(2010/02) February 2010 mtb

cloh: nutritionist say nothing can prevent baby jaundice. cos it's the kidneys starting to work and adjusting to the actual functioning of the kidneys after birth. every baby is different, some babies dun get at all.even ginger is not the culprit so ginger in moderate amounts is still good during confinement cos it helps mommy expel wind but no truth in raising bilirubin levels. I so happy when the nutritionist say pineapples can be eaten! i ate 2 slices after that antenatal session!LOL!!

apple : Not reali package lah.. $60 per session, she says min. 5 sessions.. so I taking 6 sessions lor.. also can choose whether wanna use recycle wrap (to return) or buy a new one (to keep) @ $20. Only know tat she will also do massage for the baby.. din hear anything on helpin us to clean the wound though..

But the timing for her to come, we cannot decide.. we will call her once we're back home.. she will den arrange her schedule and start coming, most likely after 1wk from day we discharge..

Jmi: I think yr case is bcoz you r having flu. Normally we shd not any kind of fruit juice if got flu. It will get worse.

Whoofy: Ya, am thinking to use the new mattress I bought for the confinement lady to do my massage, anyway is only few sessions so I think should be ok. Will use the mattress protector and one more layer of linen to prevent the oil leakage.

Hunnymummy: Ya I agree, every baby is different, so very hard to prove whether the coconut juice will help. But i think no harm drinking as i can feel my body is very heaty since 32 weeks so drinking once a week does help for me to cool down the heatyness.

Christine: Haha. Ya, those days really torture me..

Whoofy: When is your next checkup?

Oh ya, anyone experience pain at the upper back tigh when walking?

whoofy: I cant get Mdm ida.. she's fully booked. she got new people to help her.. Mdm Suria... no choice.give it a try lor.. who ask me to be so indecisive...but Mdm ida say their techniques are reviewed cos they wan to differentiate from Mdm mas.i also always wash with water after i use the toilet and i use toilet paper to dry before getting up but more particular for the confinement period cos i super scared of the episiotomy. cannot afford infections, i cannot imagine long period of pain below..sure torturous..remember when i first got sexually active last year... first time penetration took few weeks to succeed. I can tahan molar toothache until one big hole in my tooth and can see veins and gum from the top of the tooth before i went to see dentist but i cannot tahan sharp pain below.Birth is no choice but after that still got...I want to faint liao...

hunnymum> oh.. ok.. den I tink my gynea or her gals did the job for me le bah, cos she told me juz bring dunno wat slip of paper with me & IC ok liao.. hee

huh? can eat pineapple meh? me supoer gian till now.. haha

but anyway now cannot eat.. another 2 more mths to go.. den eat bah

minime> ya , the green ones is the m'sia ones, the small small kinds is thai ones. but when order can ask the person from where 1? hee

apple> dunno is drink old coconut or fresh 1s wor.. hmm.. got coconut juz drink for me :p

Cloh : Me was thinkin of getting a single size mattress protector to lay over my bed when doing massage.. end the end of all the sessions can jus throw away.. the liner is a good idea !!

apple : My next check up tis Sat.. My hubby lately need to work on Fri also (OT), no longer 4 day work. So we book Sat appt lor, dun mind paying additional $15 bucks lah..

hunnymummy : Tat time I call Mdm Ida, I was her last client to be accepted in Feb .. and tat was like mths ago..

apple: ya... pain from lower back to mid thigh when walking and the pelvic bones also.

cloh: ya.. no harm drinking also.. anytime TCM say eat "liang" before birth and "re" after birth

you not worried your CL will be unhappy ar? some people cannot stand the smell of the oil or feel that the mattress is not very clean for them to sleep on after your massage sessions but no choice cos they still have to sleep on it like it or not.. i think we must be sensitive.. if these people not happy with us we also die cos we need them during that period..

whoofy: yalor... but she recommend and under her de.. so if no good she got to takeover=P LOL...

Angel:you pay extra service fee right?lol...VIP service leh..lol!

cloh : Ohh.. Hahahaha.. for mine, it cost only $7.50 so i guess i will juz make do wif it! But i do have another 2 from spring maternity! :p

Bel : No wonder u know!

whoofy : My fren works ard there so i know and also, my hb went last year so will agar know there would be SALE coming. Hahahahaahha..

Angel : So far, my leakage is those clear kind and it's only a little nia. I only realise it AGAIN when i discovered tat my hands is sticky when i juz came out from bathroom! I washed it again and yet, still feel it's sticky and then look at my clothes and realise tat the "liquid" is where my nipples is coz i didnt wear bra. Hahahaahahaha.. I think if i did, i wouldn't have noticed! :p

hunny : Ohh.. Urs is u squeeze out urself.. Mine's not! :p Hahahaahahha.. U can refer to the table that Bel puts up for the add of comtech. It's near Vivo..

Gyan : Ahahahah.. Never mind, juz buy some and use and see how it goes! :p

Hunnymummy: You hv yr point too.. I will see how, anyway I got extra old single mattress just incase she minds then I will switch over.

Lovie : U reali got alot of clothes to wash leh.. U started before me.. but I finish mine yesterday liaoz.. U still washing more today ??!!! Ur boy will be a model.. so many clothes to wear.. hahahah

apple : like tat wont be able to meet u at ACJ liaoz.. cos we wanna make full used since already sign the package. By this Sun, I'll be 34wks.. so at least it's still on the schedule tat every 2wks I get to see her.. dun lugi..

apple: hormones..so yup. normal.massage lor.. time to use hubby power!:D

lovie: xin ku ni le!super mummy!why not hubby wash de leh?

I can't wait for d-day to be over!! i will eat sashimi and a;; the other no-no stuff, go do up my hair and nails and go facial and massage right after confinement!so sad..ytd got gathering with some frens before they leave for aust to study again.. they say i look aunty!!!huang lian po!!haiz...

whoofy : Wahahhahaahh.. Today am washing those "home clothes". Clothes tat i bought from Si Ma Lu.. Tomorrow will start to wash mittens/booties etc.. Hahahaahahah.. :p

hunny : Coz if ask hb to wash, he will say ask maid to wash and i dun wan maid to wash so i wash myself! :p

lovie: aiyo.. all these men hor.. i ask hubby wash, hubby left for MIL to wash den she mix with adults clothes and use adult detergent tho we ask her to separate liao.. i got so pissed i screamed at him!so in the end he no choice got to rewash everything himself.dun spoil the men. Got to train them now.. if not next time still this kinda attitude you will suffer!

Christine : online games ah... have but not frequent. Y leh? U saw someone playing online games with the same name?

hunny : my frnd stays in kampong area in malaysia... so she needs to take a boat to the hospital in the city... that time she dilated n she waited abt 2hrs for the boat but still no sign of it, so she went home, but den i think some old midwives there told her she still not fully dilated so no need to go hospital yet, n true enough lor, after that 2cm dilation stops until 2 weeks later.

i_shy: hallo, i am here. just been very tiring these few days trying to get all my work done.

i bought a Lamaze play gym yesterday. so cute [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Hehe..Tirabon MIA ar!Excited for u n Christine..2 more weeks or less to go!u can still go around shopping..how r u feeling?feeling nervous everyday?tinking the Day could it be today or tomorrow??hehehe..[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

so fast u buy the play gym..how much u bought the play gym for?

Lovie> faint.... Still washing clothes?? How dirty is ur maid ah?? Hmm den u handwash? I finally receive my final batch clothes spree. Gonna go for last round wash on sat bah..

So all mummies prep the bb room le? Got clean windows, curtain, fan, etc? Hmmm wondering to leave tiz hi hubby?!? So tired on nesting instincts tiz daes.. Counting down.. Lalalala

i_shy: hehe, it would be a relief when he comes out!! Dr says try to walk more so he will come out faster so i figured that I should go shopping! i paid $129.. discounted from $199!

Lovie: you must really love washing clothes!!!

Gyan: that means you can hear everything that is going on in the operating theatre?? isn't that scary?

hi mummies!!

had a quick browse on wat u all hv been chatting away...

re: pumping nw

tot the initial flow is very precious for the bb to suckle?? colestrum... hw can start pumping nw?? coz colestrum only for initial period before milk supply kicks in... so pump nw means by the time bb born n suckle, ter'll be no more colestrum for the bb??

re: maternity pad

i didn buy maternity pad... only normal pads for nite, heavy use... those extra long one... tink i got laurier... @ ocean chinatown.. forgot the price thou...

tira : hey, long time never hear from you... yah, i think i can hear everything and see the nurse and doc walking around lor, but bcos gynae say GA may cause some side effects to bb... also if other mummies can go thru normal delivery, i dun see y i can't go thru c-sect wide awake...

I think mummies going thru normal del even braver.

bbin: I was just trying out the pump then cos my frens were discussing strength of different brand of pumps so when i got mine, i went home to fix and try.. i read about nipple stimulation and oxytocin release that might lead to preterm labor so after that one time i stop liao.. so long as there's sign of colostrum, i'm quite relieved about the BF part.and at least i got myself familiarised with what pumping feels like and how the pump works..I did it only once and after researching a lil on it, realised it's not advisable actually...as for the colostrum part...good point.. got to go read up more..wonder how about mummies who leak colostrum?will it be depleted by the time baby arrives..

lovie : u oso find ur maid very dirty? Me too, i ask my maid to do housework, but i dun let her touch my bb stuff. However, i no patience one... that day i wash all my bb stuff using washing machine, n need to wash full load twice... den i iron all the clothes and bibs... so very cute.

gyan: i really bo whey gong...salut your courage!*bow to below waist level!!!I wrote in my birth plan to my care providers if C-sect last min den i wan GA!i refuse to extract my molar and tolerated with the whole painful procedure of root canal cos i scared of the equipment and the operation!not even a slit in my gums wad more a big laceration on my tummy!you are my ou xiang!!Jia you!

Ello mommies

Aren't anyone out there start buying ur own normal clothes??? that day i oredi bought a 4-inch high heels at far east liaoz...

And i start buying normal clothes online since I'm going to give birth soon... haha, juz couldn't stop my itchy hands.

The link is http://gipsyscarlet.livejournal.com/

I think de svc is very good with following comments:

1) Fast response - Place order and get confirmation w/in 5mins

2) Fast delivery - Xfer pymt arnd 7 plus and got my order delivered to me at home arnd 10pm

3) Good quality - material and sewing is better than many other online shops.

4) Reasonable price - Things are worth the price

5) Nice designs

[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/2495852/3502674.jpg]

Morning Mummies!

gyan: ya... i used to play Maplestory... inside, got a character call Alfonse... lol..

shy: lol.. i'm back! lol... tira? lol... she logins in at 830pm... haha... :p

gyan: u very fast leh... oreadi start ur online purchases le!

Re: Maternity

I happen to go NTUC for CNY goodies hunting... and i saw that Laurier has a new 40cm long pad! I bought 2 packets to put on standby... coz 1 packet only consists of 4 pads...

Re: Baby Engaged

Last nite, i bumped into my mum's good fren... And there's a cleaner in my HQ... They both commented that 'Baby has lowered le hor' hmmmm.... Actually, outsider can see the difference de wor....

Back