Twins due in 2008?

bb2609
haha...see u have shortened your nic
happy.gif

During my Oscar, my babes were in same posn too with one on top of the other, lying in opp directions)

mine too at 11 weeks. same position lying in opp directions. my gynae confirmed it wasn't conjoined twins because both of them are in the same sac...

i was quite a bit worry though when i read up the possibilities of twins in the same sac being conjoined is high. but thank goodness it's not..

bb2609
dun worry too much..
mine was also like that ard the same no. of weeks..
now they r side by side liao..with each other smelling each other legs..haha..
if ur gynea give u a pic of the scan..
think u can find how big are they in it..

thanks all...i hope they will somehow lie sidebyside next time so they have more space....:p

Jaslyn: no lor...that appt was very suay...only listened to 1 heartbeat, no bb measurements, no printout photo also...
sad.gif

bb2609
aiyo.. looks like the service is not gd lor..
maybe the next time u go hor u bring ur hubby..
then get ur hubby to tell the gynea..
must act angry also..

Jaslyn: Me damn blur la, only know what I have missed after I replay the video (luckily i got digicam to video the ultrasound for my hubby to see; hubby can't go for the scans cos working on weekdays; always go with MIL or mum) BTW next appointment is on a Saturday at the Private Suite liao, so should be ok la..i know what's impt to ask liao :p

bb2609,
oic..
what's the difference between the one u went and private suite??
I always hear ppl saying got private suite..

jaslyn,
the one i went to is the general fertility clinic where a lot of pple queue up to see their gynae, but The Private Suite (TPS) is a more personalised place for patients to meet their gynae by appointment. It's decor is also like a hotel lounge, more comfortable also
happy.gif
I requested on a saturday so hubby can come, so they arrange me to meet at TPS (a bit more expensive but ok)

BTW any stay-at-home 1st time preggers with twins here? have been wanting to know more of such mummies cos stay at home alone in the day can really be boring...want to know if there are similar mum-to -be's too....

bb2609,
oic.. then like that better then rushing and wait so long..

u not working ah? thats gd..
my gynea say pregnant with twins must have alot of rest..
I am hoping for him to put me on bed rest cos now in 3rd trimester liao..
very tired and whole body ache..

Jaslyn: oh yah nearly forgot u r in 3rd trimester.. due in July right? about 3 months more to go... is the tummy already quite heavy?

Yup, i'm not working, but sometimes i wish i am cos staying at home can go crazy with boredom...must always think of stuff to do, quite stress also.. and i still got SIX months!!! wish time will speed up man...rather be busy with babies than nothing to do lor...heeee

bb2609
Take the time to go exercise etc now and pamper yourself!

I started my new job in March...and now am not sure about how long I can go on before I want to work from home, or if that will even be possible!! However, I don't think I can tahan not working either...for my 1st preg I stayed at home from Month 8 and was bored out of my mind
happy.gif
watched seasons 1-6 of Sex and the City at home on my fat lazy butt
happy.gif

Ava:
Yep I'm gonna check out Tampines pool today and hopefully get some sun+swimming!
happy.gif

Yup I guess there are pros and cons for working or not during preggie... I had tried working freelance at home, but funnily, ever since i'm preggie, I cannot focus/concentrate, and even feel very impatient working from home. Part of me would rather give birth, be done with it and start afresh in a new job rather than work+preggie. But another part wants to spend time more meaningfully with work... *sigh very contradicting...

MTBs of twins
Does your gynae see you every month or every two weeks? How much have you gained/did you gain in the first 6-18 weeks? I think my weight gain is only about 3-4 kg...

bb2609
yep.. in my 3rd trimester liao..
and due on 5th July..
but I think will be in mid june bah..
tummy very big ah..
all my maternity clothes cant wear liao..
must go buy new ones..
alot of ppl told me say must tell the sales ger we having twins.. so they will get bigger size..
I forgot so now must spend more $$..

true also..
sometimes at home nothing to do..
like when I m at home alone on sundays..
with no show to watch on tv..
very bored..

Ava
my gynea see me every 3 weeks..
for 1st trimester I din gain any weight..
in fact I lost weight..
from 2nd trimester to 3rd.. I gain 15kg..
so must control liao..
gynea say I over weight.. haiz..

Jaslyn
I was just at a maternity wear shop yesterday and was explaining that I will get very huge and so need larger sizes...the woman who obviously is not a good listener kept saying, no no, you must buy M size. I had to be firm and say, "YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND...I'M ONLY 4 MONTHS NOW...IMAGINE WHAT I WILL LOOK LIKE AT 7 MONTHS!" Sigh....!

At my yoga class, I was bigger than ladies who are in their 20+ week, and almost the same size as the lady who is in 31st week!!! Am only 17 weeks now
proud.gif

Ava:
I'm in graphic design previously
happy.gif

I'm scheduled to see Gynae initially 3 weeks apart, then 4 and now 6 weeks later... cannot tahan so long then scan, I missed seeing the twins4 so i'm going to a clinic outside to do a scan 3 weeks from now :p

Weight wise i'm 51kg b4 preggie, but now at 14weeks I'm already 55kg. I've always had high metabolism and skinny from young...so hope won't put on too much...but who knows!! *Arrrgghhh

bb2609
Hey, you need freelance work or not? I work in a creative agency. Not a designer myself, I run Business Devt and operations. sometimes we need freelancers
happy.gif

I know what u mean abt cannot wait to see babes again...sigh, am so impatient...waiting for my DS!

I wish I had lost more weight before getting pregs again...My healthy weight is 52-55kg, but before conceived, I was 63kg! SIGH!!!! NOw 66.

Hi Ava: no worries...i'm sure with arrival of twins you'll shed those kilos in no time!!! (everybody's saying we're gonna SUPER BUSY..)

I don't mind working freelance, but i'm sure your office (or most ad agencies) prefer freelancers to come into the office and work instead of from home rite...anyway i'm more experienced in FA (final artwork) and visualising (helping art directors do up visuals with photoshop from their scams). i dont mind coming in for 1-2 days occasionally if the location is not too far
happy.gif

Ava
yep.. must buy bigger size ah..
this kind of sale ger hor..
not gd..
my size is like full term now..
but only at 28 weeks lor..
cos we have twins mah.. hehe

I also over weight when I was preggy..
and I gain 15kg lor..so my gynea now say I over weight.. haiz..

bb2609
yep.. my hubby working on wkends..
part time.. so that got more $$ for bbs lor..

my own house is in punggol..
but cos now I cant do housework and need ppl to look after me..
I staying at my mum's place in Changi.. near loyang there..

I stay at Potong Pasir along Upp Serangoon Road.

I met my friend today for lunch and she is 35 weeks. we stood next to each other and asked our friends when they think I'm due. they said same time as my other friend....I said no, Sept! Then they were gasping in horror!

bb2609
Yeah, of course prefer freelancers to work from office lah...anyway...when any opp comes up, will see if you are in any mood to work
happy.gif

Ava
wah.. so serious ah..
like that ur tummy must be very big leh..

went for my growth scan for my girls on Mon..
the prof say they r small in size..
cos at 28 weeks they are 1.1kg and 1kg.. haiz

Jaslyn
Indeed!!! I'm gonna measure up against another friend later who's due end April and see how much smaller I am compared to her ...hehehe... here's a pic I took last week or week before of belly...am bigger now.

1359935.jpg

Ava
wow.. hehe
think different ppl different lor..
as long as bb is healthy can liao..
I dare not go measure my waist leh..
but I look at the side view in the mirror hor
almost cant recognise myself..

Hi everyone,

Just found out at six weeks that i'm expecting twins...and this is my second pregnancy. I'm a stay-at-home mum.Anyone having babies around the same time?

HI Smiley08
Think you are the most recent mom on this thread. some of us due July, some due Sept/Oct. Congrats! how big is your first child now? this is my second pregnancy too. my son is turning 4.

wello!! have all of you been good?
happy.gif

ehehehe. Ava, have you found out the gender of your twins? Who have found out?

do you still my gynae is able to know the gender at 4 months if the twins are in the right position? hehe. will be seeing him this coming thurs!

Thanks for the reply Ava and Jaslyn, my daughter will be turning four in Aug. Actually the twins were a big surprise as no one from both(my and his)side have any history of twins...
I feel overwhelmed and little nervous too! has anyone gone through the same feeling?

Hi Mrs H!
u will be able to know their gender if they open their legs.. hehe..
like one of my ger..
she open for me to see.. the other no lor until now.. I know I m having 2 gers is becos they r in the same placenta.. so they r identical twins...

smiley08
welcome!
my side only my dad's sis has twins..
so sort of not related..and all my cousins only gave birth to single bbs..
so I was also quite shock to know I m expecting twins.. hehe..

ur daughter turning 4..
I find that 4 yrs is a nice gap to have another bb..hehe

Jaslyn and everyone,

I am seeing Dr Kang Wee a KKH. Any feedback about the doc? Just met her once during the last visit and she seemed good.

smiley08
I seeing Dr AL Lim in TMC..
not sure about Dr Kang cos 1st pregnancy..
u never go back to the gynea whom u see for ur daughter..

smiley08
We have same age gap for our kids then! Twins was a surprise for us too, altho we'd joked about it
happy.gif
It doesn't run in our immeidate family..but I've found out since discovering the twins, that only fraternals are genetic and identicals -you don't need family history. For fraternals, the mum's side needs genetic history for the multiple ovulation, whereas for identicals, a major factor is the age of the mum...the older we are, the higher chance of having twins!

Nervous + excited is a combination of feelins that we've all experienced, I'd think....
happy.gif

Jaslyn,
My daughter was born outside of S'pore so the experience is new here.

Ava, thanks for sharing...this is where mother nature comes in :). How soon do you think we'll find out?
Nervous, excited and eager too!!

smiley08
Find out if identical or fraternal? my gynae told me ours are identical from 8 weeks. Cos in the same pregnancy sac.

Hi everyone,

Can I join in too? I am expecting twins and EDD is 28 Oct 08. My gynae yesterday did a scan for me during checkup and realize both might be princesses.
happy.gif
This is my 2nd pregnancy and my 1st is a boy... currently a SAHM.

smiley08
oic..
r u singaporean?

bb2609
added u in msn liao..
paiseh so long..
cos din check my email..
happy.gif

Welcome purebliss!!
^5! mine also both princesses due on 5th July..

Hi Jaslyn,

Woah! ^5! Congrates! Less than 2 mths you will be seeing your princesses. But honestly, not easy carrying twins... Are they Fraternal or Identical? Mine is Fraternal and funny thing is we are the first in the family tree who has twins. :p

Back