(2009/09) September 2009 MTBs

michelle,
no lah, he won't run away. for that few minutes he was grabbing the grills with his life and crying his lungs out because he wanted to come back into the house.

I totally agree with kams style of parenting. I personally think its impt to let my child know that if shes upset i will always be there for her. I also agree if baby cry they must want something its their only means of communication. Imagine if we could only say ahhh then everyone dont understand us so leave us alone becoz its all we can say. Its quite traumatic i feel for baby. Even adults like hugs and cuddles babies are
mini us. I dont feel got anything wrong pick them up fpr
a hug cuddle then put them down again. my parents constantly put me down as a child saying i naughty, etc. I've realise the pyschological damage this has done to my self esteem. So i make an effort to not do it to my child. Negative reinforcement such as insulting saying ur child is bad n naughty and withdrawal of love (walking off when ur child cries outside etc) is something i wont do from my own experience growing up and also becoz i studied psychology. Instead i will distract with toy or find out what she want play with her, if still cry pick her up cuddle her tell her its okay then put her down again. Its usually enough the few seconds of cuddling. Though parenting is to each, just do whatever suits u.

<font face="Comic Sans Ms"><font color="0000ff">crystalz</font>

It's true... every child is different &amp; parents shld how to "tackle" them.

Both my children is those, cannot take soft approach kind. U go soft on them &amp; they will push all e boundaries. They always "bully" my helper &amp; in laws.

<font color="aa00aa">Cookiezz</font>

yupz.. diaper rash cld b due to food allergy. U can use Calendula Cream now den switch back to desitin later.

<font color="0000ff">Rach</font>

U need to hv a gd talk w yr DH &amp; let him understand yr woe. See if he or yr mum can help out more so you can rest. Tink 1 hr a day will be a v good bonus for SAHM.

If u r tired/unhappy den how to give Rayanne e best?

As for discipline... you will hv to find best way tt works for Rayanne. Motherhood is full of trials &amp; experiment.

<font color="0000ff">Sandwich</font>

WOW.. u left yr boy outside??!! @ least yr boy dun dare to run away.

If it's my children, tink they will be happily playing outside *sigh*</font>

cookiezz,
My #1 got it 1 time. Suddenly got bad diaper rash and affected his private. Brought him to see PD and it was yeast/fungus infection. Given some cream to apply (couldn't remember the name now). Try not to use dispoable diaper for these few days? Let his bottom breath as much as he can and keep dry. Use cloth diaper and change as soon as he pees/poos.

Sandwich,
**yeah, shake hands** I knew you are on the side of my camp, from the way you communicate with Kaizer. We still haven't done anything harsh on HR yet. But that was one day hubby was very near to send him for a time out, but he managed to talk him through. Yes, sometimes we talked and talked until cows come home..... and yes, we also tell him we don't like naughty boy. Every now and then, he tells us, Hao Hao 是 good boy 来的 :) Or if I tell him, mama is getting angry now, he understands, and he knows how to respond to that. When we went back for holidays, ya, he was super happy cos the two pairs of grandparents and all his uncles and aunties just let him do what he wanted and ate what he wanted.

Rach,
I am different from you, in the sense that I am a FTWM. Even during weekends, we don't carry our bb all the times. I only carry her to sleep. So far, both my #1 and #2 have never been a koala bear on us, except when they were not well. My kids are pretty independent. Like yesterday night, my girl can play on her own for almost 2 hours, from the time we reached home till bedtime, while I was doing all the house chores. My boy is also very independent, most of the time, he is ok to play on his own. When we are out, we use stroller, I don't sling her anymore.

Try to do more activities (play, sing, talk, exercise) with her on the bed or on the floor.

Michelle,

i do have bottle warmer but microwave is faster to defrost and heat up food cos by the time i reach home fm infant care, it's 7pm. Feed my bb at 7.30pm, 8pm wipe down, off the light, leave him alone, sleep at 8.20 or 8.30pm..dream feed him at 10pm, sleep thru to 7am...schedule vy standard.

<font face="Comic Sans ms"><font color="0000ff"><u>Food Processor</u></font>

I'm currently using the Braun but need to invest in another. I don't want to spend so much this time round so any recommendation? Anyone using the processor from Kenwood?</font>

<font face="Comic Sans ms"><font color="0000ff">Sandwich</font>

R u e one who is getting organic food from Pasir Panjang wholesale centre? If yes, can pls pm me e contact details &amp; pricing if available. Thanks </font>

<font color="dc143c">Berrypie</font>
me me! I'm opening orders for Batch 2 Happy Bellies &amp; melts...

Puffs can be ordered but note that the shipping is EXP!!!
Will only order puffs if we have a minimum of 42 qty. to maximise shipping costs.

<font color="dc143c"><font size="+1">Happy Bellies, Happymelts Open for order!!</font></font>

Courier at $8 will encouraged if you are ordering a big qty.. as its all very bulky...
Save both sides the strength to carry and lug home...

Self Collection at my place Yishun Ave 5 or various locations can be prearranged if I'm not meetin many mummies at one shot.. I cant carry so many bags with Rayanne.. hehe.. :p
2-3mummies at a time is possible..

<font color="dc143c">Jen/Kam</font>
yah.. i try to let me mum deal with her when its possible.. but she 90% of the time wants MEMEMEMMEME!!!! >.<"

So very hard to do anything...
only when she sleeps at 11-12am at nite.. will i have free time....

Baby carrier

thanks for all the advice. Going down to sq 2 later to try out the various ones with my girl.

Then going down to taka fair. Hope there are still pigeon bottles for exchange. Hehe.

Cereal

my girl turned 6 months today! Just had her 1st taste of brown rice cereal. She was trying to grab the bowl from me because I wasn't spooning fast enough.

Sandwich

better not leave your boy outside your house as a punishment. My parents used to do that to me until one day I decided that since I wasn't wanted I should just run away from home. And I did. They searched for me and found me 2 blks away. That was the last time they ever punished me that way.

<font color="dc143c">Pigeon Y teats</font>

i just saw the packaging n it says 2-3months!!

so now at 6months plus should use L teat liao issit?????trying to feed Rayanne water after her cereal.. realised the teat that comes with the new bottle is too slow for her... she keep playing with it... cant find the M &amp; L teats i bought during preggy days...

so need to go get L teats liaoz... >.<"

Brand new Y teats to let go...anyone here by any chance needs one?? hahaha... though its a bit silly since its meant for 2-3months...... >.<"

Got plenty of Pigeon stuffs to let go...
Breastcare gel (BNIB)
Storage bottles (3 in a pack BNIB)
Y teats (a pair)
Silent Electric Breast Pump (used for 2 weeks only)

berrypie,
Forgot to answer you. I don't use baby cubes. You should check on the label/instruction manual for baby cubes to see if it's suitable for microwaving or not. Some lids can be microwave but for sure cannot cover tightly else would explode.

There is no scientific proof that said microwaved food is a hazard to health. But some people believe that, I know the Wong Boi Boi from TMC parentcraft is one of those don't allow microwave food for kids. I personally choose to believe the scientists :)

Rach

If you intend to go back to work you'll need to start to get her used to your mom. Or else the separation anxiety will be worse!! V cham wan!! You cab try leaving home for like half a day to see how she reacts.

Re: disciplining

i do not believe in caning or hitting too. and i don't like the idea of "punishment". children may pick up the idea that hitting is ok.

reasoning with consequence works for my #1, e.g. we do not allow her to go into the kitchen for safety reason. the moment she tried to test water, we carried her away from kitchen and tell her "no". after a while she knew that she could not go in

<font color="dc143c">potbelly</font>
haha yah... i cant leave even for 30min...
she will cry the house down when im bathing lo...

when the boat reach the pier, it'll be straight la..

Kam,

thanks for your advice.

Rach,

Need to know when is the epiry date? I like to order 2x tin HB brown rice cereal and 2x tin Oatmeal.

KAm,
The rock melon, honeydew, papaya need to steam before giving bb?

CAn bb take mango puree? sound a bit weird lei.

Anyone give Kiwi puree?

Gina,
Can sent the recipe to me?

<font color="dc143c">berrypie</font>
my current batch has expiry date of Oct, Nov &amp; Dec for the various tins...

So i guess the next batch should be Dec2010 or Jan 2011, since they seemed to have used up the older batch on me...
happy.gif

PM me ur orders okay!
happy.gif

<font color="dc143c"><font color="ff6000">ORANGE</font> Sweet Potatoes</font>
My mum steamed some for herself this morning!!
YUm yum!!! And i'm gonna go get it from Giant at SSC later.. anyone wanna tom pang??
You can collect when u come to my place to pick up stuffs...

its sooo fragrant and sweet!!!!!!!!!!!!!
happy.gif

sandwich> wah. heng. some kids u throw them out, dey really walk away, den if it's mine, i think worse. if he walk away, dunno if i shuld go after him or wat oso. so i better dun try to lock him out =p

jenn> agree. think it's more of a kid to kid diff thingy. some u need to go hard on them, n some prefer the soft approach. hehe. my boy still young, dunno wat he is yet.

berrypie> erms. but my avent warmer defrost quite fast le. i haven tried though. only tried on milk. think less den 10mins

Am i correct that those fruit puree eg avocado puree that has been frozen, we need not make it warm to serve?

We just feed the avocado puree once it has been thawed in the fridge to room temperature?

--rach--

My girl is still using Y size teats ley. Just bought a pair yesterday. Actually thought should be L. I figured she like to drink her milk slowly...

When you ordering Old Navy ar? I wanna get some stuff.

Wow, so many babies all like koala like that. Mine too, once she knows that i'm at home after work, she will want me to carry. My mother in law who looks after her during the day, said that day time she is ok, but once she know i come back, become like manja and want to carry alot. Haiz. I cant bear to see her cry. She cry until so cham when i left her at the playpen just to wash a cup.

When i went overseas for few days without her, 1st night, she stayed at my parents place and she cried terribly for 1 hour until she too tired to sleep, eyes was swollen. My mother had to take one of my tshirts n put on her n brought her to my room. Next night, at my in laws place (i'm staying with them), my mil also had the same problem, cried for 45mins. Then, next few nights, she didnt cry already, guess she accepted that i'm not there to put her to bed. (i'm always the one who put her to bed every night which i find it very difficult to do so coz she sleeps like 12mn!!)

<font color="dc143c">Bernice</font>

ooh..then maybe i can try to give her Y teat to drink water????

COz when i was squeezing my milk earlier. i saw 6 gushes!! means flowing from 6 outlets.. wah... thats alot.. maybe that explains why Rayanne feed for just 4-5min each feed....

I'm ordering Old Navy on Friday nite.
happy.gif

Dun wanna wait till all OOS..
happy.gif

<font color="0000ff">Connie, Berrypie, Jul, tlisa</font>
Thanks so much for tips and help on de-clogging
happy.gif
like what some of you might have mentioned, i think its because the drastic drop in latching since Kate went to infant care....plus am so lazy to drag out my medela PISA, have been using Harmony until i called parentcraft and they advice me to re-use my PISA, so am using that now, coupled with latching Kate (as in waking her up at night to latch!)
Antibiotics helped too...

<font color="0000ff">baby's sleeping habit</font>
Jia-you!! Am sure you mummies can do it! Thank God my mum (who helped me with Kate for 3 months) advocates babies sleeping in their own cot, so since she came back from hospital, she has been sleeping in her own cot....at 6 weeks, she slept in her own room....which is just a sliding door away from us lah, :p)

<font color="0000ff">koala babies</font>
Like <font color="0000ff">Jen</font> i also had the urge of throwing her out of the window...the whole of last week, i was bogged down with her incessant crying, superglued to me the whole day, at times, I sat down and cried with her for a good hour!! It was bad....really no me time....I think that's one of the reason that led to my blocked ducts...too tired.

I hope she will learn to be more independent now that she has started infant care....from what I gather, <font color="0000ff">michelle, Kam &amp; Sandwich's</font> babies are pretty independent and all of them go to infant care/nanny during the day....

<font color="0000ff">sandwich</font>
The porridge doesnt have salt at Kate's infant care...though I'm pretty tempted to supply her puree for lunch now that I'm still on no pay at home...maybe I will let her start porridge only when she is 7 mths when i start work....

Bernice,
I microwave puree till it's warm once taken out from freezer. I have never tried thawing it to room temperature. If you were to leave it to thaw on kitchen bench/table, make sure you cover the baby cube/container properly.

Paige,
It's so weird that the infant care cook porridge with scallop for babies. Yes, agree, not that suitable for babies (though it won't harm them). Puree itself may not fill her for 1 feed. You can consider giving her cereal instead of porridge when she is at cc? The infant care my #1 went to only use fresh veg and meat to cook porridge, no processed food. And they blend the porridge before giving it to younger babies. I couldn't remember exactly at which month my #1 started on porridge. Most likely around 7-8 months.

puree> yeah. i m going to buy the blender tml evening. wat puree shuld i make this wkend for my boy? some ez i hope =p

rach> for ON, how u charge domestic n international shipping ah? based on number of items? weight? cost?

paige> same lo. cos with the nanny, my boy sleeps in his own cot. so maybe tat's y he is ok to sleep inside himself. sometimes i let him lie with me on my bed, sometimes when i'm tired, i leave him in his own cot.

ya, slowly after 2wks, ur gal will learn to be more independent. now my boy falls asleep at 8+pm himself, i dream latch him at 915pm, dreamfeed him again with bottle at 1am. den when i wake up at 615am, i'll see him awake n playing in his cot, could be playing with his tagler, toys while i go prepare for wk, den i'll be back to latch him ard 655am =p dat's the luxury i get from sending him to infant care

--rach--

I thought you total latch and no bottle feeding? Ya can try Y size teat for water. From what i read, your girl really clings onto you, how you going back to work if she is like that? Considering starting to train her now.

--Kam--

Thanks. how many mins to set the microwave huh? Can add milk into the avocado puree before freezing or just before serving? Where you bought your braun hand held blender huh?

-- Carrier card --
Anyone needs the disc carrier card can pm me.

<font color="ff0000">Michelle</font>
I calculate vpost shipping by weight.
I'll lump all ur items together n weigh as a whole.. Not individual piece. Tried that the last time, weigh till I mad.. Lol!!

rach> wat abt domestic shippin? oso by weigh? some charge by how many items u order. wah. tat time i order many small small item lo. den practically end up paying most of the domestic shipping cost. while some calculate by domestic shipping/total order cost*per person order cost.

<font color="ff0000">bernice</font>
ya Lo..
I total latch.. I use bottle to give water only.. Which she hardly drinks any.. Maybe 10ml? After 15min... Cuz she treats the bottle as a toy, a toy that leaks liquid n she will attempt to lick the liquid!!! Lol!!

My director has given me the OK to bring Rayanne back to office... So just a matter of when I'm gg back Lo..

I've brought her with me to meet a few clients as well n she is totally well behaved when I'm carrying her..
Have attended meetings where she fell asleep in my carrier too...

Think I'm some wonder woman.. Really like ah xing Lo..
>.<"""

Braun handheld blender can be purchased frm NTUC Xtra.. $49 if I didn't rem wrongly..
Most places like best n Harvey norman has it as well..

I dun thaw the purée. Put it straight into the pigeon Warmer till it's all thawed n a little warm.. Mix with cereal n ebm not warm liaoz..

michelle,
Real easy one to make? Try green pea. Look for one at the frozen section, you can buy organic or non-organic. Then no cutting, no washing. Just cut open the bag and put it into the steamer and then blend. And finger crossed that your bb is going to like it. Have fun pureeing :)

Bernice,
For my microwave, I use either 1 or 1.5 min, depending on how big is the serving. You gonna try and error with your microwave. Add milk just before serving if you want to. I bought mine at Courts a couple of years back.

paige
if ur lump still dont clear, mayb u might want to pay a visit to Parentcraft and get them to massage? as tlisa suggested, i wanted to get my hubby to suck also but he doesnt want lor.. so i got to massage and massage to clear it.. i only take antibiotics then.. no need painkillers

<font color="ff0000">michelle</font>
domestic shipping u mean the US$7 ah??
Usually free leh.. If it's not free I usually lump together with vpost shipping..

N by weight more fair ma.. Some people buy jeans so heavy Lo.. Even baby jeans 1 jeans can equal to 5 tops..
So I use weight. By item n using units also unfair.. Cuz like socks one pair is so light Lo..

-- rach --

You really some wonder woman! Do you bring her to the toilet as well? in public places i mean. lol. I have never tried doing business with my girl in the manduca!

Wow, you have an understanding boss. Its good they are flexible. =)

Ok am going to AMK hub fairprice tonight to get the blender

--Kam--
Ok, thanks for the info! =)

<font color="ff0000">michelle</font>
lol ok.. I'll close orders once hit 50 items..
I only one online code. Only can take 1 batch..

<font color="ff0000">bernice</font>
yes I have. I do biz she sleeping inside manduca..
happy.gif

I only never tried changing clothes with Rayanne cuz it's not possible with manduca.. Haha...

bernice
i have! i have! alone with her mah, how not to carry her in it when i go toilet? no where to leave her also.. :p

still thinking if i should get a blender too... hmm my mum just fed her carrot with cereals today. she has been eating cereals only for the past wk. Is it ok to mix purees with cereals and feed? or should we give cereals and pure purees separately?

- rach -
she really goes everywhere w u literally!
happy.gif

- milkyway-
Lol!u another one!i bought baby cubes so it is like the next step to get blender.

Think can mix ba. I've fed her apple puree with cereal. More tasty. Else only cereal is bland.

bernice
i didnt buy the cubes as my mum will nv feed my gal frozen stuff, except for BM which i educated her to be better than milk powder. she prefers to give her fresh ones. but she's also abt resistant to give her purees. last wk she tried sweet potato but my gal doesnt want to take it.. think it's pure with no milk so abit too dry. Today she tried carrot mixed with cereal and my gal takes it. she keeps saying my gal drinking my BM already, dont have to anyhow give her purees lor, next time ard 8months then cook porridge wat to do.. she's the one taking care of her on wkdays.. so i guess i can only feed her purees on wkends.. doubt i need to freeze anything. wonder wat shall i get this wkend to feed my gal.. hmm.. i will just use fork and spoon to smash into purees lor. hope it wont be too diff... i'm also one who dont cook and cant cook :p

milkway,
Yes, can mix puree with cereal. Your choice.

rach / milkway,
That's VERY attach parenting. Can you not leave your bb on the bed while you do the biz? Give her some toys/teether/books to play with and leave the door open so she can see you, and you continue to talk to her? When bb starts to cry, don't pick her up immediately, though you should attend to her asap, hold her hand or give her a hug or to make some body contact so she can feel you, talk to her, and offer her toys etc. If nothing works, then you pick her up, soothe her, after stop crying for a few minutes, put her down again. I would rather this cycle again and again rather than koala-ing a bb all the times.

-milkyway-
I read tat need to gif supplement foods aft 6mths.cant solely gif bm cos need to replenish their iron reserves. So now till 8mths, still need2supplement with solids.i oso intend to start her on porridge when she's abt 8mths. Perhaps can feed her puree infront of ur mum n comment tat ur gal loves it so she can see tat her granddaughter does enjoy puree!

How abt try banana?easiest!just peel n smash.happy pureeing dis wkend!

Kam> when using manduca is outside leh.. How to put on bed?? U only do biz at home huh?

If at home I only can do when she's sleeping or if urgent my mum carry n she cry Lo..

I tried putting her on Bumbo sitting at toilet entrance.. But before I done she cranky n try to push herself up on Bumbo..
She will stretch her legs straight n her body bend behind.. So scary Lo if she fall backwards...

And yes I dun pick her up immediately.. I would go to her try to figure out what she want.. But usually she just want me to carry ultimately..
Once carry, no more crying... So I've seldom succeed in going to her n calm her down without carrying her...

Once she stop crying I put her down, she will cry again.. Try few times fail then wat to do??

Attach parenting:
Just to share my experience as a teacher. I had a Primary 3 pupil who's perpetually late for school. She's a very well-behaved girl. During the discussion with her mother, I found out that since young, she needs her mother around in order to fall asleep. However, her mother's started to work night shift recently and the girl couldn't sleep till her mother came home at 1am. every night. Hope our babies are not as scary.

kam> haha. think my bb wun like green pea. cos i oso dun like it. den my hubby will say me again. cos tat time i bought my boy heinz pear puree, bb dun like, den hubby say. see, u dun like, i dun like, of cos bb oso dun like pear la -_-"

btw, u were saying sweet potato. wat kinda sweet potato ah? wat color skin? might go search for it this wkend

rach> okie. den i juz see if got anything good to buy. haha. maybe not buying la. tat time bought some cheap n cute ON shorts for my boy. trying to c if got something similar or not =p

milkyway> no blender how to feed carrot? i thinking of doing some puree of a fruit which i like to eat. haa. den at least bb dun like, i can eat =p

bernice> yesterday feed my boy cereal with apple juice. wah lau. u too slow he scream lo. den when finish he cried like nobodies business. make me so malu in public -_-

Rach,
I don't sling (or use any carrier) my girl anymore.

So after you carry her and she stops crying, what happens next? Is it a pattern associated to it? For example, does she fall sleep after that? Or she wants to latch? Or she wants to play? What do you do with her after picking her up?

To answer to your question, yes, I will repeat this again and again and again until she is willing to be left alone without crying (assuming she doesn't cry because of hunger/sleepy/not feeling well).

milkway,
You should add water or breastmilk to the puree until the consistency that is suitable for your bb. Yes, sweet potato and potato puree is dry, have to add some fluids to it.

If your mum is really against feeding frozen puree, then she can feed bb cereal during weekdays. And some fruit puree which can be made fresh easily. No point arguing with her since she is the main carer, she should feel comfortable in whatever she does with your dauguter. You can make veg puree during weekends.

Michelle,
As much as our bb inherited all the genes from parents, they DON'T inherite our taste bud. It's a very wrong perception to say that because parents don't eat pear, then surely your kid don't like pear, it doesn't work that way. Can you say because parents like chilli, then surely bb can take chilli also? But for sure, what parents eat or don't eat affect a kid's diet greatly. To give you an example, a friend of mine, both parents don't like veg. When their kids were still young, they still ate veg. When they were older, they observed that their parents don't take veg, they learned from the parents and never liked to eat veg anymore. We should let our bb expose to as much as possible. Also, he doesn't like it last week, doesn't mean he doens't like it this week. Gonna try giving him again.

Kam> u dun sling then u carry in hands ah?? Tiring leh..
Esp like I go out for hourssss..

After carry she doesn't want anything.. I carry she stop.. Then I bring her abt to do my things Lo.. In front of pc.. Packing my stuffs etc.. Until feeding time I feed then either she falls asleep for 15min or she latch till she happy then look at me... Then I'll play with her.. Then if I leave after putting her to cot to play on her own, she'll be okay for 5min maybe then cry for help liaoz..
She has never fall asleep on her own.. Either I latch or I carry or daddy carry(if he's home..)..

<font color="119911">milkway</font>
My mum was initially against frozen puree too when I told her abt it. Said should feed porridge lah... frozen food too "cold"... overnite.. no good blah blah blah.. then last weekend when she came over my place. I warmed up frozen squash puree and asked her to feed Ian. She tried the puree and when she realised how yummy the puree is and how Ian enjoyed it, she changed her mind and said .. should feed puree cos nutritious lah... porridge should wait till he's slightly older lah... blah blah blah.. hahhaha maybe you can try the same with your mum? Show her the puree and how much your bb likes it. But make sure u dun feed bb with flavor he doesn't like lah.

Back