Warning against Lexis Education Asia Tuition Centre -Pri Maths Tuition Centre

AgrievedParent

Dear Parents, I would like to warn all against the Tuition Centre for Maths of the name: Lexis Education Asia located in Queens Road/ near Bt Timah.
They advertised on Facebook strongly to be able to assist very weak student of pri. level from fail to pass or flying colours and that's how I fell into the story and spent about $2000 for 7 months tuition for my P5 gal last year. She failed terribly during last year-end exam-maths. (Sorry, I took so long to share as I am a working parent with long working hrs. and sorry for those parents who already signed up the centre which i strongly suggest to pull out, there are really many other better tuition centres than this one.)

First their school fees are exorbitant and more importantly, they do not have compassion for students( nor for desperate parents) with poor results. Throughout the 7 months, their teachers ( yes I requested to change teacher) were young and not qualified. During conver. striked with a temporary teacher whom I spoke to, he was covering for a friend in that centre and just finished polytechnic, no prior teaching experience at all.

Another situation, one of the "qualified" male teacher actually taught my gal the wrong solution! ( yes I also have proof).

In general, the director is a young man in late 20s and the culture is that they go for earning the school fees and not go for really helping the weak students. Yes, of course, there may be 1 or 2 case studies of their success stories but beware just like my case, we are the many others that had failed.

Their teachers do not focus on weak students and even chided my gal during one of the lessons: how come she can do you cannot do?( My reply to that teacher now: If my gal can, then I have not need for such a school.) You can see such incident does not build confidence but destroy weak student. I can share to advise you against going to this tuition centre pls feel free to PM me.

My job now is just to warn all parents in the same state as myself 1 year back to avoid such heartless tuition centre totally; PLEASE DO NOT WASTE YOU MONEY IN THIS MANNER!

i didnt expect to see another post about my son's tuition centre here...not that i want to defend them but im just going to state the facts...

you also posted in another forum sgclub on this... and you only have this one post on this forum n there...i really hope you are not randomly accusing a centre that is doing its best to help weak students in maths...

I feel sorry that your daughter didn't do well, maybe my son was lucky..

He scored a B+ after joining lexis education asia...

There is this lady called Linah who is always very friendly while serving me. She offered my boy free booster sessions nearing the exam period last year.

even sometimes after lessons, when i speak with the tutor Mr Junaith, he is always very keen to share with me how i can better help my son improve at home also....i believe it takes 2 hands to clap... so i will try my best even though i am not good with maths to help my son improve also.

For other parents who need more information, pls feel free to pm me... :)

Last edited:
I think parents should not listen to one side story, or just 1 bad story, and defined a particular maths tutor or a tuition centre, as bad. As you know nowadays, many parents are very 'creative', due to high cost living, they are selfish, and keep finding excuses to pay the tuition fee late, avoiding paying tuition fee and etc, and still expect tutors to teach their kids well. Otherwise, they will do their very best to 'paint' the tutors or centres 'black'. Most such 'creative' parents always have problematic child(ren). Maybe this is their retribution, as an elephant will give birth to an elephant, and never be any other animals. The sad thing is many good tutors will be hurt by such 'creative' parents.

Tutors are also human beings, they need to eat, and they need money to live, just like you. I believe that every tutors and teachers really love to help your kids. They definitely know that such occupation will face more shits than foods. They don't need you to be grateful. They just want you to know one thing that is if you cannot appreciate their kindness, then keep your mouth shut, and don't tarnish their names. If there are so many students can achieve great success under a particular tutor or centre, and not your child. You should look deep at your own child and yourself as well.

I hope parents nowadays, don't simply believe in rumors. Rumors are spread by BAD people. Good people will never say anything bad about people. Agree?

There are RC centres with qualified school teachers charging only $140 for 8 lessons a month teaching 3 subjects a month, I think it is unwise to pay exorbitant fees for group tuition. If you are interested, I can recommend you.

studies???

my cousin, din even finished Diploma, now has his own BTO flat, own Honda Jazz car and 2 lovely children.
Just heard from him that he pays above S$2,000 a year for each of his child's insurance premium...

still need qualifications in this society? not directly related to this thread, but just pondering... should I tear up my Computing degree from NUS?

studies???

my cousin, din even finished Diploma, now has his own BTO flat, own Honda Jazz car and 2 lovely children.
Just heard from him that he pays above S$2,000 a year for each of his child's insurance premium...

still need qualifications in this society? not directly related to this thread, but just pondering... should I tear up my Computing degree from NUS?

Computing degree from NUS is very hot.. back in my undergraduate days..
It's useful and gives you niche advantages that otherwise you won't be able to get..

you should be comfortably living in a 5 room flat, driving a VW and 2 lovely children too, right? :D

its all relatively speaking... you go read other forum, read about local grads getting retrenched / jobless for periods of time... then when you on the road, you look left and right, you see ah bengs, young punks, middle-aged citizens who dun struck you as capable, sitting inside their Audis, their Mercs... then you wonder... seriously, paper qualifications?

its all relatively speaking... you go read other forum, read about local grads getting retrenched / jobless for periods of time... then when you on the road, you look left and right, you see ah bengs, young punks, middle-aged citizens who dun struck you as capable, sitting inside their Audis, their Mercs... then you wonder... seriously, paper qualifications?

hmm.. not sure about the middle-aged citizens..
the ah bengs and young punks i see don't have their 2nd hand cars for too long..
The couple i know spent 95% of their income on the monthly, and can't afford to maintain it for more than 1 year.. :p
But that is only an extremely limited small number I see and know..

Back