan to only stop when my boy refuses to latch.. n i suspect my boy has cow's milk allergy so all the more i'll feed him bm as long as it's possible..

whoofy: for avacado puree, u've to choose ripe avocados, soft.. cut into chunks, put in a blender, put in some milk n blend.. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] Simple way to do it.. Don't need to cook..

Lovie: U wanna start giving milk using a sippy/training cup?? Can drink in a more upright position?? Maybe Kiefer doesn't wanna lie down n drink his milk.. or he has gas in his tummy n is feeling uncomfy hence the wriggling..

Whoofy, just mash the avocado. Add a few tsp of milk if you like it a bit wet. I feed Jared about half a fruit each time.

I mash without using the blender, the riped fruit is very soft so I just mash with a spoon/fork.

Lovie : The tui na is paid every session u go. I went to a shop in Chinatown. I did went to Eu Yan Sang once but too ex.. can you imagine its $50 plus every session. So I went to Chinatown a chinese sinseh shop... Usually start off with a "heating therapy"... put ointment and "sun" under a heating m/c. Then follow by some massage and pressure applying... the massage cos includes pressure can be quite painful ... but after that feel quite shiok...

bryest : have u signed the employment letter? if already sign will there be a penalty should u not join? If so far being SAHM is ok for u and u are exploring this option then you should seriously give it a good thought over... for me personally, I still want to go out and work... cos then i can have my own $$ ..hahaha... i super $$ face wan...but then on a serious note, its also bcos I cannot be a SAHM. I simply do not have the patient and all... but if the new firm u r joining have to work late then maybe you should speak to yr boss again? Or maybe u can try out 1st and if really need to work late then u explore other options again???

For me like in this shitty firm now i need to work late during mth end closing. On those days i have my hb pick up Cherish or will tell my nanny I will pick her late.. will I do feel guilty but i always tell her "mummy's working hard so that can buy u nice nice stuff"... ahahahaha self consoling... give it a good thought over again b4 u jump into any options...u can treat work as a break from being mum... then maybe u will feel better going back to work??

Tam : Cherish dun wan to latch since she is fed thru bottle at nanny's. But she still wans mumy's milk. FM she will make a face. But so far i have intro 3 feeds of FM into her diet everyday. I am too tired from all the pumping thingy... And in my course of work time to pump is "luxury". I do not want to force her to latch anymore cos I wan to wean her off BM too...but from what i see now, it may take another moth or two to wean her off... thou my mark is 6 mths... [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

Tam : Y u suspect yr boy got cow's milk allergy? Last time Cherish was admitted also bcos the PD at Mt Alvernia suspect her of having cow's milk allergy. Cos she vommited her FM... later we realise it cos she is not suitable for that brand. Now on similac she is ok...

hi mummies!

lovie,

u mean feeding her milk? i lie her down wif a cushion tilting her n feed... if porridge or cereal, den its high chair...

juz fed my gal (took childcare leave today) n damn pissed wif my gal n hb... more of hb thou... argh!!

Whoofy, yes it's very easy and it smells very good too! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

bbin: what happen? wanna share?

happi: jia you! u ve come so far le, jus another 30 more days... tat's what i tell myself.. so tempting to stop bf ytd coz really super not enuff slp!

perhaps i shd try avocado oso... but i dono hw to choose lei...

christine,

coz here i am trying to make my gal finish her milk, n there he is, kept saying 'aiya 算了啦'... damn angry wif her playing wif her teat liao n den he's not helping @ all...

wah, mummies 'ostracise' those who don use iphone ah.... [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

jmi,

only those who hven rsvp hv to reply to ur mail rite?

apple,

she nw could finish her milk (after mayb trying for 2 times per milk session) but dono y tis recent feed she simply refuse...

When you select avocados, you should make sure they are firm and slightly soft, with no cracks and sunken spots (they tend to oxidize, become dark, and possibly spoil the oil, and at the very least they alter its taste making it bitter).

Avocados can be ripened at home, it'll take a few days, at room temperature, and you can check the process since their skin turns darker as they ripen.

Don't refrigerate them before they are ripe, since cold temperatures stop the ripening process. Once ripe, avocados can be stored in the refrigerator (they keep for longer when whole, so don't slice them if you don't have to, this prevents their flesh from turning brown), where they'll keep for a week.

If you have already sliced it, a good trick consists of sprinkling lemon juice on the exposed parts of the flesh, to reduce oxidation, and then storing the remainder of the avocado in the refrigerator, wrapped in plastic wrap or inside a plastic bag.

Hope the info helps [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Back