April 2018 Mummies

I spot since week 5 now in week 7. Sometimes if i walk too much i will soak my panty liner.seen doc 4 times. Doc mentioned there is blood clot near the sac and baby heart beat is strong. So i also dont know what to do except go for injection every week to stabilize baby.

Try not to walk so much and bed rest as much as possible.
Do not carry heavy stuffs and small movements.

The injection is a progesterone support, it should help.

Stay positive (though I know it is really hard to but for baby sake, you have to!) and have confidence in your baby.

Try not to walk so much and bed rest as much as possible.
Do not carry heavy stuffs and small movements.

The injection is a progesterone support, it should help.

Stay positive (though I know it is really hard to but for baby sake, you have to!) and have confidence in your baby.

Thank u for ur encouragement!

Just a small reminder for mummies going for confirnment nanny, rmb to book them early before their slots are all taken up!
i just got mine booked :)

Both Oscar and Harmony/Panorama will not just indicate High/Low risk but with a ratio for 3 trisomies.

Oscar yields a lower accuracy as it takes a few factor including maternal's age into consideration, hence might not be favourable for mummies at a higher age. While for Harmony/Panorama, it takes the blood specimen from mother which consist fetus's blood as well. Harmony/Panorama yields a higher accuracy but still, neither Oscar nor Harmony/Panorama is diagnostic method.

You may wish to do some research prior to your test date to have a better understanding between these 2/3.[/QUOTEthank you! I am doing some research now

Any recommendations? Is it actually too early to book?

The one i am using is recommended by my sis.
she used her before. her hubby's side sis-in-laws all using her too. apart from her i dunno anyone else alr! my friends said good ones slot taken up really fast. so need to book first

The one i am using is recommended by my sis.
she used her before. her hubby's side sis-in-laws all using her too. apart from her i dunno anyone else alr! my friends said good ones slot taken up really fast. so need to book first

I have a preference for nanny who doesn't take a job prior to April like in March becoz Hard to say if any delay in previous customer or earlier in mine. Is this a fair expectation ?
I prefer to get through word of mouth but agency offer backup option.
It is really depending on preference

mine is not from any agency. she is recommended and hired before by people i know!
she is a malaysian. unsure how they found her initially also. i guess by word of mouth.

feeling so nausea and dizziness these days. keep waking up to go toilet at night. At work, i am just hoping to go home. so xinku. :(

Yes . same here. feeling ultra terrible. argh.
i gave up and took mc today. will the gp give me mc if i tell her i didn't go work cos of my morning sickness?

Yes . same here. feeling ultra terrible. argh.
i gave up and took mc today. will the gp give me mc if i tell her i didn't go work cos of my morning sickness?

Yup they will, I went to my gp and just told him my condition, he charged me consultation fees only and 2 days mc... but my mc will deplete very fast, now only 1st trimester already used so many days of mc, how to survive.

Im also at the decision point of either Oscar or Panorama. Dr Geraldine Tan said that Oscar test shd be good enough and not so costly but I think i need to have a higher accuracy to sleep properly so will still go for Panorama. Although there is really big difference in cost. Plus im close to 40.

Seems that once you go for Pano test, you can tell the gender of the baby immediately. Im close to 12 weeks now.

How can we go abt booking confinement nanny? Do they have to stay with us? I stay in a very small apartment. Any advise?

Im also at the decision point of either Oscar or Panorama. Dr Geraldine Tan said that Oscar test shd be good enough and not so costly but I think i need to have a higher accuracy to sleep properly so will still go for Panorama. Although there is really big difference in cost. Plus im close to 40.

Seems that once you go for Pano test, you can tell the gender of the baby immediately. Im close to 12 weeks now.

How can we go abt booking confinement nanny? Do they have to stay with us? I stay in a very small apartment. Any advise?

What I found out so far about confinement nanny is most of them stay with you unless you specify you don't need them too. However as most private nanny u engage directly are likely to be frm Malaysia and they don't have a residence in SG ..(although some may somehow have a residence in SG) u may have limited choices. Going to an agency is a good option becoz agency has the capability to match to your need better as well with backup option .. this is my dilemma too whether find a private nanny or through agency. However I m not making the decision now my MIL is making the choice for me..
Despite a small apartment I tik most nanny are fine to sleep same room as baby and like a mattress on the floor next to baby.
If I have a stay in nanny I would make This arrangement becoz I don't have a big place too..
I Guess U would appreciate to have someone to help u feed baby or look after baby while u sleep.. and rest at night. My Friend told me getting enough rest at night for 1st month mummy is key to recuperating well..she did try to pump and let baby latch while at night but sometimes her body just told her to rest...and with baby crying al the time she find it exhausting to keep pacifying baby at night ..

I Guess I would advice u to discuss with u Husband and family on what help you want to get from the nanny and then make ur decision from there..

Hello Mummies, any of you experiencing gas pain on your tummy? I have quite a pain on my lower abdomen and it feels like gas pain.

I recalled I have gas pain during my first pregnancy, but not this bad..

11 weeks but still feeling bloated and nausea, is it normal. Appetite has not improve:( Always feel fatigue too.

Last edited:
Yes all... I fully agreed on the tiredness. Usually after work I come straight home to rest. No mood for anything like shopping or gathering with frens. I think I saved loads of money!

I cannot finish any meal nowadays. Even 6 pieces of nuggets i start feeling like vomitting after 2nd piece. Also eating and drinking is a chore as there is a whole big list of nono foods and fruits and drinks. I have totally avoided coffee, tea and cold drinks.

Hope we can all quickly promote to the 2nd trimester soon!

I was on a no caffeine drink diet also. But cold drink, i tried as hard as possible but is not really possible. Sometimes the nausea feeling, need some chilled drink to overcome and "wash away" the feeling

I was on a no caffeine drink diet also. But cold drink, i tried as hard as possible but is not really possible. Sometimes the nausea feeling, need some chilled drink to overcome and "wash away" the feeling

What's the reason behind no caffeine or cold drinks...I've heard of them but never knew why...I have been having tea 1-2 times a week and sips of cold drinks at night to ease the nausea like you. Feel it really helps me. My doc said no restrictions on both except coffee one cup a day.

What's the reason behind no caffeine or cold drinks...I've heard of them but never knew why...I have been having tea 1-2 times a week and sips of cold drinks at night to ease the nausea like you. Feel it really helps me. My doc said no restrictions on both except coffee one cup a day.

I read before somewhere that too much caffeine might affect the growth or development of the baby therefore i just try to avoid as much as i can. I love drinking teh -c kosong before my pregnancy one cup per day, but now i stopped drinking. For cold drink, i heard saying that it might make the womb too "cold" therefore not good for the baby development also. But i still take cold drinks at times to cure my nauseousness but i try to minimize.

I used to have 1-2 cups of coffee on daily basis for years. Although doc said max 2 cups, I still avoid coffee & tea totally. Had hard time overcome it.

11 weeks but still feeling bloated and nausea, is it normal. Appetite has not improve:( Always feel fatigue too.

I am at week 10, also still feeling nauseated (especially in the afternoon - evening time) and the fatigue is still here. Hopefully it gets better soon! Jiayou!

I used to have 1-2 cups of coffee on daily basis for years. Although doc said max 2 cups, I still avoid coffee & tea totally. Had hard time overcome it.

me too...

Me too at week 11! just counting down the days to the 2nd trimester and hoping will feel more alive and enjoy the food better.. praying hard for all the MS go away by next week!

me too...

Me too at week 11! just counting down the days to the 2nd trimester and hoping will feel more alive and enjoy the food better.. praying hard for all the MS go away by next week!

Will u be going for your 12 weeks scan/test next week?

I am at week 10, also still feeling nauseated (especially in the afternoon - evening time) and the fatigue is still here. Hopefully it gets better soon! Jiayou!
Me too, the nauseous feeling is bad in the afternoon and evening. Jia you!!

Hi everyone, I am new in this groyp. Is there any whatsapp group I can join? You can pm me.
My first pregnancy was very smoothly delivered by Dr Wong with all the roller coaster in the pregnancy journey. Currently my 2nd pregnancy.

I read before somewhere that too much caffeine might affect the growth or development of the baby therefore i just try to avoid as much as i can. I love drinking teh -c kosong before my pregnancy one cup per day, but now i stopped drinking. For cold drink, i heard saying that it might make the womb too "cold" therefore not good for the baby development also. But i still take cold drinks at times to cure my nauseousness but i try to minimize.

Same here! I was a one cup of Teh c per day person until I discovered I was pregnant. Doctor said below 200mg is fine so I sneaked a cup Per week of Teh o kosong (diluted) just to satisfy the craving. I drank my fair share of cold drink becoz I cannot take the nausea and the cold drink helped. I hav been drinking 100plus and Ribena can too

me too...

Actually I don't know what is that feeling . My stomach feels like it is going to over turn all the time ..can't differentiate hunger from just nausea . I stopped vomiting but jus constantly feeling super sick in the stomach. I forgot how it felt to be Normal already..help! Anyone feels same way? It is so hard to describe

Actually I don't know what is that feeling . My stomach feels like it is going to over turn all the time ..can't differentiate hunger from just nausea . I stopped vomiting but jus constantly feeling super sick in the stomach. I forgot how it felt to be Normal already..help! Anyone feels same way? It is so hard to describe

I also have this feeling.seem like i eaten 10 moon cakes and it stuck there. but i feel hungry. but i feel sick in the stomach. Dont know how.

I understand how u feel, sometimes it feels like nausea, sometimes like hungry, sometimes bloated, sometimes to the extend my hands feels weak with no energy. Hope it will get better soon.

I'm totally with u. The moment after my breakfast, I felt weak. Den abt 2 hours later, I felt hungry and nausea. Totally confused. Lunch is worse. Most of the time, i will feel nausea after eating. Sigh. Dunno to eat or not to eat at times

Back