(2015/01) Jan 2015 Mummies

Is it alright for LO to lie flat and drink milk?
My helper actually did that yesterday when my LO keep fussing and surprisingly he finish all his milk which normally he don't

Should be ok bah? Just pick Lo up after drinking for him to burp. Actually late at night when its time for my Lo to feed i will just turn her over on her side and i will lie sideway for her to latch on...

My helper actually did that yesterday when my LO keep fussing and surprisingly he finish all his milk which normally he don't
I started feeding my bb while she lays flat when she was on her milk strike. She seems to drink better this way. Figured that it may be because of our body heat she didn't like to be carried and fed anymore. But I'll prop her head up with a pillow. Been doing this for two months plus so far so good. At least her intake is much more now than when I carry and feed her

dont do that ... wat if the milk backflow ... at least let LO lay on pillow then feed
anyone works in raffles place area ..can you share the venue for your pump sessions?
your office no nursing room?

Hair loss - the aftermath of pregnancy. sigh. the hair I am dropping is quite a lot too. I wish it can be solved easily by popping pills :(

Ladies, what is your hairstyles like? This hair dropping problem is driving me crazy. I have bob hairstyle with long fringe on the side and I can see my hair line, almost botak I guess ;(
I cut to bob too, after almost 5 years of long hair! Save on time and shampoo!

dont do that ... wat if the milk backflow ... at least let LO lay on pillow then feed

your office no nursing room?
I think @ecym work in Suntec?? Maybe need to go Raffles Place for meeting bah... Raffles Exchange or One Raffles Place got nursing room???

(Edited to add - http://lala.sg/2014/09/one-raffles-place-nursing-room-2/)

I just rec'd a bomb today! that I may be moving to clifford centre to work permanently ... I have not stepped into the new office but I knew there is a new mummy returning from maternity leave, lets hope she is still pumping and is friendly enough to share!

Thanks KS, I saw the One Raffles Place 4th floor one!

Thus far I am using the conference room near my desk to pump. Too lazy to go down, cross over to another lift lobby and then go to my co's nursing room which is located at another storey.

Also got another mummy in my co who popped on tbe same day as I but she isn't back yet. I hope there will be no problems but I figure...shld be quite ok cos I only pump 2x in the office

anyone works in raffles place area ..can you share the venue for your pump sessions?

Me lo, but my office got nursing room. Can only fit 2 person, so far got 3 of us pumping and 1 Muslim lady using the room for prayers.

Me lo, but my office got nursing room. Can only fit 2 person, so far got 3 of us pumping and 1 Muslim lady using the room for prayers.
my company also one nursing and only allow 2 person ..so see who get the key to the room fast lolz ... anyway i only pump 2x and supply dropping think soon no need the room anymore lolz

my company also one nursing and only allow 2 person ..so see who get the key to the room fast lolz ... anyway i only pump 2x and supply dropping think soon no need the room anymore lolz
my coy dun even have nursing room.. i am using my interview room to pump/pump at desk/go to the shopping mall's nursing room.. haha.. also pump 2x in office... getting so tired from pumping, wonder how pple last for 1-2 yrs..

I used to pump in the sickbay of my company for my first kid. Always have to ask around for the keys and limited to the opening hours. Now for second child i use freemie and pump at desk so much more convenient @

I used to pump in the sickbay of my company for my first kid. Always have to ask around for the keys and limited to the opening hours. Now for second child i use freemie and pump at desk so much more convenient @
how's freemies ah.. been hearing that the suction not so good..

Yeah same only pump 2 times in office. Tired leh... Thinking when to stop. Hahaha. Esther your baby hw old le

Yeah same only pump 2 times in office. Tired leh... Thinking when to stop. Hahaha. Esther your baby hw old le
my gal 5months 8 days old already ... for my boy i stopped at 6 months .. my gal think mayb 7 months cos need to make up the 1 month i did not feed her bm :p must be fair to both... all 6 months BM ..anyway now supply is pathetic ..at most can feed 2-3 times per day the rest FM hahaha so no diff whether i stop 6 or 7th month already

Last edited:

My bb lie flat ... sometimes with pillow when I feed him at night... he finish all his milk this way. Else if I carry him he will tend to play n end up stay awake

I also feed my LO lying down with a pillow. So far so good. He tends to be cranky If we carry him and feed. Seems to understand that lying down on pillow Means milk time.

If I feed bottle I sit cross legged on bed or sofa and he sleep on my legs to feed.

how's freemies ah.. been hearing that the suction not so good..
I pump longer period to compensate for suction. Also at higher suction level. So far yield is ok. When u pump while working time past much faster! My first one i managed to pump and feed till he is 14 mths. Hopefully can do the same for 2nd

i also thinking when to stop leh.. maybe at 6 mths.. u?

Thinking to stop at 6m too. But now I only wanna feed her fresh bm thou I have some frozen stash. Cos I open 2 packet to wanna try use it on myself for bath... And I realised it stinks!! I feel bad feeding her frozen bm.

Thinking to stop at 6m too. But now I only wanna feed her fresh bm thou I have some frozen stash. Cos I open 2 packet to wanna try use it on myself for bath... And I realised it stinks!! I feel bad feeding her frozen bm.

why is there to feel bad about frozen bm...?!?! All your pumping effort leh...

now i still pumping 6-7x a day... most times each session can make 1 feed. So I usually have one feed to freeze each day... and my baby is also drinking one frozen serving each day on FIFO basis... When bb 6 mo I will go slower maybe to 6hrly pump..more manageable then i hope i can stop pumping in 3 months time.

why is there to feel bad about frozen bm...?!?! All your pumping effort leh...

The fbm very smelly leh... I feel very bad. But before I started work I did let her try and she is okay with it. My oldest stash is in April, shld use it before it expires :(

now i still pumping 6-7x a day... most times each session can make 1 feed. So I usually have one feed to freeze each day... and my baby is also drinking one frozen serving each day on FIFO basis... When bb 6 mo I will go slower maybe to 6hrly pump..more manageable then i hope i can stop pumping in 3 months time.

A lot determination for 6/7 times a day! I already cut to 5 times a day cos of my timing plus work commitments... Very tiring. Ya when they start semi solid it will be much easier...

The fbm very smelly leh... I feel very bad. But before I started work I did let her try and she is okay with it. My oldest stash is in April, shld use it before it expires :(
ya fbm v smelly.. my gal dun take.. so i hardly freeze also.. everyday will have a bottle of extra.. sometimes use for my foot bath, sometimes discard..

A lot determination for 6/7 times a day! I already cut to 5 times a day cos of my timing plus work commitments... Very tiring. Ya when they start semi solid it will be much easier...
when are you all intending to start solids? i read that solids at this age should not replace milk though..

when are you all intending to start solids? i read that solids at this age should not replace milk though..
intend to start this weekend ..cos yesterday my hb tease my gal by putting a cookie near her mouth and she actually open her mouth and attempt to eat ... lolz

yes it shouldnt replace milk. it is just additional to milk

I intend to start this weekend too.. I got my avocado ready :p Just a few teaspoon for tasting.
She already show signs of wanting to eat and we did feed her my sis bb porridge and she eat it. :p 1 small spoon nia.
My mum say she know how to swallow.

intend to start this weekend ..cos yesterday my hb tease my gal by putting a cookie near her mouth and she actually open her mouth and attempt to eat ... lolz

I intend to start this weekend too.. I got my avocado ready :p Just a few teaspoon for tasting.
She already show signs of wanting to eat and we did feed her my sis bb porridge and she eat it. :p 1 small spoon nia.
My mum say she know how to swallow.
how old is your los already? mine is 5 mths nx week.. thinking to start next week.. my mum says can give her brown rice powder le..

5 month today! hehe
Yap, can feed those brown rice powder cereal or u can give fruits puree as a start. I gonna follow my sis feeding plan.
Just for tasting not to replace any meal yet.

6m then start semi solid, not on full... But main will still be milk and then puree/cereals must try and experiment see what she likes lo

how old is your los already? mine is 5 mths nx week.. thinking to start next week.. my mum says can give her brown rice powder le..
my gal 5months 11 days old already . should have started earlier cos she show sign of wanting to eat our solid food but lazy mummy here lolz
so this weekend then start ..

going to get EYS brown rice cereal and healthy time brown rice cereal for a start

my gal 5months 11 days old already . should have started earlier cos she show sign of wanting to eat our solid food but lazy mummy here lolz
so this weekend then start ..

going to get EYS brown rice cereal and healthy time brown rice cereal for a start
my girl also showing signs.. keep looking at us when we eat and swallowing saliva.. hmm i dunno if these are signs that she is ready?

my girl also showing signs.. keep looking at us when we eat and swallowing saliva.. hmm i dunno if these are signs that she is ready?
these are clear sign .. can start with a spoon or 2 of the cereal but make sure u buy those fine cereal and not those with chunk of nuts or etc where biting is required

Mine too! His eyes will open v big whenever we r eating n he will swallow saliva as though he also wants a bite. Hahaha.
same.. swallow saliva lolz ..

my bb also... that time 4 mths kui chor.. he already attempt to eat the biscuit necklace

then from then on, whenever we eat he will wants to eat too.... very jia lat ... lol..

I feed my gal with just a pillow under her head also, she holds her own milk bottle now. :p I just monitor and catch when she is too tired.

Ya! my gal is swallowing saliva too.

these are clear sign .. can start with a spoon or 2 of the cereal but make sure u buy those fine cereal and not those with chunk of nuts or etc where biting is required

same.. swallow saliva lolz ..
I feed my gal with just a pillow under her head also, she holds her own milk bottle now. :p I just monitor and catch when she is too tired.

Ya! my gal is swallowing saliva too.
haaha ya lo my parents still say nowadays babies so smart know how to swallow their saliva..

6m then start semi solid, not on full... But main will still be milk and then puree/cereals must try and experiment see what she likes lo
I started when my bb turned 5mths! Before that she was super interested in our food. Always salivating when looking at us eat. I started her with some rice cereal. 1st day she quite liked it I think cos it was novel. 2nd day ate slightly more. 3rd day decided she hated it and kept screaming lol. 4th day tried again and she hesitated, ate a bit and kicked up a huge fuss. Not sure whether to continue or stop. Don't want her to "dislike" eating :( read that must keel switching to other food? Each type try abt 4 days to make sure no allergy? Then my box of cereal wasted??

Smelly cuz of the enzymes. Mine also.. my LO rejects all my frozen.. initially I tot I can stop pumping by 6months and my stash should be able to last him another 2months...

Back