Year 2016 IVF Mummy To-Be

I'm still on duphaston, seeing gynae on 16th may (12+ weeks), will ask him if I need to continue taking (my supply till 20+ May). How come your appt so long? 6 weeks apart?
I think it is like that with kkh...
Last appt wk 8 then next appt wk 16.

In btw is routine oscar scan...

Yup, agree with you.... For all my friends who have stored cord blood, including myself for my first child, we have not had any contamination cases though. Anyway i rather the company be truthful to me than to bluff me that it is suitable and continue storing and continue charging me... Imagine when you need it and it is actually spoilt... Anyway, my friend did mention about her regrets for not storing cord blood when her doctor asked for it when her child needs a transplant - guess it's impt to think through.

Yah, my biggest worry is when suey suey something happens and i need the cord blood, but didn't store.. Haiz, so many things to think about siar.

I think it is like that with kkh...
Last appt wk 8 then next appt wk 16.

In btw is routine oscar scan...
My gynae also in KKH. THH asked me see back my gynae at week 8 then my gynae scheduled week 12 after first appt, on the same day I have oscar scan. Done my blood test last week.

By the way, will IVF affect Oscar results?

My gynae also in KKH. THH asked me see back my gynae at week 8 then my gynae scheduled week 12 after first appt, on the same day I have oscar scan. Done my blood test last week.

By the way, will IVF affect Oscar results?
No la. Ivf pregnancies shd not cause problem got oscar.

Yah, my biggest worry is when suey suey something happens and i need the cord blood, but didn't store.. Haiz, so many things to think about siar.

Well, it depends v much on how u look at it. Like my SIL when I asked if she stored, she told me she did not as she feels that everything is fated & if it happens then leave it to the one up there. But for me I feel differently. I don't want any regrets on the "if only" situation to arise. So yeah, u just gota weigh the pros & cons yourself & your comfort level whether to store or not.

Hi mummies.... can i check when do u first feel your baby movement for first pregnancy?
I felt mine at about 23rd week. Was worried initially why most people can feel it much earlier but my gynae said it would usually be more obvious in week 22 or 23. My placenta position was anterior (front of the womb) so I thought it might have cushioned the initial movements which were less "forceful".

Anyone knows when to stop duphaston? Hmmm i forgot to ask THH and my appt with him is wk 16... Don't think eat until wk 16 bah?

Paiseh, wasn't on duphaston last time.

I finished up what he prescribed in week 12 or 13. It's supposed to stabilise the pregnancy and usually not needed after first trimester. Better to check with him Dr Tan. Can call up clinic D n ask the nurse to check for u.

U will see ur doctor to review the NT scan result (Oscar scan). So appointment is still abt 4 weeks apart in 2nd trimester.

With KKH. My last gynae appt was at week 8. Just did my OSCAR a few days ago, the dr who reviewed the result with me wasn't my gynae but another one at ADC (antenatal diagnostic centre). My next gynae appt is at week 16.

IVF won't affect OSCAR results. My results turned out to be very low risk.

With KKH. My last gynae appt was at week 8. Just did my OSCAR a few days ago, the dr who reviewed the result with me wasn't my gynae but another one at ADC (antenatal diagnostic centre). My next gynae appt is at week 16.

IVF won't affect OSCAR results. My results turned out to be very low risk.
The Oscars results is immediate after scan?

Can I ask what's your age? I didn't do any test (except detailed scan) for my last 2 pregnancies so not sure what to expect or if IVF or age will affect a great deal. Hope everything will be ok. Your EDD also in Nov?

Anyone knows when to stop duphaston? Hmmm i forgot to ask THH and my appt with him is wk 16... Don't think eat until wk 16 bah?

Paiseh, wasn't on duphaston last time.

Duphaston is to be continued until at least 12 weeks of pregnancy - there's a piece of paper attached to the 1st scan form when we are tested positive for pregnancy indicating so (for those who are with KKH). Rationale's that around 12 weeks the placenta will take over the progesterone production from the follicles (corpus luteum), so the pregnancy is usually stable after that. Individual gynaes may still advise continuing until later part of pregnancy, so yes do check with your gynae.

In my case I stopped taking at 8 weeks after seeing my gynae and she advised that it's fine for me to stop. Mainly due to the nausea I was having, and I still had big multiple corpus luteum seen during the scan done during consultation.

The Oscars results is immediate after scan?

Can I ask what's your age? I didn't do any test (except detailed scan) for my last 2 pregnancies so not sure what to expect or if IVF or age will affect a great deal. Hope everything will be ok. Your EDD also in Nov?

I'm 34 this year. The OSCAR results is released immediately after the scan, just that have to wait for the doctor to review the results (as the one doing the scan is a sonographer). My EDD's 9/11 (originally 14/11), got adjusted after the OSCAR scan as it's more detailed and accurate compared to the first scan.

I'm 34 this year. The OSCAR results is released immediately after the scan, just that have to wait for the doctor to review the results (as the one doing the scan is a sonographer). My EDD's 9/11 (originally 14/11), got adjusted after the OSCAR scan as it's more detailed and accurate compared to the first scan.
Thanks for the details! Looking forward to mine next week!

Thanks for the details! Looking forward to mine next week!

Do enjoy the moment. You'll get to see baby very clearly - the sonographer who did my scan showed me all the parts of baby from head to feet, including brain, spine and heartbeat, and gave me some of the scan photos (not all, cos there's a lot of photos taken for the individual parts for the calculation purpose. Just those showing bb in full and head shot). And don't expect to know gender yet - too early!

Do empty your bladder for the scan. The counter staff will tell you when you arrive at the clinic.

Do enjoy the moment. You'll get to see baby very clearly - the sonographer who did my scan showed me all the parts of baby from head to feet, including brain, spine and heartbeat, and gave me some of the scan photos (not all, cos there's a lot of photos taken for the individual parts for the calculation purpose. Just those showing bb in full and head shot). And don't expect to know gender yet - too early!

Do empty your bladder for the scan. The counter staff will tell you when you arrive at the clinic.
I saw my friend's Oscar scan from another hospital, it was so clear. Wonder if the ADC one is also as clear! Did the sonographer tell you that the measurements are alright?

Hope for healthy baby, gender is secondary (in fact not intending to find out till I give birth).

I saw my friend's Oscar scan from another hospital, it was so clear. Wonder if the ADC one is also as clear! Did the sonographer tell you that the measurements are alright?

Hope for healthy baby, gender is secondary (in fact not intending to find out till I give birth).

Never seen scans from another hospital, to me the scans at ADC are clear. The sonographer only mentioned about CRL (crown-rump length), didn't mention the others and didn't say whether the measurements are okay. She said the dr will go through the results with me after the scan. But I did some read up before the scan, so I roughly know the measurements are okay by looking at the measurements shown during the scan. The doctor gave me a copy of the OSCAR result during the review, and the measurements are stated in the report.

hey mummies, which week we are supposed to go del suite if any emergencies arrives for kkh patients? or still to go to 24 hrs clinic? my friend told me the booklet will say. but i couldnt find it..

hey mummies, which week we are supposed to go del suite if any emergencies arrives for kkh patients? or still to go to 24 hrs clinic? my friend told me the booklet will say. but i couldnt find it..
Hello!

O&G (24-hour) Clinic

women24hr.jpg

The O&G (24-hour) Clinic is a walk-in clinic for women with emergency O&G conditions.

We provide round-the-clock service for early or post pregnancy related conditions, gynaecological complaints; such as acute vaginal bleeding and severe pelvic pain. The Clinic, located at Basement 1 of Women's Tower, caters to walk-in patients.

For expectant mothers who are at least 22 weeks into their pregnancy, and with concerns such as waterbag leakage, vaginal bleeding or signs of labour, please proceed to our Delivery Suite, located at Level 2 of Women's Tower, directly.

Source: http://www.kkh.com.sg/services/women/oandg24hourclinic/Pages/Home.aspx

Hello!

O&G (24-hour) Clinic

women24hr.jpg

The O&G (24-hour) Clinic is a walk-in clinic for women with emergency O&G conditions.

We provide round-the-clock service for early or post pregnancy related conditions, gynaecological complaints; such as acute vaginal bleeding and severe pelvic pain. The Clinic, located at Basement 1 of Women's Tower, caters to walk-in patients.

For expectant mothers who are at least 22 weeks into their pregnancy, and with concerns such as waterbag leakage, vaginal bleeding or signs of labour, please proceed to our Delivery Suite, located at Level 2 of Women's Tower, directly.

Source: http://www.kkh.com.sg/services/women/oandg24hourclinic/Pages/Home.aspx
thank you. so is 22 wks onwards, go del suite directly..

But usually if the kid has genetic problems, wouldn't the cord blood be not suitable cos it came from the kid himself?
Yup, i did some research on this too... If the child has a genetic condition, usually the doctor won't wanna risk. But i see alot of environmentally triggered diseases nowadays too, and that it's more of a peace of mind that i do it... When i did it for my first child, i feel obliged to do for my 2nd child too... LOL... It's like storing their raw stuffs since day 1. I did placenta encapsulation too! Although i never eat them.........,. :O

Try talking to Cordlife, they really are more professional in the way they conduct their sales... Unlike another company i spoke to, so pushy and used rolex vs swatch to compare the companies, i'm like Har?? Medical healthcare companies should have certain standards la......

U will see ur doctor to review the NT scan result (Oscar scan). So appointment is still abt 4 weeks apart in 2nd trimester.
Is it? I don't think THH saw me after oscar for last pregnancy also... So my appt in btw 1st and 2nd tri always 8 weeks apart...
Hmmm mb different doctor different practice...

Duphaston is to be continued until at least 12 weeks of pregnancy - there's a piece of paper attached to the 1st scan form when we are tested positive for pregnancy indicating so (for those who are with KKH). Rationale's that around 12 weeks the placenta will take over the progesterone production from the follicles (corpus luteum), so the pregnancy is usually stable after that. Individual gynaes may still advise continuing until later part of pregnancy, so yes do check with your gynae.

In my case I stopped taking at 8 weeks after seeing my gynae and she advised that it's fine for me to stop. Mainly due to the nausea I was having, and I still had big multiple corpus luteum seen during the scan done during consultation.

I finished up what he prescribed in week 12 or 13. It's supposed to stabilise the pregnancy and usually not needed after first trimester. Better to check with him Dr Tan. Can call up clinic D n ask the nurse to check for u.

Okie thanks!

Is it? I don't think THH saw me after oscar for last pregnancy also... So my appt in btw 1st and 2nd tri always 8 weeks apart...
Hmm? I remember meeting THH after doing the Oscar & the 20th week scan on the same day respectively.

I believe it could be the works of the counter nurse who did the scheduling of appointments. In the event if you want to meet THH nearer, you can request. No need to wait 8 weeks apart. That's like far too long.

Hmm? I remember meeting THH after doing the Oscar & the 20th week scan on the same day respectively.

I believe it could be the works of the counter nurse who did the scheduling of appointments. In the event if you want to meet THH nearer, you can request. No need to wait 8 weeks apart. That's like far too long.
8 weeks feel so long... But actually scan time can see baby so maybe helps to put more at ease..

Depend whether ur Oscar date n his review date fall on the same date. For me I asked the nurse to arrange on the same day. As for DR Tan appt 2nd tri is every 4wks once. 3rd tri, he will change to every 2wks.

Depend whether ur Oscar date n his review date fall on the same date. For me I asked the nurse to arrange on the same day. As for DR Tan appt 2nd tri is every 4wks once. 3rd tri, he will change to every 2wks.
Actually other than the waiting time, good to see him more often (feel good factor) especially when the govt gives us S$900 for the pre-delivery expenses :p

i've seen dr tan hh think 1 or 2 wks after oscar, seen doc on duty at ADC that day. She explained the report. so when seen dr tan hh, he just said everything is fine, no need further tests le.
when detailed scan, i seen him right after the scan. didnt see the doc at adc. he also quite brief la. just said babies are fine. at normal percentile. im seeing him every 4 wks for 2nd trimester nw. still seeing him at clinic D too! the clerk didnt put me to Tps lei..

Wah really ah? Haiz nvm i save his one consultation lor.
Actually i thought even 3rd tri my appts were abt 4-5 wks apart. Only at wk 36 then he changed to weekly.
Mb THH loves to help me save money lol...

i've seen dr tan hh think 1 or 2 wks after oscar, seen doc on duty at ADC that day. She explained the report. so when seen dr tan hh, he just said everything is fine, no need further tests le.
when detailed scan, i seen him right after the scan. didnt see the doc at adc. he also quite brief la. just said babies are fine. at normal percentile. im seeing him every 4 wks for 2nd trimester nw. still seeing him at clinic D too! the clerk didnt put me to Tps lei..
U tell doc tan that u want to see him at TPS. TPS only tue afternoon. Usually quite packed one. Clinic D he quite fast.

why? you prefer TPS or Clinic D? :p

I'm also paying Pte rate but seeing handsome at clinic D. They didn't switch me though it was mentioned that they will transfer me to tps after 1st tri. Anyhow we didn't probe further as tps is fixed on Tuesday only while clinic D is like they schedule u in any day which we are fine with it. And surprisingly the waiting time is relatively short. And so far we manged to see him on the day we have scans at ADC. So maybe it's all abt coinciding with his schedule.

Btw, when is a good time to start drinking coconut water??

I'm also paying Pte rate but seeing handsome at clinic D. They didn't switch me though it was mentioned that they will transfer me to tps after 1st tri. Anyhow we didn't probe further as tps is fixed on Tuesday only while clinic D is like they schedule u in any day which we are fine with it. And surprisingly the waiting time is relatively short. And so far we manged to see him on the day we have scans at ADC. So maybe it's all abt coinciding with his schedule.

Btw, when is a good time to start drinking coconut water??

Some people start week 32 onwards some start week 34.

I packed disposable cotton panties, sanitary pad, tissue paper, bills from clinic to claim, marriage cert to apply BB birth certificate, heated hair comb, bb clothes to wear when discharge, own set of clothes for discharge, socks n toothbrush toothpaste.
Bunny do we need to wear our own clothes during hospital stay or tmc will provide hospital gown like Kkh?

Actually other than the waiting time, good to see him more often (feel good factor) especially when the govt gives us S$900 for the pre-delivery expenses :p

Hello, mummy,

I could be wrong, i think govt did not give you $$900 for pre-delivery expense, i think they merely allow you to use your up to $900 from your very own medisave account to pay for pre-delivery expense.

The difference is very significant ya. Cheers

I packed disposable cotton panties, sanitary pad, tissue paper, bills from clinic to claim, marriage cert to apply BB birth certificate, heated hair comb, bb clothes to wear when discharge, own set of clothes for discharge, socks n toothbrush toothpaste.
what is heated haircomb?? so interesting!

Back