Toddlers who fall sick often

ciheal

Any mummies with toddlers who falls sick every month? My gal who is 2 and a half falls sick every month since she was 3 months old!
How to prevent them from falling sick like flu, fever, diarrhoea, endless list! Its always one after another! Should I be very worried and seek expertise help? The PD says its common. Any advice? Thanks!

hi, i heard lots of kids getting sick after starting childcare but i just dun understand why my gal never go childcare also every month sick! hiaks!

It's quite common, kids not only fall sick when they attend childcare. Sometimes, they get virus from shopping malls and other environment. Basically, their immune system is not fully developed yet.

My mom put some cordyceps into DD's porridge ocassionally - to boost her lungs. I serve DD Sambucol 2-3 times a week to boost up her immune system. When see that she's coming down with flu, then gave her stronger dosage. It's actually stop the cold/flu in developing further.

Yes, I agreed with Cher. My both son have attend to childcare. They also fall sick every month. Now I give them sambucol every morning. I realise they more better now, not so easy fall sick
happy.gif
If sick they also very fast get well
happy.gif

is sambucol suitable for babies as well? baby has been sick on and off eversince chinese new year. wondering if this will help strengthen his immune system. can this be taken when the child is sick?

my boy started falling sick when attend childcare at 18mth, until recently withdraw him out wen he's 2 yrs old. Sian...

Sambucol is available at Vitakids. I find that giving my daughter Childlife Colustrum (with Probiotics), Childlife Multivitamins and Nordic Naturals DHA since she's a bb is helpful. So far, only sick 2 times, now 18 mths.

i also given my gal colustrum & Nordic Naturals DHA cod liver oil is help to improve her immu system. u can try.

i give my girls monavie, it supposedly provides antioxidants and phytonutrients to build up your immune system and maintain good health

Hi,
My gal who is coming to 3YO next Feb also keeps falling sick! Aiyo, she can cough for 1 week, okay for 2 weeks, and start coughing again out of the blue.

I get so tired and sick as well, really pity her. We have a nebuliser at home whc she uses when she starts to wheeze.. and she hasnt started Childcare. I cant imagine her health when she really starts CC, whc shld be either next mth or come January.

Heard abt Sambucol for the longest time. Does it really help?

Pls advise. thanks.

my kids used to fall sick very often too! my advice ... bring them for TCM massage.

son used to be skinny since young, and got very sensitive nose, fall sick every month and immune system poor. started him with TCM massage since he was 2 yrs plus. condition improves, starting to put on weight about 1.5 yrs after i started him with the TCM massage. now he is in P1, eating well, growing well and fall sick less often. even if sick also recovers fast.

now my little 2 yrs plus, also bring her for the TCM massage.

believe me ... the TCM massage thing works miracle. i also see malays, indians and even angmohs bringing their kids for this TCM massage.

mommies out there, dnt hestitate anymore, if ur kids fall sick very often, bring them for TCM massage.

Hi KC,

I have been bringing my kids to the 'Yu Guo Chinese Physician Acupunture and Phyiotherapy', in Chinese 育国中医诊疗所. Address at 8-B Jalan Masjid #01-04 Kingston Terrace (near Kembangan MRT). Tel: 6447-4761.

They treat both adults and children. There are 3 physician (all Lady Physicians) treating kids, my kids have been seeing this 许珍育医师.

We all want our kids to grow well and healthy. :)

Hi kwok mama,

O, yes...Yu Guo.. I heard of it and went there went my kids cough is persistent.

But it is very far away from my house lor. THus cant go on regularly.

Thanks

Hi KC,

If you can afford, I think it's good to go on a regularly basis to at least build up your kid's immune system. I think it's worthwhile lor.

I know it's far, I myself is staying in Woodlands and travel there once a week for my little girls massage session. :)

My boy also fall sick almost every month ever since he started his nursery. I thought this is common to have cough and running nose.

I had tried to feed him fish oil but don't seems to work.

Do let me know if you have any recommendation to boost up his immune system and health.

Thanks

Hi,

My younger gal who has in childcare since last year dec till now, but she seldom falls sick. Not like her sister who almost every week sick. I let her take Mannabear from Mannatech brand. Both my gals take it for 1 month & their appetite improves & get healthy.

My younger gal is allergy to dairy products since born & she has been on isomil milk. Whenever she eats cream cake, pizza etc, she will have diarrhao & stomach upset.

But after she takes mannabear for 1 month, during her birthday celebration, we let her eat cake & pizza, she does not encounter any diarrhao & stomach upset. Now, we are very happy as when we want to eat pizza, she also can eat unlike last time we have to consider her problem.

If anyone interested to know more of this product, can pm me or email me @ [email protected] for more information.

My bb gal also keep falling sick since she is about 9months old. we went to this doc who prescribe a syrup for her that contains vit c and zinc. its suppose to booast her immune system. She dun catch flu bug that easily after taking the first bottle. I am feeding her the second bottle now.
I rather buy from a clinic than to go to GNC or watson to buy vitamin for kids.
i dun have the name of the vitamin now but maybe i will check and post it here.

Hi verluv,pls post the name of that vit c n zinc thst pd gives. i'd like to ask if my gp can sell to my child too. thanks

When a child grow older 6yrs & above, they will have better immune & not easily fall sick.
However, the most important thing is how fast can they recover. If they hv stronger body, they recover faster e.g a flu & cough can last from 1weeks or 1mth.
Therefore, it is good to consistently give multi Vit to bulit strong foundation till they old.

My 2 kids keep falling sick. They do not go cc but will hv flu n bad cough that lasts for almost 10 days, recover for less than 2 wks, catch virus n fall sick again. This vicious cycle keeps repeating since April.

Can any mummy advise what I shld do. Thk u!

How old is your 2kids? my child has similar prob since 2yr old till now. i did a reflect and think it could be that i seldom feed my child with vege and fruits unlike her first year. so, now i feed her dhatifen fm doc,redoxon vit c n zinc for kids,quail egg, double boil soup and reintroduce vege n fruits. i stop all vitagen. i earnestly hope my child can build back her health.

My elder one is 2yo n younger one is 1yo. My 2 started to fall sick quite frequently since they were few mths old. But it worsens these 2 mths. It's like every other wk.

Normally I'll add carrots n broccoli into their porridge. But I stop giving them fruits ever since they start to cough badly last mth.

Hi Peggy,
not to worry yet if it starts worsen only recently to every other week. you start to give warm water,warm soup and even double boil apple soup with meat bones or fish bones,meat. still can remedy fast.

Mine has been sick every two weeks for the past two years tgat i only recently start to realise multivit,warm drink,double soup,etc will help.

Hi babakba

Thks for sharing. Will start to boil soup for them.

Wish our kids will b strong n healthy soon.

Hi mummies,

Giving ur child soup is a very good choice.
Yes, its true they need water, but not too much a day too as its causes more air in their stomach. When they are having dinner, either rice or porrige, give them a bowl of soup instead of water, u actually find that they eat more.
This is taught by my baby doc, I did that for both my child since 6-mths when they start having solid. I gave them abt 30ml-60ml of water abt 30-mins later after meal.
During meal, I only gave them a bowl of soup instead.
Advoid too much yakult/vitagen/ribena as they causes alot of phelgm. U can give them just once a week will do.
Very simple soup is already very nutritious for them, boil them with pork bones, chicken neck, fish bones.
Pear tea with honey is good for cough.
Just boil water with some pear(SHUI LI) and add small pcs honey rock sugar for 30-mins, cool to warm n let them drink.
Only child after 1-yrs old can add honey, if bb is below 1-yrs old, just boil the pear for them to drink as fluid. 1-2 times a week is perfect.
Hopes these helps!!

I also heard that giving soup is good. HOwevr my gal is being taken care by my MIL. how do i ask my MIL to cook soup for my bb?

I give my children nutrition powder together with their milk to boost their immuse system. They will still fall sick sometimes but recover fast.

hi.it is soy n mix fruits powder beverage, a MLM product.
organic n taste good, they all like it.

I used to feed all kinds of supplement, tong cong cao to my kids, coz they were quite weak then got lots of allergy problems

but after i fed them these products, each with individual substance of High purity Oligopeptides & Oligosaccharides, their Eczema cleared off, immunity also improved. can say i cannot remember when they last fell sick.
happy.gif

My gal used to fall sick very often (flu and cough), I start giving her manuka honey UMF 5+ daily after she is 12 mths old(tiny spoon mixed with water) and a tiny spoonful of Virgin Coconut Oil in her porridge, it really boosts her immune system and seldom fall sick even others in the family falls sick. She is 17 months old.

Back