(2010/02) February 2010 mtb

I just did sth really strange. Pump milk & change pampers at the same time.. Sounds so unhygenic right? Somemore he peed at me. Just that missed the pump, targeted my legs..

i'm oso pumping nw, hoping tat tis pump would yield more than my usual pump... tat time during confinement, my 1st pump of the day (wifout latching bb) wld yield 60ml... but after abt 5mins of pumping, i don tink i'll get tat result again... really tink shd i juz give up... @ least i'll get better sleep...

my gal juz had her milk.. after close to 8hrs of sleep (thou its not sound sleep thruout)... hb say she's still too small to go wifout milk for 8hrs... shd wake her up for feed next time wen it hits 4hrs??

Bryest :

I stay in street 65, near to Jurong West Sec Sch..

Did ask my hubby whether wanna buy the Fitti pampers, but he scare cannot finish since we r planning to pass baby over to babysitter mid April n my girl is on cloth diapers.

But reali thks for asking.. Appreciate it !

Bbin, don't give up!! Maybe u shd try latching e bb on coz one of my fren said by pure pumping, e milk ss won't increase. Will stay constant then decrease. She said best way to incrs ss in e first 2 months is to have bb latch on as much as possible. Also, pumping don't remove milk as efficient as bb.

bbin: i agree with joy. shld let ur ger latch on as much as possible.. my ger dun wanna latch, so i ve no choice but to pump out.. hmmm.. everytime after u latch then u pump milk huh?

Funny thing is.. If I latch him, it'll only last an hr before he'll ask for milk.. Then I don't know if he managed to get enough out.

Anyway he just vomitted his milk again.. After I burped him.. Shld I take him to see the pd?

whoofy

do you experience let down when you pump?

If you are using a single pump or handsfree pump, can try massage your breast with one hand to stimulate let down. Once there is let down, the milk flow will be faster.

JIA YOU!

Dun be too stressed thou.

Stress also affect supply.

whoofy

sometimes after my 1st let down, and i have almost emptied my breasts, i still massage. At times, there will be a 2nd let down, which results in ard 10ml or so.

fii0nn

yeah, i experience occasional leakages from avent bottles too.

Not very frequent, but the leak usually go away after we unscrew then screw back the bottle.

i did try to latch as much as possible but realised tat tis way really disrupted the amt i shd give fm to her... coz really dono hw much bm she managed to suck... i don hv the time to pump after she suck... hw come i was pumping juz nw was juz to find out if my ss had increase for the 1st pump (i had stopped pumping 1st ting in the morning) but the result still the same... plus my gal only latch on for more than 10mins in the morning... during the rest of the day, if i'm lucky, she'll latch if not she'll juz cry violently n refuse to latch on...

actually, wats let down? means milk starts to flow out?

so i'm not lucky today... she juz rejected latching... cant depend on her nor pump... so no hope in increasing ss liao lor...

bbin

after pumping for a few seconds, you will experience a tingling sensation at the side of your breasts, then alot of milk will come sprouting out of the ducts. this is called let down.

my bb also dun like to latch. I only managed to latch him for the nitefeeds, and he still reject my left breast. However i do pump regularly. So far pumping does help to incr my ss, and i have been able to meet bb's demand.

So dun lose heart yet.

whoofyJO : yeah .. my mother dun let me eat overnite food esp rice. For rice hor, dun eat when cold also, have to be warm rice.

bbin2010 :a letdown is a a suddenly flow of milk. Happens when you pump your milk. If you want ti increase your supply. You have to fully empty your breast during the first pump. then your body will naturally "increase" the milk for the next pump.

Actually, i dn think it's true for all that latching increase supply leh.. My gal last time, the more she latch, the less milk i have. Cos' i think she suckle too gently liao. :p luckily, i have my pump else I wont be able to bf her until 9 mths. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

yvonne : Here's the pkg for Raffles Hospital. I'e took the 6-in-1 for my gal because there are less jabs and cheaper.. but for my boy, 5-in-1. Dr will assess the growth of the baby during each jab. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] e.g. wgt /hght /milestones

5-in-1 pkg ($470 w.o GST)

o 1st Month –Hepatitis B

o 3rd Month –5 in 1*

o 4th Month –5 in 1*

o 6th Month –6 in 1**

6-in-1 pkg ($420 w.o GST)

o 2nd Month –6 in 1**

o 4th Month –5 in 1*

o 6th Month –6 in 1**

wyshania: when ur baby is scared, what reactions? cry non-stop until voice almost hoarsed?

yikai: same here... but it is most of the time?

constance: oh.. thx for explanining the term 'let down'. At least ur bb still latch to ur right breast... My ger rejected my right, and bite on my left. *ouch* so end up.. need to pump...

bbin: during my first 2 weeks, when i pump, my ger also always wake up.. then i jus let her slowly get used to the sound lor...

jgal: oh! during my ger's 2nd checkup at my PD's clinic, i met a mom in the nursing room. She was telling mi, all these demand = supply thingy is nonsense. She latches her boy for 6 weeks and the milk din increase lor...

End up, when she brought her boy for PD to assess, the PD told her that she needs to sub with FM coz her boy's weight drops.

He will get startled and wakes up then start to cry. Will only stop if someone cuddle him to sleep.

Is this the right symptom?

wyshania: oh... he dun feel secure... my ger also like tat.. but she slps either with my hb n i or my parents... hence, my mum/mi will normally try to keep her close to us so tat she will feel more secure...

peng: my mum also got buy 'jin feng shan' for my ger. and yes, it also helps to calm her down... =) wyshania, maybe u wanna try?

constance,

if tats let down, my let down only awhile den followed by drop by drop... i using freestyle, so i pressed the letdown button as soon as i see got milk seeping out (not let down)... too early to press tat?? i juz wanto shorten the pumping time...

christine,

its not the sound of pump tat wakes my gal up.. she simply don sleep very long... n wen i expect her to wake up any moment so didn pump, she slept longer than usual... always makes me end up nvr pump...

jgal,

i oso wonder hw 'efficient' my gal can empty my breast by latching... i can still squeeze little milk after she unlatch...

bbin: oh! wah! same leh! when we expect her to slp longer so tat we can do some hsechores, she wakes up unexpectedly... so now, we dare not predict.. afer her feed n burp, will try to pat her to slp.. and then i carry her with one hand, while the other hand prepares the pumping set and the hot water for the hot pack, then when she slps soundly, i imm carry her to my bed and i start pumping le...

like running with time like tat...

jmi,

yes nid rsvp or else hw u noe hw much to cater for?

christine,

sometin i don like abt freestyle is too many parts to assemble... such hassle to wash after tat too... but of coz, i'm not being fair to freestyle coz i've not used other pumps b4... so wif so many parts, i cant 'operate' wif one hand...

Where to get the jing feng san? Is it bitter and safe for babies to consume?

Will they outgrow this 'scary' stage? My Baby is 3+ weeks..

bbin: Thanks, I want an RSVP but was wondering if it was rude :p

Pumps: I've a Medela Mini Electric Dual. Pumped once and it was so painful! I bought an Avent Manual Pump and used it for the first time this morning. It's a breeze using it! No pain at all and easy to use!!! Now I'm considering selling away the Medela!

Jmi :

I send my invitation via SMS and request RSVP .. May u can jus say 'RSVP appreciate so tat we knoe how much food to cater.'

However closer to the date, we still call / SMS those who din reply to confirm again.

Constance :

Thks for the encouragement.. Also not too sure if it's stress.. Jus feel damn 'low' whenever I pump and see the result so terok lorz.. Hav try to massage too.. There's a few times my hubby massage for me for half and hr till it's red n itchy cos if the blood circulation !!!!

I'll still keep tryin.. Will give my girl watever I hav lor..

whoofy: Thanks, I've just broadcast the sms out, I've also created an 'event' in FB. Besides knowing headcount for food, I also need to rent tables, chairs and fans cos I've holding the party at the precinct pavilion below my block. Hopefully it doesn't cost alot to rent these items.

bbin: thinking of catering from Eatz Catering. Don't really like Neo Garden's selection. Im gonna ring up the tentage supplier my office uses for tables, chairs & fans on Mon.

bbin : when yr gal fusses, does she suck on her mittens? if sucking then probably not fed enuf. My gal used to do that. after feed still fuss n cry. Then notice she still sucking mittens so increase her milk intake. Then she sleeps. Or if fed well, try carrying baby chest to yr chest, wif her head resting on yr shoulder n try to burp her. Sometimes could be wind in tummy.

Whenever I use my freestyle I notice water droplets getting sucked from the bottle through the tube to the pump.. How come ah.. Will it spoil the pump?

bbin : try not to let bb go w/o milk for more than 4 hours, as advise by my PD. So usually during day time, i will wake my gal up for her feed if she sleeps exceed 4 hours after her last feed. for nite feed i let her wake me instead.

happiness,

no she wasn sucking on her mitten... when i/hb carry her, she may 'stone' for a moment... den next min cry... yesterday, both of us kept changing hands... den maybe she was really tired, put in sarong n she fell asleep... ya, i tink its the wind... actually had fed her wif PD's colic drop water for the past week only stop yesterday... later gg ntuc buy fei chai water n try... usually if she late for feed, its usually during the nite... 10+pm fed her den she fussed till like 12+am den slept till like 5+am den wakes up for milk... tats y wonder if shd wake her up in the nite for milk...

Happiness...but my gal hor if she sleepy she lazy to suck leh, takes donkey times to finish the btl of milk, so i let her sleep till she hungry.

yikai,

the water shd be from the part where the tube connects... as long as ter's no water gg into the pump itself, shd be ok...

if any of u wanna buy old navy or baby gap.. we buy together like last time mambob did for us..can share on delivery and all..

yes, i have to war breast pad..else very embarassing with two patch wet in front..i haven offer pacifier to my bb .. am trying to resist it.. but see him like wanna suck so often.. dunno is hungry or want to suck only..

Back