TOA PAYOH mummies

Hi Mummies

Some time back, someone posted a TCM recipe for removing phelgm. I tried looking for it but can't seem to find the post. Really appreciate if any mummy can help to post again or direct me to the page please. Thanks so much!

Hi All,

I am a SAHM to my 3 boys age 4yrs, 3yrs & 2mths. I hope to get more information on the school ard
TPY. As i m not familiar with tat area & my house will only be ready in 2012.

Thanks

Sunny, it's probably me. Use chuan bei fen, rock sugar, brown pear (the big brown ones) with the skin removed, nan bei xing powdered, 1 cup of water double boil to just half cup (approx 2-3 hrs). Alternatively, as Dor mentioned, Hou Ning from YRS but be warned, these are pretty ex.

Hou Ning should be suitable, you'll have to check with the people at Yu Ren Sheng. I think they'll ask you to split the bottle into a few times rather than taking an entire bottle. Is the phlegm quite bad? If it's early stages can start with Bao Ying Dan, cheaper than Hou Ning.

As for chuan bei fen, can be for babies. You can boil a cup and then give a few spoonfuls each time, say three times a day. Try for a day and see how it goes first. Some can get a reaction from TCM.

Hi Mummies,

Im new to this thread... Any good and reasonable PD / GP to recommend in TPY area? I stay in Lor 2... Read from the archive thread about Dr Chan & Dr CK Tan. May I ask for their clinic details? How about PDs? My daughter is due for her 5-in-1/Pneumococcal/Rotavirus jab next wk and not sure how much it usually costs and whether take it at GP or PD better? My daughter is coming 3mths old... thinking of switching PD. Any to recommend?

Mabel
My boy is 6mths old. He is now visiting Dr Jeremy Tan from Blk 211 Lor 8 Toa Payoh, Faith Clinic. He is a family doc.

For injections, GP or PD's prices are about the same.

For the 5-in-1 jab, I let my daughter (now she is 3.5yrs old) have this jab when she was 1yr old.

Hi Precious,

Thanks for your information.

Hi Mummies,

My 3mth old gal recently has bowel movements only every 7days. Any tips on increasing bowel movements?

Mabel, you can try diluted prune juice, just little sips of it or a few teaspoonfuls. You can also do "cycling" exercises for the baby - put her on the changing table/bed, lift her legs up a little and do "cycling in the air". For babies, irregular bowel movement is common esp if baby is being breastfed (my friend's baby went without bowel movement for more than 9 days). More importantly is that she is peeing at least 8 times a day, and that urine is relatively clear.

Hi Mable,
Welcome to this thread. Am putting up @ tpy lor. 2 as well...which blk r u staying? My gal visit GP when she's abt 6mths old and took her jabs @ GP Dr. CK Tan tell: 6251 4438 as well. I'll only bring her to see PD if there's really something serious otherwise GP is good enuf.
U can try tpy lor. 8 Polyclinic shld be cheaper book appt b4 you go as the waiting time is 'fantasic' hee!
Btw understand fm the staff @ Polyclinic, he mentioned for infant & tods regular body development chk like eye sight, etc. is FOC.

JFoo, Dor, thanks so much for the feedback. JFoo, you mentioned "nan bei xing powdered". What is that please?

Hou ning - read on the internet that this is monkey's bezoar - basically foreign material found in monkey's gastric tract.. safe a not for baby to consume? I dont mind consuming myself but worried about baby's ability to digest/discard.

Hi Mabel, as JFoo said, if breastfed baby, dont worry about the 7day poo thing. My girl went through that as well. Just watch out that when the poo comes it's not super hard cos this is a sign that baby is constipated.

Kokopooh - kiasuparents.com has a very comprehensive page on schools in TP. Must sign up to the website cos they have restricted access to the page recently. For childcare centres, if you read the archives for this thread, the mummies have inputted a lot.

Mabel
I do give Lactus syrup for my kids if they do have constipation. It is suitable for infant too. Can be purchased in Guardian, and it is very common syrup given by clinics/hospitals

Hi Mabel, welcome. I'm staying in Lor 4. For jabs .. my kids have all the jabs in the polyclinic. Surprisely, once you have made the appointment, the queue is fast , and waiting time is shorter than my wait time in the PD. Body checkup and eye screenings are done free too.

You can always visit a PD for special concerns.

mabel,
welcome to the thread. i find GP's cost for jabs a little cheaper than PD. my gal's PD is at blk 177, children's clinic. being a PD, her charges are higher compared to GPs. in fact just a couple of days ago i brought my gal to Y.S Teo clinic also at blk 177, he's GP and he was very patient especially in asking about my gal's medical history. can't tell if the medicine work cos i only gave her just now. but i've been to see him a few times and i find his medicine works for me.

re: bowel movement, is it hard? if so you can give your baby lactus syrup like what precious recommended. it's safe but you need to ask about the dosage for infants.

Mabel,
mine is 121....still trying to figure out where is 141 hee! Yeap, like what some mummies here commented cheaper to tk jabs fm polyclinic and GP compared to PD. I would be bring my gal to Polyclinic for body & eye screening.

Mabel
You can give a call to the Polyclinic, any GP and your PD on the prices about the jabs.

My son took his Rotavirus at his PD, each time is $85. Total 3x, $255
And his 5-in-1 is $360 (includes medicine for fever)

Hi Dor,

Your block is just diagonally opp Trevista rite?
Mine is just along the road towards PIE opp the Mobil Petrol Kiosk. Very near actually...

Finally I called the Polyclinic. 5-in-1 jab is $290.40 for the whole package of 4 jabs, Pneumococcal is $160 for 3 jabs, Rotavirus is $90 per dose (need 2dose). Luckily got the info from you all if not I would have went to my PD next week and the price is crazy!

Thanks!

Mabel
For polyclinic, once you make advance booking, then no need to wait too long. Try to book the appointment around 330pm-4pm, then not so packed too.

mabel,
yeap diagonally opp trevista.
You'd made some savings. For me am too lazy to bring her to polyclinic for jabs moreover is a follow-up thingy hee.

Precious,

Ya, the lady gave be a slot at 3:45, saw the Polyclinic website that 2plus onwards in the afternoon is also an off-peak hr haaa.

Dor,

The price difference too great lah.. my PD wants to charge me $115 per jab for the 5-in-1... vs the $290.. needless to say I took polyclinic.. hee

hey mummies!!! me bac too... : )

welcome to the new mummies... welcome bac to travelling mummies... envy to those going-to-travel mummies!! a surprise wedding has been sprung on us, so we will be making a trip to KL early apr for a few days. not bringing ger so it will be a rare chance for hubby and i to travel alone, the last time being 3 years ago! hehe... any recommendations for mid range hotels in KL?

dolphin... i went cameron 2-3 years ago, din like it leh. the road was way too winding, very scary esp i get severe carsick. then cos we went over the weekends or some holidays, the place was so packed, our bus could not park for us to alight to visit some locations, and we were stuck in jams all the time. but i do agree the strawberry jams tasted really nice! and they have this very special fruit - apple guava, very yummy!

re jabs @ polyclinics : with an appt, the Q is very fast cos even if others come before you, they will still allow you in. but dun expect too much of "service" like PD lor. the nurses are nice, but they do hv a Q to attend to! plus, some jabs are actually free. cant rem which ones liao. but my ger took package at PD last time, but one last jab i went polyclinic and the nurse told me its free.

janice/stylobb... wah, your kiddos v fashionista leh, like sch cos of the uniform! hehe... last time sec sch i oso choose that i like the uniform! ha!

are,
you can check out www.asiatravel.com for hotels in KL. their rates are not bad. i usually stay at a budget hotel called chinatown inn 2. RM90/night, cheap cheap and within chinatown, very near my favourite KL hokkien mee. but being a budget hotel there's no fancy or luxurious feel to the rooms but it's clean except that there is a stale cigarette smell in every room becos they dun have non-smoking rooms. re: mid-range hotels, i've stayed in the royal bintang, radius int'l hotel and swiss garden hotel, all not bad for me. if you want to go shopping then stay around bukit bintang.

Dor,

is ur gal attending 2nd session in Ascension? I saw a gal who looks like her with the name tag - C Ng. Is she ur daughter? An elderly man came & fetch her in a mpv.. Tat little gal is very pretty..

Hi Christine,
Yeap she's attending p.m. session and her ah gong ferry her to and fro hee! but coming 1 Mar she's back to taking sch bus again sigh!

hi sunny,

not too sure... cos the jabs will be administered by the nurse not the doc, But since its my first time there, the doc will see me, and at the same time do the body check up.

char... thanx for the tips! now gotta wait for my frens to see wat they wan. not so keen to splurge since we will be using the room to sleep oni. maybe wun hv a lot of time for shopping, things arent exactly tat cheap in KL either. probably more eating than shopping ba! hehe... so long nvr go KL liao, all changed until we sure get lost one. ha!

dor... err... mian qiang can say 3rd ba. we did go on a jpn trip when hubby went for training 2 yrs bac. basically i go out during the day and jalan & get lost alone while they go for training! hehe... then tis time is with other frens... but not complaining cos i would not hv agree to travel alone otherwise so shall take it as a "gift"! :p

Wah, so many posting so fast...

Talking abt PDs, just want to share during the recent trip to the PD, I discovered that the paracetamol that I've got from KK, is the diluted version, hence I had to feed 5ml. As compared to the paracetamol given by PD, it's concentrated, so feed only 2.5ml.

I didnt know there are diluted versions, coz I told my PD, I overfed my child with 5ml, which I bought from KK and then he assured me later that the dosage is correct, as it's diluted version.

So just to share.

Janice, I do agree, some parents are complaining abt the hostile administrator at the school, particularly that lady who attends to all enquiries. I think someone MUST email them to give feedback abt it.

Now the N1s are brought to the hall to join in the assembly. Dor, havent been able to identify your gal yet, coz all look so alike! hee hee..

thanks mummies for the feedback on HK n cameron island. now in dilemna... to drive up to cameron or to take a coach up? sigh.. any good suggestions?

stylobb,
wow u all so adventurous?drive up there.. ur hb will drive all the way?he can tahan?can share ur experience?coz my hb has never driven such long distance... hence nt sure if he can handle..

oh mummies, any good recommendations on aircon service??my aircon is leaking.. haiz.. trying to get someone to fix it..

tks precious for sharing the childcare at kim keat area... will check it out..

btw any mummies sent their children to prime gymnastic at lor 7??next to blk 18?can share ur experience?

galdolphin, my daughter goes to Prime, have been there for about a year. She enjoys it. Will probably be sending my son there also, but timing at the moment not suitable (weekday classes for his age are either in the morning, when he's in school, or mid afternoon, his nap time).

You can try this guy for air-con, think he does servicing too. Sam 93374214. He converses better in mandarin.

hi all mummies!im back!actually back sat,but my mum came back with me and enjoy her holiday here for 1 week,so i got no time to login here...
i do enjoy myself vy much during cny period...coz no need work for 2 weeks ma,but also suffer coz hv to tk care my boy alone...my mum do help la,but coz hubby not around,so no one tk turn to tk care my boy...
sad.gif

My boy fall sick second week le.fever,and now he got a bad cough!alot of phlegm!sometime drink milk half way cough till his tear also came out!and whole face turn to red le!so heart pain!
I brought him see dr and gv those standard med in red colour one,no use le,then went see dr 2nd time,gv white colour one,still same!so end up i bought him to see Ma Kuang,see chinese dc,tk 2nd day,seems got beeter improverment lo..atleast drink milk not cough so badly...sigh!thk need few weeks to recover?

Btw,just wonder any mummies got walker to gv away or sell me in cheap price?i don mind old old type but of coz functionable la..as just need let him sit in to feed him porridge..as he like to move here and there...nanny side need one,my hse only got one ma..
pls adv ig u gals got any lubang....else i can exchange mine stroller(Ace Baby Brand) with walker,as i got spare one,but thk no need 2 of it.
Thx to all mummies 1st~!:p

Dear Mummies,

After a few years of being a SAHM (Stay At Home Mom), I've decided to rejoin the economic force.

I've opted to join ERA as a property agent, hence this way I can manage my time better, and also to spend quality time with my two children.

If you have any property related questions and doubts, I'm pleased to assist you to answer them.

Feel free to email me ([email protected]) or SMS me (65-9060 7999)

happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif

Nnewmummy08,
Welcome back and sorry to hear tat ur son is not feeling well. hope he get well soon.
Jus wondering how your previous nanny feed him w/out walker or she has one @ home. Could try distracting him wif toys or books while feeding. I'd seen nanny and grandma strap the child on the pram or stroller while feeding. Perhaps cld ask ur nanny to try since u'd got an extra one.

Precious,
Good luck to your new challenge
happy.gif
I'd got a fren looking for recruits in the same field if u r keen lemme noe.

Ryes,
Your gal so cute prefers to wear her uniform instd of home clothes to school on her BD celebration.
I think my gal will be very happy not wearing uniform to school coz tat makes her think tat she doesnt needs to attend sch on this day hahaha!
Looking forward to the pix u took
happy.gif

Hi Dor~!Thx for the concern~!My boy oday just spit out all milk he drank!so scary and is 1st time i saw him like this...so worry le!!!but my mum and nanny said is due to mayb stomach got flu,not so big deal,shall monitor him again lo..
sad.gif

Regarding the walker,actually i did suggest to her use pram as i will leave it at her hse once every am i sent him to nanny hse. What she suggest is actually let him walk walk,else always crawl here and there abit sian for him...she is good and vy concern my boy....
just tat if got spare one,i don mind gv her to let my boy siton the walker walk walk lo...
but not thk to get new one as walker just a while only then cant use liao as kid learn walk vy fast ba...:p

newmummy08,
Is quite common for tods to throw out milk it cld be due to stomach flu or phlegm. happened to my gal b4.

ya..i just chk with my frens too, so if he not throw out anymore,then i will feel release then...pheww~!:p

Thx dor for ur adv~!

So,btw,do u thk i shall get one walker for nanny or not?

Hi mummies!!

Been some time since I pop by.. Not sure if anyone still remembers me..

May I know if any mummy put their kids at ykidz at lorong 6?
Would like to know more about the environment and school fees.. Any comments?

Hi Mummies

Any good confinement lady to recommend?
My girlfriend is due in April, and she is urgently looking for one who is reliable, good with babies, many years of experiences.

Just to share, here's my gal's bday cake from Polar. I would recommend it if you are interested to get cute cartoon characters for your kid. The layer is made of chocolate and doesnt crack when you insert the candle into it.
It is very sharp also and I really like it. I'm a big hello kitty fan too.

3686924.jpg

And this is another cake from Prima Deli. The cake taste nice, BUT the design I feel so so. They also printed on chocolate, but hor, the chocolate will crack when you insert the candle in. There is a layer of light agar on it too and the photo printed isn't sharp. Can do lah.
3686925.jpg

There's another cake which I've yet to get the photos from my mum's camera, will share with all when done.

Dor, so qiao to meet you on that day. Have sent the photos to your hotmail, see if you received. Internet having problem..

newmummy,
it's quite common to throw up milk when sick. it happens to my gal especially when she has phlegm.
happy.gif

rainbowbabyz,
welcome back.

dor,
may i ask you how much do you pay for your gal's school bus per mth?

Babyrainbowz, my son's in YKids, been there since Oct/Nov last year. Fees for 4 hour programme is $440pm (if I don't remember wrongly), can't use CDA cos the school runs enrichment on Sat so they're registered as enrichment centre. 2 hour programme is around $250pm I think. Environment is quite alright, only thing is they don't have their own toilet so it's shared with the HSR people. The teachers will bring the kids on a toilet break after their snack time. I know of some who bring their own potties and leave it in the store. Teachers wise, generally quite young but ok. Yu Kai (the principal) is fantastic but she goes around teaching various groups, ie she doesn't stay put with a particular class. For young ones I think it's sufficient but I think for K1 and 2 level, in view of preparing for primary school, don't think they are ready to handle.

newmummy08,
me too put my gal in walker to feed hee! so i guess maybe u shld consider.

Any mummies here have better ideas to share?

Ryes,
I got your email but cant open the pix not sure y.
The same day i went to Prima Deli @ Novena, as well as, Polar to chk out the cake design. Finally i settled for Polar Hello Kitty (strawberry flavour) but diff pix.

Char,
The bus driver charge me $90 for 2 trips and $80 for single trip. I guess the rates depend very much on which bus driver u get hee! Coz Ryes' charges are cheaper then mine.
R u planning to put your gal @ Ascension? My personal experience I feel aftnn session is better for mummy and child. However, if your gal is not those 'hard to handle' type then i guess either session is fine
happy.gif

thanks Jfoo for the infor on gym n aircon. =)

btw any mummies sent ur kiddos to bright tot campus before?can comment?thanks ya..

Ryes,
the cakes looks lovely!!! is it yummy too? =)

newmummy,
pm me if u still keen on the walker. =)

precious,
glad u r back to workforce.. i'm tinking of returning back to workforce too... mabe start working with part time.. still looking ard.. =)

Hey Dor,Thx for the adv..i was thk same way too shd get one for nanny lo...but bb grow quite fats le,ahile only cant use liao the walker..

hey Char,thx for the info too...my boy today again..throw out milk again,,and it just only happen every morning only le...
sad.gif

Hey dor,

Is there strawberry flavour? I tot is only vanilla or chocolate is it? or did I remember wrongly. But I will deinitely order again, it's worth the price for the design, cheap and nice.
Not getting ur little twinstars?

Dolphingal, it doesnt taste as yummy as prima deli's cake, but is nicer and prettier..

And dor, my sch bus more ex than urs, coz my place is out of the way.

single $80, double $120.

Single is really bo hua for me, coz i opt not to have my gal send to void deck, I wait for her at the shuang lin temple busstop and she is the 2nd to alight only.

Ryes,
Yeap 3 flavors: vani, choc and straw. My gal dun noe abt Twinstars hence i find no meaning to get her tat design even thou i like Twinstars hee!

Back