(2004/04) April Mummy

hi mummies
my gal is so active it's giving me a headache. she will play and play, giggle and giggle till i run outta stuffs to talk to her.. If I dun entertain her, she will cry for attention. And she always want to be held up so that she can stand on her feet. My cousin say this is one of the reflex the bb will go through. But it is so stressful and tiring..can't even have time to watch a show peacfully. She keeps fidgeting and wanting to stand. Her legs and arms are getting quite strong, think soon she will be able to turn over. My arms are so tired from having to hold her up and supporting her weight. Think in a month time, I am going to get muscle. Dun know should be happy or sad that she is so active.
crazy.gif
But everytime I start to become impatient she will giggle at me and my heart just melt out.

hi pink
so long didn't hear from you..how have you been? hope your bb is fine now. I am going to bring mine for the jab two weeks later. I was surprised when she didn't cry during her 2nd jab, hope she will be as brave for her 3rd one.
I am planning to get a part time job soon so that hubby will get me a maid. I getting tired of being a SAHM, so no freedom.. I practically have to devote all my time on her. Want to go out must plan a lot of things ahead first. And it is very troublesome to bring her out, cos she cant lay still in her pram... If I go work den got excuse get maid, hopfully it will get me more free time..

hi rain_drops & angel
all men seems alike. Once K.O, my hubby also canot be relive back even when the bb is crying on top of her lungs sleeping next to him! I have kinda lost hope on him already..

hi Rain_drops,

My MIL told me to get some 'yang shen', boil a bit (about 2pcs) with the 'um' from porridge (teochew style) and feed baby before going for jab. Mine will be going next week for his first jab - a bit scared also about the fever.

Actually my pd told me that 99% shouldn't have fever leh?

Hi April Mummies

My Baby boy is abt 11 weeks now. I dun know whether want to increase formula milk or not. Sometimes he cried 2.5hrs after feeding. Last time he usually drink abt 3hr interval. Now my mil feeding him every 2 hrs even he is not crying cos she dun want him 2 cry. Dun know how leh...

hi rain_drops,
yup..u're right. gynae said my boy will be abt 3.2kg at full-term.

hi joy_apr,
in tat case, dun force urself too much, mus let ur body fully recover 1st. many pple manage to lose wt af going back to work, cos now need to handle work, family n bb.
i may stay at hm for a while to take care of bb af delivery.

Hi,this is Rain_drops.I'm using this nick temp,will use back Rain_drops soon.

Pink,Thks for the info.I'm not going to take the risk.My fren asked me to buy the fever strip just in case.

Joy_apr,
I really regret not going for the malay massage.Do you think it's late for me to start now?Me same as you,gain most of the weight at the lower part of the body but I'm more concerned about my waist.

Mel,I must agree that you must be very tired caring for ur girl since she has burstful of 'energy'.But it's worthwhile,she could be one of those fast learners.

Qhl,
I heard about this method too.Maybe I'll ask my MIL to prepare.

cutecute,does ur boy cry after he finish his milk?Does he gulp milk very fast?These are a few signs that he may not be full.By increasing his milk,it might be substanial enough to 'tahan' for 4hrs.But if ur MIL intend to feed him every 2hrs,should halve the quantity.

Sanrio,
may I know who's ur gynae?Will he/she be the one to deliver ur bb?Mine's Dr John Tee,quite a smiley chap.Very professional.

Mummies,
did anyone of u experience what I'm experiencing?I was told by my gynae to expect my menses to come 2mths-8mths later.Little did I expect it to come on the 6th week for five days.I thought the next time will be in Jun but it came back five days later and last for 3days.Since then my menses come almost every week and I haven't stop 'bleeding'.I'm supposed to see my gynae tmr for pap smear and at the same time to ask him about my condition but my menses came today!So sickening.Is it abnormal?

Hi Raindrops,
My menses came a few days after my discharge (locia) ended. Think the discharge took abt 1 mth to subside and menses abt 1 wk. There was only a few days interval in between. Was quite vexed and asked my gynea and he said that is normal for some esp those tat stop bfing. Are u aware tat u not suppose to do ur pap smear when u r having ur menses?

So sorry to all mummies for the late response. Have been staying @ my mum's place for the past few days, hence no access to the internet.

I have juz brought Reon for her 1st 6in1 jab today, costs me $105....no fever coz my family doc said that it was the "whopping cough" jab that causes the fever, but the 6in1 jab does not have it....

As for the information, I will need:
1)Nick
2)Real Name
3)Mobile phone/Residential (Optional)
4)Address
5)Email Add
6)Delivery Date
7)Baby's Name & Birth Weight
8)SAHM/Working

Do send the particulars to my email: leemei_24@yahoo,com.sg

hi rain_drops,
hello Cherish
happy.gif
she's so adorable..
my gynae is dr sheila loh. yes she will deliver my bb. she is vy nice but her waiting tx is super long, can b 3hrs..

hi Rain_drops,

me same as u .. my menses came back after 6th weeks and it last for 5 days .. but my menses stop since then ...
think u better check with gynae on why this happen ...

hi rain_drops,

Cherish's adorable! Ya, got lots of hair.
I think it's still not too late to go for the Malay massage. I did mine on the 5th week cos' c-section must wait aft 3 weeks then can do massage. I will be going back to do one more massage on the 3rd month for the auntie to push up my womb. Becos' of my c-wound, she can't do it then.

I am also wondering when my menses will be coming. My discharge took 1 month.. but last few days, I have small drops of discharge..not sure if menses coming or it is still the discharge??

Hi Cutecute,
How much is your boy drinking? You feeding him formula? If so, it's not wise to feed him every 2hr interval with the same quantity esp. when he's not crying. Formula is harder to digest and his small stomach has to work v hard to digest.. and do check his stools if it's like small little balls when passed out. Sometimes my boy will pass out such stools and it takes him alot of effort to pass out..until his face will go red as he exerts force to push out the stools..that the result of formula. You may want to try feed ur boy with water, if he still cries for more, it's a sign he is really hunger. That's what I did with my boy.

Hi Ocean & joy apr

Thanks for yr advise.
Actually I dun know how much he drink the formula milk, I usually give him 110ml but his milk always flow out from his mouth while drinking, so I est it abt 90ml drank. He also drink milk very fast. When I want to bring him up for burp, he will cry until I put him in spring cot. Dun know why leh.
I intend 2 increase to 125ml and see how loh..

hi apr_joy
who's your massgae lady? I am thinking of doing it again since my first one wasn't very good. So disappointed with my massage lady. How much does she charge?

hi cutecute
how much ,milk is your boy taking in now? Does he finish all his milk everyfeed? If so maybe you should try increasing the amount. My gal is now on 150ml of formula. It is a good idea to feed your boy more water especially when he is on formula.

hi rain_drops
YOur Cherish got so much hair, so envy. My gal still bota since she cut her hair when she was one month old.

hi all, haven't been around for the past few days. how's all babies doing?
happy.gif

hi raindrops,
cherish's cute, how many weeks is she now?
better check with your gynae asap. Don't think menses suppose to be continuous after lochia. For me, I just had my 1st menses last Sunday, 2.5 months after I gave birth. I noticed that the flow is heavier than that prior to my pregnancy...hope it will clear in 1 or 2 day's time...

Angel13,
I called up KKH yest and the nurse told me to observe.If the spotting is light,I still can go for my appt.But I was told that my gynae will not be in today due to surgery and my appt has been rescheduled.I asked the nurse and she said it's normal to experience this for 6 weeks after the 1st menses.I wanted to ask for 2nd opinion fm TMC,paged the 24hr postnatal hotline and waiting for response.Guez what.Mrs Wong of TMC returned call and told me to see my gynae and prepared me what to expect.She said it could be due to hormone changes or some residue left in my womb.Although the latter sounds more serious but she assure me that I should go my appt next week to check.I'm more relieved now.

Li_may,my GP charges $120.I find it quite ex.Will enquire more places abt prices.

sanrio,3hrs is extremely long!You are almost due otherwise I'll advise you to switch to Pte Suite.Only a little more ex than normal clinic.

Joy_apr,the Malay auntie charges by session or package?I still considering coz I alady spend alot on slimming.Can't bear to spend too much now.

cutecute,
check the teats.Maybe the hole is too big that the milk flow out from his mouth.He may not be hungry to gulp milk,it could be the speed of the milk flow is fast and he got to gulp faster to catch up.My girl used to be like that until my MIL noticed the Avent teat that I used is 2-holed and ask me to change the teat to a one hole.Cherish will cry on top of her voice the moment I remove the milk bottle from her mouth.What I do is I give her 'warning' 1st by saying-"almost finishing,darling" then I lifted her up against my shoulder to burp her and at the same time to counter-attack her cries.

Pris,Cherish is 10 weeks old now.

Cherish:"Coo...Gaa....Coo......Gaa...."
Translated to :"Thank you aunties for your nice compliments.My mummy can't bear to cut my hair coz she said cut alady very sayang,but she don't know that the weather is so hot and I perspire so much so that my hair smells,Yucks."

Hi Mel
Got feed him water, he drinks abt 20ml per feed after 1.5hr feeding milk. Skip when he is asleep.

Hi Rain drops
I still use Avent-smallest hole for newborn. Tried to change to nuk but result still the same, so I switched back to Avent. I also tell him to drink slowly.
I tell him that the milk is almost finishing but he still cry leh. Maybe due to wind?

Cutecute,
My baby had that problem of spilling his milk all over like he is trying to have a milk bath when we 1st used the avent bottle too. My MIL recommended the aprica Dr Brown bottle which we find is much better. Less spills and suppose to prevent baby from sucking in wind while feeding.

If he keep crying after feed cld be due to discomfort in his tummy due to wind so have to either burp him properly or prop him in upright position.

Btw, how old is your baby? Mine drinks abt 180ml every 3 hrs now. Trying to drag his feed longer.

hi Cutecute /angel

my boy is using aprica Dr Brown bottle.. it really good .. no air /bubble generate when he is drinking . and he enjoy drinking from this bottle too ..

Hi Angel
When I changed the bottle, my mil always said that my baby was not used to it.
My Baby is 11 weeks old. How old is yr baby?

cutecute,
My baby is 8 wks old. Think baby will adjust to the new teat after a while. That's what happen to my son.
Like what aloe says the Dr Brown bottle is quite good. Got heat indicator inside the bottle too. But a bit ex compare to the other bottles.

Hi mel / rain_drops

My massage lady is called Kartini. Her charges is $60 per session for 7 days. A bit on the high side cos' she has prof cert. If u r staying in Pasir Ris area, then it is $50 per session (cos' she stays in PR). Her contact: 90091493

Mel, how old is your girl? Drinking 150ml formula.. My boy will be 8 wk old this Sat,drinks 100ml.

Hi Angel,
Your boy is 8 weeks but drinks so much 180ml! Is he on formula or breastmilk? If formula, it is alot..my boy almost same age as yours, drinks only 100ml.

Hi joy_apr,
My son is on formula. In fact he have been drinking 180ml for at least 2 wks liao. In fact, everyone that knows us commented that he is drinking alot for his age. Even the Pd & nurses also says that. Think he wants mommy n daddy to go broke. :p

hi rain_drops,
yup the wait is vy long. we almost wanted to switch to pte suite earlier. but dr sheila loh does not c patients there, she is too busy oreadi. since we're quite comfi w her so din change loh.. gd tat i need not take leave to c gynae, inform boss okie.

Btw, how u girls play with your baby? Sometimes when mine is awake and refuses to zz I am at a lost to what to say to him and how to play with him. I am not that creative when it comes to playing with a baby. :p

hi Angel,

My son about 11 weeks old. I just keep repeating the same things....lucky he still finds it entertaining.

Your son really takes in a LOT of milk! My son can do max 125. sometimes (esp at 8am) he only manages 60-80mL before zzZZZZ.

You do know that if you buy from distributor in bulk, it's way cheaper right?

QHL,
Erm.. not sure abt the buying in bulk. My son is drinking Dumex. How to get the distributor? Do they deliver to our place?

Hi Angel
I usually talk to my son (chit chat) or play baby CD for him to listen. The music are quite nice and he will smile when he heard his fav music
happy.gif
Good for his brain too. U can also give him things with red, white and black for him to see, its will ent him.
I also interested to get distributor.
Sometimes when u r free can c c look look at the hdb provision shop as some of them r selling slightly cheaper (abt $1 diff). My son is drinking Enfalac A+SA. I bought it at NUTC cos there r no prov shop nearby selling baby milk.

Hi cutecute,
I do play music for my baby but thats only to calm him down or put him to sleep. When he is awake, I do try to talk to him ( often nonsensical stuff) or show him some pics that I printed out for him. Lately he have developed a interest at staring at the musical mobiles but I am running out of things to entertain him. :p

I usually buy my milk powder at the provision stall near my place. Is abt $1 cheaper than NTUC & Cold Storage.

Btw, where are you residing?

So you gonna give the Dr Brown bottle a try?

cutecute,if u suspect it's due to wind,maybe u can burp in the middle of the feed,see if it's better.Where do you live?I can get Enfalac A+SA at $27 at medical hall compared to NTUC's $29.99.I've checked with babymilk website.They actually sell $27.20 each provided that u buy 12 tins from them.If u live near me,I can buy and pass to u.

Angel,got heat indicator is good leh.I normally agar-agar.Tat's why sometimes the milk can be too cold.Where is it available?I bought a telephone-shaped rattle toy for Cherish and I'll shake it or placed it near her ears.Then she'll look hard and smile.The brand is Sassy only $5.90 b4 -20% at Kiddy palace.If not I will borrow boardbooks from library to read to her and show her the pics.
Did someone called u to offer u buy 6tins free 2 tins?If not,u may call Dily at hp:91476938 and said ur fren intro u.If she ask who,tell her Amy fm Bedok,bb delivered at KK.One time offer only.

Joy_apr,I'm living at Bedok.Wonder if can enjoy the 'special' price or not.heehee

sanrio,
u're lucky to have a easy-going and understanding boss.

cutecute,I only play classical music-Cannon in G during Cherish's bedtime.Wan to 'cultivate' her to listen the same music and fall asleep.That case I don't have to sing laullaby.

Raindrops,

You can get the aprica Dr Brown bottle at Robinson or Takashimaya. Its $19.90 / bottle ( the big 1). I don't seem to be able to find it in other departmental store. Actually I saw another type by Fisher Price. Much cheaper but dunno if it is as good or not.

As for the milk powder, I didn't get any call from Dily. Er,...she from KKH? I delivered at TMC. So no such lobang. :p

As for music, I'll either play nursery rhymes or classical music for my son.

Hi Angel
I lived at Yew Tee.
I have not try Dr Brown bt yet.

Hi Rain_drops
Bedok & Yew Tee, too far liao, but anyway thanks for yr help.
Have also check the wedsite but dun know it is good or not.

Hi Rain_drops
I tried to burp in the middle of the feed but end up crying once I removed the bt. So no choice have to finish the feed.

Cutecute,
Sometimes my son also cries when I try to burp him in the middle of the feed but you got to try still if its not too bad as sometimes the cries is due to discomfort in the tummy caused by wind. Initially I also heart pain to see him cry but hubby and MIL told me to carry on espcially if he wrigger alot.

There was once when he fell asleep 1/2 way thru feed and my MIL remove the bottle wanting to burp him and at the same time wake him out. When the teat left his mouth only, he screamed crying at the top of his lung. Both MIL and I was so amused and my MIL told him its his fault coz he fell asleep 1/2 way and refused to drink.
lol.gif

hi Angel,

Your son so cute....I just love/hate it when my son sleep halfway and then cry cos hungry later.

I think it's better to risk burping, otherwise if the tummy got wind, lagi worse. Sometimes I just hold my son very straight and he will automatically burp. Dun even need to pat!

QHL,
My son is very naughty but sometimes his action quite funny loh.
biggrin.gif

Its quite hard to burp my son. He takes a long time to burp and sometimes when he burp, esp when I place him lying agst my chest he will regurgitate milk on me so I end up smelling yucky all the time.

my mum say if baby got a lot of wind in tummy, the eye white will be slighty bluish in colour.

hi apr_joy
my gal 11 weeks now. 150ml small case compare to Angel's.

Did the massage she did for you really works? As in like yout tummy smaller? $60 is almost double the price i paid for mine! But if she really so good, think i can close one eye and bear with the heart pain.

hi angel QHL
sometimes i also run outta stuffs to talk to her. But i am trying to introduce her greetings like, Good morning, afternoon and evening. Think my effort pay off cos sometimes when i greet her for example 'Good Morning' she will 'goo goo' back as if she is also greeeting me.

QHL Angel cutecute
even though of buying it from JB? My daughter is drinking Enfalac A+SA. My hubby will go JB every once awhile to stock up milk powder and diapers. Think the milk powder was RM$44 or RM$49 wherelse spore cost about SDG$29.

hi Mel,

I think may not be advisable to buy milk powder from JB. Apparently, the ingredients they put in are different - the ones sold in Singapore supposed to be better. But then again, sometimes I see tins of powder in supermarket that look like its imported from MYS also...dunno what to think.

But diapers, wet wipes, etc I will buy. Brands like Tollyjoy/Annaku are way cheaper in JB...even JL warehouse sale cannot fight!

cutecute,
Actually my mum helps me to buy from a medical hall at Teck Whye.I go back to CCK every Sat.If u like,maybe I ask me to get more then I can mit u at CCK Mrt stn and pass to u.

Angel,Dily is not staff from KK.She's a tele sales of a trading co dealing with the import of Dumex and softlove diapers.I remember telling her that my fren also let her bb drink Dumex and ask if I can intro her to my fren.She said to call her or give her my fren's contact.U can save alot but provided that u have the space to store.

Qhl,I think it's a misconception.No offence to anyone.Those packed by and imported fm New Zealand is ok,but the quality of those imported from NZ but packed in somewhere else can be doubtful.But I also can't resist the temptation to buy alot if I have the chance to go.Got bb hard to go anywhere.

Mel,let me guess.U muz b living somewhere near Woodlands?

Anyone visited the JL warehouse sale?I went for the Motorshow and visited the sale after that.The place really like lelong sale.Don't understand why so many ppl bought a lot over there.I saw no brand bb coordinates going at $1.50/pc only.What a bargain.

Raindrops,
I wanted to go to the JL sale too but wed got surgery then thurs got to stay at home rest n ty till this wkend got to take care of bb so can't go.
sad.gif

Ty bb never finish all his feed. Most of the time only drinks abt 150ml. Dunno isit coz we keep saying he drinks alot. My MIL calls him guni de (milk pig)coz he drinking alot for bb his age.
sad.gif

Hi Angel
When I tried to burp him in sitting position, his body went flat, I think he's trying to tell me he dun wan. When I change to up-right position, he will wriggle and his head knocked against my face, I can feel the pain. If no burp and he can't stop crying after sometimes, I have no choice but to put him in spring cot, then he win already loh!

Hi Rain drops
I just managed to find a provision shop at Bukit Batok near my mil house cost $28 per tin.
happy.gif
May I know r u also feeding Enfalac A+SA?

cutecute,
when my son finish his feed and wants to sleep his body will go limp also but if I dun burp him n let him sleep he will regurgitate milk after awhile and will cry. So I will try my best to burp him. If i cant burp him in the sitting position, I will place him upright, instead of head on my shoulder, I place his head agst my chest so when his head knock agst me, the impact not so hard. Maybe you can try that.
If baby cry after feed and not due to hunger, most likely its due to wind in the tummy.

cutecute,
Yup,Cherish is taking Enfalac A+SA and luckily she can poo poo everyday.Coz the last time when she's still taking Dumex,she got consipation and only poo poo after 3days!The stools were hard and she cried loudly.Glad u manage to find cheap bargain.Can save a lot in long run.

Angel,are u better now?How come u need surgery?I would like to try ur method coz it's more and more difficult to burp Cherish.Do u have to lay down b4 u place my boy boy on ur chest?

It's bb Cherish's day out.This is the 1st time my hubby and I brought Cherish go shopping at Suntec.Boy I was glad she's well-behaved.So far she only fussed a bit when the place's noisy.By the way,Kid's mall at suntec is now having storewide less 20%.

For all SAHM,look out.I flipped thru Straits times-Recruit today and noticed Republic poly(NEW) is looking for home-based admin associates. Do check out this website for details.
http://www.rp.edu.sg/careers/others/index.asp#admin

Raindrop,
Usually i'll be sitting down, leaning agst the sofa or bedrest when I try to burp him agst my chest. More comfy for both of us. Muz remember to position him as upright as possible if not oso no use.

Went for surgery coz my pap smear results shows pre-cancerous cell so have to remove them before it gets worst. Dunno isit coz of the G.A. feels dizzy at times.

I still dun dare to bring my son out coz scared he fuss. At most is to see doc, go MIL's place or my grandma's place.

Hi, All Mummies...

Can see that most of the babies are drinkin Enfalac A+..I am staying in Jurong West...The medical hall outside my place is sellin $27/tin and I juz bought a carton recently as the medical hall was commenting that the price of the milk powder might rise..

Talking abt music, when i was expecting my elder gal, i palyed music to her literally everyday through out my pregnancy, and rite now, whenever she is sleepy or grumpy, once i play the music for her, she juz quiets down or falls asleep. U all can try Kevin Kern's collection. As for my younger one, she loves Maksim.....fast music to calm her down.

Here is an updated pic of Reon:

110891.jpg

Hi mummies,

Haven't logged on for quite some time. How is everybody doing?

Seems like a lot of our babies are drinking Enfalac A+. My bb is drinking that too and I can get it at $27 per tin from a provision shop near my home in AMK.

Noticed that my gal is drinking very little compared to most of the bb here. She is 10 wks now and is still drinking 80 - 100 ml every 3 - 4 hrs. Don noe whether I'm underfeeding her or not. Did not increase the amt b'cos sometime she cannot even finish her milk. However, sometimes she could finish everything quite fast.

Li May, Rain_drops,
Reon and Cherish are very cute!

Angel,
I'll try out the method,I hope I'll get it right.
Sorry to hear abt ur op.Doesn't it hurt alot?Are u better now?Have more rest,okie.

Li_May,
Reon is funny with that grin on her face.Is she born with double eyelids?I'm starting to worry abt the rise in prices of milk powder coz the website I frequented is temp down due to revision of prices.I quickly asked my mum to buy a few more tins for me.

hi mummies
can share with me which stroller you bought for your bb? I have not bought mine and don't know which brand is good.

Back