Year 2016 IVF Mummy To-Be

Anyone knows when to stop duphaston? Hmmm i forgot to ask THH and my appt with him is wk 16... Don't think eat until wk 16 bah?

Paiseh, wasn't on duphaston last time.

I think I stopped at week 13....

How r u hi_mei? Dropped by to take 5....

Every day struggling with only cat nap n the most 3 hours of full sleep is a challenge man...

N every feeding time is like fighting w my baby get him eat ( he latch on but weak suckle )...pd is concern tt he still not gaining back his birth Weight. ..so think give myself this weeked see if still no Improvement. ..gg throw in the towel liao...

Any mumny/mummy to be Hv any tips for baby with weak suckle (meaning suckle for 5-10mins den stop)?

Thanks in advance

Hi mummies.... can i check when do u first feel your baby movement for first pregnancy?

Earliest for me is week 18 but confirmed is feel d kick at 20 weeks ...

Dun stress about feeling d movement cos if 1st time mummy to be may not be able to distinguish ..

D movement is somtime like fluttering / just a small poke/ like bubble around ur bump area

Every day struggling with only cat nap n the most 3 hours of full sleep is a challenge man...

N every feeding time is like fighting w my baby get him eat ( he latch on but weak suckle )...pd is concern tt he still not gaining back his birth Weight. ..so think give myself this weeked see if still no Improvement. ..gg throw in the towel liao...

Any mumny/mummy to be Hv any tips for baby with weak suckle (meaning suckle for 5-10mins den stop)?

Thanks in advance
Hey dear jiayou...
If u want, u can see a lactation consultant to help with the latching.
If cannot latch/refuse to latch as was my case, u can always pump out and feed first ya... No need to stress. If need to gain weight as advised by PD, u can consider top up with formula...

Latching can be done again when their suckle is stronger (easier on u sleep-wise too). Some of my friends managed to latch in 2nd or 3rd month... Some like me just gave up latching altogether. Just depends on urself. Remember that there is no right or wrong way, whatever it is, u are doing ur best :)

i think i gettg paranoid. i was feeling sharp left lower back pain the whole day since yesterday morning. accompanied with pelvic strain.
i keep thinking shld i jus go n see dr tan hh to get a pc of mind.

i think i gettg paranoid. i was feeling sharp left lower back pain the whole day since yesterday morning. accompanied with pelvic strain.

Is it still painful? If not can monitor but if still pain Better go n see dr tan.

Thanks in advance

U can topup with fm. Don't be too stress over bf.

Anyone knows when to stop duphaston? Hmmm i forgot to ask THH and my appt with him is wk 16... Don't think eat until wk 16 bah? Paiseh, wasn't on duphaston last time.

I was taken off duphaston from week 10 onwards as it added to my unbearable MS. But i realised that even without duphaston, the MS wasn't any better.

I think it is like that with kkh...
Last appt wk 8 then next appt wk 16. In btw is routine oscar scan...

For Tri 1, appt is every 6 weeks. Tri 2 to Tri 3 (before week 36) is every 4 week. After 36 weeks will be weekly visit.
Appt in every 8 weeks is quite long le...

Last edited:

Thanks in advance

Coping with the barely-enough sleep is more challenging during the first few months for 1st time mummies. The mental stress will taper off soon. Must Jia You, ok!
If baby is not gaining back his birth, do you want to try feeding partial formula? You can still latch baby and express out if you are worried that baby will wean off latching automatically. Usually baby will gain lotsa weight if you add formula to his diet. My baby is fed partial formula and he is weighing a whopping 7.7kg at 4months. Dun be stress over breastfeeding, k? Just do what you can!

Hey girl, u better go see Dr Tan. Take care.
I was taken off duphaston from week 10 onwards as it added to my unbearable MS. But i realised that even without duphaston, the MS wasn't any better.

For Tri 1, appt is every 6 weeks. Tri 2 to Tri 3 (before week 36) is every 4 week. After 36 weeks will be weekly visit.
Appt in every 8 weeks is quite long le...
thanks for ur info :)
Haiz ya i think the 8 wk gap qt long too.

no more sharp pain at the back. bt tummy is soo heavy, like being push down..
I think it is really better if u check with a doctor.
Cos for me the first sign of contractions is sharp back pain.... So i won't take it lightly...
Take care ya...

no more sharp pain at the back. bt tummy is soo heavy, like being push down..

How far are you into your pregnancy and when is your next appt with Dr? The pain is intermittent every day but bearable?
I used to feel it from 32 weeks and i din ask Dr until my 36 weeks appt. He said it was normal but at the same time, he did the dilation check and said i had dilated to 5cm and scheduled me for induction 1 week later if no signs of contractions. I am not saying that you might have dilated, but if it is bothering you, would be good to talk to Dr and clear your doubts.

I packed disposable cotton panties, sanitary pad, tissue paper, bills from clinic to claim, marriage cert to apply BB birth certificate, heated hair comb, bb clothes to wear when discharge, own set of clothes for discharge, socks n toothbrush toothpaste.

OMG.. lucky u mentioned marriage certificate! I almost forgot. :)

What's bb's weight now? No contractions, no signs at all?
You can start counting down..... and please get enough sleep while you can. Else you have lots to catch up on after that!

What's bb's weight now? No contractions, no signs at all?
You can start counting down..... and please get enough sleep while you can. Else you have lots to catch up on after that!

Last week he was 3.07kg. But his head was 332 or something and Dr said max is 350 or else difficult to come out.
Got Braxton hicks and it's getting more intense but it's not often and other than that nothing else. My Dr said if braxton hicks is not often then it's not time yet.
Need to pee more often also.
I try to get enough sleep but no position is comfy.

How far are you into your pregnancy and when is your next appt with Dr? The pain is intermittent every day but bearable?
I used to feel it from 32 weeks and i din ask Dr until my 36 weeks appt. He said it was normal but at the same time, he did the dilation check and said i had dilated to 5cm and scheduled me for induction 1 week later if no signs of contractions. I am not saying that you might have dilated, but if it is bothering you, would be good to talk to Dr and clear your doubts.
i only 22 wks.. alamak.. my next appt is 2/6 le. i doubt so la.. hope is just babies are growing well & expanding my tummy..

i only 22 wks.. alamak.. my next appt is 2/6 le. i doubt so la.. hope is just babies are growing well & expanding my tummy..

The pain mean different things to different individuals, so if you are concerned about the pain, call and check if you could bring forward the appt. But i think THH's May schedule is full, so might have to try walk-in. For me, when i was worried about certain symptoms, i will just walk-in to see a private gynae if i really could not get to see THH.

The pain mean different things to different individuals, so if you are concerned about the pain, call and check if you could bring forward the appt. But i think THH's May schedule is full, so might have to try walk-in. For me, when i was worried about certain symptoms, i will just walk-in to see a private gynae if i really could not get to see THH.
yalor. i monitor the kicks first.. so long both got kicks, shld be fine..

Hehe enjoy ur sleep while u can babe :) Baby will come out when ready.
If u really buay tahan can induce. But heard induction is more painful, so i won't really go for it if u are gonna try for no epidural.

Yup I don't want to induce also. It's like evicting him. Lol. I'm trying to naturally induce by exercising.

Hi I wld be 31 weeks this Friday .... Just went toilet and saw that I have some brown stains .... I am with dr Loh..: does anyone know how does it work in TMC for such issues ?

I'm only about 20 weeks and have this pressure down feel at the cervix area. It's pretty painful when I try to walk or use the abdominal muscle.
I had it for a couple days but did not visit gynea since baby is still kicking hard (ouch... I worry that the kick will get worse in later stage) .
Anyway, I just had my detail scan today and baby is doing fine; and gynae says that the pain is because I have no stomach muscle! :( Gosh ...
Now, I have to get a belly support :(

Not sure if yours is the same case but if need, check with you gynae :)

Yup I don't want to induce also. It's like evicting him. Lol. I'm trying to naturally induce by exercising.

Jia you !
Think it depends on individual body.
A friend bravely told me that she gave birth to a 3.8kg via inducte labor & NO epidural.
I wish I have the courage, high pain tolerance and the luck to have smooth delivery.

Anyway, hope you will have a smooth delivery too... :)

Hi I wld be 31 weeks this Friday .... Just went toilet and saw that I have some brown stains .... I am with dr Loh..: does anyone know how does it work in TMC for such issues ?
Hey, for spotting in 3rd tri don't play play, go TMC immediately to check. If Dr Loh closed, they shd have some monitoring unit for pregnant mummies under the A&E right? Sorry i am not TMC patient.

Jia you !
A friend bravely told me that she gave birth to a 3.8kg via inducte labor & NO epidural.
I wish I have the courage, high pain tolerance and the luck to have smooth delivery.

Wow she is so brave......

I'm only about 20 weeks and have this pressure down feel at the cervix area. It's pretty painful when I try to walk or use the abdominal muscle.
I had it for a couple days but did not visit gynea since baby is still kicking hard (ouch... I worry that the kick will get worse in later stage) .
Anyway, I just had my detail scan today and baby is doing fine; and gynae says that the pain is because I have no stomach muscle! :( Gosh ...
Now, I have to get a belly support :(

Not sure if yours is the same case but if need, check with you gynae :)
Great that ur baby is doing fine! R u carrying v low that's why also?

Can go TMC 24 hr to get a support jab. They will check with dr Loh. If not U email him.

I bought the support pillow from q100. But does not work for me. In fact, I hv been sleeping on my Lorenzo recliner sofa for the last few months. Need to sort of sit up at about 45 degrees to sleep. Haha. Can't sleep sideways as neither boys will be comfortable.

Went tmc ...they hooked me up on ctg...luckily no contraction. Nurse informed dr Loh. As no contraction, I can return home but asked to monitor the discharge.

That's good. If still have brown discharge Pls go get a support jab.
I was on ctg today too. Monitor bb activity

Great that ur baby is doing fine! R u carrying v low that's why also?[/QUOTE]

Thanks!
Apparently gynae didn't mention it's low .. He just say "no stomach muscle" and therefore no more long shopping hours for me :(

SINGAPORE: Employers can apply for the reimbursement for the additional week of paternity leave from Jul 1 this year, after the Child Development Co-savings (Amendment) Bill was passed in Parliament on Monday (May 9).

Minister for Social and Family Development Tan Chuan-Jin said companies will be reimbursed for employees who take the additional week of paternity leave from Aug 24, 2015, to Jun 30, 2016.

Eligible self-employed fathers can also apply to be reimbursed for their loss of income, he added.

Mr Tan said this was part of the Government's continued efforts to create a "pro-family environment" in Singapore. "It's always best for children to grow up in that environment," he told Parliament.

THE CALL FOR MORE PRO-BIRTH POLICIES

First-term MP Louis Ng lauded the amended Bill in Parliament, saying it helps fathers like himself to spend more time with their children. "Life has changed for me from having tea parties with Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong and the ministers, to now having weekly tea parties with my daughter," he shared.

Workers' Party Non-constituency Member of Parliament (NCMP) Daniel Goh also pointed out during the debate that gender equality is important to help address the country's birth rate and parenting mindsets.

"As more fathers take on more responsibilities in childcare, pro-birth policies such as flexi-work should adapt to help fathers realise their parenting aspirations," he suggested, adding that such work practices should be applied to both the mother and the father.

He also said the Government can take the lead in changing mindsets by giving fathers the same benefits as mothers do, with regards to childcare.

"Additional childcare subsidies for working mothers should be made gender-neutral and extended to working fathers, so that lower-income female home-makers with several children or elderly dependents are not denied the subsidy and can provide better care for their dependents."

UNWED PARENTS CAN TAP CDA FUNDS

The Bill will also allow unwed parents to access Child Development Account (CDA) funds, which includes the S$3,000 CDA First Step grant.

"Children of unwed parents may be disadvantaged and require more support. The Child Development Co-savings scheme encourages unwed parents to contribute to the child's CDA for his or her development needs and the amount will be matched by the Government up to a cap," said Mr Tan.

These benefits will likely kick in to benefit children born from the third quarter of this year, he added.

During the debate, Assoc Prof Goh argued that while unlocking the CDA funds for children of unwed parents is a "good first step", more can be done. For instance, extending the Baby Bonus cash gift to the same children, but depositing the money into their CDA so that the money can be locked up for the sole benefit of the children.

Explaining the review into benefits for children born to unwed parents, Mr Tan said: "We want to encourage families to have children within the confines of parenthood, and within the confines of marriage. This is still the prevailing social norm and I think we will all agree that it is always best for children to grow up in that environment. I think that is something that we want to continue to encourage."

Mr Tan added that the Act will be further amended in future Parliament settings, such as to mandate the second week of paternity leave, for instance. The second week of paternity leave is currently offered on a voluntary basis by the private sector.

Well, it depends v much on how u look at it. Like my SIL when I asked if she stored, she told me she did not as she feels that everything is fated & if it happens then leave it to the one up there. But for me I feel differently. I don't want any regrets on the "if only" situation to arise. So yeah, u just gota weigh the pros & cons yourself & your comfort level whether to store or not.

True true.. Think I'm like you, don't want any regrets in a "what if"'situation.. By the way, which one did you store at?

Ummm, i have stated my bad experience with them as above. In the end, the collected cord blood was contaminated and couldn't be used, but I still have to pay close to S$1K of admin and processing fee. When my hubs saw the ah lian who came to collect the box, he asked if he was able to drive down to the yishun plant to hand the box directly, but was given excuses like security blah blah.
Initially, we followed what our friends did, to deposit the cord blood cos it's "life insurance" with minimal knowledge and the sales person who attended to us painted quite a beautiful pix, so perhaps, all in all, I am not comfortable with them.

Oh i went to Cordlife seminar last Saturday and ask their speaker (can't remember his name but is some dr something) about this issue.. He say the cord blood contamination is usually caused at the point of collection cos of the unsterile environment, tho the chances is low, like less then 3%. And apparently the collected cord blood can tahan 48hours without being refridgerated or frozen or whatever before they process it.. And they recently remove the non-refundable fee..

Jia you !

Woah 3.8kg! And induced with no epidural! Your friend is very strong.

Thank you :)

Ya.. Induced is pain.. Try walking more, do squats, maybe have sex more.. Lol

Ya I've been doing squats, lunges etc. It's like boot camp! Maybe I should walk more. I don't want to induce also and my Dr can wait till 40wks +10 days. So maybe I should do more of the exercises.
My husband wouldn't touch me because he's scared his son will stare at him accusingly when he comes out. Lol.

Woah 3.8kg! And induced with no epidural! Your friend is very strong.

Thank you :)

Ya I've been doing squats, lunges etc. It's like boot camp! Maybe I should walk more. I don't want to induce also and my Dr can wait till 40wks +10 days. So maybe I should do more of the exercises.
My husband wouldn't touch me because he's scared his son will stare at him accusingly when he comes out. Lol.
Yup, if you can go for natural, go for natural. But at the same time, must be very careful of the risks of staying too long in the womb, like baby consuming meconium, the umbilical cord etc. They all carry risks...

If baby is getting too comfy inside also no good. Comes a point, he must still come out.
Dun shy away from asking for pain relief if you need it. My Dr ever shared the many cases where the mummies insisted on delivering without pain relief and most ending up having to do e-csect coz the labour process had drag too long. The babies may be exposed to more risks then. That is why it is important for us to know our pain threshold and then make a sound decision. No matter what mode of delivery we choose, it is for the best of the mummy and baby.

Back