Year 2015 IVF mummies- to-be

Ok now.. I think partly due to my gastric problem so I'm having nausea and at the same time gastric pain. I try to eat less oily food in small qty now.

2 days ago, I have pain in my right.. So worry .. Go to nuh a&e.. After hrs of check it is due to my right ovary pain.. After effect of ivf.. Sigh..

Better eat less oily food try in small potion...
Maybe due to the chemical that cause your ovary pain... So nuh a&e give you any med to take?

Can I check anyone of you have sleepless night like wake up in the middle of night and cannot sleep again till maybe 1hr later?
I slept ard 10 to 10+ and will wake up on the middle of night ard 3am and cannot sleep till 4am...

Can I check anyone of you have sleepless night like wake up in the middle of night and cannot sleep again till maybe 1hr later?
I slept ard 10 to 10+ and will wake up on the middle of night ard 3am and cannot sleep till 4am...

in the beginning of my early pregnancy maybe week 8 -9... i think I have a few nights of insomnia... initially i thought its my sinus problem...but now my sinus issue resolved by itself...

after that no such problem... sleep like a log, have problem waking up in fact...

@pupnui: I have sleepless nights during my 2ww! I think I slept too much in day time and I think insomnia is also a pregnancy sign. I would wake up in middle of night like 1am or 3am. But my sleeping patterns improve after I return back to work.

@pupnui: I have sleepless nights during my 2ww! I think I slept too much in day time and I think insomnia is also a pregnancy sign. I would wake up in middle of night like 1am or 3am. But my sleeping patterns improve after I return back to work.

In my 2ww I'm ok no sleepless night... Problem is that this happen to me since last wed after my bt on 7th July...
So sleepy in the day while I work...

I can't sleep on some nights too. It's either insomnia or woke up from really creative dreams!

I have dreamt of abseiling from a 4-story building with a big belly, as well as Optimus Prime making breakfast for me in a really house. Lol... Always sleepy during day time... Yawns...

Yeah, i think so.
I also have weird dreams during 2ww. But glad that I am sleeping well now...

I'm surprised to have dreams when I have GA

Good morning ladies! Well actually it's kinda a sad morning, with the air crash, life is so fragile sometimes I feel, haiz.

Oh dear sounds like u ladies are too stressed la. I used to dream abt my customers n the stock market as well, but since my TCM told me stress is causing my pulse to be erratic, which can cause difficulty in conceiving, I consciously try to switch off at night (ie don't look at the markets, don't watch CNBC etc). Helps that I got a new puppy who's super naughty n distracting too, haha. Maybe watch comedies or listen to music before u sleep, that might relax u. Remember, a good night sleep is very impt now cos your body is working very hard to grow a baby.

These 2 days I feel like I'm coming down w a cold, got headache, runny nose n aching shoulders. Then my hubby scare me n ask if I kena dengue, cos my area got a few cases n I walked my dog at an open field 3 evenings ago. Now I'm super paranoid, taking my temp all the time. But no fever leh, hopefully it's not that. Am loading up on lemon juice, kiwi, hopefully can fight this off.

Have a good day everyone!

Good morning ladies! Well actually it's kinda a sad morning, with the air crash, life is so fragile sometimes I feel, haiz.

Oh dear sounds like u ladies are too stressed la. I used to dream abt my customers n the stock market as well, but since my TCM told me stress is causing my pulse to be erratic, which can cause difficulty in conceiving, I consciously try to switch off at night (ie don't look at the markets, don't watch CNBC etc). Helps that I got a new puppy who's super naughty n distracting too, haha. Maybe watch comedies or listen to music before u sleep, that might relax u. Remember, a good night sleep is very impt now cos your body is working very hard to grow a baby.

These 2 days I feel like I'm coming down w a cold, got headache, runny nose n aching shoulders. Then my hubby scare me n ask if I kena dengue, cos my area got a few cases n I walked my dog at an open field 3 evenings ago. Now I'm super paranoid, taking my temp all the time. But no fever leh, hopefully it's not that. Am loading up on lemon juice, kiwi, hopefully can fight this off.

Have a good day everyone!

wah what is your profession?... have to watch the stock market?

listen to classical music will help to relax your mind and easier to fall to sleep .... plus its a good prenatal routine for your unborn baby...

This AM, woken up at 3.30 to pee then cant fall back to sleep... toss and turn for i think an hr before I can sleep but have to get up at 6am... now headache acting up liao...

Everyday seems to be a new discovery.. Yesterday I am so tire at 11.. Wanted to sleep.. But just can't.. In the end wake up to watch lady first, turn to bed at 1am.. Guess by the time I really sleep is at 1.30am.. Then auto wake up at 6am.. Yawn....

wah what is your profession?... have to watch the stock market?

listen to classical music will help to relax your mind and easier to fall to sleep .... plus its a good prenatal routine for your unborn baby...

This AM, woken up at 3.30 to pee then cant fall back to sleep... toss and turn for i think an hr before I can sleep but have to get up at 6am... now headache acting up liao...

Everyday seems to be a new discovery.. Yesterday I am so tire at 11.. Wanted to sleep.. But just can't.. In the end wake up to
watch lady first, turn to bed at 1am.. Guess by the time I really sleep is at 1.30am.. Then auto wake up at 6am.. Yawn....

Me too woke up ard 2am plus this morning to pee and try to go back and sleep but can't till ard 3plus I fell off to sleep till 6am alarm ring... Yamn... So sleepy now... :confused:

Hi Sisters here...
Is any sisters here under IVF and BFP in KKH? Can we change gynae to other hospital or we have to stick to the same doc in KKH?

@pupnui, is there a chance that you may carry twins? If yes, you may want consider if govt or pte clinic is better. Twins tend to born earlier. Just read a blog about the high charges for pte hospital when the bb is born premature by a few weeks and stay in icu or something.

@pupnui, is there a chance that you may carry twins? If yes, you may want consider if govt or pte clinic is better. Twins tend to born earlier. Just read a blog about the high charges for pte hospital when the bb is born premature by a few weeks and stay in icu or something.

Not sure wor.. I only know on next tues... If twins then I prefer to stay at govt one..

I keep getting cramp-like symptoms. I dunno is it uterus stretching or ovaries still swollen or really cramps. They dun feel like those menstrual cramps I used to get. Fortunately there's no bleeding, and I dun experience any more of that sharp pain I did when the follicle rupture. This is just one week+ after D17 positive BT. I still have a long way to go. Can anyone share her experience?

I keep getting cramp-like symptoms. I dunno is it uterus stretching or ovaries still swollen or really cramps. They dun feel like those menstrual cramps I used to get. Fortunately there's no bleeding, and I dun experience any more of that sharp pain I did when the follicle rupture. This is just one week+ after D17 positive BT. I still have a long way to go. Can anyone share her experience?
So u shud be in week 6 now... When is your first scan?

My first scan is 22 Jul. I think this is just Week 3. I am still super early in my pregnancy. I tested positive on 11 Jul which was d17p2dt. I hope this means D17 past two-day transfer. I'm not very sure abt all the ivf abbreviations.

How are you girls doing?

Do you all notice that you have twitching pain at the lower ab these few weeks? I get a bit worry.. and write an email to Dr Jerry... he is telling me that it is normal due to uterus expanding.. :rolleyes:

Last Fri and Sat, I have been dreaming of eating sweet and sour pork... when I finally get to eat it, I puke all out! Its so hard to satisfy my craving and yet not able to keep it within..

How are you girls doing?

Do you all notice that you have twitching pain at the lower ab these few weeks? I get a bit worry.. and write an email to Dr Jerry... he is telling me that it is normal due to uterus expanding.. :rolleyes:

Last Fri and Sat, I have been dreaming of eating sweet and sour pork... when I finally get to eat it, I puke all out! Its so hard to satisfy my craving and yet not able to keep it within..
I was really upset and cried yesterday because I didn't realize 马交鱼 is Spanish Mackerel and I ate it! Also, MIL bought rojak and kept telling me it's fine to eat a bit but I read from an article that it's not safe to eat rojak. Mum and husband said I'm getting too paranoid, as long as we eat them in moderation, it should be fine. It's getting really stressful for me as it's not easy to get pregnant and I'm really worried the food we have will impact on the baby development. Aarrgghh....

I was really upset and cried yesterday because I didn't realize 马交鱼 is Spanish Mackerel and I ate it! Also, MIL bought rojak and kept telling me it's fine to eat a bit but I read from an article that it's not safe to eat rojak. Mum and husband said I'm getting too paranoid, as long as we eat them in moderation, it should be fine. It's getting really stressful for me as it's not easy to get pregnant and I'm really worried the food we have will impact on the baby development. Aarrgghh....

@NgYL.. don't be sad and stress.. We must have stress free now... Now you know the 马交鱼 is Spanish Mackerel so avoid it don't take anymore.. My fren recommend Threadfin 午鱼 is the best... For rojak, I not sure whether can eat a not when pregnant but if can avoid just avoid otherwise just eat 1 to 2 pcs of youtiao is ok de as you not eating everyday... Don't think so much ya... Relax yourself...

Hi I'm new here. Failed my 1st fresh cycle & was tested positive for my FET cycle. I'm with NUH, under Prof PC Wong (Hi Twinklelight...i think we are around the same time). I did my transfer on 3 July and when Prof informed me of the good news, I immediately asked him when will be the EDD (haha...very kiasu) & he told me 23 March. Hence i'm not sure which week I'm in now. Going back to Fetal care for scans & will see prof again.

Good to see all here....let's share our experience here :)

@NgYL ... dun be too worried & stressed up over the food you eat... as long as you are having a balanced diet then should be fine...during this period just take orange/orange juice (which is high in folic acid), take fruits, green vege etc. Try to eat fish too esp if you have not started to feel nausea. I try to eat kiwi every alternate day since the vitamins are very high.

I know the reason for not eating rojak...because rojak is considered as a "salad" and the ingredients are not "cooked" in that sense....in fact, best for us to avoid the raw and uncooked food just in case we can get food poisoning. For me, i still cannot resist cold drinks but i will minimise..haha..a sip also makes me happy.

Everyone of us here went through difficult times in order to get pregnant & it's very hard for friends/relatives who are able to conceive naturally to understand the kind of excitement & overly-careful mindset...haha... Trust that your body will absorb whatever is good for the baby & both of you will be healthy :)

@NgYL.. don't be sad and stress.. We must have stress free now... Now you know the 马交鱼 is Spanish Mackerel so avoid it don't take anymore.. My fren recommend Threadfin 午鱼 is the best... For rojak, I not sure whether can eat a not when pregnant but if can avoid just avoid otherwise just eat 1 to 2 pcs of youtiao is ok de as you not eating everyday... Don't think so much ya... Relax yourself...
@NgYL ... dun be too worried & stressed up over the food you eat... as long as you are having a balanced diet then should be fine...during this period just take orange/orange juice (which is high in folic acid), take fruits, green vege etc. Try to eat fish too esp if you have not started to feel nausea. I try to eat kiwi every alternate day since the vitamins are very high.

I know the reason for not eating rojak...because rojak is considered as a "salad" and the ingredients are not "cooked" in that sense....in fact, best for us to avoid the raw and uncooked food just in case we can get food poisoning. For me, i still cannot resist cold drinks but i will minimise..haha..a sip also makes me happy.

Everyone of us here went through difficult times in order to get pregnant & it's very hard for friends/relatives who are able to conceive naturally to understand the kind of excitement & overly-careful mindset...haha... Trust that your body will absorb whatever is good for the baby & both of you will be healthy :)
Thanks pupnui & cutesmurf! I'm actually getting better after the cry yesterday! Will try not to stress myself over food

Hey cutesmurf, congrats! Pupnui, u will be seeing Dr Lau tomorrow right? Enjoy your 1st encounter with your beanie!

Yes @NgYL, dun get too stress over food... moderation in everything is always key but do for safe cooked food at most times... you will have other things to stress over as your pregnancy progress ...so stay chill and enjoy this moment...

@Hope42014 , you still puking everyday? hopefully next week will be better for you ! On the other hand, puking is a very good sign of healthy pregnancy just remember to hydrate... i think i mentioned b4 :p

This morning, my gynae clinic called me to let me know of my non-invasive prenatal tests results... everything in low risk (thrilled) and we will be expecting a second princess!!

Thanks pupnui & cutesmurf! I'm actually getting better after the cry yesterday! Will try not to stress myself over food

Hey cutesmurf, congrats! Pupnui, u will be seeing Dr Lau tomorrow right? Enjoy your 1st encounter with your beanie!

Yes.. Tq..
Will go to level 1 woman speciality to scan first then 1 hr later see dr lau..

NgYL, don't be upset since already eaten. Your mood will affect baby. Just try to avoid next time. I was also very cautious and kan jiong during my first pregnancy as it was really not easy to get preggy. Whatever food that parents said to avoid or whatever old wives' tales like don't renovate house etc I will just follow. I know some mums to be don't really believe and not pantang but for me no point being head strong. I m sure all ivf mummies here will understand our feeling.

From what I know, the scrimp paste in rojak is 毒 so best to avoid. Just like mango. Do note some otah also made of mackerel. My mum also said to avoid mutton, del monte bananas and gassy drinks. My TCM told me to avoid oranges so I haven't been eating it although I love oranges.

I don't know how true but many aunties said not to eat too much yellow fruits/food like papaya, laksa etc as food that contain yellow ginger will cause jaundice in baby.

I don't know how true but many aunties said not to eat too much yellow fruits/food like papaya, laksa etc as food that contain yellow ginger will cause jaundice in baby.

what i heard its when you are breastfeeding, try to limit yellow food as the pigment will pass thru breastmilk....

alamak.. I drink cucumin drink. The tea help in my gastric problem.. guess I have to cut it away since it is yellow.. Lemon leh? Honey lemon also help in my nausea.. but... its yellow... :oops:

@ecym.. yaya.. I prefer to puke than no symptom. My husband keeps asking me whether I feel like puking today.. if I say yes.. he will say good.
@cutesmurf.. congrats! Welcome!
@NgYL .. just make sure that our diet is balance.. drink lots of water and fruits and veggies.. need all these for digestion purpose.. I have a problem on digestion since positive..

Yes @NgYL, dun get too stress over food... moderation in everything is always key but do for safe cooked food at most times... you will have other things to stress over as your pregnancy progress ...so stay chill and enjoy this moment...

@Hope42014 , you still puking everyday? hopefully next week will be better for you ! On the other hand, puking is a very good sign of healthy pregnancy just remember to hydrate... i think i mentioned b4 :p

This morning, my gynae clinic called me to let me know of my non-invasive prenatal tests results... everything in low risk (thrilled) and we will be expecting a second princess!!

NgYL, don't be upset since already eaten. Your mood will affect baby. Just try to avoid next time. I was also very cautious and kan jiong during my first pregnancy as it was really not easy to get preggy. Whatever food that parents said to avoid or whatever old wives' tales like don't renovate house etc I will just follow. I know some mums to be don't really believe and not pantang but for me no point being head strong. I m sure all ivf mummies here will understand our feeling.

From what I know, the scrimp paste in rojak is 毒 so best to avoid. Just like mango. Do note some otah also made of mackerel. My mum also said to avoid mutton, del monte bananas and gassy drinks. My TCM told me to avoid oranges so I haven't been eating it although I love oranges.

alamak.. I drink cucumin drink. The tea help in my gastric problem.. guess I have to cut it away since it is yellow.. Lemon leh? Honey lemon also help in my nausea.. but... its yellow... :oops:

@ecym.. yaya.. I prefer to puke than no symptom. My husband keeps asking me whether I feel like puking today.. if I say yes.. he will say good.
@cutesmurf.. congrats! Welcome!
@NgYL .. just make sure that our diet is balance.. drink lots of water and fruits and veggies.. need all these for digestion purpose.. I have a problem on digestion since positive..
Thanks ecym, pinkdoll and hope42014 for your advices and listening ears! I'll learn to take it easy, slowly and enjoy this every moment!

Btw, ecym, congrats on your prenatal test results!

I watched a recent Channel 8 documentary series about a lady who lost her baby after the rojak food poisoning a few years ago.. Other food centre customers also suffered food poisoning as the rojak gravy is used for next day or so.

i think most impt is eating well-cooked and cleaned food.

For buffet food, don't eat those that are left for more than 1-2 hrs. I once saw fruit flies in a hotel buffet a few mths ago. Kinda of gross..

My next scan will be 7 Aug. Haven't vomited yet but nausea is getting bad to worse. :(

Hi Twinklelight, I'm going for my first scan tmr at NUH....u did yours there? After which will need to see Prof.

I dun think I'm able to see anything yet since it's so initial....are you on the jabs for the next 3 mths as well?

Hi Twinklelight, I'm going for my first scan tmr at NUH....u did yours there? After which will need to see Prof.

I dun think I'm able to see anything yet since it's so initial....are you on the jabs for the next 3 mths as well?

Hi @cutesmurf, yeah I'm on jabs from week 5 onwards until next 2 wks. No scan for my 1st appt on the day after BT, scan during 2nd appt on Week 7 and next scan will be in 2 wks' time. Is Prof Wong your gynae for your 1st trimester? I am doing my scans in NUH.

I bought my jab medicine in advance so that I can ask my GP dr to do jab on wkday as I need to have jabs twice a wk

Morning ladies, I've been coughing last night and applied a bit of siang pure oil onto my neck but just realized we can't use medicated oil during pregnancy? Why huh? What about essential oils?

Morning ladies, I've been coughing last night and applied a bit of siang pure oil onto my neck but just realized we can't use medicated oil during pregnancy? Why huh? What about essential oils?
i did use essential oil for my sinus in the early weeks

Back