Tiong baru/telok blangah/bt merah 2006-2007 babies n mummies

hey mummies, know of any chinese enrichment classes suitable for 2-3 yr old to attend? i m looking for a mandarin class for him.

gelato: Actually my son's condition has been better. Now he probably only throws up up to 2x a week. He hardly throws up at his bb-sitter's plc (according to the bb-sitter). Read that Singulair helps more in coughs and flu, so i'm not sure if it is the right remedy for him. And yes, the speech therapist taught us to massage his upper lip to loosen his msucle there in order to get him to learn to bite and chew. Lately he has stopped taking the ball biscuits and is back to his swallowing regime again... Sigh. But to my hubby and me, the topmost concern for us now is that he could at least retain his food.

Went to Yu Guo TCM at Kembanagan and guess what? The physician we saw recommended us to put him through a series of accu-massage therapy which i'm not sure if it is suitable for small kids like my son and also whether it will help. It is also pretty costly - $20 per session for half an hr massage.

Ariel & lincray:tks for the interestng session today.lincray u should hv taobao n eat just now ma ......nic emeeting u ladies n let's meet up for coffee soon la
happy.gif

Weishy and Kileina - Thks for coming to my place yesterday for the photoshoot! Btw, my hubby has finished editing 2 of the pics, I will send you the pic soon
happy.gif

Weishy - let us know once you give birth, we'll catch up with you after that :D

Kileina - all the best for you returning to your work after maternity leave tomorrow. May you be able to find time to express
happy.gif

Hey ariel / weishy, it was really fun on Saturday (although my tummy was growling at the end ;)). Hehe, weishy, i thought i can tahan mah...

Ariel, your hubby is very pro leh! You're so fortunate to have an in-house photographer
happy.gif

weishy, you're really photogenic i must say! Poor thing you had to tahan thru the shoot with your 37th wk tummy... But you're very gung ho leh.

Really glad to know both of you and your lovely gals as well. They inspire me to think about trying for a 3rd one, haha... ;)

Ariel~sure sure we can after i popped kekkekek .think i will sneak out without bb kakakkak :p *evil*

lincray:think the tahaning is oki le :p .iot was fun for me
happy.gif

3rd one...erm......wanna make sure its a girl first ??????if u hv 3 bboys hor...cannot imagine le..

weishy, you're very cute leh. how can you make sure it is a girl first? maybe you or those mummies who have gals can share with me your formula? it greatly depends on the female sperms isn't it? female sperms generally swim slower than male sperms leh... unless there is a way to inc the speed of the female sperm, kekeke... a bit "blue" here hor...

but i hv one friend who took a prescribed drug to inc the chances of having a gal and she indeed just gave birth to one. we were telling each other that we hope to get a gal for our 2nd one and i "lost"
sad.gif
anyone heard of such drug before?

Weishy, Lincray, I also want a girl for the next one leh. Very scared the 3rd one another boy.... headache! I also heard there are doctors who can manipulate the genders but I don't know how accurate.

Btw, any of you here sending their children to Arts Kidz at Tiong Bahru CC? I'm going to send my boy there in September. Brought him there today to enrol and he seemed v excited. Any comments about the school?

Hi Leeds and MLB,

I have decided to start my gal in Arts Kidz Sept instead of 2010 Jan.
happy.gif

Hi Leeds,

Will u be there on 7 Sept to orientate with ur boy? I will be and hope to see you there!

I will be bringing her to the school next week to finish some registration and for uniform fittings.

Hi Cloubhappy,

I'm still deciding if I should start with the holiday programme, that is on the 7th or 1 week later on the 14th which is normal activities. The holiday programme is a bit costly I thought and that means he won't be starting school on normal routines, which may make it difficult for him to adjust the next week when I'm not there? What are your thoughts? So you are starting her on 7th? How old is your girl?

Hi Mummies, just saw this thread. We also live near tiong bahru. I also enrolled my tod in ArtsKidz. I did not know there is an orientation tomorrow? I was just informed that next term will start on 17th, not sure until when is next term. I really like the school, although bit pricey but when we went their my son very happy so we've decided to enrol him there. How old are your kids whom you entrolled there?

Hi mumbebes,

no not tomorrow, we are talking about 7th september. It's the time when we start school, parents can be present to help the child adjust to the surrounding etc. Its not formal orientation. So when are you starting? My boy has just turned 3 in July so he'll going into Little Picasso group.

hi.. seee a few new mummies here.. welcome!
R U all talking abt the artz kids at tiong bahru plaza? last week i was there and spoke to a staff, and he told me i can bring my child there for a "free assessment" . I think its like a free trial whereby they will let the kid try out some art activities

Bethesda kindergarten
have anyone heard of bethesda kindergarten? I am interested in them and want to visit them to take a look. thinking of switching my son there to study.

ariel weishy and lincray
wow u all must had fun at the photo session! ariel, next time if i preggy with #3, can take for me also? heehe.. but like many mummies here, i hope to have a girl girl for #3, if get a boy again, faint!

Lincray - Thks for your compliment on hubby, his photos will be on exhibition on at The Cathay (doby Ghaut) from 12th Aug for 2 weeks. I like your eye makeup too, very nice!

Trying for girls - i heard fr my colleague that one of the advice is to "try" in the early hrs of the morning like 1am. But no scientific proof, though she claims it work on some of her friends.

Esther - let me know when you expecting the 3rd one, we can arrange photoshoot for you ;-)

Your boy looks like having a good time! Did you bring baby too? I like the new swimming pool at the zoo, the design is nice and got alot of different activities for the kids.

Hi Leeds and Mumbebes

My gal will be starting school on 7 Sept. She is turning 3 yrs old this november.

I just brought her to the school to complete some registration as well as uniform fittings. So exciting..
happy.gif
She likes the school and is able to join the rest of the kids at play although she will look for me at times.

Will both of you be there on 7 Sept? Hope to meet you ladies!

Hi Cloubhappy,

I think I'll start my boy on the 7th as well then. So I'll be seeing you and your girl there then!
happy.gif
How long are you planning to stay with her at the school for? Are you taking the school bus also? Yeah yeah I'm very excited also. The school looks like a lot of fun. The violin class really sold it for me! hahah...

Hi ester,

arts kidz is not in tiong bahru plaza, its at the community centre, not sure if its the same one we are talking about? Which cc/ school are you putting your son in at the mo?

btw, your boy very daring to sit on the horse himself. My boy refused to!

Hi leeds,

My gal will be taking one way school bus home after school. My hubby will fetch her to school in the morning. How abt u?

I plan to stay with her throughout on the 1st day to get a feel of the class routine. And then try to stay away on the 2nd day after 1 or 2 hrs and see if she is fine. I am very scare that she may cry or be very upset when she can't see me. I think i will be very heartpain. So i am playing by the ear and monitor how.. guess i must try not to be too soft when she cry and to leave to the teacher to handle or else she will have harder time adapting.

How abt u? I thought ur boy has started school.. is he doing fine? I saw a local boy in the class of their age.. is ur boy yiming? Which level class is he in at the moment?

Hi Cloub,

no my son is in a different school now, we are only starting at arts kidz on 7th sept. He'll be going in to the little picasso group, the july-dec group i think. So your girl will be in the same class as him.

He'll be taking the school bus both ways. I plan to stay there for a few hrs 1st and 2nd day, hopefully he won't cry lor... A lot of people say it's easier for him to adjust the less fuss we make and if we don't spend too much time saying goodbye etc. So even if he cries, I'll just leave lor...
sad.gif

Hi leeds & Cloubhappy,

Can I know does the arts kidz allow pro-rate of the school fees if start later in the month? Do they charge separately for their holiday programs?

Thanks.

Hi sunshine,

yes they'll calculate pro-rata. holiday programme is $300/week. are you interested in enrolling also?

Hi Mummies,

Leeds, my son is 2, he will be attending Baby Mozart.

Ester, i think there is Kids Art at tiong bahru plaza 6th flr i think. But we are referring to Artz Kids at Tiong Bahru CC. btw, nice pics...the horse ride how much?

Cloubhappy, I think ill feel heartpain also when 1st time I leave my kid for school. Hopefully he wont cry and just be busy with other kids.

I'll try to file for leave for 7th go join my kid =)

Hi leeds,

Infact I had already enrolled my kid with Arts Kidz. But still thinking which part of sept to start.
happy.gif

But I had checked with them before that holiday program has no extra charges leh; is all packaged into the school fees.

hi esther are u talking abt Bethesda Church at Depot rd? if so, Desiree is going to attend pre nursery there next year.

Randall has grown up so much! He don't look as shy as i remembered and in fact enjoying the horse's company!

Hi sunshine,

thats nice, so i guess there'll be quite a few of us starting in Sept. Maybe I'll be seeing you in the school too if you're joining your kid for the first few days
happy.gif
hmmm I'm not too sure about the hol programme, the fee schedule they gave me states $300/wk but I just got their invoice and they're not charging me extra for it, so maybe you're right and it's all inclusive.

LAdies:Baby lucas was born on 7th august weighing 2.58kg only ;( sad cos mommy's been absorbing all the nrtients instead :p.....Ariel n lincray knows la kkakkakakakka.

now waiting for doc to come chk...if oki then go back today....dun wanna stay hospital too long...got stiff neck liao....pain!!!!!!. breasts of cos also engorged.h to takwe somw tips from ariel n lincray liao kakakkaka.ladies do help me k :p

Hi Ester,
How are you? Looks like Randall is enjoying himself and has grown! It's been quite a while since I last post here!

Hi Weishy,

Congrats on yr new born bb lucas! He has the same day as my bd but yr difference lor...ha! ha!

Hi Ester,

Recently went to zoo too...1st time for Shannon! Ya, agreed, quite like the zoo waterplay area, is only too far. If they have something like that in town, sure go often. Looks like Randal has put on weight. U intend to change cc for him? Y?

weishy, did you used the internet while in hospital? wah, you're very "gut lat" leh... can surf the net after you delivered. You certainly have absorbed most of the nutrients from Lucas! kekeke... So that leaves you with how much to lose?

Remember to express/bf every 3hrs to relief the engorgement ya? Do post up bb Lucas' pic here soon!

Is the waterplay area at our Singapore Zoo? I haven't been there for a while and have never brought my kids there before bec of the horror stories i heard abt the zoo infested with mozzies and such...

Esther: U went to the zoo again! Seems u go quite often hor...so gut lak =P

nonelle: How r u and desiree??

lincray: U can spray the insect repellent on ur child b4 going into the zoo. My son doesnt get any bites fr there! Only me!!...once in a while. Haahaa! It's not so bad lah....

weishy: Congrats on ur newborn!

Recently my son kept falling sick, alot of phelgm,cough and nose block...went for 2 rounds of GP and given antibotics but still cant get rid of the phelgm! In the end i bring him to TCM at golden landmark. It's called Wholistics. Last time bring him b4 to consult the doc and the medicine works for him! Just that the opening hours is short. Either in the morning 4 hours or late afternoon 4 hrs depending on the days. If any1 interested, let me know. I will give the full details. The doc often give tablets so u have to crush the tablets for ur son to eat. My boy is 3yrs + so i only cut it in half/quarters and he knows how to chew it.

nonoelle, bless, jessica
hey long time never see u all post here.. whr have u all gone ah?? must come n join us more ..

bless
ya i have corporate pass of the zoo ma, so i always go. and randal always enjoys it, so i even jokingly said i will bring him there once every month. hahaha!

nonoelle
ya the betheda chuurch kindergarten at depot road. thats the one. i will visit them soon. u must have seen the place b4, how do u find it? the teachers and the environtment?
i intend to let my 2 boys attend the same kindy in future.

jessica
change him cos he is attending only half day class, thus do not need full day child care. kindy is the same hours as his half day childcare

luvbabe
long time nvr see u also.. he many mths of ur preggy are u into now? boy or girl?

weishy
congrats.. another new born baby in our thread! cool.. my baby ryan is born on the same day as ariel's baby. u had a natural birth? must share with us ur birth story ok. U can manage to surf net n post at the hospital after ur delivery?! wow... i was already very tired n busy after i delivered my baby ,i want to do nothing else. I didn't even want visitors to visit , except for my immediate family!
is this ur first baby?

mumbebes
the hourse ride is foc.

hi hi

have not visit the forum for a long - long longtime......

Ester
yr Randal looks big now. n r u talking abt a 3rd one?! thought u juz had yr 2nd on in ..mar, m i rite?
hee.. guess u muz b coping well with 2 boyz.

btw, ladies,
i m tthinking of sending my gal for classes too. n is considering the Arts Kidz, but still wondering if its good n worth e price..
those who have enroll, how much is per mth or per term?
currently, i m sending my gal to JG at forum

Hi cry baby

Arts Kidz charges $650 per month after subsidy for full day pre-school from 9am to 3.30pm.

My gal has not started school yet so cant give any feedback on whether it is worth it. I hope it is good and my gal can benefit from there in term of social, independences, confidence, and of course academically prepared for P1 cos the school is v near my place and i like the ventilated environment of the school.

How old is your gal? She is on weekday lessons with JG or weekend? My gal used to attend JG too but at another branch.

Hi cloubhappy

My gal is 20months and she is on the weekend class with JG.
I am happy with JG cos they were quite patient with my gal.
My gal is very active, to e exent that i wonder if she is hyper-active. but at e same time, i m thinkin if i find something gd for her weekdays, i may consider to stop JG. I noticed my gal likes music and activity type, so i think Arts Kidz's prog & timetable looks like something she will enjoy.

I m hoping she can gain some discipline fr sch. cos currently she is quite spoilt in terms of her temper. N of cos I was hoping she can speak better too, that's y i have placed her at JG for weekend class. Currently, she blabbers alot. She can only say a few things like "shu shu" or sometimes "xie xie" for shoes, "xie xie" for thank u in mandarin etc. PD also commented she is slow in her speech.

Hi cry baby

My gal is also v active. When she was with JG for 2 terms last years, she hardly sit down for long during the lesson. She would be wandering around. Hahaha.. so I fully understand your experience.

My gal was rather slow in speech too before she turned 2 years old. When she spoke, it wasn’t very clear too. However, she shown very marked improvement as she approached 24 months. We talked to her a lot and she watched quite a lot of educational DVD etc. When she reached 25 months, she can read A-Z, 123 and different shapes and colours etc. Now she is 33 months, she is speaking and singing very well bilingually in long sentences. So I dun think u need to worry too much. Of course, we monitor our child closely.

Maybe I share the reasons on why I enroll her in Arts Kidz. She is active and will not sit down in a conventional classroom settings. It will not entice her attention and interest. So kindergarten like PAP, Kinderland will not suit her. Music, movement, arts and crafts and learning thru play is more suitable for her. She is currently enjoying her weekend class at Lorna Whiston speech and Drama class.

After visiting a number of pre-schools, I find the teachers in Arts Kidz more lively, euthusiastic, caring and they look more sincere to me in teaching and playing with the kids. I saw a lot of teachers in some pre-schools that I went dull, no smile, look tired, no euthusiastism.. etc.. I wonder how they can bring energy and fun activities to these kids who have high level energy to expand. So I gave up on those schools. At least, I am comfortable with the teachers in Arts Kidz. A plus point.

Another reason was the curriculum. I find the curriculum interesting and enriching. Whether they are really good as written in papers, I can only judge after my gal is there for at least a term. Some mummies share with me that their kids are enjoying school and learning quite a lot. So I certainly hope that my gal will be too. However, as I do a lot of coaching and reading at home with her too, so my husband was telling me that my gal should be fine.

Other plus point,.. near proximity to my home, well ventilated and clean environment, good teacher and student ratio.

Everyone’s judgement and comfort level is different. Maybe u will have a better gut feel and understanding after you visit the school?

Just some humble sharing.
happy.gif

And of ya.. forgot to add.. i agree that JG teachers are great. They are really patient with kids even when they are really active. I like the teachers there too!

When i subsequently moved her to GUG for some convenience reason, it wass a total different experience. I dropped her after a while. She was quite upset for during one of the lesson when the teacher show anger and whisper something to her. I was so angry. I acknowledged that my gal is active but they cant expect all kids to sit down nicely throughout the one and half hr and expect an easy job.

Cloubhappy, which GUG branch did you send your gal to earlier? I thought the newer Suntec branch has pretty good teachers, particularly this Malay teacher who is very good with kids and musically-inclined. My son enjoyed his classes when i sent him there for 1 term before he turned 2.

Right now i'm just waiting to send him to Apple Tree bec the term starts next year Jan for 2007 babies. Hopefully he will be able to learn to be more disciplined there and also eat better when he sees other kids eat.

How nice, we have 4 newborns in our thread this year, Ester's Ryan, Ariel's Alicia, my Rayen and weishy's Lucas. And they are all no. 2!
happy.gif
Can't wait to see our thread member particulars being updated. But come to think of it, i haven't even seen the list yet leh... nana-kuchi, where are you???

i bless u, wonder if you can give me more details of the TCM you visited please? I hope to improve my son's interest in food and also his chewing. Currently he is not making much progress from the speech therapy he has been going to at KKH and still hardly chews his food. So he still vomits during almost every meal. His weight is still hovering at 10kg which is at the 10th percentile for a 26mos+. Sigh.

Hi Kilenina

U may want to try out TCM, my son always vomit in his sleep when he has cough and phelgm and western medicine doesn't work. And i have to prepare a small basin for him incase he cough middle of the night! It's v tiring lor...when they r sick! So I bring him to see TCM. And he is almost recovered now after a few days of medicine. If ur son is sick then bring him visit the doc, tell her ur son condition. Then she able to give the right medicine. But if he is not chewing his food, maybe the doc can't do anything as well. I think he hav indesgtion prob since he only swallow and not chew his food. So thus might hav phelgm too in him. Try to slowly introduce solid to him and encourage him to chew. U can treat him stuff like jelly or gummy sweets if he chews. My son is only 13+kg and he is 3 yrs old! He eats quite decently and quite alot of meals but he is just active lor so wont put on weight! Ohya, i also visited this TCM recently for my stuborn phlegm and cough! Took western medicine and antibotics makes it worse. And after few days of TCM medicine, my cough almost recovered!

Below is the details of the TCM u may consider, try not to go on sat, might be crowed.

Wholistic Healthcare Centre is at:
390 Victoria Street
#03-04 Golden Landmark
Tel: 6392-0233
Opening hour:
Mon, Wed, Sat - 10:30am ~ 3pm
Tues, Thurs, Fri - 4pm ~ 8pm
Sun & P.H - Closed.

crybaby
hellos, long time nvr see u here .. ya i just had my 2nd boy in march 09, haha.. thinking of having a 3rd one, but well, just thinking... cos 2 boys is alot of work already, and keeps me very busy.

Back