2008 P1 Registration

Hi Bluebells,

Thank you so much. I was browsing the school website yesterday.

I reckon the school is tradition and strong in chinese. In a way it is good - my gal can learn more about her chinese roots and history.
happy.gif

Will email you. Hope to understand more about the P1 standard so that i can get my gal prepared. Now am extremely worried about my gal's standard in chinese. Intending to send her for chinese enrichment to brush up her chinese. Considering kumon or Berries....
happy.gif

Any mummies here registering their sons for SJI Junior?

Thought it would be nice for my son to know some friends before going there next year
happy.gif

Hi
Have been following the thread.

I am also registering my son for P1 this year under Phase 2B (as catholic).

I am currently interested in either Montfort Junior or Holy Innocent (we are staying in Seng Kang).

Base on last year information, no balloting for Montfort Junior (all boys school; single session) but balloting is normally require for Holy Innocent (mix school; double session).
(My 2nd child is a gal, so if my son gets in Holy Innocent, I dont have to worry for my gal next time). But if my son gets in Montfort Junior, next time, I will have to put my gal in CHIJ(OLN).

Any mummies here have any more information on both schools

Hi Yuki : I checked for you Nan Chiau 2007 under Phase 2B within 1km all in , balloting goes to 1-2km applicants. So u monitor this year and if the same that's mean your chance should be higher unless they reduce the intake .
sad.gif

Hi

Hope mummies could enlighten me regarding PSLE score. Is it true that the total score of 300 was divided into English – 100, Chinese – 100, Maths & Science - 50 each ?

I am also registering my son for P1 this year, am worry about his Chinese. Will have to consider sending him for Chinese enrichment class if it is true...

Thanks, Wish a boy!

Hi,

Can someone guide me how to check the previous years record? Moe websire or the school website itself?

Thanks.

Hi Yuki ,

Website itself only show this year one . After the registration period over , it will be remove . So my records is I myself track it during the registration phase

sngiam
Have you registered ? I did mine this morning. Reached at 9 am already no. 20 in q. come out of the room got more pple waiting outside.

Hi Mummies,

This thread is informative. I'm on the lookout of registration for my son next year. He is born in Yr2003. MIL is looking after him. I intend to enrol him for after sch care. So single session sch is top priority. I zooming in to St Andrew (within 2KM of MIL's add) or Maris Stella. Any mummies here has information abt these schs?

Dear Mummies,
Been silent for this few months due to work commitment. Would like to find out, is there any school beside Rivervale and Nan Chiau that I can consider in the event i dun get a place in Rivervale Phase 2C......
Thanks in advance.

Hi Cecelia,

My girl is in P2 NCPS. My hubby and I actually did some leg work and visited a few schools. In the end, we decided that if she didn't get into NCPS, we would consider Fernvale Primary, at Jalan Kayu.

It is still a young school, I think it only has P6 students last year or so. Our rationale was that being a new school, the teacher : student ratio would be low, and with fewer students, the bonding between the teachers and the students and the cohesiveness among everyone would be great. The school is single session, starts at 8am, and classes ends at 1:30pm.

I called up the principal before visiting. The staff are also very friendly and full of warmth. We only considered NCPS or Fernvale.

There are a few other primary schools in Sengkang - Northspring (we visited, but really don't like the principal), Sengkang Pri, Compassvale Pri, and another 1 or 2 new primary schools but I can't remember their names, these new schools started accepting P1 students only last year.

Phase 2A2 finally over. I just called my "target" school. Only left with about 100 vacancies - 50 for 2B.

The school say depends on how many grassroot & society member. Hubby ask me whether we should go down to witness the balloting - in case we need to ballot! I say touch wood... hopefully no ballot. Pri 1 registration already so kan cheong. I think PSLE I will have insomnia at night.

lwg26
ya when i called NYPS deciding if I should sign for Alumni, the admin tell me no need because grassroot members is after my phase. Tell me dun waste money

chicken little,
I'm targeting at a school in the east. Will tell you after my dd gets in... now keep fingers cross cos there's always a possibility of ballot.

Every year seems like those popular school getting more & more popular. Maybe more difficult to get into good schools next time.

Hi CL

I have registered today in the morning (i mean yesterday) along with my cousin. Have checked online, we are in already. Hee...

And I happened to see one of the old teacher still there and I talked to her a while. So nice to see a familiar face there.

sngiam,
I go to school all faces different. All young teachers. Ha ha so i doubt I will have a teacher to tell my daughter how the mummy was like ha ha.
Remember our pact to exchange test papers. ha ha

Lwg26
Good luck and hope you can go in without stress and ballot.

Hi, I gave my gal $1.50 per day. It is more than enough. You can also look through the canteen menu on the first day or during the orientation to decide.

Can start from S$1.50/day for the first week and adjust downwards from there. That's the amt I gave P1 ds this year on first week. Then, everyday I asked him what he bought from school during recess. I realised that he only needed about $1.00, so on the second week I cut it to $1/day. After that, I found that with $1, he can have some chicken rice (50 cts) and drinks (50cts) and for a few days, he enjoyed packet drinks in school. So, I cut his pocket money to 80 cts so that he can only afford to buy main meal (rice or noodles) in school, no drinks.

Hi Su and Siew Pheng.
Thanks for the tips! Wat kind of food & drinks does the canteen usually serve? Is it soup based? I wonder if the P1 will know how to bring those soup noodle to their table without spilling it. Do schools sell soft drinks? I don't allow my kids to have soft drinks so need to lay down the groundrules when giving dd her pocket $.

My gal is attending PLMGS. They serve chinese food such as chicken rice; char siew rice; fishball noodles; pasta; snacks such as buns, waffles; corn; soya beancurd; fried bee hoon; fried noodles; rice and dishes etc. The canteen also sells ribena and iced milo. No other types of soft drinks or ice cream.. But I know of schools canteens that sell ice cream, snacks such as crackers.

I gave my girl S$1.50 and then up it by 6% to S$1.60 due to inflation, and the fact that some food prices in the canteen has also risen by 10 cents.

Anyway, my rules are clear, if I caught her buying soft drinks in school, she will be banned from bringing pocket money for a number of days. Milo is fine though.

There is also a compulsory savings of 30 cents a day which my girl must achieve. We deliberately incorporated the savings amount into her pocket money because we want to cultivate her savings habit.

Hi mummies, is there any way that we can check what are the sch under each GRC? In specific, what are the sch under Tg Pagar GRC?

http://www.moe.gov.sg/education/admissions/primary-one-registration/listing-by-grc/

Tanjong Pagar
Anglo-Chinese School (Junior)
Anglo-Chinese (Primary)
Balestier Hill Primary School
CHIJ (Kellock)
Farrer Park Primary School
Gan Eng Seng Primary School
New Town Primary School
Queenstown Primary School
Radin Mas Primary School
Raffles Girls’ Primary School
River Valley Primary School
Singapore Chinese Girls’ Primary School
St. Margaret’s Primary School
Zhangde Primary School
St. Joseph’s Institution Junior

Gin
For nanyang it is 15 Nov. Not sure about the rest.

Giggler
Please remember to check which committee member you joining as I think women's committee not counted.

Giggler
you may like to check with your GRC. Because my fren who is in women's committee need a endorsement from MP. So better to make sure it is correct

Phase 2B registration starts today! In newspaper on those schools that are likely to ballot. Within 40 minutes, the school that I went to has 20 parents registered. Tomorrow will know result

Some update :-

Subject: STI News Alert: Pri 1 Registration: Balloting expected at 28 schools

Pri 1 Registration: Balloting expected at 28 schools.

TWENTY-EIGHT schools are expected to hold ballots for open spaces in the next phase of registration for Primary 1.

Some of the schools that are likely to take the route include Anglo-Chinese School (Primary), CHIJ St Nicholas Girls', Nan Hua Primary and East Spring Primary.

These schools had 100 vacancies or fewer after the latest stage of registration ended on Tuesday.

The balloting is part of the seven-stage annual registration process for Primary 1 that kicked off on June 30.

We went at 10am, already queue number 30+

noticed a constant flow of parents coming in to register even when we were leaving

http://www.straitstimes.com/Free/Story/STIStory_258476.html

<font color="ff0000">extract from Straits times</font>

Filling up fast - schools with 100 places or fewer
THESE schools have 100 places or fewer for the next two phases of Primary 1 registration:

CHIJ St Nicholas Girls'

Red Swastika

Ai Tong

Catholic High

Dazhong Primary

Bukit Panjang Primary

Henry Park Primary

Methodist Girl's School (Primary)

Nan Hua Primary

Canossa Convent Primary

Maha Bodhi

Holy Innocents' Primary

Bendemeer Primary

Hong Wen

Anglo-Chinese School (Primary)

Singapore Chinese Girls' Primary

St Joseph's Institution Junior

White Sands Primary

Fairfield Methodist Primary

Compassvale Primary

Rivervale Primary

CHIJ Our Lady of Good Counsel

Chongzheng Primary

East Spring Primary

Junyuan Primary

St Hilda's Primary

Cedar Primary

Jiemin Primary

mamachen,
No in fact it was one of the lower birth rate (lower than last year's snake). I guess now even to get into an ok school also need to do PV. Maybe more parents are aware of importance of education for children.

the list of schools with 100 and less vacancies does not necessary mean that it is popular. take for instance, Dazhong and Cedar Pri, they only have 150 vacancies to start with, so naturally at this point, they have less than 100 vacancies.

MOE website updated. These schools confirmed need balloting:

CHIJ St Nicholas Girls’

Temasek Primary

Catholic High

Methodist Girls’ School (Primary)

De La Salle

Nan Hua Primary

Holy Innocents’ Primary

Tao Nan

Anglo-Chinese School (Primary)

St Joseph’s Institution Junior

St Hilda’s Primary

Hi Wish A boy,

do you have last year admission data on Hougang and Toa Payoh? I'm need to register my boy in phase 2C, but looks like the good school like hougang, holy innocent and xinmin balloting is conducted within 1 km. I'm staying 1-2km away from these school so would like to check out any chances of getting in. Thanks so much!

hi,

anyone has the table for woodlands. Need to check on Innova Pri and Fuchun Pri.
Any idea which sch is better ?
thanks!

Bluebells,
Thank you for the reply. I will do a through check on the school again. I think i will consider the new school as less ppl taken the place offered.

Hi Wakie,
My nieces and nephew are in Fuchun Pri school. It is consider a good school as previously my SIL need to do PV for her child to get into this school.

Hi wakie

Innova Pri is a very new sch...only 7 months old. So can't really tell good or no good.

I'm also considering this school as i like it being a single session school.

They had an Open House last Saturday. I went with my boy. Currently, the sch only hv students from P1 to P4. There's no P5 &amp; P6. Limited CCA. Only sports CCA, no uniform group or club.. But they will have Band next year..

There's no CA1 or SA for P1 but they will have test after each topics taught..And 1 final exam at end of year.

They also have a Student Care inside the school. The SC is run by a welfare organisation called PowerLife..fees is $240 per mth..with meals, nap and tuition..

Which part of Woodlands are you staying?

Back