IVF/ICSI Support Group

but u managed to conceive naturally more than once? means there is ovulation no? sorry abit confused!

Yes i had 3 pregnancy conceived naturally and The last pregnancy was at 2011 .

Eversince that, didnt manage to conceive again till now . I've tried clomid also no strike . And guess my body system go haywire .
From all the test shown that im not ovulating every month especially with PCOS condition .

When you have done all that you can, the best you can still do is to hold on to faith and hope that you will eventually succeed. Focus on current cycle first. Aging is one challenge but older doesn't mean definitely zero normal eggs. There is always hope if you try, no try then no hope. Jia you!
many tks..i always think i hv 2 normal pregnant b4... and delivery 2 sons....y this will happend...my husband inch me say...my luck over...

Last edited:
Hello ladies. I did my er yesterday. The nurse at sgh told me thay they will call me today and infrom me on the outcome and when i will need to be back for the et. However they did not call me till now and im kind of worried. Only gotten 10 follicles this round.

Last edited:
Hello ladies. I did my er yesterday. The nurse at sgh told me thay they will call me today and infrom me on the outcome and when i will need to be back for the et. However they did not call me till now and im kind of worried. Only gotten 10 follicles this round.
sometime need to wait for the fertilise so. maybe they will call u later.. no worry

TKN, did doc have any explanation for the spotting? Was it just brown discharge or you had red spotting as well? I suppose after each jab, the spotting stopped?
No, there was no explanation though initial hcg was at 1500+. The only answer I had was "it's v common in IVF pregnancies" obviously I dun take in such bullshit and went to O&G when it bled more than usual. Brown discharge & red spotting. Well, yes after each jab, the spotting stopped but would come back again. Was wearing pad for the whole of 1st trimester

Yes i had 3 pregnancy conceived naturally and The last pregnancy was at 2011 .

Eversince that, didnt manage to conceive again till now . I've tried clomid also no strike . And guess my body system go haywire .
From all the test shown that im not ovulating every month especially with PCOS condition .

wahh.. it's been such a long journey and wait for u.. must be really hard on you.. hugs!! wishing you all the best!! hope your time is now!!!

dont worry..maybe call u tomorrow pls update us k...and one more thing...my next bed gal also collect 10 folicles ..9 fertilise ...fresh et 9 cell on second day
I finally got a call from them this morning. et wil be done either wed afternoon or thur mornng. got to wait for them to call me on wed morning. :)

Last edited:
total 4 fertilized.
Jenny babe, must try to stay positive and root for your embryos. From what I have learned from the embryologist in previous discussions, your numbers fall within the good average. They wouldn't suggest to try culture to blastocysts if not progressing well and if they feel the embies will do better with earlier transfer to your womb, they will arrange accordingly. All embryos stand a chance and they need faith from you of all people. Focus on what u can do now, that is keep well physically, mentally and emotionally for a positive reunion with your embies. Jia you!

Jenny babe, must try to stay positive and root for your embryos. From what I have learned from the embryologist in previous discussions, your numbers fall within the good average. They wouldn't suggest to try culture to blastocysts if not progressing well and if they feel the embies will do better with earlier transfer to your womb, they will arrange accordingly. All embryos stand a chance and they need faith from you of all people. Focus on what u can do now, that is keep well physically, mentally and emotionally for a positive reunion with your embies. Jia you!
Thanks @DawnBB for the encouraging words. Ill stay positive and looking toward to reunion with embies ;) and eating healthy too.

Yes... I think i was extremely lucky on my first fresh/FET. I had more than 60 follicles and froze 15 on Day2. Did emergency transfer of 3 on next day after thaw. 2 were v sluggish and the only one left made it.

Last fet transferred best 2 sluggish ones and bfn. I should have waited till day5 and may not have any to transfer.

This cycle am left with 1 blast. Knowing him dr will ask me to transfer this blast and hope for the best but i will unlikely progress with fet first as its a not so good quality blast and get lc cheng to do my final stim on a different protocol to see if my eggs quality improves. Will talk to lai cheng and seek her views too.

Are u still only on gonalF for this cycle ? U had many blastos ?

Wow 60 follicles is a lot! But anyway you're right, LC Cheng will likely say go ahead with 1. During my fresh stimming in Mar, he also wanted me to go with 1 immediately for ET initially, but I was hesitant. I wanted to do FET instead (Catherine told me his frozen transfers have higher success rates) and that's where I am now. Anyway u do what u feel is right OK. The most important is that we do what we feel comfortable with, and what we feel most assuring. I thought they only cultivate blasties? I've never had day 2/3 embryos transferred.. I thought we didn't have a choice and everything is decided by lai Cheng.

For this cycle, I had a combination of Gonal F and Centrotide.. I had a better yield than last fresh. Last fresh yielded 3 blasties (2 good, 1 average). This round 6 blasties (3 good, 3 average).

All the best to yr next stimming cycle! Have faith, it will be a better one.

wahh.. it's been such a long journey and wait for u.. must be really hard on you.. hugs!! wishing you all the best!! hope your time is now!!!

Ya .. Is really a very long and tough journey and never expect this hard to try conceive again ..
Will leave it to god to decide and do my best this time :) rest and eat more nutrition food .
Wish u all the best too !!

Thanks @DawnBB for the encouraging words. Ill stay positive and looking toward to reunion with embies ;) and eating healthy too.
All the best jennycsy, 4 is a v good number! 'Reunion with our embies' sounds like a really good term Dawn BB :) wishing us all the luck we can get Jenny (I'm transferring around same dates as u, we are cycle buddies!)

Jia you to all ladies embarking on their next cycles. I can fully understand how u feel when it seems like the finishing line is never in sight, it took me 3 fresh n 2 frozen to get my #1. N another fresh n 2 frozen to get my #2. So many bfns until abit numb already. But, just when I thought it will never happen, u never know when your lil' miracle is just around the corner. May your next cycle be THE cycle for u. Keep the faith n fighting!

Hello ladies, I didn't make it this round. HCG level has dropped. Though disappointed, I'm glad to have clarity on where I am heading. I'm really grateful for all your support and advice. Wouldn't have make it this far without you ladies. Will pick up myself for another fresh cycle when I am ready. Fighting!!!

hi ladies,

i am going for IVF program once after 4 years and this round I didn't go for any TCM preparation.
Is there any last min resource for me to get my health prepare?
I know this topic may have been discussed before, please do not mind to advise me again.

Hello ladies, I didn't make it this round. HCG level has dropped. Though disappointed, I'm glad to have clarity on where I am heading. I'm really grateful for all your support and advice. Wouldn't have make it this far without you ladies. Will pick up myself for another fresh cycle when I am ready. Fighting!!!
You have done your best, give yourself a pat and focus on recovering well. Keep the hope and try again when you are ready. May the strength that carried you this far take you through the rest of the journey to your heart desire's outcome eventually soon!

dear...a ja fighting

Wow 60 follicles is a lot! But anyway you're right, LC Cheng will likely say go ahead with 1. During my fresh stimming in Mar, he also wanted me to go with 1 immediately for ET initially, but I was hesitant. I wanted to do FET instead (Catherine told me his frozen transfers have higher success rates) and that's where I am now. Anyway u do what u feel is right OK. The most important is that we do what we feel comfortable with, and what we feel most assuring. I thought they only cultivate blasties? I've never had day 2/3 embryos transferred.. I thought we didn't have a choice and everything is decided by lai Cheng.

For this cycle, I had a combination of Gonal F and Centrotide.. I had a better yield than last fresh. Last fresh yielded 3 blasties (2 good, 1 average). This round 6 blasties (3 good, 3 average).

All the best to yr next stimming cycle! Have faith, it will be a better one.

Finesse9702,
6 blastos are a very good nos. Did you tiao your body for this fresh ?
Previous cycle you were also on GonalF & Centrotide ?

I will try to convince him to try Saizen for my next fresh cycle.

Yes. Catherine is absolutely right. Infact during my first fresh/FET cycle, Dr Cheng & his nurses told me that success rates for FET cycle are higher than fresh cycle. It is just that we will need to prolong the ivf cycle and more jabs to go so some patients prefer to do fresh transfer and some drs are advocates that embryos grow better in the womb.

For my current cycle, first scan showed that i had 20 follicles and i told Dr that I wanted to return for FET even though I could do a fresh transfer. During your last FET, did Lai Cheng told u that the blasts you transferred were still growing after the thaw ?

I wish you all the best for your upcoming FET and hope the blastos hatch out and stick on you tightly.

Sorry to hear Milo. Yes rest and go for it again. Maybe next cycle remind doc on this incident as a reference maybe can increase supports or see what doc suggest.

Jia you jia you!

Hi all, I have completed my oral medication for the induce of menses on Friday. I was told that my menses will come after about 3 days, but menses came on Saturday. Is it too fast?
Its my 3rd day of menses today, may I ask if I can start to take my folic acid and royal jelly to start preparation for my ivf, which will probably starts in Nov or Dec?
Thanks.

Hugs Miloqueen... It was close so now you know the formula is almost right already. Concentrate on conditioning your body, I'll be following your next cycle and praying for you too! :)

Is there anything you need to do or just wait for AF to report?

Back