Year 2015 IVF mummies- to-be

Dear ladies, I was so sad at my check up that my baby didn't put on much weight at all. Dr said it was as if I was starving my baby. He thought I was so paranoid about the diabetes that I ate very little. But I have been eating, just don't have big appetite only. I am supposed to go back soon for another check soon. Worrisome. Didn't expect this in my 3rd trimester. Was fighting bad heart burnt and constipation, and getting restless lately. Any suggestion on how to put on bb's weight? I can't take durian.

Dear ladies, I was so sad at my check up that my baby didn't put on much weight at all. Dr said it was as if I was starving my baby. He thought I was so paranoid about the diabetes that I ate very little. But I have been eating, just don't have big appetite only. I am supposed to go back soon for another check soon. Worrisome. Didn't expect this in my 3rd trimester. Was fighting bad heart burnt and constipation, and getting restless lately. Any suggestion on how to put on bb's weight? I can't take durian.
rest more.. really rest drirect energy 2ur fetus... good luck

Can hv beef or avocado. It works in gaining weight for bb

Gal, don worry so much ya... Take more proteins and healthy fats foods (ie. Salmon, avocado, nuts etc) during this final trimester. At this stage, they will put on more fats....

Also if you want, take essence of chicken to build up Qi energy for both of you.

Take care.

Gal, don worry so much ya... Take more proteins and healthy fats foods (ie. Salmon, avocado, nuts etc) during this final trimester. At this stage, they will put on more fats....

Also if you want, take essence of chicken to build up Qi energy for both of you.

Take care.

Thank you Chubby! Will try to relax. Maybe this is the 1st time that my Dr is actually worried, so I took it more seriously. Breathe breathe...

Dear ladies, does anyone knows for TMC, if every patient give birth in the open ward, i.e.the delivery suite with many beds, regardless of the choice of wards? Was gettung abit concern about privacy...

Hi ladies, can share where u are getting the confinement herbs from? Any medical hall?

Thanks!
Do u mean for bathing or consumption?
For bathing I got DaFengAi from Hockhua ($2.20/pkt)
For consumption I saw they sell 30days pre-packed packages for $200-300 (can't recall), depending on whether u natural or csect there are different packages. I'm not sure abt this cos I didn't buy, cos engaging a CL.

Dear ladies, has anyone bought the Dale Abdominal Binder from Kkh Pharmacy? Saw its brochures, stating lots of benefits. Wondering if anyone has started using it and if its comfortable to wear? Does it help to keep the uterus in place after delivery? Any advice?

Dear ladies, has anyone bought the Dale Abdominal Binder from Kkh Pharmacy? Saw its brochures, stating lots of benefits. Wondering if anyone has started using it and if its comfortable to wear? Does it help to keep the uterus in place after delivery? Any advice?

Yes, I used it for both my deliveries. Gd for supporting tinny aft csect. But if u r looking for binder to lose weight then I would recommend wink

Hilo ladies, who are still in the process of baking? Already Nov....
I'm still in the waiting game at 39+1..
Did a cervical check, not ready! Even bled after the check.
I developed the horrible PUPP rash/itch at 38w.. Anyone facing same situation?
Baby engaged but still facing out. Anyone delivered naturally this way?

Already week 39 ! Endure for a while .. It will be out soon. So what is your birth plan? Go natural with epi? Yours is a Bb boy?
Gynae is super pro-natural... V tempted to request for csect to get my boy out ASAP!
Heard natural won't b easy with bb positioned outwards some more.

But it's super uncomfy for me... The itch/rash will only go away when bb is out. I'm going sleepless & scratching like a monkey :(
aiyoh..endure ok..you're almost there! any chance your gynae can let you hv c-sec given the position of your bb as reason?

i've created a secret FB group for us mummies for ivf this year..those interested can PM me your email i'll add you in :)

@Chubby1314 im gotten gastric over the weeks and just very stressed at times..sigh..

i've created a secret FB group for us mummies for ivf this year..those interested can PM me your email i'll add you in :)

@Chubby1314 im gotten gastric over the weeks and just very stressed at times..sigh..

Eh I like it!... Maybe can consider not to restrict only this year.. Can include all Mummies who conceived their LO via IVF regardless which year. I will send in my request after delivered. Will be delivered early. Can't stand itch too.. But not as serious as @remembeRainbow....

Don get too stress ya.. I know is easy for me to say so... Jiayou!

At the same time, been thinking when to try #2 as well.lolx

Last edited:
Hilo ladies, who are still in the process of baking? Already Nov....

Me! Week 36 now... massive tummy... my baby gal est to be 3 kg at last week gynae check up
He said next fri visit , he will access and see he can help dilate me to bring fwd labour :( scary! Haven't pack yet...

Me! Week 36 now... massive tummy... my baby gal est to be 3 kg at last week gynae check up
He said next fri visit , he will access and see he can help dilate me to bring fwd labour :( scary! Haven't pack yet...

Hilo @kammybear, long time no hear from you.... It has been some time since the last post... Thought everyone perhaps completes their baking ..haha...

Faster go and pack n get ready! Set up your baby room? So next Friday you going for induce ma? Let Jiayou...I'm not going for a full 40 term....may induce early as well....

Those that are still baking Jia you. My gal wait till 41 weeks also don't want to come out wor. In the end induce then come out. Natural with gas and water immersion at 41weeks +1 day. I just give birth barely one hour my Gynae talking about second one le.

Those that are still baking Jia you. My gal wait till 41 weeks also don't want to come out wor. In the end induce then come out. Natural with gas and water immersion at 41weeks +1 day. I just give birth barely one hour my Gynae talking about second one le.

Wow your gynae more kan chiong than you for #2 ah... LOL

Depends how much you have already dilated I think. If not yet dilated, it gonna takes long...
No wonder dr changed his mind. He wanted to induce me at 39wks (to save me from the horrible itch) but ended up saying wait after cervical check. Now I understand y he said induction may fail. Cos I haven't dilated.

How is your doc going to induce with? Via IV drips, tablets?

There are some ladies went for induction which failed unfortunately ended up with E-csect.

Hi mummies,

Can I check with you under what circumstances can we claim from the ivf insurance that we have purchased after the ET?
I've just delivered my baby boy on 26oct and he has to be warded in NICU for monitoring. Can I claim from Great Eastern under this circumstances??

Hi mummies,

Can I check with you under what circumstances can we claim from the ivf insurance that we have purchased after the ET?
I've just delivered my baby boy on 26oct and he has to be warded in NICU for monitoring. Can I claim from Great Eastern under this circumstances??
Anybody has a copy of the brochure? Can take a picture and show me pls? I've thrown mine away :(:(

Can't remember clearly on hand whether you can claim as long as bb was admitted to NICU or only for specific conditions .

You might still have a copy of the contract which you had signed earlier with KKH?

Worst scenario go down to KKIVF and ask the receptionist. Perhaps they can help.

Hi mummies,

You can claim I think was $150 per day if baby was warded in level 2 nicu care. $300 per day if baby was warded in level 3- the most severe level care in nicu. Level 1 nicu stay us not claimable.

Just need submit the finalized hospital bill with the claim form which is given with the insurance brochure to great eastern

Hi mummies,

i've the number you can call them directly on monday..will dig it out later k..last time i had some doubts i called to ask and the lady very nice ..the number was a direct nbr

You can claim I think was $150 per day if baby was warded in level 2 nicu care. $300 per day if baby was warded in level 3- the most severe level care in nicu. Level 1 nicu stay us not claimable.

Just need submit the finalized hospital bill with the claim form which is given with the insurance brochure to great eastern
Thanks Yu Qing for the info... :)

My prince has arrived on Sunday at 39+5wks.
Was induced cos his hb slowed down occasionally. Had some issues & ended up csect.
Really stressful learning to cope the past few days in hosp... Had quite a number of crying episodes.. Breastfeeding especially is such a challenge.
It has been a rather traumatic experience for me, hope to get over it soon & start to enjoy my long-awaited baby.

congrats and welcome to motherhood!! @remembeRainbow ur bb is finally in ur arms! Take care of urself too and speedy recovery k! For first few days breastfeeding a tad tricky cos c sect..just dun stress, take it as it comes. Just try to pump or latch every 3hrs, milk will come eventually de. First few days are little or just drops but that is normal ok..

My prince has arrived on Sunday at 39+5wks.
Was induced cos his hb slowed down occasionally. Had some issues & ended up csect.
Really stressful learning to cope the past few days in hosp... Had quite a number of crying episodes.. Breastfeeding especially is such a challenge.
It has been a rather traumatic experience for me, hope to get over it soon & start to enjoy my long-awaited baby.

Congratz. my wife still waiting . . . 33 week now.

remember rainbow - revover well for now.. tats the most important.. let ur family help with baby.. when ur wound heals n u feel better u can enjoy the precious moment...

Hi ladies, I received a call from TFC who advised that I needed to renew storage of frozen embies at $898 per year. This is such a huge amount! My sister who did hers at Kkh was only $100+/year but this is likely outdated as her kids are already 4 years old now. Can anyone advise me on the fees, transfer fees, procedures? Thank you

:(:(

Hi ladies, I received a call from TFC who advised that I needed to renew storage of frozen embies at $898 per year. This is such a huge amount! My sister who did hers at Kkh was only $100+/year but this is likely outdated as her kids are already 4 years old now. Can anyone advise me on the fees, transfer fees, procedures? Thank you

:(:(
$650 per yr (for every 4 snowbbs) for NUH

Back