Year 2016 IVF Mummy To-Be

Hello all mummies...

Go n apply a library membership card for your bbs born this year (2016)onwards to receive a gift pack from NLB! (Yes, bb can become member too:))

Bring along your ic n bb birthcert ...borrow 6 books with bb library card n go to counter ...present d receipt to collect d gift pack

P.s ( consist of 3 quality board books which I find NLB generous to include in the pack..thumbs up!)
2016-08-02 23.35.55.jpg

Last edited:

Yesterday I go to my gynae and her asst ask me if I want to talk to my Dr at birth control. I burst out laughing cos I'm already planning for no 2 now.

My hubby reluctant to try for no 2 but when I go baby fair, I tell him if we have 2 babies then our purchases more worth it lor. :p

Birth control not in my mind cos so difficult to BFP le still control what haha.

Yesterday I go to my gynae and her asst ask me if I want to talk to my Dr at birth control. I burst out laughing cos I'm already planning for no 2 now.

My hubby reluctant to try for no 2 but when I go baby fair, I tell him if we have 2 babies then our purchases more worth it lor. :p
Wa! Good one! economies of scale! But serious? you are already planning for a 2nd one? When are you embarking on your B project?

Hello all mummies...

Go n apply a library membership card for your bbs born this year (2016)onwards to receive a gift pack from NLB! (Yes, bb can become member too:))

Bring along your ic n bb birthcert ...borrow 6 books with bb library card n go to counter ...present d receipt to collect d gift pack

P.s ( consist of 3 quality board books which I find NLB generous to include in the pack..thumbs up!)
View attachment 650907
Looks v nice!!

You never know, maybe your boy arrives before my gal lol. Next check up doc will check cervix dilation? If not, how or when does doc decide to check ley?
Hmmm...I have a feeling that the boy will make his entrance latest by following week cos I keep having that "blunt dagger digging into the cervix" feel :(
I think he will scan 1st, if need be then do the dilation check (though I totally loathe it, hurts damn bad). Need to do the swipe too.

Hmmm...I have a feeling that the boy will make his entrance latest by following week cos I keep having that "blunt dagger digging into the cervix" feel :(
I think he will scan 1st, if need be then do the dilation check (though I totally loathe it, hurts damn bad). Need to do the swipe too.
National day baby. Singapore son.

Maybe not la. I had that kinda feeling since Week 35ish and THH told me to walk less if pain. I also tong till W37ish to induce. Maybe ah boy can stay inside till W39?

Dilation he will do around W36 or slightly after W37 de. So be prepared to "scream and curse".
But why your swipe test so late? He told me to do at W34 liao.

Maybe not la. I had that kinda feeling since Week 35ish and THH told me to walk less if pain. I also tong till W37ish to induce. Maybe ah boy can stay inside till W39?

Dilation he will do around W36 or slightly after W37 de. So be prepared to "scream and curse".
But why your swipe test so late? He told me to do at W34 liao.
Ya lo....then at this stage, he said he would see me in 2 weeks' time, which I would be at 38+ weeks, then do swipe ley. Then I said what if sway sway in labour how? He said will automatically give antibiotics :/ what happens if waterbag burst even before I step foot to KKH? Like that at risk of strep B :(

Tmc ndp freebies not attractive.. later Gpgt (got picture got talk). Npnt (no picture no talk). Towkay I teach u new term

Ya lo....then at this stage, he said he would see me in 2 weeks' time, which I would be at 38+ weeks, then do swipe ley. Then I said what if sway sway in labour how? He said will automatically give antibiotics :/ what happens if waterbag burst even before I step foot to KKH? Like that at risk of strep B :(

Ya lor, i wonder why he never ask u to do. In fact i never ask for the swipe test, he just told me "Come, let's do the swipe test today" even before my chair was warmed.
I think even if waterbag burst liao still got time to administer when you reach hospital right? Coz the bursting doesn't necessary mean baby is coming out mah. Like my #1, waterbag burst liao i still tong in the hospital for about 4 days.

Ya lor, i wonder why he never ask u to do. In fact i never ask for the swipe test, he just told me "Come, let's do the swipe test today" even before my chair was warmed.
I think even if waterbag burst liao still got time to administer when you reach hospital right? Coz the bursting doesn't necessary mean baby is coming out mah. Like my #1, waterbag burst liao i still tong in the hospital for about 4 days.
Must be put on 4 hours of anti-biotics wor...:< then waterbag burst liao, then you tong, any discomfort?

Towkay. #2 u know wat to do lei. Aizai lar. We all support u. Like how u all support me (live updates)...8/9 u...... go up television. Towkay

You wish lor. I already asked before.
what for they want to do this silly thing :(

Advantages of the VE in pregnancy
  • May find cervical anomalies, like early dilation and effacement, so that appropriate changes can be made to the woman's care, including bedrest, hospitalization, tocolytics, etc.
  • May show progress from exam to exam and therefore give a patient the satisfaction of knowing that her pregnancy is coming to an end, as well as give the physician/midwife encouragement
  • May stimulate the cervix so that a medical induction does not become "necessary"
  • May give the physician/midwife a comfort level that allows them to feel good about allowing a pregnancy to continue healthfully
Disadvantages of the VE in pregnancy
  • Doing an exam does not guarantee when labor is going to begin
  • VE exams can be very uncomfortable during pregnancy
  • May increase the risk of infection
  • May stimulate the cervix prematurely
  • May increase premature rupture of membranes
  • May give pregnant woman and/or her caregiver an unrealistic picture of the longevity of the remaining part of the pregnancy

Must be put on 4 hours of anti-biotics wor...:< then waterbag burst liao, then you tong, any discomfort?
No, the pain came in on Day 4 of my stay when contraction started. I remember "screaming" at the nurse in the middle of the night, telling her that i felt like pushing (and it was only 6cm lor). And too late for epi too, only laughing gas. :(

No, the pain came in on Day 4 of my stay when contraction started. I remember "screaming" at the nurse in the middle of the night, telling her that i felt like pushing (and it was only 6cm lor). And too late for epi too, only laughing gas. :(
The laughing gas is abit smelly :( I think will have pimples ley cos I don't think the nurses wipe the surrounding area. The laughing gas no use one...
6cm, cant do anything :( Like begging for Heaven and Earth, but they bo chup you that kind.

6cm, cant do anything :( Like begging for Heaven and Earth, but they bo chup you that kind.
Exactly! They kept telling me to breathe, which was damn stupid lor. No use wan!
I can only see stars in my head and i think i told my hubs i wanted csect!!! Luckily i din coz i went gai gai the moment i was sent to the ward. LOL

Wait, i think i was about 8-9cm dilated when i felt the pain, not 6cm.

Exactly! They kept telling me to breathe, which was damn stupid lor. No use wan!
I can only see stars in my head and i think i told my hubs i wanted csect!!! Luckily i din coz i went gai gai the moment i was sent to the ward. LOL

Wait, i think i was about 8-9cm dilated when i felt the pain, not 6cm.
Wa, your cervix is quite cooperative!! 8-9cm felt the pain already VERY GOOD! I felt the cramps at 2-3 cm and I was screaming for epidural!

Ya la, when one is in great pain, dunno why the first tot is "I wan a c-sec!"

Back