Zhu Sheng Niang Niang (注生娘娘)

Hi dear mummies
Congrats to those that finally have a bb :). Please don't let your thoughts wonder as it will effect your mood and bb's mood and growth too. 胎教is very important.
Firstly I am not here to create trouble but just to explain certain stuff that women believe once we get pregnant. In regards to what we believe.
But those mummies that believe in Buddha and feng shui,please don't believe too much as it will cause you to do drastic stuff and end up hurting your mood or yourself eg: hanging some stuff or drinking weird stuff (I do that to please my mum).
I believe in karma,no fishing or killing. But if we live in ang mo country this is a norm and everyone do it but bb come out perfectly fine. Right?
In ang mo country they have weird believe too! Look up on the internet..
So don't stress over this stuff ya.
Like sticking stuff on the wall or cutting stuff or drawing on the bed. My 3rd bb have it all. I have 2 kids at home, I become so angry despite warning them no to do it but they do and my husband ask me why..kids are kids..my bb came out good and healthy is most important .
All mummies want the best and I been thur miscarriage too. I know how precious it is to have a life in you after losing it. I believe in fate. Really strong fate bring us(mother and child) together. When I am pregnant with my #3, I cried as it was unexpected. I do a lot of house work carry my 2 kids 5&2 when they sleep, when to pray at sibelor..all I did was to belived and have faith in my baby and me. And when she pass the 3mth stage and she grow bigger and healthy I thank kuan yin for giving me a healthy gal and family :).
So to all mummies out there, just relax and keep telling your baby to be strong so you can meet her face to face. We all want a healthy baby :)

Agreed. Don't be overly pantang like everything also cannot, sometimes unavoidable you just tell your baby, no pantang one ah.

But still have to stick to certain beliefs at home, like no painting or nailing when pregnant. Cos 胎神 is everyday at different location.

Yes, I too stick to certain belief like no nailing, no painting and scissor and needle on bed..
7th mth also have good dates to get marry but nowadays which shifu is so accurate to get the right dates

Last night returned home late due to a dinner. My girl woke up crying v badly in the middle of the night for close to an hr. She seldom cries like that.. After 2 hr later, woke up again to cry.. Sleepless night for us.. :(

When I was pregnant with no 1, I didn't know I was pregnant that time & was cutting on the bed. Very lucky baby is alright. I think depends on luck oso. These 2 days I saw on FB that my frd (the one with Angmo hubby) Her f.i.i just passed away yesterday & her mother landed into hospital days ago.. 'Down' times for my frd & her family.. We all have our up & down period. So got to be strong at all times.

Hi... just what i feel.. karma may not be immediate and not necessary that it affects the foetus/ bb directly, but the fact that you have to pay for other sufferings. i. e animal that you eat. It's for sure that 吃半斤还八两. It's just a matter of time. Seeing lots of mtb "pu sheng" and ended up eating animal like turtle soup... etc.. is kind of sad as turtle is not an animal that is meant to be eaten. Frankly speaking I am not so pantang but I believe in karma. It's good that you eat lesser meat to 积多一点福报 for the younger generation. Just my 2 cents worth.

Applegreen, can feel the same sadness on what you meant.. I feel sad that my family are still taking meat.. Really not easy for them to avoid meat totally.. Till they '开窍' one day (like me)

I m on several vegetarian pages in FB & I m quite amazed so many 'ang mo' are vegan/vegetarian. They are so against animal cruelty, animal testing, entertainment, hate hunting as trophy sports.. As I oso thought is a normal culture for 'Ang mo' to hunt, kill & eat.. I was so wrong.. Till I check out the Internet..

Last edited:
Applegreen, can feel the same sadness on what you meant.. I feel sad that my family are still taking meat.. Really not easy for them to avoid meat totally.. Till they '开窍' one day (like me)

I m on several vegetarian pages in FB & I m quite amazed so many 'ang mo' are vegan/vegetarian. They are so against animal cruelty, animal testing, entertainment, hate hunting as trophy sports.. As I oso thought is a normal culture for 'Ang mo' to hunt, kill & eat.. I was so wrong.. Till I check out the Internet..

Judy.. in fact many environmental concern ang mo are "vegan", they don't take any animal source food. i.e gelatin, lecithin, cane sugar, whey, dairy product etc.. actually a lot of food addictive are not vegetarian. It's really up to individual to have their choice of food but animals/ wild animal that are not meant to be food should be spared. This is why, nowadays there are so many kind of diseases and virus spreading around.

Yes agree.. Very scary.. I am glad I m a Singaporean, living in Singapore. Hmmm, a silly qns here.. Is herbal jelly 龟苓膏 safe to eat? Is it made of turtle?

Hi Toberone 老师,读了您在forum 的许多posts。觉得你对宗教和命理的知识广泛。有一些问题想请教,希望您有空时可以为我解答。方便的时候请您PM我一下可以吗?是关于孩子,自己和家庭的。谢谢。

Yes agree.. Very scary.. I am glad I m a Singaporean, living in Singapore. Hmmm, a silly qns here.. Is herbal jelly 龟苓膏 safe to eat? Is it made of turtle?
龟苓膏uses 龟板,the shell of turtle to make into powder form, it is not vegetarian, at bugis i think there is a shop selling veg version.. and its very popular.

龟苓膏uses 龟板,the shell of turtle to make into powder form, it is not vegetarian, at bugis i think there is a shop selling veg version.. and its very popular.
Hmmm n i thought the name is just a gimmick only. So they really used part of turtle ehhh.

Thanks for the info Applegreen.. Didn't know it all along. Seldom take it though cos bitter to me. :p

Lol! I laughed at your post about lao shi hiding away.. Maybe got to avoid from all the 阿 飘.. :p

lovepooh, as I saw your question to laoshi, I just realised everytime I ovulate, it's either one of us will be sick or we will quarrel like mad so no mood liao.... Now that my boy is already 4 this year & I really hope to conceive 2nd child soon so that the age gap is not too big. I am queuing to see Dr Tan in KKH hopefully can do IVF by this year. Hopefully laoshi has time to login & reply soon....

Judy.. in fact many environmental concern ang mo are "vegan", they don't take any animal source food. i.e gelatin, lecithin, cane sugar, whey, dairy product etc.. actually a lot of food addictive are not vegetarian. It's really up to individual to have their choice of food but animals/ wild animal that are not meant to be food should be spared. This is why, nowadays there are so many kind of diseases and virus spreading around.

Hi ladies!

Hope I'm not barging into your conversations.

I share the same thinking as Applegreen as I think it's really the choice of our food that caused so many kinds of diseases that we are experiencing now.
I believe that if we eat them, we have to 'pay them' back in one way or another.

Since I turned vegetarian, I also find it very challenging to avoid foods that use animal sources. I stopped eating all cheesecakes for fear of accidentally taking those made with gelatin. I also avoid tidbits and snacks that contains additives from meat sources like chicken powder, etc.
It really limit the food choices but at least I know it's for a good reason.

Aside to Judy, hope you still remember me from the other vegetarian mummy thread at SMH! ;)

I have been reading silently in the thread for a while (lao shi write in chinese so i need some time to read :))

I had a missed miscarriage this year Mar. BB heartbeat stopped and din grow after 7 weeks (i only found out at 10 weeks) Did a D&C. Of course we were upset but we know we have to move on. I dunno if I will ever have any more kids, i just hope if the next one comes, let him/her be healthy and come into this world. If we are not destined to have any more kids then i will just accept it. Let 老天爷 decide. Meanwhile i will do what we can in terms of seeing TCM and doing coffin donation and trying to be vegetarian.

Yes i did 超度for this 7th month and i also intend to register the guang ming shan, 水陆法会 for this year end. As my mum is s Buddhist, she did encourage me to do it.

I am now trying to eat vegetarian OR 路边斋 at least 1 meal a day. I know lao shi mentioned we have to copy the yao shi fo sutra too, i understand that it is not easy as my mum told me this sutra can take 1 hour to chant so I am not sure if i have the patience to copy the sutra. Moreover i am staying with my MIL in a 3 room flat and the space is quite small (we do not have a proper dining table) and she is a Christian. I need a proper area and I think copying the sutra in the our bedroom can be disrespectful (dunno if i am right). Anyway we are moving out soon probably by next mid 2015. :)

Just my thoughts to air please don't hate me ;)
Have anyone of you follow the "rules" and bad stuff still happens on you?
Eg:eat veteran and will be good for next generation or to yourself?
I am curious as human food chain do include meat stuff to get certain iron or energy.
My dad follow all rules and turn vegetarian..he still in big debt and his life is not fantastic too. He also follow 师父and老师but I find some are out just to cheat donations.(sorry if I offend anyone).it is like a cult teaching for some.
My mum on another hand believe to the max till everything around her happen for a reason. Like who die is because of Kama,or bb born out like this is mummy do wrong stuff or last time karma.and she do a lot of good stuff too. But she say next life she will be better or she can go and next time no need be recanted as human. When I ask her to take care her health and see a doc when she is sick she say she chant this "special" sutra she won't fall sick till an extant to go into hospital and won't have any major illness or end up in hospital at all =_=•...
I wonder why do people have to believe till an extant that their whole life is depend on "believes" to move on..like what day to move house what day to move bed what day to "open fire" in new house what to do to have good luck in 4D or stuff..
I Used to be scare of stuff as my mum always say do this and you will suffer do that you have karma..now I am old I have kids..I find that the max is I only go bugis temple pray for them..every year 1 time. Or unless I giving birth then I go extra times..I believe in my heart there is Buddha is enough. I don't want to "brain wash" my kids to have a mindset I want them to see to believe ..just like in Christian family they preach their kids from young..some are scary till a extant that their whole life depends on god to choose the way or everything is god's plan and god will provide and god will give..but some are just normal teaching still Acceptable..
Anyone here have the same thinking as me?
Sorry as I have bad experience when I am young. The only person that can make things happen or get things going is ourself with a little help from faith,believes,people. And fate...

Dun wori 123, we won't hate you.. Thanks for sharing your views with us.. :) All along I m a free thinker till I turn vegetarian just last year.. I used to think like you too.. Dun really believe all those 'pantang' stuffs. I didn't choose auspicious day for wedding day, moving house, etc. I didn't even consult baby names or fengshui stuff etc.. Everything picked by me randomly. But I do believe in fate, karma & animals got '灵性'.

Always wanted to stop eating meat but couldn't until last year finally just came naturally since I kept falling sick every month & really suffered alot.. Ever since stopped eating meat, I never fall sick like before liao.. Suffering lessen so much.. I m glad I did it. No regrets. I m so much healthier now though I didn't really lose weight from it, lol.. :p

Maybe I can share some videos with you then you will believe more in Buddhism.. PM me if you are keen ok.. Cos dun think can attach link here. Ever shared the link here but got deleted away by mod I think..

Cheers!

Just my thoughts to air please don't hate me ;)
Have anyone of you follow the "rules" and bad stuff still happens on you?
Eg:eat veteran and will be good for next generation or to yourself?
I am curious as human food chain do include meat stuff to get certain iron or energy.
My dad follow all rules and turn vegetarian..he still in big debt and his life is not fantastic too. He also follow 师父and老师but I find some are out just to cheat donations.(sorry if I offend anyone).it is like a cult teaching for some.
My mum on another hand believe to the max till everything around her happen for a reason. Like who die is because of Kama,or bb born out like this is mummy do wrong stuff or last time karma.and she do a lot of good stuff too. But she say next life she will be better or she can go and next time no need be recanted as human. When I ask her to take care her health and see a doc when she is sick she say she chant this "special" sutra she won't fall sick till an extant to go into hospital and won't have any major illness or end up in hospital at all =_=•...
I wonder why do people have to believe till an extant that their whole life is depend on "believes" to move on..like what day to move house what day to move bed what day to "open fire" in new house what to do to have good luck in 4D or stuff..
I Used to be scare of stuff as my mum always say do this and you will suffer do that you have karma..now I am old I have kids..I find that the max is I only go bugis temple pray for them..every year 1 time. Or unless I giving birth then I go extra times..I believe in my heart there is Buddha is enough. I don't want to "brain wash" my kids to have a mindset I want them to see to believe ..just like in Christian family they preach their kids from young..some are scary till a extant that their whole life depends on god to choose the way or everything is god's plan and god will provide and god will give..but some are just normal teaching still Acceptable..
Anyone here have the same thinking as me?
Sorry as I have bad experience when I am young. The only person that can make things happen or get things going is ourself with a little help from faith,believes,people. And fate...

I agree with you.

Chanting of mantra, consult Fengshui and become a vegetarian won't solve the problem.
Don't forget plants and vegetables are also living things.
My mum have changed ancestor Fengshui, chant mantra and eat
vegetarian meals twice a month and nothing was improved.
"Zhao Du" for the deceased also don't see any result.

"Zhao Du" for unborn babies are belief from Japan and Taiwanese
also follow so and do it. The temple will do "zhao Du" for you
cause quite a lot of people request to do. It will make them "feel better".
Do you know how much people are paying for the "zhao Du"?
You "zhao Du" only if you can feel the "spirit" is still around. The spirit will
not "go" if you keep thinking about its presence and even cry ......
will they part? NO! You should let go and let them reborn.

I believe in ghost and spirit and you need not to do it yearly(zhao Du) unless your
love one is "present in your dream" or you can feel the "spirit" around.

There are many con artist trying to get people to do rituals etc.....

For every six couple there will be one not able to conceive .....
( Don't blame on karma, mantra or vegetarian etc)

Adoption is another option.....

If you have the affinity to be a buddhist then naturally you will
chant mantra, become a vegetarian, believe in karma.

For me I don't force myself..... I am a free thinker now.

(don't scold me or give me negative post. Thank you
very much)

Last edited:
Hi dear mummies~
Thank you for understanding where I am coming from.
I study teaching since young. But I stop as it is too far for me and I only go there for the interesting stories :).
When I grow up I join my friend went to church once or twice and I join cell group for a few times(but got scare as it is like a cult).my husband family is Christian but not like those I met during younger days.
I have never experience any dramatic event in life so much to impact me to go vegetarian as I love food:D. I love Buddha teaching since young. It is like a daily life doing eg: don't steal or take whatever that don't belongs to you, don't curse people(I find this super hard @_@), do good deeds(this is tricky:p)
But I believe that to attain such saint mind is really take a lot of hard work and perseverance to do..I can't.i really can't as in can only do the most basic stuff. Go temple :D lol.
I seen monks in this state.i salute them to the max as the way they talk and speak and chant is totally a new level to me compare to my mum. There is a super thin line that people turn believes into superstitious. That is bad...as it will effect your whole life like my mum.it is irrational to follow her orders at times..but I do it to please her and that is my only way to show my love and respect to her.

By the way..I m adopted.
The country I am born in kill chicken to eat or duck or goose..
As that is the way life is..they pray to ancestors no to any god or Buddha...

Just sharing what i feel.. everyone has their choice of religion and preference for food. In this world a lots of things are what we can't see... unless you have the 神通。Maybe like Toblerone 老大。。 still hiding? hehehehe...

Being a vegetarian doesn't earn much credits, just that it stops you for owing more. A simple calculation.. if you eat meat for 28 days minus 初一 and 十五,do you think you still owe or are earning credits? Although it's very limited that you can do with being a vegetarian for both days, its still better than none.

Buddha or god are highly respected because of the good deed that they have done when they are human. i. e being merciful and filial... etc. Even goddess of mercy will walk other path when the ants are blocking her way, avoiding killing any of them. We have to learn to have the 慈悲心。By not killing and eating animal is one way to 培养慈悲心。You can youtube how animals cry when knowing that they are going to be slaughtered. They have soul too, just that they are recairnated as animal this life.

Agree that plants are living thing too. But we have no choice as we need a source of food. Plant is 一魂, Animal 二魂。 Which is why vegetarian choose to survive by eating plants which don't have nerve, bone and blood as the main source of food. However, its still sinful to eat plant thus it is good that you just eat what you need for surviving and not wasting food unnecessary or just to satisfy the desire.

Chanting is good for own cultivation but if you don't have the heart and chanting only to achieve certain objectives is again very limited.. and it is definitely not immediate..

My 2 cents worth. 行好事,存好心,说好话。

Last edited:
Bad timing for me. I realised my AF is here and thus not going to the temple. (I read that it is not very appropriate to go during this time) next time next time.

What is the procedure for taking the red egg huh? How many to return ? Issit must be full month then have to quickly return ?

hello everyone, would like to ask for some advise pls. I recently tested preggy and would like to offer some flowers to the guan yin niang niang at the temple that I usually pray to. Is this ok? Do I need to ask the temple? And if so, what kind of flowers and where can I get them?

Also: I've occasionally see 'candles' on the table at the temple where the joss sticks are. I dunno how much they cost as there usually isn't anyone around to ask. How should I go about buying it?

Thank you in advance.

I got a shock of my life. Oops...没时间回复。

25qui37.jpg

Hi Judy, last week my bil wanted to visit his mum at NUH, my sis they all alighted first and he went to park at carpark alone. He saw some "people" and at first thought they may know the shortcut to the building.. don't know why he lose the ability to think and followed them all the way till near the forest. He regained consciousness when my niece called and asked about his whereabout and why taking him so long. He got a fright and immediately took cab back which costs him around $9+.

Back