(2006/08) AUGUST 2006 MTB

Hi Augbb,
Dun feed jay any more bananas liao....it causes constipation leh according to my PD. Try apple, pear juice instead. Have heard abt prune juice but nvr try b/4.

Hi piyo,
I put shauna in cc when she's abt 22 months. I started with half day afternoon first as she's a late riser. Then after a few months, I changed her to full day but every time late lah
happy.gif
. That's because i wanted her to get used to her frens, teachers and surrounding first b/4 going full swing.

hi MH..

Zorian has always been sticky to me.. now he is very more jiat liat.. sometimes dun even want his daddy..

hi erin..

zorian also hates to take med.. we just force it in.. it is like catching pigs like that lor.. see him screamed very heartache but must force med down so he recover fast fast lor..

hi piyo..

zorian dun understand also.. now he loves to kick my tummy.. my parents in law and hubby has to pull him away.. guess have to slowly slowly tell him about this mah..

i dun intend to send zorian to CC till he is 3yrs old.. want to build up his immense system first.. he is very weak in the first place.. also dun want him to catch any virus and spread to no. 2... guess have to try to cope when the time come.. must always remember to spend quality time with no.1 if not they will feel neglected...

To all babies who are sick..

hope u will get well soon..
happy.gif

mommies, i hv arrnged the list from Kris, and there are missing b'days for many aug babies leh... could u pls help fill up so tat we can hv a complete list to keep?

Mummy 1st Kid Gender BD 2nd Kid Gender BD 3rd Kid Gender BD
Yoshi Shauna Female 26-Aug-02 Kieira Female 13-Aug-06
jesline Jia Hui Female 1-Aug-06
babyboy Keiran Male 1-Aug-06
cocomo Jayden Male 2-Aug-06
erin00 Kayden Male 5-Aug-06
leobbsmom Shervonn Female 5-Aug-06 TBA 0-Sep-08
augbaby Jayden Male 6-Aug-06 Jazzele Female 8-Oct-07
Whitelady Raygen Male 8-Aug-06
piyo Megan Female 15-Aug-06 TBA 0-June-08
kris Zorian Male 15-Aug-06 TBA 0-Jul-08
Doris Elysia Female 19-Aug-06
honeyB Hannah Female 21-Aug-06
Cynthia Natalie Female 21-Aug-06 TBA 0-Jun-08
rachel Ashley Female 21-Aug-06 TBA 1-Jul-08
superdad Dickson Male 26-Aug-06
leia Jadon Male 29-Aug-06
Jasmommy Jadelle Female 1-Sep-06
fiona Denise Female ? TBA 0-Jul-08
Catherine24 Charlotte Female ?
Butter8 Ryan Male ?
Crisann Crisann Female ?
racoon Justin Male ?
augustmum Noah Male ? Zac Male ?
Rain Reina female ?
honeyhaven Kayden Male ?
crispyapple Aden Male ? Avelyn Female ?
Kelly Gabe Male ? Edward Male ? Stella Female 0-Jan-08
pupsandcups Leon Male ?
Cjcookiesjar Kaefer Male ? Langyer Female ?
cheers Jadon Male ?

piyo,

hmm...the gathering sounded fun. Sorry din turn up as a bit sian to go out on sunday and noah was also down with flu. i was also sniffy. Popped pills and slept thru' out the afternoon yesterday.

I've updated mine

fiona Denise Female 18-Aug-06 TBA 0-Jul-08
Butter8 Ryan Male ?
Crisann Crisann Female ?
racoon Justin Male ?
Rain Reina female ?
honeyhaven Kayden Male ?
Kelly Gabe Male ? Edward Male ? Stella Female 0-Jan-08
pupsandcups Leon Male ?
cheers Jadon Male ?

mummies
thks 4 ur concern. i've been feeding him para every 4-6hrs. he was very lethargic in e early morn but back 2 norm in mid-morn. so heartache seeing him tis way.

erin, augbb, cocomo, augustmum & other mummies
hope ur bbs get well soon too.

fiona Denise Female 18-Aug-06 TBA 0-Jul-08
Butter8 Ryan Male ?
Crisann Crisann Female ?
racoon Justin Male ?
Rain Reina female ?
honeyhaven Kayden Male ?
Kelly Gabe Male 10-Oct-04 Edward Male 13-Jul-06 Stella Female 0-Jan-08
pupsandcups Leon Male ?
cheers Jadon Male ?

augbb
some time back, i gave diluted prune juice 2 edward when he didnt poo poo for a few days. didnt try e other alternatives cos i know prune juice helped.

piyo
if u hv help bringing megan home, y dun u consider putting megan for 1/2day CC during ur ML? mayb start 1mth b4 u pop? at least she's learning something, u can still c her in e afternoon. when u know she's home in e PM, u can arrange ur schedule wif ur 2nd one.

Hi augbaby,

Not sure whether Yakult works for constipation... but had given Jia Hui Yakult before.... & she loves it....

maybe u can boil some barley water for Jayden...it could be that Jayden is heaty so barley water should be abt to help... if not, give him more water & some fruits to eat... heard prune juice works but not sure which brand...never use that before...

Hi MH,
heard that if baby is clingy to u cos of 2nd pregancy, u can pluck 7 different type of flowers & bath her with that.... that what my friend tried when she's pregnant with 2nd...

mummies who hv #2 or #3,
juz 2 share something wif all of u...no matter at wat age u send ur kid 2 CC, PG, kindy, etc, they r bound 2 fall sick in e 1st 3-6mths.

speaking fr experience, i sent gabe who was 2yrs 2mths old 2 a church kindy, 3hrs everyday in Jan06. he was sick every mth in his 1st 6mths n my edward who was 5mths old when gabe started school, kenna all e sick bugs.

e worst episode was during apr-may when they had phlegmy cough & RN for 1mth+. saw 3GPs, 2PDs, took chinese med, took 3 different types of antibiotics b4 they got well completely.

i tried many ways & things 2 boost their immune system. almost tempted 2 buy some "feng-shui" thingy 2 put in their room. i can only say their immune system improved a lot in 2nd half of 2006.

when gabe started school tis yr, i was expecting him 2 catch e viruses again. he did catch RN earlier last wk but it was a brief n not-so-major episode. i can only guess tat his immune system is now stronger.

so watever age u plan 2 send ur kids, b prepared 4 all these sick episodes for ur #1 & #2. it's inevitable.

augbb
del monte prune juice. i drank tis when i was constipated for 4days after giving birth 2 edward too.

i was now 1-2cm dilated last thu. dunno abt now. going 2 c gynae 2mrw. u shld c me at piyo's hse. i was like empress dowager, sitting down all e time. i cant move much cos got irregular contractions + aches everywhere. sat too long, also pain. tat's y i'm dying 2 give birth. shld b tis wk lah. cant tahan anymore.

Piyo/leobbsmum/augbaby/kris/Jesline - I oso thing Gen dun understand that she is going to be a Jie Jie soon, tho' she knows inside my tummy there is a baby & she will lift up my top & kiss my tummy every nite & say nite nite.

Lately, she has been VERY clingy to me..Mama Mama all the time, wake up Mama Mama, play Mama Mama, i go anywhere oso Mama Mama.

Wants me to carry her all the time. At night is even worse, as she sleeps in between me & my hubby & these few weeks she has been sleeping on me esp on my tummy.Worst of all is in the middle of the night , she will wake up & cry & cry, insisting to sit on my lap & slp on my tummy..so this poor mummy here has to sit up to sleep till backside & backache & go to work very tired & sleepy.

But what to do..i feel guilty if i dun dote on her coz i dunno if next time when the little one is out, i hv that much time for her or not.

And Yes..she is getting Naughtier !

piyo
i saw tis in e jun06 thread. i m interested in tis trial...can u pls go find out? i m in "popping-soon" mode now.

***POSITIVE TOTS Programme Components include the following:-
yoga play
interactive story time
more fun and challenging movement exploration & expansion of locomotive, gross & fine motor skills
imitation / mirror play
guided object exploration to promote verbal skills and develop ability to follow instructions
imaginative play
positive discipline (understanding and appreciating boundaries)
expressive communication through postures/movements/body language/facial expressions
directed parent-forum with learning goal highlights

Either on a Wed @ 4pm (tanglin) or a Fri @ 11.15am-12pm (millenia walk) (pls state preference)***

1)
2)
3)
4)
5)
6)
7)
8)

anyone else interested?
YOGA 4 Baby

Give Your Baby A Great Head start & Have A Lot of Fun! Yoga4baby will give your baby a head start in emotional and physical learning and lay a solid foundation for a lifetime of learning and bonding together.

Together you and your child will learn exercises and techniques that will not only enhance the emotional bond but will also offer an endless list of health benefits.

These include:-
For Baby: Better Sleep
Increased Immunity
Improved Digestion & Circulation
May Help Relieve Wind & Colic
Greater Neuromuscular Development for the baby’s mobility

For Mum: Increased Parental Confidence
Reduced Stress & Anxiety
Reduced Risk of Postpartum Depression
Emotional Stability for Mother & Baby
Enhanced Sense of Well-being for Mother & Baby

Hi MH,

JH also very clingy to me these few weeks.... also ma ma all the time... from carrying her, feeding her, play with her, even for eating dinner, she will insist on siting on my lap & want me to feed her .. if ask her to sit on the chair or floor, she will hold very tightly & refuse to let go... will get angry if anyone try to carry her away..just cant be out of her sight....

during night time, sometime in the middle of the night, will cry & keep saying mama.. & so need to carry out of sarong & hold her in my arms & rock her to sleep... if put her on the bed, she will start to cry....

Hi mummies,
<font color="ff0000">re: trials</font>
guess what? Busybuddies called me back just 1 min ago and told me they can arrange for a private trial for us on SATURDAY! We can either choose this Sat or next Sat at 1.15pm. You can browse the details in this link:
http://www.busybuddies.com.sg/program.htm#alpha

are you all interested?

<font color="119911">Busy Bods
(1½ - 2½ Years)

Inquisitive toddlers are encouraged to explore and learn through hands-on activities

This is the age of mobility and exploration! – a fabulous time when each moment brings new discovery and understanding.. but also it can be one of the most challenging thanks to their tireless energy and so our Busy Bods programme is designed to keep minds and bodies fully engaged, with many opportunities to practice their new found skills.

We will enjoy plenty of physical games and activities, from parachute play to mini-sports, music and movement, hands-on cooking experiences, arts &amp; crafts, nature exploration including sand and water play. This is also critical phase for encouraging strong language development through stimulating language-rich stories and puppet shows. Songs and finger rhymes are enjoyed at a child-friendly pace that allows them to fully grasp the words and participate with the actions. We also begin to introduce alphabet letters and basic math concepts, like numbers, colours and shapes.

Children are encouraged to attend twice a week so they can enjoy regular contact with their friends and to enable them to build on the learning concepts covered over the weeks.</font>

<font color="ff0000">BUSYBUDDIES TRIAL - BUSY BODS
Trial fees $45
Max no. of tods: 12
Duration: 1.5hrs
Date and timing:
This Sat 26th Jan 1.15pm or
Next Sat 2nd Feb 1.15pm

Pls put your name/bb's name down so that we can do a poll which Sat we would like to go for?

This Sat 26th Jan 1.15pm
1. Piyo/Megan
Pls add on

Next Sat 2nd Feb 1.15pm
1. Piyo/Megan
Pls add on
</font>

Hi Kelly,
Great minds think alike! This is one of those in my list! I was browsing thru the web last sat on the Postive Tots liao... no weekend classes leh.. but I am preparing to make a call and ask personally... trying to arrange a few trials split among a few weekends b4 and after CNY?

Hi Augustmum,
No prob! Next gathering or trial perhaps?:p

Hi yoshi,
If I push back sending megan to CC till bb is out, it would be about 22-24mths too (they are 22mths apart)..

Hi Fiona,
My hubby thinks opposite of your hubby.He says "go in Mar" he dun understand what's so dif in deciding when to send her.. says I worry too much.. hymph! wait till all falls sick then it will hit him..

I also worry if I will haf bfg probs this time with no.2 and since I am stopping at 2, I hope can bf longer haiz..

hi Kris,
The principal in the CC told me the same thing as kelly. Sending at 18mths or 24mths or 36mths, bb will also fall sick.. it's inevitable.. and I saw live examples of dif age kids of my friends going to cc, all also fall sick...I am more worried about no.2 for this area.

Hi Jesline..

r u????

Hi piyo..

yeah i know.. but at least when zorian is 3yrs old, my no. 2 is about 1 yrs old.. immense system is better and wont be so heartpain when see them fall sick mah.. tat is why pushing it back as long as i can lor..

like u, also scare cant bfg my no. 2.. as u know my no 1 already prob.. now no2 scare cant also.. plus not much support during weekends.. tough to pump as and wen i want.. so just pray hard.. frankly this time round if cant, then just give bottle.. dun want to be too stress up lor..

kris
it is not true tat when ur #2 is 1yrs old, immune system is betta but i agree tat when #2 is 1yrs old, it's not heartpain when #2 falls sick.

kris, kelly,
i also agree..if no 2 older fall sick, not that bad...now when they r so young n fall sick, it might take them longer to recover plus so young need to take med like not so gd..hence i decide to not let jay attend CC or playgroup that soon

Hi Kelly,
Can call and ask again.. but after CNY, you would be in confinement most prob? Perhaps we see the response here 1st b4 I called and ask for alternative dates? only 1.5hrs nia :p

Btw, I have called the centres for positive tots prog.. no weekends...

How old was gabe when he 1st attend daily playgroups etc?

hi kelly/piyo,
ya i agree that whichever age we send to CC initially will still fall sick, but try to minimize risk lor...well, during periods when denise was sick, my hubby had a share of the terrible time so he must really dreads it that's why said no, or else usually he will let me decide de...hahaha

re: Bf
we shall try to persevere as long as we could...jia you!

pls include us,
BUSYBUDDIES TRIAL - BUSY BODS
Trial fees $45
Date and timing:
Next Sat 2nd Feb 1.15pm

Pls put your name/bb's name down so that we can do a poll which Sat we would like to go for?

This Sat 26th Jan 1.15pm
1. Piyo/Megan
Pls add on

Next Sat 2nd Feb 1.15pm
1. Piyo/Megan
2. Fiona/Denise
Pls add on

kRIS/augbaby

ha ha ha..... not expecting lah... but just dont know why JH is so clingy... haiz...

even for putting her to sleep, also want me... last weekend, stay at my mum house during weekend as usual &amp; slept at 10pm++ &amp; JH still playing with my sis... but when she sleepy, my sis brought her to the bedroom &amp; want to rock her but she cried &amp; keep beating me asking me to wake up &amp; rock her... so asked my sis to carry her into her sarong but she cried &amp; screamed so no choice... get up &amp; put her in the sarong &amp; asked sis to rock her but she also cried... she wants me to sit in front of her &amp; rock her till she slept.... haiz... cannot tahan

kris/kelly/augbb,
i also feel it's not so bad if our 2nd one fall sick later...very xin tong if have to take medicine so young...

jesline,
so r you expecting? ^^

MH, Gen looks so grown-up in this pic... so pretty! was that her first time attending wedding? Sherv has attended 3 so far... n__n

leobbsmom - Hehe Tks..Ya Gen looks very 'chao lao'..my MIL has been saying Gen been very chao lao looking since she was 8mths old haha. Yup, 1st wedding.Think her princess gown only valid for 1 time use haha..

Mummies,
sorry not able to turn up at Piyo's house as Jay was down with fever. Today discovered his face suddenly got some rash, brought to PD and did blood test, lucky nothing serious. Feeling very down today, think Jay had a nightmare after that blood test, keep showing me his finger and keep crying none stop. I dunno what to do also?! He dun wanna eat as well. I just feel like crying with him when saw him keep crying none stop.

Piyo,
Thanks for the medicine and thanks for both you adn your hubby's help and concern. Appreciate it!!!

hi piyo,
am interested but hubby going incamp from tom so unless he's out early then i can go.. however will put down my name first...

Trial fees $45
Date and timing:
Next Sat 2nd Feb 1.15pm

This Sat 26th Jan 1.15pm
1. Piyo/Megan
2. jokojoko/aidan
Pls add on

Next Sat 2nd Feb 1.15pm
1. Piyo/Megan
2. Fiona/Denise
3. jokojoko/aidan
Pls add on

hi piyo,

Trial fees $45
Date and timing:
Next Sat 2nd Feb 1.15pm

This Sat 26th Jan 1.15pm
1. Piyo/Megan
2. jokojoko/aidan
Pls add on

Next Sat 2nd Feb 1.15pm
1. Piyo/Megan
2. Fiona/Denise
3. jokojoko/aidan
4. Augustmum/ zac
Pls add on

hi cocomo..

cheer up.. maybe Jay is trying to tell u that his fingers pain pain?? if he does not want to eat, try to give him some other kind of food beside porridge.. maybe noodles, udon, bee hoon.. he is still not feeling well.. so maybe no appetite... he will get well soon..
happy.gif

Hi augbb,
I gave gerber bottled pear or apple juice, diluted
happy.gif

hi piyo,

Trial fees $45
Date and timing:
Next Sat 2nd Feb 1.15pm

This Sat 26th Jan 1.15pm
1. Piyo/Megan
2. jokojoko/aidan
3. Yoshi/Kieira
Pls add on

Next Sat 2nd Feb 1.15pm
1. Piyo/Megan
2. Fiona/Denise
3. jokojoko/aidan
4. Augustmum/ zac
5. Yoshi/Kieira
Pls add on

Hi Kelly,
Take care &amp; keep us updated when you pop ya
happy.gif

hi cocomo,
ya dun worry...Jay will get over it soon, maybe juz want more attention from mummy now. his appetite will come back once he's better.

i can't make it for the trial, taking my name out.
Trial fees $45
Date and timing:
Next Sat 2nd Feb 1.15pm

This Sat 26th Jan 1.15pm
1. Piyo/Megan
2. jokojoko/aidan
3. Yoshi/Kieira
Pls add on

Next Sat 2nd Feb 1.15pm
1. Piyo/Megan
2. jokojoko/aidan
3. Augustmum/ zac
4. Yoshi/Kieira
Pls add on

Hi mummies,
wanna test the response here b4 going bk to busybuddies, hands up if you would like the busybuddies trial to be pushed back to after CNY? or to stay put with the dates? If after CNY, which week is prefered?

Thanks!

Hi piyo,
would be glad if the trial can be arranged after CNY bcos i can't make it on these 2 Sats. Any weekend after that is fine. Thanks

Hi Mumies,

<font color="ff0000">re: maid woes</font>
Help! Can I hear your comments/possible actions on this?
We sounded our maid out recently and seemed to get the vibes from her that she may not be able to renew her contract when it ends in Oct
sad.gif

Dilemma:
1. No.2 due in June. Her contract ends in Oct. My maternity would end in middle Sep/early oct depending when bb is out. Timing clashes.
Shd I send her back b4 the contract ends? If yes, how early? end May? Jun? tot of having my Confinement lady to train my new maid when bb arrives. Currently, we r quite ok with this maid and she has not done anything wrong to warrant me to send her off earlier. Am I being mean to her in this sense? But if she leaves and new maid comes in Oct, I dun thk I can trust the new maid alone with no.2 like she with megan and I would haf just came bk from maternity leave, not nice to go on long leave again
sad.gif

2. If we r sending her off earlier, would you tell her b4 hand or just wait till the timing comes then ask her pack and leave? I find it mean but if I tell her b4hand, I scare she does anything farni in the house or with megan.

3. Does that mean that sending Megan to full day preschool earlier(say in Mar/Apr) looms even nearer?? Megan is very attached to my maid..I worry Megan will miss her alot and better to "de-link" them?

4. Megan may not take to new maid given this age when she can recognise famiiliar faces?

5. Any other concerns/actions that I should see to?

cocomo, thank God that the blood test came out okay. think Jay got a shock from the sting of the needle, maybe shld hv covered his eyes when they prinked him.. but i'm sure he'll be okay after a few days, just dun remind him of his fingers for a few days lor.. sayang him for me, poor little baby!

sherv also will point her cut or bruise to me whenever she hurt herself, and i realise she has good memory and can rmb for days... but after a while, she'll forget it herself la.

Piyo, think if the trial is after CNY, then hv to be at least 2 weeks later, coz I believe we will still be bringing our little one out for visiting ma, rite? that will mean 1 March??

Back