Year 2015 IVF mummies- to-be

We cant eat bak kut teh and other food contain herbs right? Aiyo,so worried.

My TCM doctor told me not to eat bak kut teh and food with herbs, not even use feng you. But if you've eaten a bit, don't worry. Just don't eat it again.

I endured the pain until I was 5cm dilated, and then caved in as I knew 6cm is the maximum dilation for epidural and anything more than that would be too late. Anyway, it's over for us now and we're moving on to the next phase - sleepless nights, haha!

Yes, baby Eliel was under phototherapy at TMC for 2 nights. Came home today. He also suffered a hairline fracture in the skull from an accidental fall (my fault and I cried and cried!) and is being monitored by a neurologist at Gleneagles.

I don't have enough BM to satisfy him too, even though my supply is gradually increasing. So have to supplement with FM, which I'm fine with… anything to keep him quiet, happy and sleeping! An experienced mummy told me baby boys eat a lot!

Oh no...hope nothing serious! Get well soon bb!

I endured the pain until I was 5cm dilated, and then caved in as I knew 6cm is the maximum dilation for epidural and anything more than that would be too late. Anyway, it's over for us now and we're moving on to the next phase - sleepless nights, haha!

Yes, baby Eliel was under phototherapy at TMC for 2 nights. Came home today. He also suffered a hairline fracture in the skull from an accidental fall (my fault and I cried and cried!) and is being monitored by a neurologist at Gleneagles.

I don't have enough BM to satisfy him too, even though my supply is gradually increasing. So have to supplement with FM, which I'm fine with… anything to keep him quiet, happy and sleeping! An experienced mummy told me baby boys eat a lot!

Oh my god! Just keep monitoring baby...hope he gets well soon!!

Hi @joy_meme sorry for the slow reply. My baby was hospitalized for jaundice. Dr Paul's philosophy is not to do episiotomy, which suits my birth plan anyway. Have been doing perineal massage for a couple of weeks prior, but I suffered a straight line secondary tear all the way to the anus, however, the doctor said that it would not affect passing motion.

hi Archie, hope u r recovering well!! enjoy mummyhood..

@Archie7 , hope it's not serious n ur bb is ok!

@straw1 , I once drank some of bak kut teh peppery soup during early pregnancy n tt was the only time I got slight spotting. So now I dun dare to take anymore.
Next time mebbe better to avoid, just to be safe.

Thank you with assurances. Just went see dr, and yes he said better not to eat bak kut teh. I saw baby and hb and feel at ease.

Archie, i hope your bb okay and nothing serious. your bb is so adorable.

Hi Archie7

Yeah. Hope baby eliel will be well soon!
you must have had a bad shock... so pd said the fracture will heal on its own i guess? Get well soon. But this is the start of parenthood so we all are learning to do our best. and this is the toughest phase to start with the sleepless nights and breastfeeding. Haha.... ya! my colleague said boys are demanding and cranky at times... my boy has been going to the polyclinic to draw blood for jaundice check and he's cranky and traumatised after the visits... i guess our little ones are adjusting to this new world like we do.

I have been increasing in milk supply too but always fall short with my boy's demands and he doesnt like the cup feeding.... so i have to breastfeed him every time so he can quieten down.... i have tried papaya soup and fenugreek but the supply is still slow in progress.... now am going to try a type of tea that my post natal massage therapist recommend. see whether it works for me. If it does i will share with the mummies here. Hehe...

Im kinda annoyed..I just received an sms from my nuh clinic that my FA scan moved from week 22 to a week later at week 23, but then I read that it will not be accurate? os usually done week 12-22? Or have anyone done here at the week 23? So Xian feel like going to pte hospital do scan..anyone with any recommendation?

Hi Mummies to be. I am new here. EDD 8th May. Expecting my 3rd IVF child. Is there a facebook group for 2015 IVF moms2be? I would like to be part of.

Im kinda annoyed..I just received an sms from my nuh clinic that my FA scan moved from week 22 to a week later at week 23, but then I read that it will not be accurate? os usually done week 12-22? Or have anyone done here at the week 23? So Xian feel like going to pte hospital do scan..anyone with any recommendation?
What is FA scan? The detailed scan? I guess shd be accurate anytime but the issue is if want to terminate cos of problems detected (touch wood) it is safer to do so earlier than later. Hence usu they do as early as possible.

Btw, mine also was shifted a wk later by KKH.

What is FA scan? The detailed scan? I guess shd be accurate anytime but the issue is if want to terminate cos of problems detected (touch wood) it is safer to do so earlier than later. Hence usu they do as early as possible.

Btw, mine also was shifted a wk later by KKH.
yes the detail scan I think..oh? your's also changed? to how many week? Cos mine is 23rd week..others I hv read are like still within 22 weeks..so im really pissed they just sms me to change without any reasons

Today morning woke up to light pink discharge with my urine :eek:

Second time I passed urine the discharge is slight brownish pink. But both times it's very little only. Should I be worried?....I'm at around 6 weeks now.

idazahs your discharge is with peeing? could be UTI? If it's from v then better go check and get more support..

Today morning woke up to light pink discharge with my urine :eek:

Second time I passed urine the discharge is slight brownish pink. But both times it's very little only. Should I be worried?....I'm at around 6 weeks now.
I think u shd go and check with doctor. Safer. Take care ya.

yes the detail scan I think..oh? your's also changed? to how many week? Cos mine is 23rd week..others I hv read are like still within 22 weeks..so im really pissed they just sms me to change without any reasons
I think mine was shifted to abt 21 wks approx... No reason given also... If u really worried then just go private but better bk early cos many private docs liase w hospitals and they may only have once a wk slot or something like that.

Chrisl, may i know which dr you are with in nuh?

prof Biswas..why? u want to change ah?
so far i am comfortable with him. My hubby said no need to change since i am comfortable and he specialized in high risk pregnancy. If anytime got (touch wood) complication, he should know how to handle.
do you know why they changed your FA scan to a week delay? Any thought of giving them a call?

actually im comfy with him too lah..but waiting time is horrible + I live east side so taxi to and from +consultation/medication adds up almost same as pte outside..but yes..unforeseen complications a bit tricky..so im thinking go for pte gynae/hospital then if any issues crop up then admit myself into nuh..cos now also im pte patient paying pte rates no difference ..

I still dunno as they r closed when they sent me the sms yesterday and I couldn't call back to ask. Anyway I hv booked a separate FA scan at tmc..cost almost the same..

actually im comfy with him too lah..but waiting time is horrible + I live east side so taxi to and from +consultation/medication adds up almost same as pte outside..but yes..unforeseen complications a bit tricky..so im thinking go for pte gynae/hospital then if any issues crop up then admit myself into nuh..cos now also im pte patient paying pte rates no difference ..

I still dunno as they r closed when they sent me the sms yesterday and I couldn't call back to ask. Anyway I hv booked a separate FA scan at tmc..cost almost the same..
Chrisl, i also stay at north side, hehe. Yeap, my consideration also include travelling time, but all my file is there, and it is quite troublesome if i need to dig and tell the whole stories to new gynae plus i am not sure if the new gynae used to handle ivfers. I think he doesnt see subsidised patient leh coz subsidised patient cant choose gyane and i think they will go to clinic d instead of woman's clinic. My friend with pte gyane told me her waiting time is about 45 minutes too, but maybe her gyane is popular one. Yesterday my waiting time is only about 20 minutes, lucky me. Hahah

If you want to sign a package in nuh, i think it is better to do fa in nuh because this fa is include in the package. The package is include anatomy scan and growth scan. Btw my friend with pte gyane doesnt have growth scan.

I called up the clinic & doctor wanted me to go down to see him. He doesn't feel there's much to worry about, except maybe I've urine infection. Sigh. But nevertheless he gave me a Progesterone jab for support just in case.
No ultrasound today because still too early

Chrisl, i also stay at north side, hehe. Yeap, my consideration also include travelling time, but all my file is there, and it is quite troublesome if i need to dig and tell the whole stories to new gynae plus i am not sure if the new gynae used to handle ivfers. I think he doesnt see subsidised patient leh coz subsidised patient cant choose gyane and i think they will go to clinic d instead of woman's clinic. My friend with pte gyane told me her waiting time is about 45 minutes too, but maybe her gyane is popular one. Yesterday my waiting time is only about 20 minutes, lucky me. Hahah

If you want to sign a package in nuh, i think it is better to do fa in nuh because this fa is include in the package. The package is include anatomy scan and growth scan. Btw my friend with pte gyane doesnt have growth scan.
wah 20mins only! nice!
dun think I will take their package ..cos I find boh hua....hmm but who knows..maybe i will later..im very indecisive sometimes de lol
hmm..actually the anatomy scan is FA scan..how many weeks r u now?

Last edited:
I think mine was shifted to abt 21 wks approx... No reason given also... If u really worried then just go private but better bk early cos many private docs liase w hospitals and they may only have once a wk slot or something like that.
hmm..still within range at 21 ..
yup I hv called tmc this am booked already ..a week before cny :) yes! they are very very full! my this day they gave is the one and only slot in my 20th week..so I quickly grab! lol kiasu..

wah 20mins only! nice!
dun think I will take their package ..cos I find boh hua....hmm but who knows..maybe i will later..im very indecisive sometimes de lol
hmm..actually the anatomy scan is FA scan..how many weeks r u now?
Yes fa is anatomy scan. I am in 16 weeks now. I think i will take the package, dont want to stress my self for thinking and choosing other gynae hahaha... when did prof ordered you to stop the progesterone support? I am still on it now, so sick of eating too much medicine.

Ladies is antenatal class is usefull? First time mummy,so really dont know anything.

Idazah, I spotted at week 6, 8 and 9. All is well but from what I read and was told, spotting without pain is ok. I got scared all the same and went to kkh for a scan every time it happened. It was indeed fine. You take care if yourself. Try to stay positive, ya? I just moved into my 2nd trimester and waiting impatiently for the next scan. Can't wait to see baby!

Yes fa is anatomy scan. I am in 16 weeks now. I think i will take the package, dont want to stress my self for thinking and choosing other gynae hahaha... when did prof ordered you to stop the progesterone support? I am still on it now, so sick of eating too much medicine.
Ladies is antenatal class is usefull? First time mummy,so really dont know anything.
im still on duphaston and bb aspirin now though stopped all inserts and jabs..yeah I hv a handful to swallow everyday ..but tell urself for bbs' well being ..a bit xin ku nvm..

I hv signed up for nuh express antenatal class--21/28 march..u? hmm actually good cos 1st time sure blur..i know I am and also they hv a tour of the nuh maternity facilities ..good to see see look look before I choose hospital for good..

im still on duphaston and bb aspirin now though stopped all inserts and jabs..yeah I hv a handful to swallow everyday ..but tell urself for bbs' well being ..a bit xin ku nvm..

I hv signed up for nuh express antenatal class--21/28 march..u? hmm actually good cos 1st time sure blur..i know I am and also they hv a tour of the nuh maternity facilities ..good to see see look look before I choose hospital for good..
Can i know when did you stop the insert? He ask me to continue insert and duphaston until next month which is 20 wk.

Express antenatal is one day class right? I got ask them and since my edd in july, they said they have a class on 30 may.

Can i know when did you stop the insert? He ask me to continue insert and duphaston until next month which is 20 wk.

Express antenatal is one day class right? I got ask them and since my edd in july, they said they have a class on 30 may.
I stopped inserting myself actually on 29/12 which I just turned 14weeks cos I started getting yeast infection ard that time ..but I hv 7 sticks(1week) supply left so think his intention was to hv me on inserts till 15th week..but im still on duphaston though..think this will be till 20th week.

oh yes 1 whole day class but the sat before is just a 2hrs tour of their maternity facilities --not in the actual express day course

Doctor also suspects uti...just got progesterone jab for support also

I've uti during my first trimester the feeling is u want to go toilet but when urine is bit by bit come out n feel very bloated. But I do not have any discharge n I'm lucky I went to 24 hr clinic at kkh to check coz 2 days later I'm flying to Taiwan haha.. N I take my medicine to Taiwan n drink. The doc subscribe antibiotic n a drink like orange juice. My hub say looks like eno drink to him. That type of drink can be bought frm pharmarcy

I've uti during my first trimester the feeling is u want to go toilet but when urine is bit by bit come out n feel very bloated. But I do not have any discharge n I'm lucky I went to 24 hr clinic at kkh to check coz 2 days later I'm flying to Taiwan haha.. N I take my medicine to Taiwan n drink. The doc subscribe antibiotic n a drink like orange juice. My hub say looks like eno drink to him. That type of drink can be bought frm pharmarcy
Alamak I have been having that feeling too. So it's uti?! Kept thinking it is just a normal pregnancy thing...

Anw how is ur baby now? Looks really v cute in ur profile pic!

hmm..still within range at 21 ..
yup I hv called tmc this am booked already ..a week before cny :) yes! they are very very full! my this day they gave is the one and only slot in my 20th week..so I quickly grab! lol kiasu..
Luckily u got. Hope ur babies will be good and stay still for the scan :)

@straw1 antenatal class shd be useful for me coz I dunno how to carry bb properly, let alone newborn.. hubby also agree to come along.
will take tmc one since if I give birth there, will have discount.

@straw1 antenatal class shd be useful for me coz I dunno how to carry bb properly, let alone newborn.. hubby also agree to come along.
will take tmc one since if I give birth there, will have discount.
When are u gg for the TMC class? I also signed up, starting tmr...

Idazah, I spotted at week 6, 8 and 9. All is well but from what I read and was told, spotting without pain is ok. I got scared all the same and went to kkh for a scan every time it happened. It was indeed fine. You take care if yourself. Try to stay positive, ya? I just moved into my 2nd trimester and waiting impatiently for the next scan. Can't wait to see baby!

Oh oh! But I had slight cramps yesterday. Yea still worrying so I guess the doctor also wanted to ensure is fine. But scary ah?....haha. My hubby wasn't too happy with me freaking out but well, he's not the one preggy!!
Hehe how nice u can see ur baby already!.....I'm still waiting eagerly for my first u/s. It's taking FOREVER :p

Ah I know tht drink. I used to drink before when I had mild uti.
I have a feeling my UTI came about because I was out of my office for training so I couldn't wash up properly before inserting the Utrogestan tabs. But what puzzles me is tht blood tht came with discharge.
Now a bit better & I been drinking more water. Doctor gave me a feminine wash & a spray (for when im out of office)

Alamak I have been having that feeling too. So it's uti?! Kept thinking it is just a normal pregnancy thing...

Anw how is ur baby now? Looks really v cute in ur profile pic!

He's 7th mth now. Quite tiring to wake up in the night to feed him haha especially I'm the person who need lots of slp lol he's now close to a 10kg of rice.

He's 7th mth now. Quite tiring to wake up in the night to feed him haha especially I'm the person who need lots of slp lol he's now close to a 10kg of rice.
Wow that's v big!! He must be drinking so well!
Btw how do u cope with lack of sleep? I am the kind need to sleep a lot and if ppl disturb my sleep cfm get very pissed..

haven't signed up, so no choice but to go in end mar or early apr.
is ur class by ms wong boi boi?
Yes by Mrs Wong.
If u go in Mar u prob can retain the knowledge better when baby is out since it is closer to delivery...

Mei, when u become mum w a nb bb, slp is no longer luxury slp it's call beauty slp liao.. catch a nap whenever u can..
Even first mth got cl, mother's instinct u will still wake up to oversee or wakes up to bf..
So enjoy as much as u can during pregnancy..
I used to not slp alot in the past n now I truly feel slp deprived especially after cl left...

Wow that's v big!! He must be drinking so well!
Btw how do u cope with lack of sleep? I am the kind need to sleep a lot and if ppl disturb my sleep cfm get very pissed..

Slp whenever ur bb is slpping, the rest can wait haha I can even forgo my breakfast just to slp. By the time my bb wakes up frm his nap is lunch time Liao haha

1 thing for sure that I can b so occupied w my bb tat I can forget to go pee the whole day... Lol
Weird but I dun know how I do it too..

1 thing for sure that I can b so occupied w my bb tat I can forget to go pee the whole day... Lol
Weird but I dun know how I do it too..

Haha let me ask u a question if u suddenly have the urge to go do business then how are u goin to settle ur bb?

Ladied, im in my 13th week and went for the down syndrome scan today. Result was that im high risk. Baby A 1:141 BabyB 1:249. Consultant said anything below 1:300 is low risk. Suggested to go for amnio test. I really dunno what I should do. The test have risk of miscarriage.

Back