1 year old birthday celebration

cloud9mummy

Hi mummies,

I'm intending to celebrate my son's 1st year old birthday next month March 2006 but have no idea how about doing it. I've ever thought of catering food at my place but so boring... coz I did that for his one-month old man yue.

Any ideas or place to share that I can use to celebrate his first birthday party? I would only like to invite family and close friends. Dun intend to do a big one.

I'm starting to panic a little coz I've only 1 month away to plan and organise. Looking forward to hearing from you!

Thanks!

Hi,

me too... i'm also thinking about what to do for my girl's 1st year in may.

one of my friends booked a chalet so that both sides of her relatives & some friends could go.

actually, having it at your own home can be ok what. not like they know anything now. you can do more "fun-er" stuff when he's older.

My daughter b'day in April. I have booked a chalet at Loyang Aloha. Planned to have BBQ... Still thinking whether to have Catering or just BBQ....

Nw thinking of wat cake to order...

Hi just to share my opinion
for my son's 1st birthday party, i booked a chalet and prepared for BBQ as well as catering..

my friend ordered a cake from creative bake for him..not a 3D one though..but big enough for everyone
happy.gif

Just to share my opinion,

i book the bbq pit at my hse void deck.. cater buffet as well as prepared for BBQ. order a cake from creative but not 3D type. Order coin tin and chocolate with my gal pic and some wording on the coin tin and wappers of the chocolate. and bought some party gifts for the kids.

hi mummies,

my girl's birthday is next month and like you, i've headache over what cake to choose, can you tell me where is creative? and do they have the simple design with the no 1?

thanks!

Hi Mummyluv,

I ordered my son 1 yr b'day cake from Jack's place at causewaypoint. I like the design which is something different (just a number 1). The cake is quite big. All of my friends say it's nice.But it's slightly expensive. If you invite a lot of people, it's worth.

hi loveyboy,

Can you tell me what is the kg and how much you paid for the cake? Cause I"m looking at creative cake and it's costs $158 for 3kg. But then it's simply too beautiful to just cut it up and eat it. haha..

I booked a chalet at Changi for my son's bday...catered food for all the guests. We actually had 2 sessions, the afternoon session celebration was for family and relatives and the evening session celebration was for all our friends...so we had 2 birthday cakes for him
happy.gif
)

I ordered his bday cake from Secret Recipe...yummy (seems like its more for the adults then kids..keke...)

hi.. i am planning to hold my daughter's 5th birthday and son's birthday together at Chervon which is located at Jurong... wondering whether will it be too inconvenient for my guests coz some of my relatives stay in Yishun.. any opinion?

Bel,
I just had my boy's one yr old bday at the Chevrons. I had guests from Yishun, and invited guests from East side too... they drove there so no problem.

I hold my son party in school with a nicely crafted birthday cake of volcanos with lava and dinosaur specially make to order 1 month in advance.

Then i give away goodies bags amounting from around $3 - $5 each time to all the kids in the school.

hi zyp... u held the birthday at one of the ballroom or chalet? Thought of making use of one of their ballroom for half a day and cater buffet.

did anyone invite all relatives etc for the first year bd? we did that for manyue, so tot of doing something different, other than the usual buffet catering at home ....

hihi,

i'm planning for my son's 1st birthday..

tot of preparing some goodies bag for the kids..anyone can advise me wat normali is in a goodie bag???

hi sunset,
its normally candy, cookies, raisins.. mainly snacks or small toys.. u can find bulk of these at concourse mall where they do wholesale

sunset,

saw some stationery shop selling pre-pack goodie bag @$1 each. Save the trouble for packing yrself!

i am too celebrating my girl's 1st birthday in oct. gng to do catering and chocolate fountain for relatives. friends? likely only the best buddies are invited..

Read that there is a company that rent out chocolate fountain,with free chocolate inlcuded. Was telling my friend it's quite a good idea to rent.

Cos buy the chocolate fountain only use for party,take up a lot of space.

So I guess you are getting a caterer which provide the chocolate fountain.

tt's my friend's company.. kekek.. thechocolatefountain.com.sg ... her name toni.
happy.gif

getting neo garden for buffet, then get my pal to do the fountain

hi Carole,

i like your idea of the chocolate fountain..now then know there's rental service avail..hehe

I'm thinking of catering for a tea reception at home for my boy's 1 year in August. Does anyone have any opinion on Four Seasons Catering or Eatz Catering? Anyone tried either one before? How's the food?

Hi Elixir... hv not try Four Season, but hv tried Eatz Catering(under Jacks Place rite?).

Took the $12 asian menu... the set up is nice... got a pot of flowers for deco somemore... not like the others tat i've tried all look so boring...
happy.gif
i change the achar to potato salad w/o top up... all my frend n relative like the food...
happy.gif
the pineapple rice n mee siam yum yum...
happy.gif

I just had my gal's 1st b-day at RiverCity Restaurant at excelsior hotel level 4. I book a private room(have to spend min $289)and there are 2 tables in it with KTV; i have only used 1 thou since i have only 11 pax.

The food is quite nice(it's our second visit since our ROM celebration) with resonable pricing.

Hey! I am interested in the contacts for Eatz catering. can anyone PM me? My gal 1 year birthday in december now cracking my head... Thks ya!

hi...anyone try the birthday cake from creative floral & cake design?...i am planning of getting a cake for my boy's one yr old birthday...creative cake seems to have very interesting cakes from the website...they also provide free delivery...but just wonder if the cake itself is nice too...

Rachel H: What is the name of the shop you mention in Coucourse Mall?

Apple 04: Where is the shop that you mention?

Thanks so much.....

xyzmama,

u mean the pre-packed goodies bag? i saw it at my plc(wdland),it was jus an ordinary stationery shop. saw some pre-packed with pencil box come wif pencil,sharperner,sticker or some wif biscuit,sticker,pencil,small toy....if remember correctly
happy.gif

public an rent but only in advance for 3 months, members 6 months in advance & public rates are higher

anyone knows if their authorised caterers are good?

hi hi my son is turning 1 yr old on 21st... den we thinking of engagaing a buffet for him... any one knows where to get those hoe buffet catering company... cheap cheap... for about 50 ppl

Hi Teenie,

The Chalet is at Aranda Country Club. It's veri spacious with 2 big bedrooms.

We used their in house caterer. Comments on the food is quite good.

We had about 60 guests which i think its just nice ( not too big, not too small crowd)

We ordered a Number 1 summer time carrot cake from Room for Dessert.It was yummy yummy

We DIY the chocolate bar wrappers and give it as favours to all our guests.

It was fun planning this party.

We had a veri memorable celebration there.

hi fuji apple..

i m holding my ger 1YO at aranda 2 next mth.. can check wif u hor.. btw do they provide utensils in d kitchen? n how much u paid 2 use their in hse caterer? buffet style?

Hi Taurus,

Aranda do not provide kitchen utensils in the kitchen.

They onli provide a kettle for boiling water.

There is a fridge in the kitchen but the fridge is quite small.

They have 2 menu for selection. I took the 16++ per pax menu.

Yes. It is buffet style.
happy.gif

I hv my boy 1 yr old bday celebration @ Orchid Country Club. Hv ard 100+ guests, seems like is my wedding. Very cosy n nice enviroment..

Given by 10 tables with chairs as well.

Cake fm Cake Avenue

Back