(2010/02) February 2010 mtb

kath,

ya, i was oso saying luckily not in confinement... tat time when hving confinement its oredi a torture... den again, i oso everyday like gg crazy... bb not drinking n sleeping well, den i perspire like hell... makes me really short tempered...

i agree tat the lousy feeding pattern can be contributed to her not feeling well tat time... but in fact, tis pattern occured B4 she fell sick... guess wat we had done to make her continue her milk drinking? we had tried feeding her in her sarong! nw i even put her in the cot, wind the hanging mobile n stuff the bottle into her mouth while she watch the mobile... really terrible... damn bad habit i find... i really hope tis will not be here to stay!!

lovie,

we oso tot its the weather... but even yesterday when we fed her in a shopping mall, wif aircon, she still didn wanto finish her milk!

bbin

There's nth we can do except to hav patience. Sometimes bb will have funny gestures out of nowhere and tat we really gotta be patient and wait for it to wear off. Heiz!

hahahahahahha....bbin...relax ok.... they r still little...give them time to adjust to your style... [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Must be patience to them....

Bryest, Lovie: I'm ok with Wed [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Good Morning, Mommies...

lolz... Lovie, u missing me ah...

this morning after I bathe Alfonse, went out to collect my Naraya bags den go shopping at Suntec & Marina Sq...

I rch home at night still got so much chores to do!!! now den got time to login leh... anyway, i'm ok with Wed too (w/o Alfonse!!!)

Dear Mummies,

Just a word of caution. Please do not leave babies unattended on the bed... Especially on masterbed.

Cherish fell off our masterbed on Sat afternnon. She was sleeping and I check on her mins earlier. She was ok... edges was surrounded off by pillows and cushion. I thought since its 10 mins b4 her milk feed i will just go make her milk 1st b4 waking her up. Less than 2 mins later I heard wailing ... open the door and no baby on bed... i panick and found her on the floor crying.... Upon checking, except for some redness on her tummy area n side of her head she seems otherwise fine....

We brought her to KKH for a checkup. N the docs told us to monitor her for the next 72 hours... so far she is doing good. I take it as a "warning" and now nvr leave her pn my bed unattended. I also thank God that HE send angels to cushion off Cherish fall.... so mummies take my experience as a lesson... I knw I will not be lucky the 2nd time (choi, no 2nd time)... and I am not taking any chances now...

Happiness,

hope cherish is feeling alright now. My mum will always nag at me not to leave baby alone on the bed, especially when they know how to flip.

happiness...oh no!! be careful next time...my #1 fell off the bed due to our negligent also, he started to vomit after 24hrs, we quickly admitted him to KK, stayed over for 1 day for observation...sigh...

Happiness...

Oh dear.. Must reali be heart pain for u... My nephew also fell frm the bed when he was few mths old.. Not once, but twice ! Somehow puttin cushions & pillows dun reali help much.. In the end, we went to buy he bed rail for my sis ...

Tis morning jus bring Jolie over to nanny place.. Suddenly feel the house so quiet and empty.

Was at nanny place for abt 2hrs to monitor how's he reaction.. So far she looks happy & comfy.. Was cooing & smiling when nanny talk to her. She also let nanny carry & fed her milk without getting cranky..

So hope tis will carry on like tis ..

Happiness: Glad that Cherish is ok. Sometimes I will leave Xavier on the bed while I put the laundry in the machine to wash, etc. Same as you, I will put pillows around him.

Will take note now. Maybe I will put him on his swing and buckle him.

Thanks mummies... Cherish is ok so far... touch wood.

Bryest : listen to yr mum... nvr leave Estovan unattended on the bed. They are damn fast...

Gyan : Yes she knows how to turn front n back alr. N she somehow can use her legs to push herself forward.. so i guess thats how she fell off... Its my fault too... This mummy is no good... when i see her "veer off her course" i shld hv put her bk into position. But i thought i go make milk 1st. Turn my back less then a min i hear wailing alr....

Peng : no more next time le... I've learnt my lesson... oh dear yr #1 vomit... must be terribly distressing for u... Cherish is ok so far... so I thank God for sending Angels to cushion her fall...

Whoofy : heartpain and felt so guilty.

Oh, Jolie likes nanny... Its a good thing... No worries...

bel : learn from my lesson ... dun leave bb unattended... especially now when they are learning to flip n kick... u will nvr know... i also put pillows around her, somehow she still "pass thru" the pillows and fell off... best is to put bb on di lam on the floor or bb cot...

Happiness....one more accident even more distress!! he swallowed a small round flat battery!! panick manz rush him to a&e...xrayed him and saw a battery inside his body!! have to search for the battery each time he poo, lucky after 1 day of worrying that thing is out loz....so every mum keep in mind of small articles when ur kiddo is learning to crawl or walk!!

whoofy....another episode he super terror one,when he was 2.5yo he scald his hands very bad, he hand itchy went press the thermal flask, and i just top up the flask not long ago so the water very hot!!

Gyan: I let you know if my hb free to drive me out to ur hse and get from you..

Happiness: OMG.. You must be shocked and heartpain.. Hope cherish is fine now. My MIL always remind me to see my gal not to leave alone since she is week 4. She is worry that my gal may flip.. Right now, my gal wanna flip but then not yet success yet..

Peng...lucky you..... boy was not scalded badly. My fren's daughter also got scalded by Hot water... her body was badly burned...

just watch where the kid goin .....dont ever think that things dont happen.....

Happiness: Ya it will be good to put him in a cot but I do not have enough space in my room. His cot is at my parents' place. He sleeps in it when he is there during the day. If I put him on mattress, then there is no walking space. Think I can only tell hb that we got to make sure that either one of us is with Xavier if he is on the bed.

Hi Mummies,

I'm from Nov 10 thread, and would like to start searching for confinement lady. If your CL was good and is willing to come to west area, could you PM or email me her contacts please?

My email address is [email protected].

Many thanks! :D

happi: hope cherish is ok! today just saw Kate flip to her sides, got to be careful now too.

Now sure if its the hot weather, kate has been in super bad mood. when she cry...she simply cry so hard, like inconsolably like that. only i can calm her down. Going back to work soon and i hope she wont be like this...haiz

apple : hey, u stay at Eunos ah... my ofc is near Paya Lebar MRT leh... maybe i can pass to u during lunch time... u have not started work yet right

Mini

I guess for now, we are the only ones(main caregiver) tat can pacify our lil one when they are in distressed! Even if we carry them and they still cry, they wont cry as much as when others carrying them! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] It's a precious bond, right?

Bbin: Glad to hear that you feeling better, take care lor, drink more water.

Gyan: Ya, i stay in eunos, i will start work on 7th June. You let me know when u wanna meet, i can take from you.

Qns ....

Mommies, do ur LO armpit has any redness ?? Nanny today told me tat she Jolie's armpit was pretty red, maybe due to the hot weather..

All these while I din reali notice cos I din reali lift her hand up

and check the folds.. Jus now when we brought her home, I finally check it myself and indeed it's pretty red..

How ah ? Anything to apply to reduce the redness ?

Is it true that formula fed babies tend to be more chubby and have higher risk of being overweight? A lot of ppl comment that my baby looks over sized le. Getting a bit worried.

whoofy : it's not only the armpit area... but at the folds including neck and thighs... i din noe what to apply but will frequently powder bb bcos recently very hot... if not i'll put him in aircon room.

wyshania : I dun think so bcos i saw plenty of babies who are breastfed and they are damn chubby...

Gyan...

So far I only take note of the folds on Jolie's neck as she used to hav heat rash there.. So me always apply hazeline cream on her face & neck area.. folds frm arms & legs also wif hazeline cream.. But not sure if I shld apply armpit area too though... Maybe like u say, put some powder hor...

Wshanyia,how heavy is ur bb??my bf bb also like over sized,it depends on birth weight etc,my bb is 7.7kg at 3mths but not overweight,he reach the 97th percentile.

Back