Vaginismus

A vaginismus success story (Please not that this story is not mine, just wanted to share):

I came across this website - and this forum - in May 2007, two months before getting married. My nickname back then was "M.", since then I forgot the password... I already knew very well at that point that there was a problem with my body, as my future husband and I had tried to have sex before, and it simply didn't work...

He (not a virgin himself) figured out first that for some reason my body rejected anything that would come near the vaginal opening, and that the way to approach it would be to try to desensitize me. I remember how in the summertime of 2006 we spent half of one Sunday just trying to insert his finger into my vagina. He had trimmed his fingernails, we had lots of KY jelly on hand, after hours he was able to insert half of his finger. I was growing very worried.

I want to make it clear that I had never been abused as a child or anytime later. I had no idea why my body would shut down like that.

I remember that I never could insert a tampon. When I was a teenager I would put a big mirror on the bathroom floor and I still could not figure out where the tampon was supposed to belong. I didn’t see – or feel - anywhere it could possibly fit.

And here I was, 10 years later, as clueless as I was that day.

I said to my fiancee that I was sure things would work themselves out. Being realistic as he always is, he told me they might, but they also may not. He told me he loved me and wanted to marry me no matter what. And if we could never have sex, so be it.

A year later, in July 2007, he kept his promise. We had a beautiful, joyful wedding. I am a Catholic, my husband is of no religion. When we were standing at the altar that day only my parents knew... And us. I was vowing to my handsome husband, thinking that only God and us know the kindness of his heart, and the enormous love he has for me.

We were spared the disappointment of the wedding night, or the honeymoon. We knew what not to expect.

I was very relieved to come across this website, it was like a big hug in the lonely world of being a married virgin. I was able to give my condition a name:va-gi-nis-mus, va-gi-nis-mus... I read the stories for hours, identified with every single one of them, and cried. A catharsis. I can't express how much it meant to me to understand the mechanisms of what was happening with my body.

Then I ordered the dilator kit from this website. I hated it. The dilators were hard and cold. The books, however, I liked from the start. Following their advice, I looked at my vagina up close. I even got a small torch to get a good view. That worked for me, with time I managed to combat my seemingly irrational fears.

Trying to insert a dilator while looking at my vagina, however, would prove to be a bad idea for me. I kept seeing that blob so often described here, and I couldn't work past it. I saw something, but not really an opening. Because of that I was unable to put anything inside, I was subconsciously afraid it had no business going in there. Be it the smallest dilator, a finger, or a q-tip.

My husband tried to insert the smallest dilator for me, but the result was similar to inserting the finger all that time before.

Speaking of my husband, he never, ever, not even once said anything mean to me with regards to vaginismus. He always reassured me how much he loved me. Sometimes I cried and he would rock me in his arms like a baby. You see, I was the only one that had a problem with our marriage being unconsummated. My husband always said that he won't allow cultural beliefs dictate if his marriage is consummated or not. To him it was as consummated and perfect as could be. I myself to this day think I married an angel.

Time went by. In summer 2008 my mom (as I said earlier , she knew all along, we have a very good relationship) went to a new OB/GYN. She called me later, all shaking, and said they talked and she had told him about my condition. She thought it would be a good idea for me to get checked up, and wanted to prepare the grounds for me. And so I went there with her. The doctor was wonderful, very patient. He attempted to give me a physical exam and knew right away it would not be possible. He inserted one finger, it was very uncomfortable but not unbearable. Then he tried to use transvaginal ultrasound, but that was too much for me to handle. I remember very vividly lying there, pulling up my skirt and biting down on it, trying not to scream... We had to stop. The exam gave me something very valuable, however. The doctor showed me on the screen my vagina! I did have one! He also said it was actually a wide one, too. He encouraged me to work with the dilators. He also told me that whatever happened there was still an option for me to have an artificial insemination: if he was able to insert his finger, he said, there was enough space to insert the syringe.

Finally, he showed me my uterus. I left his office a new woman.

I still didn't take to the hard dilators, however. Another year went by. In fall of 2009 I was 27 years old and married for two years. I started longing - and longing is a good word - for a child. Contrary to any reason, I started taking folic acid.

At the same time I came across information of a doctor doing botox injections to treat vaginismus (I did not decide on it in the end). I watched the video:
youtube.com/watch?v=llLplZWGCzQ

Then I watched a video of a woman who had vaginismus and went through the treatment:

youtube.com/user/BraveWomenSpeak#p/u/4/lTb2OeVGm1A

Let me tell you this: I was watching this lady and tears were streaming down my face. I had read women's stories before, but I was never able to put a face to a story, hear a voice actually telling it. Till that day I was the only vaginismus face and voice I knew. It was a very emotional afternoon for me.

I also watched a video (to which I cannot find a link) with the doctor talking to this lady after the procedure. What struck me was that he said the women he operated on would wake up after the procedure with the dilator inserted, and that they would be able to then actually take it out and insert it back - and all that way BEFORE the botox kicked in.

I figured: if only I can trick my brain into thinking that I had the botox injection, I have to be able to do the same. I found on his website information about different dilators, the ones he uses, and decided to give them a try:

pureromance.com/PublicStore/catalog/productinfo.aspx?id=290&cid=1&AspxAutoDetectCookieSupport=1#

These are the ones. I sincerely hope this vaginismus community won't mind me recommending dilators other than their own. I tried the ones I got off this website and they didn't work for me. I believe that in the end it shouldn't matter which route we take, as long as we can overcome.

As soon as I got this set of dilators I started being very hopeful. There were 6 dilators, not 4, which meant I could graduate more slowly. The smallest dilator was way smaller than the smallest one in the first dilator kit I bought. It looked less inhibiting. The other important aspect was that these dilators were actually flexible, which helped me mentally a lot: I was not as afraid I would hurt myself. They warmed faster and felt more comfortable in my hand.

On November 1st 2009, in the evening, I asked my husband to insert the smallest dilator. Gently, he did. It hurt. I asked him to leave it there nonetheless. He was next to me, holding my hand. My vagina was burning, my legs were shaking, I asked him to bring me cushions from the living room to prop the legs on them.

And then it happened - while my husband was collecting all our cushions in the apartment, the pain went away! Just like that, all of a sudden I didn't feel anything! That was the best feeling. I knew I was onto something. I inserted the dilator all the way in, put on my underwear and walked around the apartment. I couldn't believe I had something inside me, and it didn't hurt. I was also scared that if I pulled it out I wouldn't be able to put it back in. I was so scared that I would lose this achievement that when I had to pee, I got in the shower and peed in there, dilator still inside, and showered.

When I was showering, the dilator did come out. I was able to put it back in, but with lots of pain, and I took it out. I felt defeated.

Next day, however, I lay on the bed and inserted the smallest dilator all by myself. I didn't look. I felt around. It hurt again, but I decided to give the burning sensation a chance to wear off. Like that first time. And it did.

After 4 days I was on dilator number 3. I learned the way to work with my body. I would put the tip of the smallest dilator in - and wait. After the initial pain subsided, I would insert the dilator all the way in. And then I would wait with it inside, making sure I had my favorite movie or a book within reach - something else to focus on. Usually after an hour I would stop feeling the dilator inside, and I would feel my vagina moistening, accomodating. Lying on the couch with my legs bent, I would then twist the dilator clockwise, and then counterclockwise. Next, I would take it out a little, and put it back in, gradually more and more, and finally I would take the whole dilator out and insert it back in. Then I would twist it all the way to the left, and then all the way to the right, to desensitize the vaginal opening and prepare it for insertion of a bigger dilator.

And that's how I would move on to bigger ones. When I reached the 3rd one I would put my underwear and clothes on and walk around with it - believe it or not, I would actually slowly walk to the store with it in! It wasn't exactly comfortable, but it wasn't painful for sure, the dilators were flexible and would adjust to my body. My goal was to make my vagina as indifferent to the sensation as possible. I would have the dilators in continuously for several hours, with toilet breaks only - thankfully, no need to pee in the shower anymore, as at that point I had no problem reinserting the dilators.

After some time I decided it was time for number 4 (out of the 6, just to remind you I was using a different kit). It was substantially bigger. After working with the previous dilators, I inserted it slowly with one leg on the toilet seat, like I would a tampon. It was burning. I learned to use vaginismus as my ally though - when I recognized the pain I knew I was inserting the dilator the right way. It was all familiar.

I moved to the couch, and lay there, intent on waiting as long as I had to. It took longer, but the pain did go away. Walking with this one in was quite out of the question. I would just put it in in the evening, when my husband and I would be watching TV, and just sit with it.

By the end of November I inserted number 5 - the last one for me, as I decided I would not need to work with number 6. It was the toughest. It was nighttime, my husband was sleeping, and I decided that after the whole day working with the dilators the time had come for this last one. I inserted the tip of it with one leg on the toilet seat, like before. The pain was excruciating. I fell onto the bathroom floor, stubborn, intent I would not take it out. I waited a while and started inserting it further, all the time on the floor. I managed to insert the whole dilator, ignoring the pain. All bent up, lying on the floor, I waited with it inside what was probably half an hour. Still in pain, I took it out. Pain was gone immediately, vaginismus had tricked me again.

The next day I did the same, this time next to the bed to have a better spot to wait for the pain to go away. When I inserted the dilator, the pain was just as bad as the day before, but I was very intent on not letting vaginismus win this time. I knew that once I pulled it out, the pain would go away, so there's nothing that's really harming my body. I waited. And waited. And eventually it did go away.

I kept working with the dilators and my body needed smaller and smaller amounts of time to adjust to the dilator inside. The smaller ones didn't require any wait time at that point.

In the end of November my husband and I had intercourse for the first time. Using the same logic, I knew the pain, the burning sensation would be gone after a few minutes. So we waited. And just like that, the pain did go away. My husband was inside of me and I did not feel any pain. I can't describe my joy and relief.

All the pieces in my life fell into place.

In the end of January we decided to try for a baby - and I got pregnant the first month. We are now expecting a baby boy.

When I got pregnant we chose an OB/GYN and described our situation to her. She was very understanding, did a quick pap smear, it was uncomfortable but surprisingly for me it honestly didn't hurt. She let me insert the transvaginal myself, and that proved to be even easier, just like inserting one of the smaller dilators. With the difference that now I could see the reward of all that - on the screen there was our baby.

I also went to the OB/GYN that I had visited with my mom once. He did a transvaginal and told me that if he hand't met me before he would never have guessed I had vaginismus.

Finally, I also saw a yet another OB/GYN and he did a full physical exam on me - and that did not hurt either.

So here is my story... Sometimes I look in the mirror at my growing belly, fold and unfold my son's little clothes, and I still can't believe it all really happened. I remember hearing about people having sex and feeling like a failure. I remember shopping for clothes for my friends' new babies, and feeling the biggest pain in my heart. I remember once buying a few baby clothes myself, showing them only to my husband, and hiding them in the closet. I remember the Mother Days in church, when I had to run out as soon as there came the time after the mass for the blessings. I remember all that, and more.

And here I am writing this for all of you out there, feeling my son's little kicks, and knowing that everything is possible. To those of you that are still struggling I wish lots of strength and endurance. If I could be of any help to you, please do not hesitate to write me. There are no bad or embarassing questions.

There's nothing you feel that I didn't feel.

With big, big hugs - M.

Hi Ribbonz, Babypaige, ital23 & the rest who r reading this forum with the same condition...

I hope this story wld encourage us more to succeed.. Personally, i need this kind of stories to motivate me coz there are days when my determination is down to zero. Like there is no hope for me. I feel sad for US.
I did suffer from a bit of depression too. But i tried to stay strong. Furthermore, I have lots of problems after marriage apart from vaginismus.

Since there quite a few of us here, i wld sincerely hope that we could form our own support group and meet up one day. Its hard to suffer alone coz other ppl won't understand what we r going thru, as if they r themselves (i'm referring to women) puzzled why we can't have sex.

Hi ladies haven't been on this thread for a while as have been busy.

Waves to Ital how are you?

Just wanted to say to you ladies that you're not alone and I can very well understand what you're going through. Fear is the biggest enemy for vag sufferers. I was scared too when it came to insertion of the dilators. When I first got the kit my heart sank when I saw the biggest one. I thought I'd never get to that stage nevermind getting thru' the first one. But I faithfully followed the book (my hubby and I saw the DVD but I don't think it really helped) and took things at my own pace. And yes there were times when I was stucked and didn't feel I was progressing and got totally frustrated and depressed. But these feelings don't last long and if you're determined enough they will pass and you will overcome vag one day. But we have to be realistic and don't expect a miracle overnight. Everyone's journey with vag is different. Some people overcome it faster than others and some take months or years but the main thing you should keep in mind is that you WILL reach your goal someday. I took over 6 mths to overcome vag and I never thought I'll see the day when I would say good bye to it. But I did and now I am a mother to 2 beautiful boys.

I have every faith that all of you will overcome someday so don't give up. When you're having a bad day, take some time off, just do your kegels or practise with the dilator that you're confident in. When you've got your confidence back then try again. Take each step slowly (small steps are the best), don't rush and most of all BELIEVE in yourself.

Feel free to pm me if you like. Will be glad to help in anyway I can.

Just dug something up which I came across when I was still suffering from vag. It may be of help.

http://www.singaporebrides.com/forumboard/messages/3/319680.html

In the above thread there is mentioned of a vag support group in sg. I'm not sure if it's still alive but no harm trying though.
happy.gif

I'm so glad and comforted that we can share openly in this thread. I do feel very ashamed of myself having this problem. Been married for many years and having unconsumated sex is very embarrassing. I hate it when people ask when we are going to have children.

BabyPaige, I've emailed Dr Lee but her charges are extremely expensive. Are you practising with any dilators at the moment?

Natashawan, thanks for sharing the story. How's your treatment coming along? Are you practising with any dilators?

Does anybody know what other thing we can use to practise that is smaller than the 1st dilator? I still find the 1st dilator big even though it's the smallest of the 4 in the kit. I've tried using tampon but the slits at the end make me very uncomfortable.

Hi Mrs N and Natashawan,
Thanks for sharing the stories. :)

Natashawan,
I agree with you. If the rest are comfortable, maybe we can meet up and support each other.. =)
I' also same as you, I have lots of problems after marriage apart from vaginismus. But things a beter for us now.

Hi Ribbonz,
I had dated my hubby for yrs and marriage for two yrs and i totally understand how u are feeling where we haven't consumate and everyone around us, including those married after us alreadi have kids.. But well, dun give up! We have each other to support here.. :)
As for Dr Lee, if you are having $$ issue, you can discuss with her. She is understanding. :) That time before I am able to insert the capsule vibrator, Dr Lee asked me to try with tampon, but its playtex gentle glide, coz have plastic application, so for some people maybe easier? this is the pic of the brand...
http://www.playtexgentleglide.com/Product_Family.aspx

Love, babypaige :)

Hi Ribbonz,

I have not tried any dilators, q-tip or even tampon. My treatment is not going smoothly as I have a lot of problems and lot of works.. n everyday is tiring n more tired.. Now, I have one more worry coz recently I've had coming of menstrual symptoms and I was expecting it to come since last month it was on the 14th.. But till now, no signs yet... I'm scared if i'm pregnant.. coz during the initial stage when he can't penetrate, but, he did come near the entrance of my vagina two times. Its not like having a baby is a unhappy thing.. I really want a baby but I wanted to settle this first before proceeding to the next step... God, pls help me!

Babypaige,

You seems very positive now.. I like that..
happy.gif

Hi natashawan,babypaige and Mrs N,

Sorry for late reply.
happy.gif

Thanks for all the sharings and advices.

Aside to Mrs N,it has been a long time since i have heard from you.Hope everything is fine at your side.
happy.gif
I have some ques to ask you.Will pm you.
Hope to hear from you.

Aside to Natashawan, babypaige,i will make appt to see Dr Martha Lee then.Actually i have been doing the kegel exercise for a while before inserting the dilators.But i have stopped for a while.In fact the exercise really help to relax the muscles and it is easier to insert.I have stopped cause that time it is painful so my fear it back again.
sad.gif

Would like to ask ,will Dr Martha Lee also advise us to do use the dilators apart from the kegel exercise?

I also agreed with natashawan to meet up and form our own support group.We can share more informations in this case.Let's pm each other to arrange for a kopi session then
happy.gif
I think there is nothing to be ashame of this problem and there should be more women suffering ,just that they do not want to speak up.

Let update.

Hi Ribbonz,

I personally find that the smallest the item,it is harder to insert.For me,maybe i have use the wrong method.I did not use the cotton bud,i started off with the first size,but did not go in much,than i use the 2nd size,suprisely,the 2nd size can go in half lor.So it is really pyscho problem i guess.You can tried my method if you want.

Hi Natashawan,

if you really gotten preg this time,than you should feel happy cause must be really "lucky" then can get preg when your hubby shoot the sperm out near the vaginal.
I have tried that last time,but never sucessful.So quick go and buy preg kit test
happy.gif

natashawan / babypaign> cannt pm both leh.

Hi ladies,
Just update on Dr Chew n miracle baby. I hv not seen Dr Chew cos my hubby feels it will spoil our exploration stage since external help has interfered. He prefers to let nature takes it's course since we are both virgins. We hv reached an agreement to try until end of year. If unsuccessful, we will either engage DR Chew's help or hv another miracle baby. But I prefer to hv baby thru sex....
As for my first miracle baby, my gynae told us it's not easy for the sperms unless they are very healthy... I am not sure if ladies mentioned pain during sex is when the penis tries to enter( just touch a bit) or when penis is right at the opening of the vagina. For me, I dun hv any pain at all. My finger or penis can enter abt 3 cm very easily when i am aroused n very wet. My period is very regular so I know my ovulation days easily. During ovulation days, plus minus one day, we hv fun m my hubby will ejaculate when he's abt 3 cm inside. Then I will lie there for abt 10 mins n the sperms just made their way inside. After that i went to wash myself. That's how I
got pregnant! My gynae says maybe cos we dun drink or smoke so can hv miracle baby cos the sperms hv to swim great distance.

Hi ital thanks. I'm ok just been very very busy as I had my #2 8 weeks ago and my house is topsy turvy at the moment.
happy.gif

Just a thought. When you put in the dilator half way through and you feel yourself tensing up just stop for a while, leave the dilator where it is and do some kegels. And when you feel ready try to get it in a little more. When you do your kegels try to imagine in your mind your muscles opening and closing. It helps and will distract you from focusing on the fear of pain. The main thing for not feeling the pain is not to focus on it. When we are frighten, our body releases adrenaline and this will make us feel the pain so the trick is to try and relax. Our bodies have a natural way of coping with pain when we are relaxed.

Sure, feel free to pm me.

ribbonz

I think what a therapist does is to teach you relaxation techniques so you will not fear pain. Overcoming vag is alot to do with conditioning your mind not to fear penetration and if you do not fear you will be more relax and hence no pain.
happy.gif

Try to look on the positive side. It may seem like a curse at the moment but some good will come out of your experiences in overcoming vag. For me the kegels and the breathing relaxtion techinques I learnt proved useful later on during childbirth. I managed two natural drug free deliveries and I put this down to the 'training' I had while trying to overcome vag.

When I first started the 'training' program
happy.gif
I also skip the q-tip and tampon stage. Didn't feel comfotable with inserting a foreign object initially so I used my finger instead. Started with one finger first and when that was successful used two fingers after that when I was confident enough progressed onto the 1st dilator. Using lots of lubricant also helps. Btw don't know if you are all aware but not all lubricants are sperm friendly. Initially used KY jelly but after overcoming vag and when ttc discovered that ky jelly is not sperm friendly so used pre-seed.

snowpony how did you managed to go thru labour? It is 10 times worse as your vaginal muscles are stretched more than when penetration thru intercouse!!

natashawan fingers crossed for you. Are you fearing the pain of childbirth process b'cos of vag? If that is the case maybe you could try hypnobirthing if you're preggie. I have friends who tried it and they had very good birth experiences.

Have a good weekend everybody.

Hi Mrs N,

I have just pm you.can you advice my email?
thanks

Hi snowpony,

You are very lucky.
Your case is not serious vag problem then if your hb is able to go in 3cm.For us is we are unable to go in that much.it must all depend on luck and praying to get preg .

Hi Natashawan,
Of coz i have to stay very positive.. But there are times when i feel down.. but whenever i feel dat way, i will tell myself that.. if others can overcome this prob, why can i? =)

Hi ital23,
Dr. Lee didnt encourage me to use dilator as it feels very hard and scary to me. I don't even dare to use my own finger and I ask her why? She mentioned to me that becoz our finger have alot of nerves where we will feel scared if we use our own finger to try to insert. Therefore I used my hubby's! :p And he managed to insert one section of his finger in! :D
Dr. Lee had also helped me emotionally. =)Actualli there are more then kegel exercise.. To me, kegel exercise is the beginning of my treatment to this prob.. =)
I tink you cant pm me and natashawan, maybe we do not have enouf post to receive pm yet?

Looking forward to meet up wif u gals.. =)

Love,
BabyPaige

Dear all,

Sorry i'm a bit busy... And I have not test anything yet.. Coz last time, my menses did come 5-10 days late whenever i'm stressed.. Last month was even worst.. When I've known that its Vaginismus, its not even stress, its depression! So I wld like to think that my menses is late due to that...
Its getting harder to type here.. Wld like to mit up if its fine with everyone...

Btw Babypaige, how many treatments have you gone to Dr Martha?

ital got your email. Will reply as soon as possible.

natashawan I got married in Oct 2005 and overcame vag sometime end of Sept 2006. Overcoming vag was the best anniversary present for us.

Chin up. When you hit rock bottom the only way out is to go up. You'll overcome vag one day. I'll be rooting and praying for you (all of you). So come on ladies you can do it.

babypaige to receive private message, you need to click on your username and then click profile at the top of the page. Then you sign in with your userid and password. Go to preferences and uncheck the 'Do not send me 'private message' emails from other board users. Then save profile changes.

HTH
happy.gif

Hi all,
I am scared of pap smear etc. So nothing 'foreign' near me. I had my baby thru casearean. Ha. My gynae cannot touch me. I ran out of her clinic. I thought of buying the vag kit too like you ladies, but when I saw the pictures of the dilators, I freak out. Just looking at pictures I felt like vomiting. I haven have the courage yet. Admired you ladies for your bravery.

My muscles felt tight ( no pain but shock feeling) when my hubby tries to go deeper. Always cannot. Like block out. Does doing kegel exercises help? How many times per day? I really wish there were short cuts n simpler methods to overcome vag. I hate the sight of dilators. Really cannot imagine.....

Babypaige,
I've tried using Playtex Gentle Glide but the slits at the end make me very uncomfortable. Hmmm, maybe i should try using my husband's finger. That's a good idea to try and he can be involved too. By the way, what is this small capsule vibrator that you have mentioned?

natashawan,
i totally understand. I'm also very tired after work and i rather watch TV to relax then practise. It's quite bad as it hinders the progression. I need a lot of determination and self-discipline to move on.

ital23,
wow it's amazing that you can insert half of D2 but not D1. The size of D2 onwards is just too scarily big. Did you feel any pain at all?

Mrs N,
thanks for your encouragement and advice. I've not tried using my own finger because my counsellor told me that using own finger is more difficult because we would have to manage both finger and the vaginal. Using foreign object allow us to just focus on the vaginal. Maybe I can also try using my finger to see if it works.

Snowpony,
I'm not sure how much kegel exercises can help without practising the dilators. I'm having the impression that we need the dilators to overcome. The dilators help our body to be conditioned having something inside so that the PC muscles would not cramp up. I totally understand how you feel. The dilators look so big and hard right? Have you tried using a Q-tip? I always thought that nothing can go inside me. But when I try using the Q-tip with lots of kegel exercises, it can actually go in! And then i tried using 2 Q-tips. Also can. Now trying with the smallest dilator.

Hi ribbonz,
My friend bought this capsule vibrator for me.. actualli this vibrator is like a size of a finger, but abit shorter then finger.. =) will take a foto and post onto the forum when im free.. hee .. if the rest dun mind lah.. :p

Mrs N,
Thanks. I manage to accept PM alreadi. =)

Hi Natashawan,
I went to Martha since last yr dec. =) Didn't realli go often.. But after every visit, i see myself improving.. =)
Am looking forward to the meet up.. =)

Snowpony,
Last time my down 'there' feels the exactly the same as urs.. felt tight and 'shut' off anything near it.. but nw its starting to open up...
happy.gif

Dear all,
Actualli there are more then kegel exercises. Cant share more here on what I had learned from Dr Martha.Sorry.
To me, dilator looks scary. That time i wanted to try.. but it looks very plastic..

Love,
BabyPaige

Agree with baby paige that there is more to just kegels and dilators. For those who are using the 10-step to overcoming vag the first part of the book where you do a self reflection and identify issues in your life past and present is just as important. Don't skip it.

Dear All,

Sorry for the late post.. I am really really down right now.. No motivation... The problem is.. It wld be fine if I had vaginismus only (although it is still too much for me to accept) but till now, my menses still have not yet come and a few weeks ago I actually discovered something on my right nipple, brush it off as dry skin, and now its getting worst... Very itchy, flaky and peeling.. I am really scared and I do not want it to be cancer... I can't take Vaginismus and Cancer at the same time...
sad.gif

Plus my husband is having trouble with his working place and he might be terminated... If i'm sick and can't work, there will be no income for us in future...
sad.gif

I wanted to go see a doctor asap.. please pray really hard for me...
Thank you all... If everything is clear, I cld concentrate on my vaginismus again... I really hope so... I've gone thru much and I just wanted a happy and normal marriage.

BabyPaige, yup I can accept pm now.
happy.gif

natashawan, please take care and hope you would see a doctor soon. Hope your health would be ok. *hugs*

Ribbonz,
I had pm-ed you.

Natashawan,
Dun worry too much. Go see a doc and see what he/she say. You will be ok.. take care..
*hugz*

Love,
BabyPaige

Hi Everybody,

This topic is getting more responses and i m glad to see most of us are very active in replying
happy.gif

Natashawan,
Dun worry.god will bless u.go and see a doc and ask for opinion.

Ribbonz,
ya.a bit pain that why i have stopped for a while as i m scared off by the pain.I hope i can solve this without using the dilators.It is really a very tough process to do this.You must really bite the bullets to go thru this.
M still trying and strugging to...

In conclusion,
i guess most of us suffering from this problem will not dare to do pap smear test as well as inserting the dilators.That is why we are unable to have normal intercourse.So let share whatever ideas or methods here to overcome this.Shall we?

Mrs N
i have reply ur email.can u advise?

Dear All,

I'm back! Good news.. My menses came today (and its very very painful) and I also did went for a check up already and the doctor told me that it doesn't look cancerous although I must come back if the problem still persist. Thanks all for the support.
happy.gif
Now, I really must focus in vaginismus. I've waste some time already..
Btw, for those of you who did insert dilator or vibrator, did you guys use oil (olive, baby etc) or lubricant (durex, KY etc)?

Hi everybody,
Sorry I was a bit down n didn't know what to do. Tried not to think abt it. My gynae has been calling me to go for pap smear since I hv not done it for six years but I am really scared. My hubby is really worried cos I hv pain on my lower right abdomen n I had really heavy menses this mth. So bad that I was pale n weak n suffered headaches. I dare not try any q tip or tampon so I tried using my finger. Thought if I can try a bit before i go for pap smear but really can't go far. It's really stressful. My gynae is very gentle but I am still scared but also felt that I need to check.

Ribbonz n baby paige,
Thanks for the info.

Natashawan,
Glad to hear that everything is well for you. I started reading from where I stopped the last time n was worried for you. Good to hear the good news. I can imagine your fears n worries. Just like my situation now. Hope I am not suffering from cervical cancer or what....

By the way, I heard a lot of discussions abt Dr M Lee. Is she really that good? She dun look friendly n her website looks really commercialized. I am very timid when it comes to whatever that concerns my body. I was thinking maybe I can consider her rather than Dr Chew since she is female n can dun use dilators.

Dear Snowpony,

Thanks for your concern... I'm glad I've met you guys in this forum...
Actually, I did find Dr Martha intimidating too...
N when I called her for the first time, she didn't sound friendly so I decided to take up other types of treatment first...

But after that I decide to make an appointment with her thru email coz I read abt the articles of success from her..
In real life, she looks more friendly and her approach is easy to understand and doesn't look intimidating, no touching at all...

Snowpony,

Technically our vaginal can accomodate the size of baby so it is quite deep. Having said that it doesnt quite translate to us feeling ok with inserting anything inside. Does your gynae know that you have vaginismus? Might be good to let him/her know in case papsmear is not possible.

Hi All,

i will be going to see a gyn next week and i m quite worried that she might do some check up like pap smear or whatever need to insert in
sad.gif

I will tell her about my condition and see what she advice.Going for check up is really somthing that troubles me day and night.sigh....

Natashawan,
have you started to practise the dilators?so how u feel? easy?i have pm u.

Natashawan, thanks for your feedback. I will take note.

Ribbonz, my gynae is aware that I hv the vag condition. But to her, doing pap smear is 'tiny' n over in10 seconds so she told me it's different from intercourse. I just hv to count to 10. I tried once but unsuccessful.

Ital, for me, since I never had pap smear, I did ultrasound scan of the ovaries etc. In addition, since I am still a virgin, I took jabs for prevention of cervical cancer. Total of 3 jabs, spread across a year. But my gynae wanted to be 100percent safe, so persuading me to do pap smear.

ital I received your first message and replied. Did you send me another one? I didn't receive any!!!

natasha glad all is well with you.
happy.gif

snowpony even though I've overcomed vag I still don't fancy the thought of a pap smear. I'm due one soon but still haven't booked the appt yet. Have to psyched myself up for it. Also my PC muscles are a bit weak after the delivery. Ooops have to keep reminding myself to do kegels!!!

natasha you view your pm thru' your email acct. You should receive an email starting with something like this: Congratulations! You have received a message from so and so ...

Thanks for all replies

Mrs N,
yes.I did send u another one.
happy.gif

Natashawan,
when someone pm u,it will go to ur email inbox.
u check.

Snowpony,
I also heard of using ultrasound scan.Most probably i will ask the doc to do the same thing But just want to ask if the scan alone is enough to make sure my body is in good condition.

Hi Natashawan,

Hope you are feeling beter now.. =)
I totally agreed with you. When i first contacted Martha end last yr, i feel abit intimidating as well.. But after talking to her.. i feel very comfortable talking to her.. Sometime i even leave together with her after attending her class.. Sometime she will email and ask hws everyting as well..

As for me, i didn't dare to do pap smear.. my gynae know about my prob.. she oso advise me at the moment juz skip pap smear if i wana do body check up.. when i go and visit my gynae, she will use ultrasound to check me.. and she say everyting is ok. =)

Hi snowpony,
Can you try to unlock ur pm? U want to send you msg..

Love,
babypaige

Girls,

I got this from the net.
What is your vagina trying to tell you?

1) How can you want me to open with a man when u never even look at me or say my name out loud. Please get to know me before asking me to open up to others.. (LOL!)

2) I'm not physically ready for sex! I need more time/knowledge/trust/ lube/information/ precautions!

3) I want to test your partner.. if 2night I don't open up as you wish, I want to see how he takes it, if he respects u or gets mad at u. Thank me! (LOL!)

4) I’m so confused and scared about sex, I mean, mom says it's bad before marriage, God says that too, my boyfriend says he’ll leave me if I don’t do it, my best friend says sex is beautiful, I read that my hymen will break… Please reassure me a bit! (What I used to think... LOL!)

5) Hello? mind? heart? are you sure you really want to have sex tonight?? cause I don't think so! Will you take me seriously for once? I don't want to have sex tonight!!"

6) I don't want to work under this mental pressure to perform! I'm having stage fright!! And you keep telling me bad things too!

7) Ouch, that hurt! If you keep having sex this way or let him have his way, I’m gonna get really hurt.. Since you’re not listening to me, then you leave me no choice but shutting down.

8) I dont like the partner you chose! Who is this guy anyway?? He’s no good for you.. Don’t get fooled. Don't force him in me! There’s a reason if I’m closing. Get the hint!

9) I am not ready to have a child, at all. No contraceptive is 100% safe. Don't get me pregnant..!

10) Mmhh...I think the ovaries are not feeling too good... There may be some cyst near here.. Since they can't get the message through to you, I’m ringing a bell to get your attention before it’s too late. You need to go see a doctor!

Historically, vaginas have been told to shut up ALL THE TIME, they have been subtly taught they shouldn’t be heard nor seen..

They should be used, not understood..
They should open and close at a male’s command, not at their own will.

It’s small wonder that women have suffered from vaginismus all over the world. Now, vaginismus gives you a chance to LISTEN to something ancient, profound and mythical.

If you feel she’s a complete stranger for you, you may want to check the Vulvar Anatomy section and get to know her.
Sometimes fixing vaginismus is not worth half the happiness and self-confidence that a long-lasting friendship with your vagina will give you.

So get in vagina’s shoes, it can make a world of difference to finally listen to her.

Hi ital...

I think I can't PM you leh...
N you can't get my reply email...
But it felt a bit weird to post it here.. my question... Lol.. but nvr mind...

I just wanted to know, when u first insert the dilator, did you go around poking it in or did u use a mirror first?

Back