IVF/ICSI Support Group

Hi ladies.. I'm out of the race.. bHCG dropped compared to Tue.. I'm feeling Ok cos am mentally prepared after seeing Dr Loh's reply last night.. I'll be back stronger for my FET soon.. Till then.. All the sisters in TWW, JIA YOU!!! Me now go see TSB.. Hee..
sorry to hear abt that, hugs. maybe check with tsb to see how she can improve e chances foor e new try

sorry to hear abt that, hugs. maybe check with tsb to see how she can improve e chances foor e new try
On my way home after seeing her.. She's suspecting my lining not "cushioney" enough (was a 10.8mm single lining).. Since my embryos qty and grading is good.. Asked us to TTC naturally this month while she gives us herbs for natural.. Must make use of the left over medication cos body can still be fertile to BFP naturally.. Crossing our fingers..

@portia3.. how you get this hcg reading?
I went for bt at 9dp3dt at kkivf the moment i see pink discharge. Cos hpt show positive.

10dp3dt i went to kk a&e cos red discharge became heavier. So re do bt.

11dp3dt re do bt again at pte gynae cos discharge is like a light period.

13dp3dt bt is to see if my hcg double. But hcg was not up to the gynae expectation. Hence keep repeating till it reaches a decent level.

On my way home after seeing her.. She's suspecting my lining not "cushioney" enough (was a 10.8mm single lining).. Since my embryos qty and grading is good.. Asked us to TTC naturally this month while she gives us herbs for natural.. Must make use of the left over medication cos body can still be fertile to BFP naturally.. Crossing our fingers..
Hugs Rachelt. Take the chance now to ttc naturally n hope you don't hv to go thru another round again ;)

I went for bt at 9dp3dt at kkivf the moment i see pink discharge. Cos hpt show positive.

13dp3dt bt is to see if my hcg double. But hcg was not up to the gynae expectation. Hence keep repeating till it reaches a decent level.
@portia3.. now i see the resemblance on both our cases..

11DP2DT - brown and little pinkish red discharge.. HPT veri veri veri faint positive..
12DP2DT - light brown + reddish brown discharge.. went kkivf.. hcg 16.1..
13DP2DT - reddish brown discharge got slightly heavier.. continue duphaston and inserts..
14DP2DT - red discharge on and off but slight more than previous day.. tummy starts to have weird cramp.. continue duphaston and inserts..
15DP2DT - RED!.. the weird cramp has been taken over by menses cramp.. BT shows HCG dropped.. Chemical Pregnancy..

now i wonder if i should have acted faster and earlier.. could have saved my embies.. but no point going through the guilt trip.. learn my lesson and move on.. next time I'll be more careful.. must make sure i'm careful..

will try natural ttc and will monitor with HPT.. gonna order from ebay now.. clearblue's cheaper from UK.. hehe..

@portia3.. now i see the resemblance on both our cases..

11DP2DT - brown and little pinkish red discharge.. HPT veri veri veri faint positive..
12DP2DT - light brown + reddish brown discharge.. went kkivf.. hcg 16.1..
13DP2DT - reddish brown discharge got slightly heavier.. continue duphaston and inserts..
14DP2DT - red discharge on and off but slight more than previous day.. tummy starts to have weird cramp.. continue duphaston and inserts..
15DP2DT - RED!.. the weird cramp has been taken over by menses cramp.. BT shows HCG dropped.. Chemical Pregnancy..

now i wonder if i should have acted faster and earlier.. could have saved my embies.. but no point going through the guilt trip.. learn my lesson and move on.. next time I'll be more careful.. must make sure i'm careful..

will try natural ttc and will monitor with HPT.. gonna order from ebay now.. clearblue's cheaper from UK.. hehe..
Rachelt,

Dun look back. Look fwd. Since u hv good quality embbie, it means u hv a hi chance for conception.

9dp3dt kkivf only give me duphaston.

10dp3dt kk a&e only ask me to continue duphaston and utrogeston. And i hv to make them do p4 and E2 blood test for me.

11dp3pt my pte gynae gave me proluton and progynova on top of the duphaston and utrogeston.

13dp3dt my pte gynae gave me intralipid treatment to prevent my immune system from attacking embbie.

I have 1 clearblue digital pregnancy kit and a number of ovulation test strips left. I dun mind giving them to you if you want. Hopefully, they can bring u good news in the near future. PM me if you want.

@portia3, my case is like this..
11dp2dt - Bleeding bright red, stop UTROGESTON, coz i tot is AF arrived and no hope already.
12dp2dt - HCG 23.50, Bleeding bright red
13dp2dt - Bleeding bright red
14dp2dt - HCG 49.40, Brown discharge
15dp2dt - brown discharge, i tot my AF was ended coz usually take 5days, see THH this date & he said shd be Chemical pregnancy.
16dp2dt - cleaned!
17dp2dt - Bleeding bright red, night is brown discharge
18dp2dt - cleaned!
19dp2dt - cleaned!
20dp2dt - HCG: 294.40, after blood test, Bleeding bright red again
21dp2dt - brown discharge
22dp2dt - HCG 39.10, brown discharge
23dp2dt - Bleeding bright red (TODAY)

may i know when's yr BT at lower side, did they tell u u might be in Chemical pregnancy?
did u bedrest?
i tot no hope so i stop UTROGESTON on the 1st day.. and i anyhow take my meal & drink cold drinks & coffee..
not sure is it coz of this tht's y my HCG drop on 20dp2dt..?

So now u're in how many weeks?

sorry for that i have too many questions, coz yr case like quite similar as mine, but i failed this cycle.. :(

O
@portia3, my case is like this..
11dp2dt - Bleeding bright red, stop UTROGESTON, coz i tot is AF arrived and no hope already.
12dp2dt - HCG 23.50, Bleeding bright red
13dp2dt - Bleeding bright red
14dp2dt - HCG 49.40, Brown discharge
15dp2dt - brown discharge, i tot my AF was ended coz usually take 5days, see THH this date & he said shd be Chemical pregnancy.
16dp2dt - cleaned!
17dp2dt - Bleeding bright red, night is brown discharge
18dp2dt - cleaned!
19dp2dt - cleaned!
20dp2dt - HCG: 294.40, after blood test, Bleeding bright red again
21dp2dt - brown discharge
22dp2dt - HCG 39.10, brown discharge
23dp2dt - Bleeding bright red (TODAY)

may i know when's yr BT at lower side, did they tell u u might be in Chemical pregnancy?
did u bedrest?
i tot no hope so i stop UTROGESTON on the 1st day.. and i anyhow take my meal & drink cold drinks & coffee..
not sure is it coz of this tht's y my HCG drop on 20dp2dt..?

So now u're in how many weeks?

sorry for that i have too many questions, coz yr case like quite similar as mine, but i failed this cycle.. :(

KKIVF did not say it is chemical pregnancy. I figured that if i hv a positive hcg of 23, there is a fighting chance that maybe one of my embbies may make it, if not both. Cos bleeding can be due to implantation and many other reason.

Of coz, my heart was anxious and upset when i see the bleed but i held on to hope and went on for more tests and more support. I reckon, if both implanted but one din grow after implant, it may hv caused the bleed or one may hv implanted late and hence the bleed near day 14... i had to persist and try all i can till nothing can be done. I bed rested the whole week during the bleed except to eat and go toilet.

I am now at week 11. Still cautiously positive. Had my harmony test done today and waiting for results to be out in 2 weeks time.

Dun look back. Look fwd. U had a positive hcg already. It means implantation did take place. Yr body is able to conceive. U just hv to find out why the embbie stop growing. Discuss with yr doc. Seek 2nd opinion. Research and seek alternative treatment if you have to.

Each of us is different; different health history, different age profile, ect... so just take all these info here as new knowledge and experience and expand on yr own thoughts, judgement and discuss with the med team u trust before coming to a decision for the next step.

You will succeed one day. Jia you and good luck!

P/S: i hv a no. of ovulation strips to give away. If you are going to try natural or considering iui treatment, i can give them to you. Hope they can bring u good news.

hihi ladies
ivf mommy here
going for #2 at kkh next jan/ feb
anyone took sonohysterography before btw
I dont recall me taking it for my #1
thanks mommies to be :)

@portia3, may I know yr bleeding became heavier, is it like the full flow of yr menses??

R u always visit sfloh after ET to monitor the implantation?

Last edited:
@portia3, may I know yr bleeding became heavier, is it like the full flow of yr menses??

R u always visit sfloh after ET to monitor the implantation?
By 10dp3dt, it resembles the start of my period... like a light period... red drippy discharge.

I only go to dr loh for intralipid treatment actually. Only went to him for additional support after i bfp and found the svc quality and support at kk lacking. I saw him from then on and will continue to do so.

By 10dp3dt, it resembles the start of my period... like a light period... red drippy discharge.

I only go to dr loh for intralipid treatment actually. Only went to him for additional support after i bfp and found the svc quality and support at kk lacking. I saw him from then on and will continue to do so.
May I know u r on which week scanning n saw the bb?

Hi, pressence of endometria cyst is a sign of severe endo. How big is yr cyst? It may or may not affect sucess rates for Ivf. But for natural conception I think chances is lower. I tried 3 years and didn't work thus started Ivf.

Hi tsf0205,

My cysts r 5cm & 3 cm big but my gynea dun recommend surgery cos of scarring & low ovary reserve.. Yeah, can understand that thru natural means, will have lower chances but somehow, my fren able to conceive.. I did IVF in April but was a failure with no frozen eggs also.. :< Now nursing my health back first before deciding whether to go for round 2..

Ladies.. Can anyone of you please tell me how does FET go about?.. What's the process like?
Do you intend to consult dr Loh or dr tan again? You can talk to him about the fet too.. In nuh, they will defroze the embbie a day before, before the transfer then they tell you whether it survive. Try endo scratch and intralipid the next time round. The dr always say triple lining will be better.. So hope your Tcm able to help you in this area too..

@yvejen im ttc for my 2nd bb :)
my gynae said its good to try ivf again when bb 1yo
so he already ordered me to go for bt and a scan in oct which means I need stop bf my #1 in sep when hes 10mo

Hi all

I'm in my 2ww now. Transferred 2 blasts on wed. I have a DD from my first ivf attempt. Fail 1 FET. This is a fresh cycle. Now anxiously waiting. Any cycle buddies in 2ww?

Sisters doing Ivf in KKH, does KKIVF allow ppl in at 7am? They used to be open at 7 for scanning TIA!

Hi.. They only open the door @ 7.30am... The scanning start ard 745 ~ 8am... If you want to go off early then is best you arrive ard 7~715am to Q so that you will not have to wait for long.

NgYL, I think you should see a GP because if the cough is a symptom of a virus, e.g. flu, the last thing you want is for the virus / infection to get worse and that might make it worse for trying to get pregnant. Herbal remedies may not be enough if there is a virus or infection brewing and you need antibiotics. Tell your GP about your IVF process and your fears. I think cough mixtures that are safe for pregnancies will be fine, but of course only a doctor can confirm that.

Lastly, as difficult as it is to try not to worry too much, try to take your mind off the worries, say get yourself distracted by things that interest and relax you. A positive and relaxed mindset helps implantation!
Thanks Archie7! I'm feeling so much better now

Do you intend to consult dr Loh or dr tan again? You can talk to him about the fet too.. In nuh, they will defroze the embbie a day before, before the transfer then they tell you whether it survive. Try endo scratch and intralipid the next time round. The dr always say triple lining will be better.. So hope your Tcm able to help you in this area too..
Hi @Hope42014.. Yup.. Will be seeing Dr Tan on 25 Jul to discuss on FET and next steps.. And yup.. Will be emailing Dr Loh wrt intralipid.. Will most probably go for it too.. Ya.. TSB now targeting on my lining after seeing her yesterday.. Now can only pray and see how God leads..

Maybe the result might be diff IF I never give up at the 1st place like u... but now, is really over... Sigh... anyway Thanks. I will take good care on my next round!

Dun look back. You din know any better back then. Even if you did persist, it doesn't guarantee that the results will be different. I could have been lucky... Dun go on a guilt trip and keep thinking of "what ifs"...

What's impt is that you learn from yr dr and med team on what had happened back then and seek constructive steps towards success for the next round.

Dun give up. We have endure so much to come this far. It may seem like a long shot to getting a bb in our arms successfully but every small step count. When that crying babe is in yr arms, it will be worth every jab, every pain you went through.

Jia you!

Hi.. They only open the door @ 7.30am... The scanning start ard 745 ~ 8am... If you want to go off early then is best you arrive ard 7~715am to Q so that you will not have to wait for long.
Pupnui,

You are almost at the end of yr 2ww, yah?

Doesn't matter if it's morning or night. But once you jab in the morning, you should stick to the timing (plus minus but not too much). It's personal preference. Most hospitals will tell you to jab in morning. But my sis did hers only at night. She bfped by the way. Already popped!

Maybe the result might be diff IF I never give up at the 1st place like u... but now, is really over... Sigh... anyway Thanks. I will take good care on my next round!

it happened to me last time as well. It looks like more than full flow of period, so I stopped all the medicine and didn't go for blood test in time. The 2-day overdue blood test still showed a HCG about 40. So regret....

@lilpeanutxx.. @pingpingzoe.. Let us all move on and learn from our mistakes.. This will make us stronger for our next cycle.. I cried over it and told myself it's done and completed.. Next cycle I'll be more careful and do everything I didn't do this cycle.. I didn't do complete bed rest, cooked my meals, moved around in the house and sat at the computer table for long hours working away.. My FET I'm gonna be completely opposite.. Everything else can wait.. So ladies.. Let's jia you together.. :)

Thanks pupnui. 2ww is really tough to endure. Today is 3dp5dt for me. Have been wondering if my embbies have implanted. No symptoms so far unlike my first fresh cycle.

Ya.. 2WW is really a tough endure.. Coming mon is my BT..
BTW, you done fresh or FET?
What is yr symptoms on yr first fresh?

Dun look back. You din know any better back then. Even if you did persist, it doesn't guarantee that the results will be different. I could have been lucky... Dun go on a guilt trip and keep thinking of "what ifs"...

What's impt is that you learn from yr dr and med team on what had happened back then and seek constructive steps towards success for the next round.

Dun give up. We have endure so much to come this far. It may seem like a long shot to getting a bb in our arms successfully but every small step count. When that crying babe is in yr arms, it will be worth every jab, every pain you went through.

Jia you!
Thanks alot.. keep telling myself there is no 'what if'... n learnt alots from this mistake! !!

Next time I will be more careful. At least from my passed result, I know ivf did help me. Taking these 2 mths to recover my body n move on my next FET!!!!

Jiayou^^

Back