IVF/ICSI Support Group

Tearing as I am typing this. Doctor only say I have only ONE egg to yield. I know I have a very low Amh. But I didn't expect to have only 1 egg..... should I proceed or not. So lost. Very damn sian feeling.

Tearing as I am typing this. Doctor only say I have only ONE egg to yield. I know I have a very low Amh. But I didn't expect to have only 1 egg..... should I proceed or not. So lost. Very damn sian feeling.

Hugs. When is ur OR? Do u have other smaller follicles and what size are they?

This happen to me too.. i have onli 1 egg growing n in the end retrieved onli 1 egg but the onli egg is now my precious baby in my tummy... i m in my 26 weeks now. So u will nv know the 1 egg might b yr miracle baby.

Thanks kukuangelia! Yeah really need to keep calm and stay zen. It's those paranoid feeling when you don't know whether you are doing enough to make things happen!

Hugs. When is ur OR? Do u have other smaller follicles and what size are they?

What is OR? The growing follicles is 16.5 if I am not wrong. Got one is 10. Another 2 is only single digit. I did a blood test to reconfirm if that big follicle contain an egg. If yes I have to decide to go ahead or not. If go ahead will be this Tuesday for egg retrieval. My linning is 10.5 triple. Hub wants to go ahead.

This happen to me too.. i have onli 1 egg growing n in the end retrieved onli 1 egg but the onli egg is now my precious baby in my tummy... i m in my 26 weeks now. So u will nv know the 1 egg might b yr miracle baby.

U r so so so lucky! I am fear if the quality is good enough? Can it be fertilize? Can it survive? Do u mind sharing me your age?

What is OR? The growing follicles is 16.5 if I am not wrong. Got one is 10. Another 2 is only single digit. I did a blood test to reconfirm if that big follicle contain an egg. If yes I have to decide to go ahead or not. If go ahead will be this Tuesday for egg retrieval. My linning is 10.5 triple. Hub wants to go ahead.
Hugs babe. OR is egg retrieval. Tuesday is still a few days more, maybe the others will catch up.

Hi I have 1 brand new box of utrogestan and 1 brand new box of progynova to give away. PM me if interested, will send by post as i am currently doing my confinement.

Please dont worry, worrying will not do any good anyway.
I think you should go for OR/ER. I am in same boat too, Low AMH. But we have to keep trying, you never know which one will be the lucky egg :)

Ladies any tips to eat after ET. What i have know so far is -
1. Pineapple core (Anybody tried this with success ??)
2. Brazilian Nuts
3. baby Aspirin - I have not tried this for my first cycle. Any thoughts on it from anyone here?
4. Chicken essence

Please add anything else to the list from your experience? What is red date soup? where to buy them and how many to use per day?

Hey Bunny, I thought theres progesterone jabs that we can inject ourselves? I read its new and more eassier to manage. Travelling to kkh everyday doesnt sound like a good plan.

I am not sure. I did my cycle in kkh in 2014 and wasn't given the option to jab at home. It's an oil base jab n can only jab by kkh nurse.

Ladies any tips to eat after ET. What i have know so far is -
1. Pineapple core (Anybody tried this with success ??)
2. Brazilian Nuts
3. baby Aspirin - I have not tried this for my first cycle. Any thoughts on it from anyone here?
4. Chicken essence

Please add anything else to the list from your experience? What is red date soup? where to buy them and how many to use per day?

Baby aspirin helps in blood circulation n implantation. Logan red date u can get from market or those places selling dry goods. Some use 10 red dates and 4 dry Longan for a flask.

can someone help me out with this pls? i am on 225units of gonal f per day. given that each pen has 450units, the nurse told me that i will finish the dose in each pen within 2 days.

today is my second day jabbing, and after i finished, there is still some liquid left in the pen!! in fact after i turn up the dial again and press, some medication shot out onto my floor... oops. is this normal?

i am very sure i tuned the dial correctly to 225units and jabbed all the way till it went down to zero. hold for 5 seconds then remove!!

can someone help me out with this pls? i am on 225units of gonal f per day. given that each pen has 450units, the nurse told me that i will finish the dose in each pen within 2 days.

today is my second day jabbing, and after i finished, there is still some liquid left in the pen!! in fact after i turn up the dial again and press, some medication shot out onto my floor... oops. is this normal?

i am very sure i tuned the dial correctly to 225units and jabbed all the way till it went down to zero. hold for 5 seconds then remove!!

Hi...I didn't use gonal f...mine was menopur...i withdrew out the menopur from a bottle using a syringe and inject....i did asked the nurse before as i encountered the same problem as you...she said it might be due to condensation coz we put menopur inside the fridge...and it could also be that the manufacturer put more than the stated amount in the bottle...no worries...the nurse said abit difference is okay:)

Anyone bleed during stim? Is this normal? Or am I too stress? :(
I have some spotting but I always had a spotting problem after my AF. Now on my 2nd day Gonal-f after 3 days of Orgalutran... But I have to say this is one of my longest spotting period...

I have a on-off headache though... Which I read is a side effect of Gonal-f.

I'm on my 2nd day of Gonal-f too but mine's a 900 units pen. So I'm not done with the pen yet. But my husband also doing pen injections for his other health problem, started earlier, and the nurse told him the manufacturers usually put in excess to fill up spaces in such pens etc.

As long as you turn the knob to the right amount, the pen shd dispense the right amount... Unless it's a lot that's left.

There are extra liquid in the pen. Some clinic will combine the remaining med into one dosage so as not to waste.

I'm on my 2nd day of Gonal-f too but mine's a 900 units pen. So I'm not done with the pen yet. But my husband also doing pen injections for his other health problem, started earlier, and the nurse told him the manufacturers usually put in excess to fill up spaces in such pens etc.

As long as you turn the knob to the right amount, the pen shd dispense the right amount... Unless it's a lot that's left.

it was really quite alot left!! thats why i tried to turn the dial up again and press to see if anything would squirt out. oops! i guess i'll just call the nurse tomorrow!

thanks for replying @Almondearie and @Ying1163 !

@Almondearie when did you start getting your side effects? did u have any side effects from first 3 days?

it was really quite alot left!! thats why i tried to turn the dial up again and press to see if anything would squirt out. oops! i guess i'll just call the nurse tomorrow!

thanks for replying @Almondearie and @Ying1163 !

@Almondearie when did you start getting your side effects? did u have any side effects from first 3 days?
No leh... Not from the Orgalutran 1st 3 days... But I started having headaches or migraines on and off whole day since I took my first dose of Gonal-f yesterday... Not sure if it's the weather or the Gonal-f. But today is only my 2nd dose of Gonal-f... I'm on a daily 200units Gonal-f prescription for a total of 6 days.

Other than the spotting issue I mentioned earlier, my pelvic area like got sudden cramp but it's like i pull a muscle and the next thing you know, it's gone.

Lol, really not sure if linked...

No leh... Not from the Orgalutran 1st 3 days... But I started having headaches or migraines on and off whole day since I took my first dose of Gonal-f yesterday... Not sure if it's the weather or the Gonal-f. But today is only my 2nd dose of Gonal-f... I'm on a daily 200units Gonal-f prescription for a total of 6 days.

Other than the spotting issue I mentioned earlier, my pelvic area like got sudden cramp but it's like i pull a muscle and the next thing you know, it's gone.

I also had headaches on gonal f. My dosage was lower at 175.

i'm on 225 units a day, with no side effects so far! rather, every time after my menopur jab i will feel abit giddy.

hm i think ur sudden 'cramp' sounds like what i experienced when i was pregnant (before my mc). the dr said it was because my uterus was stretching.. so it's normal. perhaps the stims is causing some stretching in your pelvic region too.. uterus or maybe ovaries?? u had ur first scan after stims yet to see how many follicles are growing??

Dun mind me asking, jus curious. May i know why u did a 2dt instead of going for 4dt or blasto? Is the any particular reason for that?

My gaynae instruction for me is to call when my LH test turn to positive and call to book and confirm the date to do FET. And they did not let me choose whether want more than 2dt.
Actually in my first fresh IVF, mine is 3dt as per compare with other 5dt.

Is it more day grow and transfer will more secure?

i'm on 225 units a day, with no side effects so far! rather, every time after my menopur jab i will feel abit giddy.

hm i think ur sudden 'cramp' sounds like what i experienced when i was pregnant (before my mc). the dr said it was because my uterus was stretching.. so it's normal. perhaps the stims is causing some stretching in your pelvic region too.. uterus or maybe ovaries?? u had ur first scan after stims yet to see how many follicles are growing??
Oh that's a bit fast cause I started feeling it on the first dose of Gonal-f. Then twice more after 2nd dose.

I've not gone for my first scan after stims, it's next Wed...

There are usually extra of 50ml or 100ml per pen so it is normal that there are extra liquid left.

Btw, there are red eggs to borrow at shuang lin shi this morning when i went to pray.

Same here...tryin natural before next fresh cycle in sept...

Yes, there is a chance in every month. Stay positive, I am trying too.
I am a private patient, did my first cycle in KKH but failed :( .
Anyone can help to recommend any private clinic ? My biological clock is ticking.

Hi DawnBB, thanks for the info.. Im still waiting for my FET, hopefully to be done this mth.. so have not gone to the ET portion of the treatment yet. Was at TFC at Novena for my ER and yap, the wait was still ok. Prob becos ER has to be done at a certain time so priority given?

I did call TFC for first appointment, the nurse told me the waiting time is a round 30 minutes to 1 hour for Dr Loh. I am considering TMC for my second IVF. Could you share with me your experience with Dr Loh? What is different of seeing Dr Loh in TMC and TFC ?

My gaynae instruction for me is to call when my LH test turn to positive and call to book and confirm the date to do FET. And they did not let me choose whether want more than 2dt.

From what i understand, many of them gotten bfp from 3dt as well. But i rarely heard of 2dt. Erm, i think 5days embryos are more ready to implant as compare to 3days. But some embryos develop better inside us so some docs recommend 3dt. I think to get to 5dt, the quality of the embryo has to be really good.

From what i understand, many of them gotten bfp from 3dt as well. But i rarely heard of 2dt. Erm, i think 5days embryos are more ready to implant as compare to 3days. But some embryos develop better inside us so some docs recommend 3dt. I think to get to 5dt, the quality of the embryo has to be really good.

Mine was 2dt on a mon. The doctor did nt ask not tell mi anyting. Onli scheduled for trsf on wed.

No gal... all embryos have equal chance to implant. If embryos didnt make it to d5 then nothing transfer...
Now your embyros are inside you... stay positive and happy during your 2ww! Don't stress...

Last edited:
No gal... all embryos have equal chance to implant. If embryos didnt make it to d5 then nothing transfer...
Now your embyros are inside you... stay positive and happy during your 2ww! Don't stress...

Yeah.... Can share the symptoms after FET? this time round I feel easy tired and stomach gas... Compare with my fresh IVF, I still energy and not that strong feeling to tired.

I also have very few follicles. 3 to be exact...Dr asked if I wanted to continue, and I said yes. He warned me that I may have 1 or no eggs but no harm trying since inject for a number of days already right?
My ER is coming Monday...just had my trigger shot tonight.

Oh that's a bit fast cause I started feeling it on the first dose of Gonal-f. Then twice more after 2nd dose.

I've not gone for my first scan after stims, it's next Wed...

Did ur tummy grow bigger? My tummy bcome 33inches plus i cant eat much for dinner i will feel bloated.. Feeling very terrible

Yeah.... Can share the symptoms after FET? this time round I feel easy tired and stomach gas... Compare with my fresh IVF, I still energy and not that strong feeling to tired.
Gal... every cycle is different. Don't compare. For both my fresh and FET, I feel bloated and gg to toilet more frequently. Breast pain only came a few days after ET for my FET. Fresh cycle no breast pain at all. Both time I bfp but sad to say both are pregnancy loss.
What u must do now is to rest well and eat well. Keep your faith and stay positive!

Did ur tummy grow bigger? My tummy bcome 33inches plus i cant eat much for dinner i will feel bloated.. Feeling very terrible
Wow I never measure leh... Originally my tummy is not flat one haha... But I think my layer of fat helped to cushion the jabs so no pain.

I don't feel extremely bloated... You're getting me a bit worried lol, is it bad I'm not reacting to the med?

Wow I never measure leh... Originally my tummy is not flat one haha... But I think my layer of fat helped to cushion the jabs so no pain.

I don't feel extremely bloated... You're getting me a bit worried lol, is it bad I'm not reacting to the med?

I dunno lei.. I first time.. Tml i going for scan.. N i start to haf bruises on my tummy liao

Back