(2010/02) February 2010 mtb

wyshania,

yesterday news got one guy (forgot wat country) used bm make cheese n sell... kana warning from the country's MOH...

Bbin,

Dun gv up on BF laa... think it's good for your baby then you will hv motivation already [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Jia You...

Bbin, Bryest,

My baby suppose to due on 10 feb but out on 30 Jan.

I'm staying in west. maybe nxt time we can arrange play day... [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Are you all working mummy?

Vinwee, i checked out Neo garden, the price not cheap hor.. and mostly 30 pax.. im not sure if i want to invite so many people..katong catering have website>?

kath: i agree. fish and papaya soup helps to produce more milk, i drink that since i came back from hospital. but this week only drink once, as my mum never cook, maybe should drink more.

another hing, did u all have leakge of mik 9on ur shirt) often ? mine happen averagely one hour tiem after the last feed, really sian

Serene,

Munckin got nursing cover also. Baby will not sweat a lot coz is half cover.

I heard chicken essence can build up milk supply, u might want to try. My friend drink once a day. she got lot of supply also. If you pump more often, the supply will increase also.

As for me, I boil "sheng yu" bone with papaya. I can pump like at least 300 or more x 5 times per day as I hv no space and to store my milk. So onl restrict to pump the most 4 or 5 times. Try to eat fish and drink more water. How old is your baby now? I heard the milk supply will increase by 2nd mth?

Lovie : No need to salute me for bringing bb out alone. When u r alone with bb u will just be "garang" n bring bb out too... heee....

Yikai & Fiionn : i'm meeting Christine @ Orchard to pass her a tin of FM. After that i will go taka bb fair.

Christine : u joing me at the bb fair or u nid to leave?

labbit : when my gal was just born,her jaundice also peak at 6 days old. The pd ask me to cut dwn ginger cos ginger causes bb to hv jaundice. but u can con't to breastfeed bb. the reason y some docs ask to stop bf is bcos they wan to be sure the jaundice is "breastmilk jaundice". breastmilk jaundice usually take longer to clear than normal jaundice. just be careful of yr food intake n make sure bb hv enuf bm. My gal's is breastmilk jaundice. took her a few weeks to clear. just dun stop bf'ing if u hv the supply.

Kath: my bb full month next weekend (Sunday), he was born on 19th Feb, next Sunday will be "Chu 6" in chinese calendar , one month after his birth.

vinwee : $160 is only for 1 jab. What Jgal means is there's a package whoch consist of a few jabs at a price. Now alot of clinics doing a package price. Even NUH. Its cheaper to take a package.

vinwee : not official gathering la. I'm meeting Christine on Monda y to go bb fair. So see if casn meet any mummies who may also want to goo. I will be bringing my gal. Cos taking care of my gal myself.

mico : i give pacifier to my gal since when she was 3 weeks old. only at bedtimes. i think a few mummies here also give their little ones pacifier.

labbitpj,

Hi Hi, my bb got jaudice as well. PD told me the jaudice will go off slower if we BF our bb.

He said diet (ginger dun really affected the jaudice?) as he was telling me, thouse caucasion who has jaudice and on BM and who dun eat ginger in their diet, their jaudice take longer to go off as well..

I am not sure how true it is. A nurse asked my friend to gv her bb grape juice (take one or 2 green grape and squece out the juice and gv the baby in the morning before milk) and her bb jaudice go off aft two days.

And there's CL told me bath bb with "wang ji" that you can buy from chinese medical hall. aft few days will go off. But do not bath within two day u visit to check jaudice as their skin will still be yellowish.

Also, jaudice in eyes will go off slower than the skin.

Serene,

BB tempt to poo more if on BM. Are you using cloth nappies for your bb? Try to put liner.

try this Achem detergent, the stain can easily wash off.

mico: she cfm got cry lor.. but i got sub with FM.. and yes.. i agree.. every 2 hrs is too short for milk production. i'm pumping every 3-4hrs during daytime (if i'm at home).

wyshania: lol! i also thinking, if those mums with excess BM wanna sell to low supply mums (like mi) onot.. really cannot meet the demand sia...

mico: i also milk leaking since the 3rd week of my confinement le.. end up i need to wear bras and use breast pads... hmmm.. i wonder will wearing bras reduce the milk supply?

happiness: i will be dropping by the fair awhile then need to go off to run some errands

vinwee: chicken essence can build up milk supply ar? hmmmm.... i so envy u... got at least 300ml a day.. i also hope to obtain this record...

kath, mico: my ger dun like pacifier... tried to get her to suck on it since week 2... and it has been unsuccessful... but it is also good that she dun like... coz no need to worry next time when she grows up, how to kick off the pacifier...

Kath / Christine : Yr bbs so good dun like pacifier. My gal is a super sucker. Aways wan to suckle. But I try to limit her to only suckle pacifier during bedtimes. How i wish they are like yr babies. hmmm....

BM : Really hor. Some people got breastmilk means got breastmilk. No breastmilk no matter what we do also no increase. I pump and pump only can pump out 50-60ml every 3 hourly. If pump 2 hourly think only can get 20ml ar... I drink lot of fluids can can get that 5-60ml. Imagine if i dun drink fluid think my BM sure drop. Now hoping the fenugreek will help.

Mummies : Any of yr babies sleep past feeding time? Do u wake bb up for feed? My gal have the habit of sleeping pass feeding times in the afternoon. My PD says dun let her go too long w/o milk. Must wake her up for milk at least 4 hourly. But sometimes i see her sleep till so shiok i no heart wake her up lei. But I also knw it is important for them to have sufficient milk as they now needs to put on weight and grow. Haiz...

Hi Mummies,

I open up one of the Fm i standby fr by bb. But bb on total BM now. Anyone interested i can pass to you? It's a japanese brand call marigona. I feed my bb twice when we js discharge from hospital.

mico,

you thinking to buy old navy as well? I am thinking to buy as well. Used to browse their website but order yet cfm the deal till now my bb out ler. Initially dunno the bb gender yet...[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

When are you going to buy? Can order together rite?

Happiness,

I dun wake my bb up if the nite feed is pass the feeding time. For day time, the most 4 hours will feed already.

Initially when we js discharge, bb got jaudice and keep sleeping and didn't wake up for milk, bb got this yellowsh stomach water vomit out coz nv feed for too long :p

happiness: ya lor ya lor.. same as u lor... i'm also on fenugreek now for 1 week le.. hope that milk supply will increase as well... There's only one brand in GNC rite? coz i still dun smell the maple syrup that mummies mentioned...

my ger seldom slp past her feeding time during the day... but at nite the different is 4 hrs so far..

Vinwee : erm.. what's hao si ar? Where can I get it from?

Christine : Ya i went GNC yesterday n they also say only got 1 type. I only started taking yesterday, so I dun think i smell like maple syrup yet. If Monday I smell something maple syrup then I knw its U!! Hahhahaha...

My gal will sleep pass feeding time in the afternoon. But nite feed, she is like alarm clock. haiz..... how i wish she can turn her clock around.

mico

i also give my bb pacifer when we wanna coax him to sleep.

leakage on shirt - mico, you also never wear bra and breast pad? kekeke

cooler bag - i will be using my old Fridge To Go cooler bag to transport ebm.

Vinwee

haha, i was reading your post telling wyshania to drink more milk. hehe. Drink more milk to produce more milk....

Now, sometimes when i take a packet of milk out from the fridge to drink, i feel abit weird. cos the milk is just nx to my bottles of ebm.... hahaha

btw Mummies, someone told me soya bean very effective in producing bm. You may wanna try.....

Happiness,

"hao si" is in cantonese is sth like oyster (brown black colour like tat). you can get from chinese medical hall or market stall that selling dry food.

Constance,

LOL... drink milk to produce more milk... :p

I dunno, i js eat watever I like. Even midnite lso snack the bread with cheese and milo.

Oh ya... a malay told me, drink milo also can more.. At least caucasion got more BM aft drinking milo... dunno how true.

Constance,

cut rice intake by half?

then eat more frequent lor. i also eat a lot... else no enough and feel hungry...

i eat even during midnite aft i pump or wake to wash the bottle aft feed.

happiness: LOL! Steady! If ve, u muz really tell mi leh~

vunwee, constance: same here lor.. after pumping, i always feel hungry.. but i scare i overeat... sigh..

Vinwee,

I'm due on 10 feb too but I delivered on 27 Jan. Is your baby a girl or boy? Which part of west do you stay? We can meet up. Hee

vinwee

yeah, cos my normal rice portion even during pregg is 1/2 bowl only. During Confinement, CL stuff me with rice. haha

now trying to cut back.

Back