Twins due in 2008?

Hi Mummies,

Finally booked my CL already... 2.8K for 28 days and I guess that is the market rate for CL to take care of twins.

My hubby still dun convince 2 girls cos he says early and shall wait until next 2 week when i visit my gynae ( by then I am 17 weeks ) or even fetal assessment. He says if what later we shop and shop and suddenly next scan, the bb's "ball" descend.. then how. I know he hoping for a boy cos he wanted company for my #1.

Mrs H, my gynae ban me cos she says twins got more complication than singletons. But we hack care... my hubby just take care when we BD.
Ava, wah! Ur tummy so big already! I cannot imagine when u hit 28 weeks.

Hi Cynthia, welcome! Very soon u can see ur bbs already! So excited for you. My delivery package is :

Normal delivery with 3 days 2 night stay in TMC 2300 X 1.5

C-section with 4 days 3 nights stay in TMC is 3600 X 1.5

This is how my gynae charge me...

Hi bb2609,

2k is for 1 baby... for twins, the agent charge me up to 2.8K to 3.5K. Then I ask my friends who have twins... they say this is the so call market rate cos taking care for 2.

Cos she charge me base on her single baby charges... but all need to X 1.5. Luckily she din charge me X 2.

Confinement lady
Yea, I'm paying $2.8k as well.

Package
My gynae has stopped package deals for all births. My delivery charges are $1800 - 2500 regardless of method of delivery. Hospital charges are TMC twin rates.

anyone went for the detailed scan during 20 to 21 weeks where they measure all the babies' arms, legs, head etc? How did it go? Your babies in good position for Gynae to scan? share your experience....

i'm only going for my detailed scan on the 15th! heard it is going to be a loooooong one. one scan already so long, imagine 2 scans! haha.

ya, I heard 1 is 45min, 2 will be double, and depends on the position, sometimes will have to go back. for mine, i kept telling babies to be good, lie in a position that is easy for Dr to scan, indeed they were good! Took around 1 hr, everything done! Dr even said "good babies", quite funny.

Mine was about 1 hr as well...Hi Vinegal, nice to see u here again
happy.gif
so, gals/boys/ or 1 each?

Mine are two gals, weighed 306g and 308g at 19w 5 days (last week's Detailed Scan)

For mine the sonographer was quite experienced, so she could find all the angles she needed in one sitting...those not so experienced ones may need several tries...

Mine are 2 boys, oredi posted earlier in this thread. The exact weight I am not sure, but he estimated a differece of around 50g difference, which was why we were worried abt TTTS. 1 is early 300g, the other is about 350g at 21 weeks. But he says everything is normal, consistent growth from last visit so no worry for now..

Going for check up again this week, hope I do not get any shocks....

Hey does ur twins kick often? the feeling is so cute, i read they start to know each other's presence, so if 1 kick the other will react, so amazing right?

Vinegal
You posted already is it? Soree! I am becoming a real blur sotong.....my boss must be thinking I'm some space cadet...simple things also forget, let along important ones...sigh.

OIC, no wonder you were worried...

My kiddos nudge me a lot now...i always feel their heads pushing against my belly...a bit uncomfortable when I cough or am too full! i do get kicks too. They seem to like my hb's and son's singing...cos they move quite a bit when they sing.

sometimes i feel a very hard bump protruding, but i duno if is head or ankle or elbow, ava, how you know is head? haha

I always wonder who is kicking, cos I am not sure wat is their position now...they tend to move alot rite?

Ya Ya.. Sometimes really dunno who is kicking.. Looking forward in seeing them next month which is fast.. Btw congrats to all twins mummy!!!

mY Doctor Charges me 4k for delivery fees.. Thats exclude the stay package of course... Wonder if ifs ex..

Hi is anybody giving birth at kk? my fren gave birth at TMC and got a 1-bed room, and she paid a little more so her hubby and daughter can spend overnight with her! (so good hor?) donno if kk got such service? (I always imagine i'll end up in a 4-bedder with fan only
sad.gif

Vinegal: I also can feel a hard bump when i'm lying down flat... like one of the twins 'swim up to the surface' to say hello to me heehee... so i will always pat pat the 'head' and it will sink down again, like a submarine haha!

Hi mummies,

bb2609, i eating tuna all along... cannot eat? My gynae says no gingseng and liver only.

Ladies, when did u all experience ur bbs kicking? Somehow or rather, now I still cannot feel it... I am in my 15 weeks ++

Vinegal
Am assuming it's the heads, cos round and fairly large...or could be the bum also hehe!!

Food
My gynae didn't restrict any foods....no ginseng and liver? I was told by some TCM shop lady can take some ginseng...and i know women in US take liver...i guess depends on the doctor. I'm even allowed wine...altho i don't crave it at all! Not much of a drinker...

Ya food, why no liver? Liver is good for us esp we need more blood, just make sure is well cooked. Ginseng I do avoid, not sure but anything herbal I try not to, not sure can or cannot. Tuna, not a fan, so no comments too. Guess depends on individual, just take in moderation. People say no orange, I also take, which I feel is good vitamin C!

Purebliss, I experience the so called kicks (at first I thought is wind) around 19 or 20 weeks.

Ladies, do you all see ur gynae every 2 weeks of once a mth? heard singleton only see once a mth, I have to see so often, expensive!

Cynthia,
my gynea charge me $900 for natural birth,
$1200 for c section and extra twin $300..excluding hospital charges...
not sure if urs is ex leh..

bb2609
think can choose which type of ward u wana stay...

regarding tuna,
I saw an article b4 say cant eat..
so I reduce.. never eat alot..
but my gynea never restrict me in eating stuffs..

just went for my growth scan for my twins at NUH yesterday...
does not seem very gd..
cos the amniotic fluid for them r decreasing..
so the prof say must monitor every week..
if keep on decreasing.. bbs will be in distress..
and I think need to have e c section...
sad.gif

Just wanna ask when you did your NT scan, what was the NT for your twins?

1 of my twin is slightly high, at 2.9mm,
sad.gif
Decided not to go for any invasive tests at that time. Although detailed scan at week 21 showed everything normal, can't help but feel worried.

Vine,
I have done my detail scan at 21 weeks..
buy gynea ask me go for growth scan to make sure my bbs are ok...
every 3 weeks at NUH

Hi Vinegal, thanks for your info. Was worried dunno if anything happen inside or not. Cos book says those sudden "vanishing " thing... very scary. Intially during my 1st trimester, she sees me every 2 weeks. Now is monthly thing if not very expensive.

Jaslyn, did the prof explain y the fluid is decreasing and what is causing it?

Jaslyn
Take care...your parents back from hols right...you should just be resting resting resting! lie down, eat lots and don't move!!! pray that your gals are alright
happy.gif

Vine
I see gynae every month...i was wondering if it should be two weeks, but i guess it depends on doctor...my friends with twins - the one in HK saw her gynae every 2 weeks; in Spore, she saw gynae every month till about 24 weeks, then 2 weeks, then i think 1 week once nearer EDD.

Purebliss
Yeah, that "vanishing" phenomenon is damn frightening man.....better not read too much of scary stuff. just know what the warning signs are and then ask doctor...
sad.gif

Job
Wah, i'm already so tired at 21 weeks....dunno if can continue with job or not. boss already commenting i'm getting careless......and i'm still on probation!!
sad.gif

dear all:
Pple say not to eat tuna and some type of fish cos it's high in silver/mercury?!...my sis in law say try to eat fish with scales.

I eat liver too, but not much cos hubby dont eat. It's very rich in iron and can help make more blood. Anyway can't eat much also, just a bit with fried veggies...nobody eat a liver STEAK right?!

ginseng i'm not sure, i'm only taking bird nest alternate daily. No other TCM/herbs for me.

I can't take konnyaku jelly... that time kena cramps around belly button..maybe too cooling.

vinegal: my detail scan is 6 weeks apart from my last gynae visit. Maybe after this will be once a month...

Purebliss: I only feel flutterings and "float" to my tummy surface from 16-17 weeks onwards...maybe you'll feel something soon!!

wah i don mind seeing gynae every 2 weeks!! always get so stressed before every scan...worried and thinking if they are 'still there and kicking' or not...:p

Purebliss
he din really explain..
and anyway I prefer to ask my gynea..
cos ask them stuff they either dun reply or reply like never reply or ask me to go ask my gynea...
will be seeing my gynea this fri...

Ava,
yep..
me resting at home..
sometimes will work abit cos still need me to settle stuffs...
thanks!

do u think we tend to be more forgetful huh?
I feel that leh..
always forget what ppl ask me to do...

bb2609
ya lor..
thats what the article I read says..

birdnest is gd...

I m still seing my gynea 3 weeks apart..
think maybe after fri visit he will ask me to see him every week liao..

Hi mummies

Ava, ya... my hubby threaten to throw away that book if i continue to let my mind " wander side track" Actually till now I dunno what are the warning signs to look out for except bleeding.

Job
====
Understand how you feel... but just try ur best... JIayou! My gynae says 2nd trimester we will feel better but I feel more lousy than 1st.

Jaslyn, sometimes better to check with gynae... ask others is no reply or they " play soccer" ask u to check with your doc. Now I had problem with my gynae nurses... ask them things, they never get back to you until u started chasing them. Recent few days, my pelvis bone very very painful and likewise for my lower abdominal. Is it normal? I got ezcema also ard my ankles...

bbgoh2609, I hope I can feel them ard 16 to 17 weeks too.. Now dunno how are the 2s doing in my tummy.

Cynthia
my gynea is at TMC..
Dr A L Lim..

Purebliss
ya lor..
so I rather this fri go ask my gynea..
sometimes hor..
nurses also cannot trust..

is ur pain one side or both sides?
cos my gynea say is both sides must go back and see him..
if one side maybe cos bb are pressing on it..

I also got rashes..
but not sure if its ezcema..
but gynea gave me cream..
he say apply is ok.. wont harm bb..
so maybe u can get some cream from ur gynea...

I also feel my gers ard 16 weeks.. hehe..

Harro harro I'm new. Just diagnose with twins...one 8 weeks and the other 7 weeks old. Size are so different...the younger one is 1/3 the size. Is this normal?
Wonder what's the development like?

M with Dr Joan Thong at RH.

welcome lynn!
congrats!!
my gynea told me b4 that twins wont be of the same size..
as long as the difference is not alot..

Morning Mummies,

Hi Lynn! COngrates to you and welcome!!

Jas, you are right... I never trust a nurse. Remember a few yrs ago, I had abnormal cells growing in my cervix and did a pap smear, the nurse told me " I have got cancer in my cervix!" Then when i see the gynae, she says just some abnormal cells... zzz

Mummies, can i check with you all something? Is your gynae specialize with multiple pregnancies? Or they are just normal? I call my gynae and told her that my abdominal pain and she says normal... nw inside my V area also got tingling pain on and off.

Hi Jaslyn, bb and Kris,
Thx for the well-wishes. M really excited tho it's gonna take another 2 months to really feel the pregnancy.

Jaslyn, do u know if 1/3 difference in size is alot? were your bbs sizes that different?

Hi Jaslyn,
i didn't suffer from any symtoms except rash outbreak.
What's the cream u are using? Would like to get it from pharmacy as i stop all medication given to me by National Skin Centre...yah...didn't realise i was actually pregnant.

Purebliss
wah biang!
the nurses scare u leh..
so now only talk to a gynea.. better..

not sure if my gynea is specialize with multiple pregnancies but he has more than 20 yrs of experience liao..
so I trust him..
maybe u should go see her and maybe get her to check..
safer this way..

Welcome Lynn!
is this ur 1st child?

1/3 difference ah..
not sure leh..
maybe u can check with ur gynea...
my smaller twin is always 100g smaller than the bigger one..
during my last scan they are about 200g different..

the cream I use is given by my gynea..
its Neoderm..
think u better see ur gynea to ask for cream rather than get it from pharmacy..
its also better to bring all ur medicine to let ur gynea have a look.. to make sure..

Hi Jaslyn,

Seriously, that time I was working and after recieving such news from the phonecall... I broke into tears instantly. My colleagues were wondering what happen to me. Scared my hubby also... he worried like mad.

Hiaz... I call her and ask her she says normal no need to check. SO i can do nothing either. Just pop painkillers. Is ur gynae Prof Wong from NUH?

Thx Jaslyn. Yes, this is my first pregnancy. thot that we may never have kids since no news after 3.5yrs of marriage

ok, shall check with gynea on cream. really unbearable.

yah, m worried about size of twins shall wait till next tuesday then. hmm...guess 200g difference is ok?

anyone with Dr Thong at RH?

Purebliss
sure breakdown one when we hear this kind of news..
how can they just tell u w/o asking the gynea..
so terrible..
sure ur hubby will be worried..

my gynea is AL Lim from TMC..
Prof Wong I see him cos my gynea ask me go there for growth and detail scan..

Lynn
welcome!
oic..
this is also my 1st pregnancy.. hehe..
maybe the timing is not correct..
my cousin have kids after 10 yrs of marriage...

ya.. cant bear with it better ask ur gynea for cream..

this is the 1st time they r 200g different..
so I also asking my gynea when I see him tomorrow.. together with my reduced amniotic fluid
my gynea say 100g is ok..

guess size difference should be measured in %, more accurate, gynae says as long as is below 20% it should be ok.

Thx Vine & jaslyn.

Shall wait till next Tue when i see the gynae. Now very restless at work tho lots to do. Sigh!

My good news is also that m feeling normal other than the rash. No other pregnancy symtoms.

Lynn
next tues very fast..
ya lor..
when pregnant will be more tired...
me also.. no symtoms during 1st trimester..
except for wanting to sleep everyday.. hehe..

yes, jaslyn, next tues seems so near and yet so far...can't wait...impatient already.

was at another thread and those having dec 2008 babies are already booking their CL.

Ladies, do we need to do this so quickly?

Lynn
yep.. I understand..
I also always look forward to seeing my gers..
and seeing them this afternoon.. hehe..

yep.. cos I did my booking of my CL at about going to 5th mth..
but then mostly all full liao...
so must be fast..

Wah, Lynn, next tuesday u go check up? Mine is on Saturday... seems slow... Me also bo bian quickly booked CL if not like what Jaslyn says, later nothing left.

Jaslyn, can I check with you if ur leg is swelling? Just now go back my mum's place, she commented that one of my feet is swollen.

Hi all...do we really need a CL nowadays?

Just called up one CL and though she cannot make it to do confinement for me, she advised me to "save the money" and buy good food to eat instead. She said nowadays most of us seldom do housework so it's unlikely we get rheumatism etc (resulted from touching too much water?) so just use the money and buy nutritious food ("just eat as per normal") or tonics like longan/red dates to 'bu' our bodies. She say better to get a maid instead to do the cleaning and help my MIL out. Even though a maid can be also very troublesome, I think she has a point too... what are your opinions?

On second thoughts, I think I'm lucky enough to have MIL to help...if I don't and mum's not available, then I guess I'll need a CL too. Oh well! Just ignore my useless ranting :p

BTW anybody kena your MIL or mum's superstitious Dos and Don'ts during your pregnancy? I just encountered it today...

Hubby and I are expecting our new LCD TV and console to be delivered this weekend. My MIL specially called me today (after hearing from hubby) and ask me if there's any drilling to be done. If so, I'm to stay away. Ok I believe this is to avoid the irritating drilling noise that may hurt me. But, the way she says it is more like 'pantang'. I said there won't be drilling.

Then she say: if they are gonna move the furniture around or assembling the console/shifting the TV etc, I should "go downstairs and take a walk" and come back only after everything's done. I'm very excited about the delivery and wanted to watch them set up the thing (from a distance of coz), and kept asking her why. She keep saying "just don't see, just don't see". *sigh.... so I guess she's pantang about that too... what to do, just agree agree lor...

(I could rebutt her that my ex colleague, who's heavily pregnant then, organised and even oversaw the entire OFFICE MOVING last year. Yes, she's there like a conductor amidst all that moving chaos. What's my TV/console delivery compared to THAT? She gave birth to a bouncing bb boy... but I think there's no use rebutting a MIL...)

Has your mums/MILs give you such 'pantang' dos & don'ts? How's your reaction? (stressed/feel controlled/funny etc) For me, i feel kinda stressed liao haha....

Back