Year 2016 IVF Mummy To-Be

Hello mummies!! JTS... I've safely delivered our twinnes yesterday right smack on 37 weeks! It was a last min decision to bring them out earlier as Dr handsome wasn't confident that I can wait till the 9th as I would be 1 day shy of 38 weeks. I might risk having e-csec plus I felt a tad lesser movements on one of the nights which made me paranoid. Jie jie came out at 2.3kg and didi 2.6kg. Coz jie jie is less than 2.6kg so they gota monitor her sugar levels.

The csec experience is out of this world!! The tugging & pressing against my chest and below is really OMGGG!!! I literally teared & made a lot of noise & felt my ribcage is falling apart! But it could be just me due to the position of them. My sis & sil didn't really encounter pain per se with the same tugging etc. But yes, once u see the babies when they brought to u to kiss kiss/skin contact is so surreal. I teared & teared esp knowing how hard we have gone through to get here.

So to all mummies/daddies whom are waiting to pop...jia you!!! Wishing everyone a smooth delivery ahead!

Hello mummies!! JTS... I've safely delivered our twinnes yesterday right smack on 37 weeks! It was a last min decision to bring them out earlier as Dr handsome wasn't confident that I can wait till the 9th as I would be 1 day shy of 38 weeks. I might risk having e-csec plus I felt a tad lesser movements on one of the nights which made me paranoid. Jie jie came out at 2.3kg and didi 2.6kg. Coz jie jie is less than 2.6kg so they gota monitor her sugar levels.

The csec experience is out of this world!! The tugging & pressing against my chest and below is really OMGGG!!! I literally teared & made a lot of noise & felt my ribcage is falling apart! But it could be just me due to the position of them. My sis & sil didn't really encounter pain per se with the same tugging etc. But yes, once u see the babies when they brought to u to kiss kiss/skin contact is so surreal. I teared & teared esp knowing how hard we have gone through to get here.

So to all mummies/daddies whom are waiting to pop...jia you!!! Wishing everyone a smooth delivery ahead!
Congrats babe!! So happy for you

Congrats gal!! U and the twinnies did so well! Welcome to motherhood!

Congrats!!! Rest well ok.
I did my csect ten days ago. Try to rest more while in hospital. Once home will be busy.

Congratulation n well done babe ! :)

Do try to rest more (esp sleep more ) if can in hospital as gg be a busy bee when home....

Wow! You did very well. Congrats!! Wish you a speedy smooth recovery and enjoy your motherhood!

congrats milogirl!! such a gd job! they are both good weights! so dr tan decide jiejie come out first?

Congrats Milo!!!

Ooo dear I chop mine with handsome Dr @2.00pm on Friday. Is ur a ecase?

Hi dear, mine wasn't e-csec. Mine was last-min-slot-in csec. Quite a mad rush to do the final paperwork. Haha...I guess if u have at least 24hrs advance notice with OT slot available, it wouldn't be emergency. Initially we wanted on that day itself on 2nd June but that will deemed to be emergency. That's why we did the following day instead after handsome called OT side to confirm that 1 & only slot available

Congrats Bunny! Didn't know that u've delivered! I remember our edd abt the same? U take care too ya

Haha ya. Mine was quite sudden too cos my BP high n twin 2 weight stagnant with low fluid so dr Loh want me to deliver early. I delivered at week 35+5 weeks n was so worried baby need nicu but dr Loh assured me is ok to bring babies out at week 35 and with steriod jab not necessary need nicu.
With confinement nanny & helper at home still manageable for now. Hope after CL leave I can still cope. Now I can even take nap ;-P

Haha ya. Mine was quite sudden too cos my BP high n twin 2 weight stagnant with low fluid so dr Loh want me to deliver early. I delivered at week 35+5 weeks n was so worried baby need nicu but dr Loh assured me is ok to bring babies out at week 35 and with steriod jab not necessary need nicu.
With confinement nanny & helper at home still manageable for now. Hope after CL leave I can still cope. Now I can even take nap ;-P
Hope you feel better by now. Jia you! :)

Hi dear, mine wasn't e-csec. Mine was last-min-slot-in csec. Quite a mad rush to do the final paperwork. Haha...I guess if u have at least 24hrs advance notice with OT slot available, it wouldn't be emergency. Initially we wanted on that day itself on 2nd June but that will deemed to be emergency. That's why we did the following day instead after handsome called OT side to confirm that 1 & only slot available
I chop my date with handsome dr 2mths ago. I have be asking him for letter to do admission. He keep telling no need. I chop him on 1july. Hear he call the OT to book 2slots after me another of his pt too. My next appt with him. I will be 34wk. Will remind him to let me do admission. Otherwise I wouldn't be able to know how much n which class to choose

Mine was also delivered at 35ww+ 5...n yup not necessary nicu although he is small for his gastration age. ..

N oh painful steroid job but as long as it help bb...The mummy will grind through the teeth N take it in our stride. ..*well done babe**

Mine was also delivered at 35ww+ 5...n yup not necessary nicu although he is small for his gastration age. ..

N oh painful steroid job but as long as it help bb...The mummy will grind through the teeth N take it in our stride. ..*well done babe**
Did u managed to get any hospitalisation insurance for bb? I was told many ins reject because they are considered premature

Did u managed to get any hospitalisation insurance for bb? I was told many ins reject because they are considered premature

I didnt seek out any insurance yet cos bb tt time in hospital hv issue w his head scan so need follow up ..

I pray everything will be alright (next wk follow up) ..den I will go find out more about insurance thingy ....

Hi mummies for c section in tmc...the package is. 3 days, the day of c section is considered day 1? If I deliver on Friday, discharge Sunday?

Hi mummies for c section in tmc...the package is. 3 days, the day of c section is considered day 1? If I deliver on Friday, discharge Sunday?

It's consider 4 days 3 nights. If u deliver fri should discharge mon. U can check in midnight cos charges for the day is the same.

Ya 35+weeker baby doesn't necessarily means require nicu. If they're healthy & at least 2kg and above usually no issues wan. Anyway glad that u've also safely delivered. Now can enjoy the fruits of your labour!

I'm also having CL & helper with my mum helping me doing marketing...so I guess I still can rest easy for that 1 mth at least with the possibility of extending. Everyone was telling me for some reasons, the little angels turn into little monsters once they get home from the hospital! :eek:....keeping my fingers crossed!

Yes feeling much better. Thanks! Now planning baby shower which is headache also. Everyone said must have bb shower early n not late by one day.

From wat I understand from my sis CL during then was if bb girl cannot do late but bb boy is ok. Rationale was bb girl if do late next time will be left on the shelf. Something along that line. We're doing away with bb shower so save us 1 headache. Hehehe but do remember to ask your CL to be your gatekeeper so that your boys will have lesser bodily contact with friends or relatives.

I chop my date with handsome dr 2mths ago. I have be asking him for letter to do admission. He keep telling no need. I chop him on 1july. Hear he call the OT to book 2slots after me another of his pt too. My next appt with him. I will be 34wk. Will remind him to let me do admission. Otherwise I wouldn't be able to know how much n which class to choose

If he has booked the date & time with OT side, u can just go ahead with pre-admmission paper works first. I did it w/o his admission letter also coz we kiasu! They will just KIV that part. So we had the cost breakdown & selected our ward class tentatively first w/o paying deposit as u can pay upon actual admission once u confirm chop your ward class that very day.

hello mummy,

You might want to consider putting a bottle of hand sanitiser next to your baby cot so that all your frens who cannot resist and want to touch your baby can at least use it

Enjoy

Yes feeling much better. Thanks! Now planning baby shower which is headache also. Everyone said must have bb shower early n not late by one day.

That's the belief. To make things worse, i think the full month celebration need to follow the chinese calendar le, may not necessary be 30 days from the birth of your babies. Quite sian hor. How's your csect wound getting along? Better?

Ya 35+weeker baby doesn't necessarily means require nicu. If they're healthy & at least 2kg and above usually no issues wan. Anyway glad that u've also safely delivered. Now can enjoy the fruits of your labour!

I'm also having CL & helper with my mum helping me doing marketing...so I guess I still can rest easy for that 1 mth at least with the possibility of extending. Everyone was telling me for some reasons, the little angels turn into little monsters once they get home from the hospital! :eek:....keeping my fingers crossed!

If you ok to spend on the engagement of the CL, good to extend coz other than having enough rest, as first-time mum, you will have more time to learn from the nanny. But there will still comes a point where she has to leave and left with you and your helper to manage the babies and the household chores.

And yes it's true, the little angles will be angels as long as we are not the ones taking care of them at night. LOL. Everything seems to be so easy when the confinement nanny is doing it. But when it is our turn to take over, it's so soo sooo difficult and chaotic. But please dun get frustrated with yourself, the babies or anyone who is helping you. It takes a bit of time to get the hang of it. Get some help if you think you have reached the end of the threshold and please press on, babe!

From wat I understand from my sis CL during then was if bb girl cannot do late but bb boy is ok. Rationale was bb girl if do late next time will be left on the shelf. Something along that line. We're doing away with bb shower so save us 1 headache. Hehehe but do remember to ask your CL to be your gatekeeper so that your boys will have lesser bodily contact with friends or relatives.

Isit? My mum and mil insisted that full month and birthdays cannot do late wan, be it boy or girl. Heng you can do away with baby shower, if not have to prepare the pig trotters in vinegar and do all the preparation work. Actual day also super tiring for everyone. You bringing twinnies for the shave or wait till 3 months?

Ya, some friends and relatives buay zi dong one....some do not have the habit of washing hands after going to the toilet and some are worse, not feeling well still turn up and go near the baby!!

I dread that some love to touch the baby on the cheeks and usually, I will give a dirty look and say "dont touch, his face is sensitive"

If you ok to spend on the engagement of the CL, good to extend coz other than having enough rest, as first-time mum, you will have more time to learn from the nanny. But there will still comes a point where she has to leave and left with you and your helper to manage the babies and the household chores.

And yes it's true, the little angles will be angels as long as we are not the ones taking care of them at night. LOL. Everything seems to be so easy when the confinement nanny is doing it. But when it is our turn to take over, it's so soo sooo difficult and chaotic. But please dun get frustrated with yourself, the babies or anyone who is helping you. It takes a bit of time to get the hang of it. Get some help if you think you have reached the end of the threshold and please press on, babe!
Ya, bo bian, this one month quickly learn the ropes and get the hang of it. Else you will feel very lost and helpless..but then again, at the end of the day, you will still make it.

Back