To be Father enquiries

paranomic

Hi,

I hope someone would be able to shed some light on my queries. Thanks and appreciated.

1) My wife is a foreigner and is expecting, I am a true blue SG citizen. Currently I just brought her to a polyclinic for consultation for pregnancy today 8-May, the charges was exorbitant high. We got a referral to KK hospital for her first check up. Now the question is since the child would be registered as a SG citizen on birth here, for the delivery am I able to use my medisave account when I visit KKH and subsequent delivery charges?

2) Both of us will be registering for ROM on the 3-June this year. Can those charges be back dated to if medisave is allowed?

Thanks again. :)

Cheers.

Thanks DoubleQ,

I think I have raised the question wrongly. I should have written as am I eligible for the local subsidized rate for my child delivery?

Thanks for the info though.

I had just called up and spoke to the MOH officer, they had confirmed that there is no local subsidize even if the child is registered as a SG citizen as the mother is a foreigner.

:(

Thanks DoubleQ,

I think I have raised the question wrongly. I should have written as am I eligible for the local subsidized rate for my child delivery?

Thanks for the info though.

I had just called up and spoke to the MOH officer, they had confirmed that there is no local subsidize even if the child is registered as a SG citizen as the mother is a foreigner.

:(
OMG! even the daddy is SG/PR? that's bad... :(

OMG! even the daddy is SG/PR? that's bad... :(

Yah, thats rite, am a local, since my parents and grandparents.. sad to learn of this.

I am comparing that, my friend whom is a PR, and wife is a PR are eligible for PR subsidized rate as informed my MOH. They are not registering their child as a local citizen.

YET, for my case, I am a SG citizen and my wife is a foreigner are charged as foreigner rate and I am registering
my child as a SG.. am quite sad to hear such a loop hole in that.

Go to MP to get advise from them...
after the bb is born hopefully can get all the bb bonus n all benefits...Gd luck...

Oh Ya.. True..

I have two different friend scenario,

1. SG married FW, pay FW cost till FW manage to get PR. But their child are now under SG cost maybe because wife get the PR before giving birth. Because they get marry first, apply for PR then expecting.

2. husband and wife PR, 1st child manage to get PR also and subsidised. 2nd child for many years didn't get PR approved and have to pay FW rate. They even keep on going down to MP and other association to ask for help but till date no help and they need to fork out FW cost for the 2nd.

You can try get your MP advice on this.. Hope they can shed some lights and lessen your burden..

Thanks DoubleQ and Radish1.

However, decided not to visit the MP, cos outcome usually they will said like follow the policies.. whatsoever.
Quite challenging..cos they will said that if you have any financial issues then visit the social services for aid and then another round of hectics physical and brain exhaustion which I believe is quite damaging for myself and my expecting wife.

Will try to save hard before the delivery..

Felt so sore after learning all these. Should have read up and clarify with MOH before expecting..My wishful thinking on me being a local and the coming child being a SG citizen and not enjoying a single cent of benefits for pre and delivery charges.

oh dear...maybe try to get ur wife PR soon?

not sure which country r u from, can try M'sia? should be cheaper?

agree no need to go see MP cos they can't change policy overnight too. no need to stress urself and wife over this.

Thanks DoubleQ and Radish1.

However, decided not to visit the MP, cos outcome usually they will said like follow the policies.. whatsoever.
Quite challenging..cos they will said that if you have any financial issues then visit the social services for aid and then another round of hectics physical and brain exhaustion which I believe is quite damaging for myself and my expecting wife.

Will try to save hard before the delivery..

Felt so sore after learning all these. Should have read up and clarify with MOH before expecting..My wishful thinking on me being a local and the coming child being a SG citizen and not enjoying a single cent of benefits for pre and delivery charges.
Ya, Social worker can only help in sense if you are SG/PR. Most of it focus on local instead of outsider. I've tried seeing area social worker, first consultation was all about we sharing with them then they will guide what we need to do blah3.. then month later they will contact again to see what is our status blah3.. they don't really help much, but to listen to our stress and give us the contact.
Heart pain!

My wife is a foreigner too. Initially, I tot of approaching gov hospital. However, after some research on billing charges, i decided to go private. Some gov hospital charge more then private or at the end of the day, is like going to private.

The billing for labor based on the mother itself. If citizen/PR, they will bill accordingly with sub. If not, foreigner rate.
The only same thing is, you can use CPF.

On top of that, there is another $900 that you can claim using CPF when your child is delivered.

Lastly, if you want to approach MPs/Social welfare, you need to look into your monthly income first. Anyway, this is unlikely to approve.

Back