2008 P1 Registration

Yes, we should swap papers.

CL - saw the Baking Thread, congratulations on the success of the gathering.
happy.gif

Hope to see u if we have a East gathering.

Yes, please count me in too .... swap papers in future.

Anyone has feedback on Gongshang, Chongzheng or Tampines Primary? I am considering these schools and your feedback are most appreciated.

Thanks, PressureKid. Yes, I do know Gongshang is a very popular choice. Sigh, nearest to my house yet must ballot even within 1km!

All i know is Poi Ching is SAP school and have higher chinese. I think standard is good and the kids are generally well behave. You stay near there? I think have to ballot within 1km too.

Pavilion8612

I stay pasir ris but just found out recently that Poi Ching is within 2 km of my house and got kinda excited. But when I asked around, heard that the standard of the school has dropped but if they are still able to maintain the culture, I don't mind lor.

Will just monitor when the registration starts to see if their places are taken up fast, if need to ballot then will just consider Elias Park or Park View in pasir ris.

Hi PressureKid,

Don't mean to dampen your excitement but I think to get into Poi Ching, you'd have to ballot even for those within 1km.

Btw, Pasir Ris have good schools too. Heard Whitesands primary is the popular choice while Elias Park primary has good principal.

Hi Pavilion8612

Actually I'm prepared for it, that's why I say will monitor when the registration starts. I've actually called the school to enquire and they told me for last year, no balloting if within 2 km, not sure if it's true or not.

Whitesands is also very popular here and not even within 2 km so out of the question.

mummies,
anyone have any idea if balloting is needed for Phase2C 1-2km for St Anthony Pri School?
TIA

fz
St Anthony is the one at bukit gombak ? If yes, you need balloting. My sil staying at good view, during my niece years she did ballot. It is a catholic school, so prior to that there are those with affiliation to church

hi all,

i got a girl who is also registering for p1 this year, i am within 1 km for MGS and pei hwa. COuld any one advise me which school is better. Can't decide so headache.

Thanks esther & pavilion,

Phase 2C... not so such if need balloting for phase 2C for River Valley & Zhangde or not.

hi,

my gal is 2003 kid so P1 in 2010 n registrtion in 2009. I'm keen in Tao nan, w/i 1km of my hse. but tt school very popular also. The PV is closed for 2010 intake!!! OMG...i wonder if i shld consider other less popular school

anyone heard of Radin Mas Pri school? pp tell me now its good. i was from there donkey yrs ago

thanks chickenlittle for the info.
goodview quite near to st anthony still need balloting..think i have no chance. :p

Hi Moomoo,

SJI needs balloting for those staying within 1-2km. MOE has removed the statistic for 2006 registration. Otherwise, you can have a look at it.

hi sleepy resolution,

HOw many yrs must i serve as grassroot leader before getting the chance? I was told by some less then 1 yr, some say 2 yrs n some say 3yrs!!

anyone tried join Huau Kuan? I tot of getting HK huay kuan...coz a check with taonan...if Ph2B n w/i 1km almost sure 100% get in.

blessed

I do not know the specific details. I heard from the school that grassroot leaders can come in at this phrase too, don't know how many of them. If overwhelming response, then have to ballot together with PVs

I also heard that grassroot leaders can apply for any schools within the GRC they served. I wasn't aware of this flexibility earlier, otherwise can cast my net wider, no need to put all my eggs into 1 basket lor

perhaps you can enquire at your nearest RC

hi sleepy resolution,

Yes i called the CC. Grassroot leader can apply for any schools within the GRC.. there's a site in MOE to show u which GRC covers which schools. but to be grassroot leader is tougher, i was told by the CC its the MPs who pick who gets to join as grassroot leader.

i find it very sien if i volunteer, yet at the pt of registration they say I m not "snr" enough to be considered in ph 2B
sad.gif

Anyone know how great is the chance of getting into SJI Junior under Phase 2B if I live more than 2km? We are Catholics so we will come under Phase 2B. My first choice is SJI Junior but if I have to go through balloting, I thought a safer bet will be Maris Stella High.

Hi Moomoo & Hwey,

In 2006 (dragon yr), there's balloting under Phase 2B. I'm not sure if it's for within 1-2km or more than 2km. Maybe you want to call the school to find out.

blessed

seniority not by hours clocked & active participation?

If you are very keen on Tao Nan & no other alternative such as PV, grassroot leader is the last resort

any other primary schools near you? how about Temasek

hi sleepy resolution.

Seniority i mean the number of yrs joined. according to the guy, min 3yrs?!! i got a shock!

My son is born in 2004 but we will most likely register him there when time comes. Heard from my colleague whose 2 sons are there, that the school is extremely competitive since P1. They set very high standards. Her son had to do a 1 person project presentation in front of the whole class when he was in P1.

Hi hwey

Thanks for your feedback.

I am having 2nd thoughts as where to register. I can register my son @ St Gabriel at earlier phase cos his dad is an old boy. But then when comparing the two schools it seems Maris Stella is a much better choice. Wondering whether balloting is needed for Phase 2C within 2km?

Blessed,

Are you or spouse Hokkien, if yes, can join SHHK. Maybe got better fighting chance. :)

Good luck.

hi Rfbabe

yes we are both Hokkien
happy.gif
and planning to join SHHK (got all forms and stuff ready liao). BUT their application window close liao
sad.gif
..hv to wait till 2nd half of the yr...alamak like that means i join a few mths i must request for their endorsement to get Ph2b in taonan, tt's the worrying part.

i'm planning to be super active in the SHHK if i managed to join... my pil say to donate $ haha...i wanted to say "oh u come out with the $ for me to donate?" hahah

Hey mummies ,
Shall we do a poll. Then we know who to look for when we all get in to the school next year. And who to get test papers in future. ha ha

Let me start the ball rolling.

Chicken Little - Daughter - Aug 02 - Nanyang Pri

I'm a PV for a SAP School in Bedok but may need to ballot also. So still praying hard that can get in ; X Countdown to August

Gin,
re you referring to RS?
my hubby is grassroot of siglap, but i haven't decide on which school, RS or Temasek

Librao,
I think both RS and Temasek will need to ballot, unless you lives within 1km from the school - much much higher chance. Are you within 1km from any of these 2 sch?

Hi Blessed,
For SHHK, join first... so that when they have the council meeting... your application will be considered.

Also, if not mistaken, the longer you join, the better the chance. Good luck.

Hi Blessed and Rfbabe,

Could you further clarify these statements made by you earlier:

- Blessed: "planning to be super active as a SHHK member".

Why? I thought as a member, your child will automatically enrol under phase 2B, regardless of your level of activeness in the SHHK?

- Rfbabe: "the longer you join, the better the chance".

Is this true? Where did you hear it from?

Thanks. Would appreciate the above clarifications bcoz I'm also vying for Tao Nan. :)

Hi

I am new in this thread.

My boy will be in Primary 1 next year so will be registering him mid of this year.

Thinking of either:
1st choice - Holy Innocent @ Upper Serangoon
2nd choice - Montfort @ Hougang

We wanted these two schools because we are Catholic & easier to get in.

Compare between the 2 schools, Montfort will be easy to get in, while I heard last year Holy Innocent there is a ballot.

Any good reviews on Montfort? Pls share.

P/S: We are staying in Seng Kang.

Yes , depending on no. of vacancies vs applicants then they will decide whether to ballot . No 100% gurantee for PV and GR . Only siblings and parents are old boys or girls from the school then is 100% gurantee allocation .

Hi Alice,

Go to SHHK website... under the FAQ,it's stated. Also, if you call the staff there now regarding this year reg, they will tell you the same too.

E.g. If there are only 1 vacancy left, someone with who joined for 6 yrs as compared to 1 who joined for 1 yr, the one with 6 yrs will get it, provided both are just normal members.

Committee members get higher chance too.

Back