TOA PAYOH mummies

oh, there's another popular ccc at HDB hub, 3rd floor. the lift is near popular that side. it has student care services too.. so i find it very crowded.. kinderland at safra is alrite but out of the way.. if u r walking, np..

other than these few places near central, u can consider novena or bishan..

hi juliana,

i also felt that the center is somewhat dark when i first visited, but that was when class is over

on the 2nd visit, i feedback to the teacher abt the darkness and they explained they switched off partial of the lighting and brought me to the classroom with all the lighting turned on, it's quite bright actually.

the only downside is that the center is a bit small, and it was quite cramp during their morning assembly with abt 50kids around. but starting this year, they had split them into 2 sessions, so there's more space for the children

Jus visited Young Talent & Zong Chong (in Hokkien HuiGuan) this Morning. Nothing much to comment on both centre trs are quite friendly and helpful as well. Environment wise still acceptable. Droped by Jessin but the staff sd I gotta go blk 85B instd, too lazy to walk hence hit straight to werk. Most prob i'll drop by Q-Dee and chk it out sometime nxt wk.

Precious, i heard lots of stories about maid too fm colleagues & frenz their feedback are to look for myanmmar (more ex) and indonesian (christian) domestic helper. I also dun like the idea of live-in maid however looking at cost saving is advisable.

Dor
My hb insisted to hire. Will visit a few maid agencies before we make the final decision. Btw, I heard Jessin is quite a good sch, long waiting list.

Juliana
Yes, she really enjoys the new sch. Teachers said she is very well-behaved girl.
Every morning will ask me what time go to sch, keke!

juliana, i was very late these 2 days actually.. cos rasheed likes to dilly dally.. usually i drop him ard 8am or 8.05 shld be latest. my ofc hrs is 830 to 530 but i'm late everyday.. haha.. nadya came in after me today. is she in K2 this yr? she was in N1 last yr.

i also have not met the new trs for rasheed. tr sutha.. oni my hubby met her. he'll pick rasheed earlier. gymkids is very fun.. rasheed loves it.. a lot of kids took up Eng speech & drama so u can consider that. rasheed stimes cant sleep during nap too n gets cranky.. if very tired, he'll knock out on the way home or after shower.

i agree maid is heng/suai.. and most impt, she must be honest n take good care of kids.. hse work else, u must learn to close an eye..

hi all , my son will turn 30months this feb , so last year June , i went to the PAP to register , they told me cant register then , ask me to do it on Jan 2009 , and pass me a form . So On Jan i call , they told me FULL liao ! and ask me to wait for april class ( not confirm ) . I would liek to check with all mummies , PAP issit always have to wait ? thank ~

Hey workio and dor, so qiao!!! My girl also turning 2 in March! So we are all actually march mums 07!!!

White_lady
I registered my girl last yr July 2008 (at that point she was 25mths) for Jan 2009 class (she is now 30mths) when there was an opening (you will see the big banner around the PCF blocks of the registration date).
Did you still remember the person you had talked to? Maybe look for MP if it is unsolved.

Dor, the Royal Carribean cruise I took didn't serve porridge...maybe it's because they were serving Europe...but they did have rice (though not to my liking, tasted to ang moh!). May be slightly different cos this particular one you're taking is serving Asia.

miin

heheh also not sure. but i am staying at 79.
happy.gif
hmmm, still not sure about the ntuc ccc that you are talking about... am a bit lost as to the location of things here as this is my first time staying in this area.... my dad is more familiar as this was his childhood huant. hahah lived all my life in the city area.

Notice that quite alot of mums talking abt Q-Dees at Lor 1 , my son is 2.5 years old , is there classes for him ? anyone know how much ? thank !

hi white lady,

there's an EDP (Early Discovery Program) class for children turning 3 this year.

Lesson is from 8:30 - 11:30 am. $350 per month, with 1 snack provided.

hi white lady,

there's an EDP (Early Discovery Program) class for children turning 3 this year.

Lesson is from 8:30 - 11:30 am. $350 per month, with 1 snack provided.

elijah, if u know where's the library, there's an open carpark behind. NTUC is on the other side of the open carpark. NTUC CCC is above it.

ya it can be a little confusing as there r 2 NTUCs. Anyway Tpy is not very big so u'll figure out soon..
happy.gif

Hi rkjk, I've ordered Letter Factory for you. It's $17 excl postage. She may be able to deliver this weekend (which means no need to pay postage), she'll confirm with me. I'll let you know once everything is finalised, then probably meet you somewhere to pass to you.

At last, all the weddings that I need to play for (at least for now) are over! Each of them have been so special in so many different ways. And in all of them I've shed a tear or two, or many many. Haha!

white lady,

ratio is 1 : 8. I sent my son when he just turn 2 as he is a year end baby, so it should be fine for yours. Of course, they will shed some tears during the 1st-2nd week due to separatiion anxiety, but this will go away after some time.

my bb's tr told me today mediacorp will be going to shoot the newly renovated NTUC ccc at central.. tomorrow got MP there.. so asked for nice clothings for the babies.. watch out for the news.. not sure if it'll be telecast.. :p

hi mummies,
i've been mia for quite a while.

welcome to the thread to all the new mummies.

miin,
u settled down in your new plc liao?

elijah,
i'm also staying in 79a! i'm on the 24th floor, wat about u? me also sahm. my gal turns 2yo this mar.

i'm also looking around for PG for my gal but i've a budget. so am looking at appletree or teddy's playgroup. any other input on other PGs in TPY?

char, so desneh.. u r the one in blk 79.. haha..

my reno finishing these 2 weeks.. thot after cny initially... shld be able to make it now.. suddenly very rush lor.. preparing for the move.. plus mil coming to visit next fri.. aiyo, must setup the plc b4 she arrives leh.. luckily i can leave a lot of things still at my parents' plc so just move the essentials over first..

char

am on the 36 floor
happy.gif
am also a sahm while waiting for no.2 to pop.
happy.gif
may go back to work after confinement if finances dictate so. oh my boy is coming 1 this feb. heheh he is a leap year baby.

miin

thanks for the directions. will try to look out for that ntuc.
happy.gif

miin,
can imagine how terrible it is to move house and rush to have everything in place with 2kids. i have 1kid and already i was complaining.

elijah,
ic ic. eh, can meet up one day loh. next time i see a little boy with a mummy who is about to pop, i hope to stop and say hi.....if i have the guts to do so, scared to call wrong person. when r u due anyway?

char

sure! will be due in late june. :p hahha yaps but for now if you see someone who is bringing a boy that looks like a gal in a graco carseat pram you will know its me.

Pauline, you're at Lor 5? Me too! That makes 3 of us at Lor 5 cos Precious is at Lor 5 too. My son's just turned 2, may put him in a playgroup of some sort by mid year...probably a montessori. Older daughter is in K2 this year @ Singapore Montessori Kindergarten (Upper Thomson). By the way, which block are you at?

char

sure! will be due in late june. :p hahha yaps but for now if you see someone who is bringing a boy that looks like a gal in a graco carseat pram you will know its me.

elijah,
kk, when u see someone with a toddler gal with very little hair and who looks like a boy then its me.
happy.gif

precious,
so sad....was asking u if u are feeling better but no reply from u. :p are u pass your 1st trimester? it's horrible to exp bad nausea, as if the labour pain isn't enof.
happy.gif

hey Precious, great... we are neighbours then...
happy.gif
we should meet someday
happy.gif
even just to say hi! hehehe and have our kids play together... my son is now 36mths old ;)

mummies this site is fun.. http://www.photofunia.com/

char, moving bit by bit.. for now, just for cny n mil's arrival, i'm moving the essentials.. the rest will be after cny.. clash with cny really no joke..

j foo, in the end i chose the contractor recommended by Mr Chang. I think they work together. Jeffrey Tan. u koe him? he cant remember u cos i dunno ur blk no.. hehe

shall we do a consolidating list so we koe who's staying where.. our tpy mummies is really expanding..
happy.gif

Lor 1/2
1) Miin - Blk 116
2)
3)

Lor 5
1)
2)
3)

Central
1)
2)
3)

Lor 7
1)
2)
3)

Lor 8
1)
2)
3)

Whampoa/Balestier
1)
2)
3)

started by miin

shall we do a consolidating list so we koe who's staying where.. our tpy mummies is really expanding.. :)

Lor 1/2
1) Miin - Blk 116
2)
3)

Lor 5
1)
2)
3)

Central
1) elijah'smummy (jasminechenx)-blk 79A
2)
3)

Lor 7
1)
2)
3)

Lor 8
1)
2)
3)

Whampoa/Balestier
1)
2)
3)

hihi

started by miin

shall we do a consolidating list so we koe who's staying where.. our tpy mummies is really expanding.. :)

Lor 1/2
1) Miin - Blk 116
2)cutie-blk 236
3)

Lor 5
1)
2)
3)

Central
2)
3)

Lor 7
1)
2)
3)

Lor 8
1)
2)
3)

Whampoa/Balestier
1)
2)
3)

UHU! Mummies,
Am back fm cruise. Wow! I mus say bringing little Chloe up the Cruise was really very challenging. This trip was really a good werk-out for me and hb. She's really excited as if charged wif everlasting battery never gets tired my god! Luckily she's able to sleep thru but meal was a prob she onie drunk milk & eat bread.
Jfoo, this cruise does serve Asian cusine, porridge was served during breakfast and lunch onie. Generally the staffs are friendly and helpful too. Food was so-so mainly catered for Ang-mos taste. Hee! I'll try to upload some pix lata.
I actually missed u gals when am onboard ;)

hi pooh.. sure.. ytf is really affected by the duckie stall.. last time they close by noon.. now they have to open until evening..

started by miin

Lor 1/2
1) Miin - Blk 116
2)cutie-blk 236
3) Dor - Blk 121

Lor 5
1)
2)
3)

Central
2)
3)

Lor 7
1)
2)
3)

Lor 8
1) Dor - Blk 215 (mom's plc)
2)
3)

Whampoa/Balestier
1)
2)
3)

welcome back Dor! ke lian ar Chloe.. oni bread n milk.. shld train her ang moh food mah.. haha..
upload pics to show us ya..

Lor 1/2
1) Miin - Blk 116
2)cutie-blk 236
3) Dor - Blk 121

Lor 5
1) Joyce - Blk 50
2)
3)

Central
2)
3)

Lor 7
1)
2)
3)

Lor 8
1) Dor - Blk 215 (mom's plc)
2)
3)

Whampoa/Balestier
1)
2)
3)

I like the YTF too! It's the one near Braddell right? Newly renovated one. I'm a foodie person so TPY suits me! It's so amazing to have such nice food in every lorong!! There's bao @ the market of lor 2, curry puff at lor 6, kway chap @ lor 4, rojak @ central. They may not be the best of the best but they are some of the best
happy.gif

And welcome back on land Dor!

Miin, don't know this Jeffery guy. Mr Chang was the one overseeing the work done at my place. I'm not surprised he can't recall who I am, only did a "small job" for me. He couldn't recall my friend, who first recommended him to me either. Hope this Jeffery does a good job.

Char
Much better as compared 2 weeks ago though I'm still behaving like a merlion. Apologies that I missed your post, some parents like the idea to find a preschool which provides up to K2 programs so that the children don't have to adapt to new environment. I'm coming to 12wks.

PW
From your blog, your son looks so familiar. I have actually seen him many times at the playground and inside the lift... keke! My girl is 31mths.

Dor
Welcome back!

Miin
Where would you be moving to?

Back