Water Bag Broke

Annette87

Hi All,

I am a Singapore PR (Taiwanese) and I am now 25 weeks pregnant.

Last week, on my 24th week pregnancy, somehow my water broke during my sleep. I wake up to a wet undergarment and went to straight to KKH.
There I was diagnosed with a broken water bag and was told that I had to be warded until labor. I spend 2 days in hospital before decided to return to Taiwan to seek further medical care given that my parents are here.

Now I am safely warded in Taiwan hospital "farming" the baby but going thru a really tough patch. To make things worst, I received a almost 2 thousand dollars bill from KKH. Given that, I am a subsidized patient from day 1 as I was referred to KKH by polyclinic, I am really surprised and taken back by the amount, importantly I am not sure if any insurance like Medisave or Prushield and Prushield Extra can be use in this case, is this consider any accident hospitalization?

Attached is a copy of the KKH bill and I will greatly appreciate if any mums can share some experience to help me over this situation.

Many thanks in advance.

Attachments

• 1.PNG
    1.PNG
    63.6 KB · Views: 96
  • 2.PNG
    2.PNG
    30 KB · Views: 92
Maybe u can check with ur insurer (if u got buy insurance) if it is claimable. As it is not giving birth u cannot claim the prenatal expenses under medisave ( although i doubt u hv medisave as u are PR). Yes, PR medical here is higher than Singaporean as they are foreigner. So is either pay by insurance or cash

Last edited:

Back