Year 2015 IVF mummies- to-be

*hug* Pupnui, be strong and get a good rest. Do a mini confinement and get back into shape. Are u doing another cycle soon?

I think my condition is no good. I got admitted to the hospital cos my bloated tummy turns out to be a mass connecting to uterus. Anyone has this issue before.

Tks mosburger.. I'm fine.. Won't be so soon as will need ard a month or month plus to tiao my body system back first.. So will be ard oct or nov..

@pupnui - good that you are looking forward already... there will be days when you will feel very down, it is definitely okay to cry it out, please do not hide these feelings... Use this period to make your body stronger and you will come back stronger too... PM me if you want to talk...

My etd on early sep. Counting down already.
Hi, have 4 tin of nestle mum 400g letting go at $ 13 each. Take all 4 tins for $ 50. Foc Nestle $3 voucher. Expiry mar 2015. Collection at my hse lobby at seng kang. Pm if interested

Pregnancy is really tough.. i have DVT as well. Need to jab blood thinner twice a day till delivery date. As for mass, im still waiting for the report. Seems like DVT is more deadly.

Agree with you... I am taking asprin to thin my blood till end of first tri too.. plus intralipid to combat my nk cells. I am thinking if I do not take all these medication, whether my ivf will still bfp...

But happy thoughts for now! Another few more months to go...

Anyone who is still on progesterone jabs? I find that the jabs r getting more and more painful... is it the area has become sore?

Pregnancy is really tough.. i have DVT as well. Need to jab blood thinner twice a day till delivery date. As for mass, im still waiting for the report. Seems like DVT is more deadly.
Hi pepper,

What is DVT? How did they test and realized u has this?

To jab twice a day till delivery date sounds so long and pain. :(

Blood clot in veins. Kkh did an ultrasound on my legs and i have critical DVT on my left. Only happen to 1 in 1000.

http://www.babycentre.co.uk/a1048412/thrombosis-in-pregnancy

Must monitor closely on DVT cuz it will harm both mummies and the fetus if it is not... some patients have more serious DVT as the pregnancy advances ... luckily you were spotted early...

Yup. I am on both duphaston. tablets and progesterone jabs.. Going for my wk10 scan tmr..

wah I on 3x Duphaston, my pte gynae already commented still so high!...hopefully after your scan today, you need not continue the jabs....

wah I on 3x Duphaston, my pte gynae already commented still so high!...hopefully after your scan today, you need not continue the jabs....

Yay, i dun need to continue w the jabs. just finished the med appt. can see bb kicking the legs at 9w6d. amazing... :) the nurse will call me to confirm the oscar /blood test appt, the slots r full now

Anybody sign up pregnancy insurance? I am thinking whether it is necessary to buy for ivf baby.. In case if complication..

Anybody sign up pregnancy insurance? I am thinking whether it is necessary to buy for ivf baby.. In case if complication..
I thought we r covered under neonatal insurance? I bought mine from Great Eastern which covers newborn babies conceived thru' ART for 180 days.

I just read the brochure and it is what is stated yeah.. It covers up to $150- $300 per day at the neonatal ward. You can look at the policy details again, brochure or call up the clinic/insurance company to confirm. Have you done the oscar or detailed scan alrdy? don't worry too much..

Can I check with the ladies here, do u continue to see the gynae who does the ivf for u or move on to private gynae outside?

I did my ivf at kkh. If I want to switch gynae, when would be a good time to do this? I'm hoping to wait till the pregnancy is stable so I can be more sure that there are no complications. Can advise me?

hi, i just did my week 10 checkup last week and the nurse will call me for the oscar test schedule.. nuh is fully booked now. i will check w clinic w the coming week.

i think the best time to switch gynae is either end of T1 or week 20. Some pte gynae packages start earlier. I may not change gynae as i am particular w nurses.. as some can't find my blood veins easily.

think need to ask insurance company for advice if can top the insurance riders or get another policy. there are some overlapping coverage and some that are not in our original policy..

Oh ! Thanks!

Oscar scan will be the 18th.. Crossing finger .. When will be yours?

Got to scan after wk 11. My dr make appointment for me at wk 9.

My morning sickness is now gone.. Now I am always in constant hunger.. I need carbo for my 3 meals else I feel something is missing.. And my stomach will create lots of gas.. Btw, I just have 2 small slices of multi grain bread to curb the hunger.. Sigh.. I am not such a big eater in the past...

Can I check with the ladies here, do u continue to see the gynae who does the ivf for u or move on to private gynae outside?

I did my ivf at kkh. If I want to switch gynae, when would be a good time to do this? I'm hoping to wait till the pregnancy is stable so I can be more sure that there are no complications. Can advise me?

you can start visiting a pte gynae now while keeping your kkh appointment open... but i think KKH has cheaper oscar and detailed scanning fees compared to pte clinics... after detailed scan and if baby has no major issues, you can go with pte gynae all the way le...

in any case if you decide to go pte gynae now and do the scans at the pte clinics, if baby turns out to have issues, your pte gynae will still refer you back to KKH.

oh.. KKH is cheaper for detailed scanning? I have book the detailed scanning at 20 weeks with pte.... going to ask the cost from KKH and pte the next time round.

oh.. KKH is cheaper for detailed scanning? I have book the detailed scanning at 20 weeks with pte.... going to ask the cost from KKH and pte the next time round.

u going TMC right? TMC's detailed scan is packaged with OSCAR... if you back up now, not worth while for you...

Twinklelight, I just asked an AIA insurance agent. He checked with his agent friend from the Great Eastern insurance to be a policy that is handled by the hospital only, cannot be represented by insurance agents. The GE plan covers ivf baby only whereas the AIA maternity insurance covers both pregnant mummy and baby (ivf baby included). The typical monthly commitment is $150-300. Can start from pregnancy 18 weeks. Like a bit ex leh. I have not enquired abt the Prudential one.

Between anyone has a registered nurse or someone to jab progesterone at home instead of going back to GP or Gynae ?

Hey MKChewy - I know a registered nurse whom does Home visit for Jabs as well as prenatal/ postnatal care. Contact her directly at
HP : 8359 5755

Twinklelight, I just asked an AIA insurance agent. He checked with his agent friend from the Great Eastern insurance to be a policy that is handled by the hospital only, cannot be represented by insurance agents. The GE plan covers ivf baby only whereas the AIA maternity insurance covers both pregnant mummy and baby (ivf baby included). The typical monthly commitment is $150-300. Can start from pregnancy 18 weeks. Like a bit ex leh. I have not enquired abt the Prudential one.

Thanks for the info. I think Pru policy can be converted into endowment policy if it is not claimed or smthg.. but the monthly premium will be similiar to the AIA one. How abt TMC's six-month AXA insurance when sign up for the First Born Incentive? Is anyone familiar with this?

I went to the gynae today cos had some brown spotting but no booster jab or medication. Is it normal?

Just told me my uterus is weak.

I went to the gynae today cos had some brown spotting but no booster jab or medication. Is it normal?

Just told me my uterus is weak.

are you having still taking your progesterone tablets?

Hi, i doing ivf in sep. Forzen embyro...
Previous did fresh cycle in kkh 2012 but failed. Then 2013 i suffer slip disc so need to rest for 1 yr before i can do ivf again. Any advise before i do another round of ivf? As i have ovarian cyst and firiboid now.... worry...
I think only the IVF doctor are able to advice you if you are able suitable to do another round. If you looking for alternative opinion maybe you should seek a pte IVF doctor views on your case?

@pepper_pepper ..You can look for your IVF Dr... KKH stop my tablets after wk 9, but my private gynea give me some more to continue till end of tri 1.

All my gynaes, SGH IVF dr and Pte Gynae has suggested for IVF BFP patients is better to take the tablets till week 14-16... for precautionary measures.

Pepper_pepper, check again. If u are on some medication already, ask if there is a need to increase dosage. If not, get another opinion. Spotting is not normal.

Back