Year 2016 IVF Mummy To-Be

Ergo original

Attachments

• 1473390128422.jpg
    1473390128422.jpg
    39.9 KB · Views: 140
I have a qns to ask. I am going to get the maternity insurance. However.. the insurance agent gave me a form to ask me to let the dr fill up. And i gave it to dr tan's assistant and was told to go to admissions department and the customer service staff said that there will be a fee of approx $140... is that the usual practice for kkh?

Any other observations other than drink lesser milk?

After 3 days or so, brought baby to see a PD coz he also had LS. Then i realised he caught stomach flu from ifc and then followed by teething. Have you tried shortening the feeding interval e.g. instead of 120ml every 3 hrs, try feeding 60ml for every 1.5 to 2hours?

Bub always eagerly put his fingers inside his mouth when I remove d teat from his mouth (wen he refuse to continue drinking) .....or he will act cutesy w me (babbling n cooing)if I still refuse to remove the teat to insist on feeding him....so usually no choice I will give up cos as u mentioned when they dun wan to drink, forcing them they also won't drink....

Thanks I will try more frequent feed in lesser amount den...but can foresee being more tiring ...hope is just a phase n he will grew out of this milk strike

Tsum_tsum. Mothercare store quoted ergo original...189$ + insert at 49.90$=$238.90

Online: $218 with insert. So difference = $20
However, I would like to clock 300$ in order to enjoy membership. .. wat ur advices?

Hmm...personally I hardly shop at mother care as their items not really cheap unless hv sales ...But if u wan the membership den yup y not.....

Since if buying pre-loved ...d infant insert can buy pre-love from carousell also to save sme $ ....

I have a qns to ask. I am going to get the maternity insurance. However.. the insurance agent gave me a form to ask me to let the dr fill up. And i gave it to dr tan's assistant and was told to go to admissions department and the customer service staff said that there will be a fee of approx $140... is that the usual practice for kkh?
ur agent give u what form to fill up? By right normal is need to apply for medical report, ur agent can do it for you with your authorisation n they pay for the medical report fee ($140). If not u ask dr tan to fill up for u during your consultation. See whether he charge this $140 anot. You pass to his assistant, they follow procedure aka apply for medical report processing fee charge

Bought ergo ADAPT at OG (4 horse road). Damage 183 after discount of 20% from 219$.
+fan at 19.90 from 26.90. Pacifier at 11.90..

Total: $235.90

Hi Mummies and MTB. I'm currently 28 wks with twins and most likely deliver in Nov though my EDD in Dec.

Got a few questions to ask Coz first pregnancy and not too sure are all the below sysmtoms normal and my next appt is 2 wks frm now. So thought ask around first

- Easily breathless now and then
- feeling whole body aching. Is it lack of calcium?
- tightness in vagina
- there r times when I felt tightness n heaviness near the abdominal area.

Thanks ladies

Hi Mummies and MTB. I'm currently 28 wks with twins and most likely deliver in Nov though my EDD in Dec.

Got a few questions to ask Coz first pregnancy and not too sure are all the below sysmtoms normal and my next appt is 2 wks frm now. So thought ask around first

- tightness in vagina

Thanks ladies

Yes breathless n body aching is normal especially carrying twins. The weight of both babies will take a toll on your body.

Tightness in vagina I am not sure but if in doubt best to check with gynae. If I feel anything unusual I will go to labour Ward for ctg scan just to have a peace of mind. I was given nifidine n utrogestan after week 20 to avoid early contraction n preterm labour. Also to minimize walking or any form of exercise because twin preg is diff from singleton pregnancy. There is a higher risk of preterm labour. My dr emphasize on rest n more rest. Ask me don't do anything just sit there n watch tv ;-)

- tightness in vagina

Thanks ladies
Check with your gynea. Sometimes babies move n pressing at your abdominal area. As for tightness at v could be low placenta be careful n rest don't walk too much

Yes breathless n body aching is normal especially carrying twins. The weight of both babies will take a toll on your body.

Tightness in vagina I am not sure but if in doubt best to check with gynae. If I feel anything unusual I will go to labour Ward for ctg scan just to have a peace of mind. I was given nifidine n utrogestan after week 20 to avoid early contraction n preterm labour. Also to minimize walking or any form of exercise because twin preg is diff from singleton pregnancy. There is a higher risk of preterm labour. My dr emphasize on rest n more rest. Ask me don't do anything just sit there n watch tv ;-)
Thanks dear!! I'm on utrogestan currently. But will check w my gynae too

Mummies/daddies,

Would u all prefer ur LO to sux their fingers/thumb or prefer pacifier when they come to the month tt they will ultimately sux on sum stuff ? N Wat is ur reason for choose either ?

Mummies/daddies,

Would u all prefer ur LO to sux their fingers/thumb or prefer pacifier when they come to the month tt they will ultimately sux on sum stuff ? N Wat is ur reason for choose either ?
I would prefer they suck their thumb/fingers cos it will b so difficult to wean the pacifier away. Plus thumb/fingers can wash, pacifier needs to sterilize etc. prolonged use of pacifier will affect their teeth

Mummies/daddies,

I prefer my LO using the paci than fingers if there is no choice. Coz easier to wean paci (fingers are always there and is a tad too "convenient"). My #1 weaned off paci on his own when he was 9 months. My #2, now at 8 months, can't kerp his mouth off his fingers and toes. :eek: But at the end of the day, it still depends on your baby coz they have their own preference.

I would prefer they suck their thumb/fingers cos it will b so difficult to wean the pacifier away. Plus thumb/fingers can wash, pacifier needs to sterilize etc. prolonged use of pacifier will affect their teeth
Actually sucking fingers may also affect the teeth alignment. And using paci may not necessary do bad to the alignment. My #1 has very neat and straight teeth even tho he was on paci. I am envious of him too.

Regarding this pacifier vs thumb debate, both have pros n cons. For my son we didn't intro the pacifier, n around the 4th month he discovered this wonderful thing called his right thumb. The pro is that he will never lose it or drop it, so whenever he's cranky/tired, he can self soothe by just popping it in his mouth. The con is that it is ALWAYS in his mouth. To the point that we panicked n tried to intro all brands of pacifiers around the 6th month, but by then he's doesn't know what to do with the pacifier anymore n he will just spit out. Both pacifier n thumb can cause teeth misalignment. N thumb sucking can actually cause calluses on the thumb if it continues into school years. N it's impossible to take the thumb away. But lucky for us, around the 10th month, he just magically stopped his thumb sucking one day. Maybe coz his teeth came out n it was painful for his thumb, haha.

RANT: born 2 Aug.... was told by agency, there will be levy pro-rate. with children/elderly is $60.00 instead of $265.00.. so we assume, for month of august it will be pro-rate, with us paying full pro-rate, as hired in late july @ $113..

called up mom and was told only next month onwards in Sept then is $60.00....agent called as well...told tjat last time used to have pro-rate, not anymore now.

i mean is not fair mah. why no notification or whatever? knn. $265 - $60 = $205. this amount difference is big to me....sianx

RANT: born 2 Aug.... was told by agency, there will be levy pro-rate. with children/elderly is $60.00 instead of $265.00.. so we assume, for month of august it will be pro-rate, with us paying full pro-rate, as hired in late july @ $113..

called up mom and was told only next month onwards in Sept then is $60.00....agent called as well...told tjat last time used to have pro-rate, not anymore now.

i mean is not fair mah. why no notification or whatever? knn. $265 - $60 = $205. this amount difference is big to me....sianx
Sept is charge for aug one. So correct mah

Aug 2 delivery. Previously pro rate. Now I see the website. For concession, only take place the following month....... so llst.. bo bian.

I was very reluctant to use the pacifier when my confinement lady asked me to use it. She gave to him only at night. So now I only give my boy his pacifier when he's going to sleep. Cos I dun latch him. A lot of babies do comfort latching to fall asleep. While he's asleep, he'll spit it out. He still stuff his fingers into his mouth in the day now that he's teething. Cannot be helped. =(

Thanks mummies/daddies for all ur experience regarding thumb/fingers vs pacifier ....I am amused to know tt some mummies mentioned (must be quite cute to see at 1st) even toes also get in the process. .haha...

Guess like end of d day is how comforting parent r letting (rather is bo bian. .haha...) LO to use either or both...

A lot of babies do comfort latching to fall asleep. While he's asleep, he'll spit it out. He still stuff his fingers into his mouth in the day now that he's teething. Cannot be helped. =(

I am trying to get bub sleep on his own during bedtime at night (minus d usual carry in my arms n patting butt) but fail ...saw him sleepy but struggling n fussing ..bo bian picked him up n do d routine ...

Saw on youtube they r supposing to learn how to fall asleep by themselves by self soothing ...any idea wen they will do tt? :)

Have difficulty coaxing slp especially night.. how?

Alot discourage rocking/swaying bub to sleep as it get into a routine one hv to keep doing it n as bub grew bigger n heavier...is no joke doing d rocking/swaying ..unless no choice if u hv to do it to get LO to sleep den do it lor..

I usually just carry in arm (sitting on bed) ..sing (i sound terrible but bub love it..ha) or i play some soft music n pat pat butt to get bub to zzz land ...as mentioned am trying to now kick this habit so I can free up bit of time to do others stuff ( ya housework at night..bo bian)

ur agent give u what form to fill up? By right normal is need to apply for medical report, ur agent can do it for you with your authorisation n they pay for the medical report fee ($140). If not u ask dr tan to fill up for u during your consultation. See whether he charge this $140 anot. You pass to his assistant, they follow procedure aka apply for medical report processing fee charge
Sorry for the late reply!! its O&G form... not sure if its too late to pass to dr tan on my next appt... by next appt is wk30..

I am trying to get bub sleep on his own during bedtime at night (minus d usual carry in my arms n patting butt) but fail ...saw him sleepy but struggling n fussing ..bo bian picked him up n do d routine ...

Saw on youtube they r supposing to learn how to fall asleep by themselves by self soothing ...any idea wen they will do tt? :)

Read that some mummies start sleep training after 4 months. My 7 mth boy still fusses before he sleeps. He'll be v "mang zhang" and make a lot of noise when I'm holding him. As I rock and sing, he'll calm down and fall asleep. Actually after his 3/4am feed n diaper change, he's awake but he can fall asleep on his own when placed on the bed.

I always tell myself to cherish these moments (that he still needs me to rock him to sleep). As he gets older, he will grow out of this. No point forcing him now. That's my mentality la, although I envy those mummies who can put their babies to bed without all the rocking and coaxing. Haha.

Alot discourage rocking/swaying bub to sleep as it get into a routine one hv to keep doing it n as bub grew bigger n heavier...is no joke doing d rocking/swaying ..unless no choice if u hv to do it to get LO to sleep den do it lor..

I usually just carry in arm (sitting on bed) ..sing (i sound terrible but bub love it..ha) or i play some soft music n pat pat butt to get bub to zzz land ...as mentioned am trying to now kick this habit so I can free up bit of time to do others stuff ( ya housework at night..bo bian)
My little one need to pat pat him n carry to walk at the same time. Lucky thing is at night after last feed ard 9.30pm can sleep thru until 6.30am.

After night feed pat awhile he fall asleep n my nos.1 envy want to be carry like how I carry baby. That one more Jialat.

My #2 also like no need to zzzz... V headache cos got loads of things to do. Every waking moment means drinking milk and he will doze off in the arms. But if you put him in the cot, he starts to cry..till you pick him up and he s mouth will open wide...

Read that some mummies start sleep training after 4 months. My 7 mth boy still fusses before he sleeps. He'll be v "mang zhang" and make a lot of noise when I'm holding him. As I rock and sing, he'll calm down and fall asleep. Actually after his 3/4am feed n diaper change, he's awake but he can fall asleep on his own when placed on the bed.

I always tell myself to cherish these moments (that he still needs me to rock him to sleep). As he gets older, he will grow out of this. No point forcing him now. That's my mentality la, although I envy those mummies who can put their babies to bed without all the rocking and coaxing. Haha.
Ya!! I envy those mommies too..or those babies who just zzz after drinking milk and wake up after 3 hours. Swee swee!!

Back