Year 2016 IVF Mummy To-Be

Hello all! :) hope everybody is doing fine!
Motherhood is hectic hectic hectic! And I misssssssssssss being pregnant!

Anyway, just to share, for those delivering at TMC and asking for single bedder, they actually gave me a 2 bedder at first because it was full house. We had to insist and keep chasing them before they moved me to my desired room. Pfft.. this despite their promise during the tour that they will only upgrade and not downgrade! So if you kena, then keep chasing them ok.

Did they give u an upgrade in the end? When I check in single room was full n I was with my hubby n they assigned a premier room for me but single room charge. I know that few days even the premier rooms are full.

Anyway, just to share, for those delivering at TMC and asking for single bedder, they actually gave me a 2 bedder at first because it was full house. We had to insist and keep chasing them before they moved me to my desired room. Pfft.. this despite their promise during the tour that they will only upgrade and not downgrade! So if you kena, then keep chasing them ok.
Oh n I miss being pregnant too lol

He just said sometimes high NT just happens and no one knows why.
He ruled out trisomy 13 and 18 based on scan. But cos 1-2% of DS shows no abnormalities, he asked to take harmony test for peace of mind (which i was actually pretty reluctant to take cos so ex!!!)
High NT can also be cos of other genetic and metabolic syndromes that can only be tested by amnio. Or else heart defect. He has ruled out major heart defects alr though. So really hope it is just a fluke that the NT was high :(

Detailed scan in mid July... Thanks for asking :)

Hi mei if u take harmony test at govt hospital is much cheaper. I personally feel harmony test is good as it is 99 percent accurate. just pay for a peace of mind.

Spin. Noted. Heard there is 16/60 rooms??? If possible when free, can u share the cost, csect vs natural etc and rooms. Congrats

Hi mei if u take harmony test at govt hospital is much cheaper. I personally feel harmony test is good as it is 99 percent accurate. just pay for a peace of mind.
I think kkh one is not harmony... Heard harmony is better than the other nipt tests available... I rather pay more than risk a false positive and another heart attack lols ;) thanks for ur recommendation.

Mei. Now head on left tummy. Leg on right. I always talk to bb, play music etc. kicks more obvious which I think is reaction response. Trying hard to convey him and position well
Hi, is still early baby still have time to move down. my baby move down only at 32 week, although down but also not engaged, till near due on engaged. my tummy still remain very high on the delivery date. doc got ask u do anything to make the bb head down? my gynae ask me to put few pillow below butt everynight for 15 or 20 min, he say this posture wll helps.

Congratulations on ur bundle of Joy...!

Yah agreed w u tt I also miss being Preggy...feel kinda of weird at 1st when I dun feel bb kicking in my womb at d usual timing n the sleep anytime I wan....

Hi, is still early baby still have time to move down. my baby move down only at 32 week, although down but also not engaged, till near due on engaged. my tummy still remain very high on the delivery date. doc got ask u do anything to make the bb head down? my gynae ask me to put few pillow below butt everynight for 15 or 20 min, he say this posture wll helps.
Hmmm actually if not engaged can still give birth... Mine the baby moved down during the process of labour and was delivered naturally...

Recently at 28 weeks, I could feel heavier or maybe some pulling sensation near the cervix area. Anybody feeling the same too?

Hi hi ladies finally can join here, 13 wks preggy with my #2 via FET @ NUH. Praying for a smooth pregnancy for all of us here!

Ya lor! Though doctor said nvm still early, see whether it will move up.

Don't worry Mei, u are still early in your pregnancy, in the vast majority of cases it will move up towards the late 2nd/ early 3rd trimester as the uterus grows n stretches. I was one of the lucky 1-2% that had a placenta previa for my #1 - the placenta was not only low, it was squarely over my cervix, which had little chance of moving. Stayed that way till my elective c sect on 37 wks 5 days. I was very lucky in the sense that I only had one very minor bleed at 23 wks, but my delivery was tricky - my blood was (n I quote my Gynae) "gushing out like a fountain" n I had to be transfused with 3 packets of blood. But, my Gynae did a fantastic job, I recovered fast, can still drive myself home upon my discharge on day 5, lol. Just gotta take it easy for now, no heavy lifting, no sex, don't strain yourself.

I think harmony is the cheaper one n panorama is the more ex one. My Gynae quoted me 850 for harmony n 1.6k for panorama with micro deletions. According to him, harmony is 95% accurate, while panorama is 98%. Either way, both are much better than the Oscar la, which is only 80+% n very prone to false positive. Hope u get back a favorable harmony result soon! I'm only going for my panorama next wk at 14 wks, dunno why it's scheduled so late this time. Trying not to think abt it!

at 28wks already 1.803kg. dr say big. but with good sugar level is fine. dr only say if no move down, then csect. worried is due to size which caused. Will try the pillow

Last edited:
Ya lor! Though doctor said nvm still early, see whether it will move up.
At detailed scan, my report stated Low lying placenta observed but it was not a red flag critical issue. I asked doc that time and he said nothing to worry as most will move up as pregnancy progresses. At wk 27+, I asked him again and he said moved up a little, still a bit Low but is not an issue wor. So Mei, don't worry too much at this stage k. There is nothing really you can do about it but stay positive that it will resolve as preggy progresses.

At detailed scan, my report stated Low lying placenta observed but it was not a red flag critical issue. I asked doc that time and he said nothing to worry as most will move up as pregnancy progresses. At wk 27+, I asked him again and he said moved up a little, still a bit Low but is not an issue wor. So Mei, don't worry too much at this stage k. There is nothing really you can do about it but stay positive that it will resolve as preggy progresses.
oh thats good.. everyone different ba.. my stains/spotting is apparent cause by low lying placenta. i also hope it move up.. so the stains/spots will stop.

Hi hi ladies finally can join here, 13 wks preggy with my #2 via FET @ NUH. Praying for a smooth pregnancy for all of us here!

Don't worry Mei, u are still early in your pregnancy, in the vast majority of cases it will move up towards the late 2nd/ early 3rd trimester as the uterus grows n stretches. I was one of the lucky 1-2% that had a placenta previa for my #1 - the placenta was not only low, it was squarely over my cervix, which had little chance of moving. Stayed that way till my elective c sect on 37 wks 5 days. I was very lucky in the sense that I only had one very minor bleed at 23 wks, but my delivery was tricky - my blood was (n I quote my Gynae) "gushing out like a fountain" n I had to be transfused with 3 packets of blood. But, my Gynae did a fantastic job, I recovered fast, can still drive myself home upon my discharge on day 5, lol. Just gotta take it easy for now, no heavy lifting, no sex, don't strain yourself.

I think harmony is the cheaper one n panorama is the more ex one. My Gynae quoted me 850 for harmony n 1.6k for panorama with micro deletions. According to him, harmony is 95% accurate, while panorama is 98%. Either way, both are much better than the Oscar la, which is only 80+% n very prone to false positive. Hope u get back a favorable harmony result soon! I'm only going for my panorama next wk at 14 wks, dunno why it's scheduled so late this time. Trying not to think abt it!

Thanks for all ur reassurances! feel more positive abt it now.

Haha thanks. Btw just wondering, u mean some of us here still have hot steamy sex with hubs?

I feel like crap hahahahah
I have no idea! hahaha...as much as both of us very much want to, I am worried that it will lead to unnecessary problems like infection, bleeding etc :(

Otherwise got to wait for many many months after labour cos the first time we had sex was 3-4 months post-labour. The feeling just didn't feel right for me, it was dry, painful and it seems like there were many knots in the pelvic area :(

I dun dare for now too. Misus brush off when I ahem want tickle raisin. Heard will trigger. Think lady also no feel now

Haiz, so many things cannot do...so many things can trigger....this is the time when we need comfort most :( Pregnancy is like Nature's way to quarantine ourselves from the hubby.

How long after confinement can start?

Depends on how comfy your missus is laa...usually after lochia is cleared up or after the doc post-labour checkup...once given the green light, can start humping liao.

Then again, if your missus is breastfeeding, it will usually feel very dry and uncomfortable and due to fatigue, she may not be in the mood too.

Psychological factors may also set in, like if she's being stitched, she will constantly feel that it's going to tear inside.

Takes time lor..

week by week very fast. last sat scan. today fri liao. tomorrow go big box bbfair. next week 11 june expo fair. 18 june see dr. without realising end of yr soon. cheers

Back