Tiong baru/telok blangah/bt merah 2006-2007 babies n mummies

Esther - I am not signing her up for the LNT for next term, haha, you are right that too many activities at the moment. When I go back to work, likely will not be able to send her for her art classes which are on Mon. Btw, I just send Alicia for her 3rd mth jab, she weighs 6.6kg now. How's yours?

MsWorri - I didn't do any homework with her, if you can, that will be great. Seimpi try to make the learning of music fun e.g. the teacher hv many different kind of musical instruments & toys that she will bring weekly. You have to purchase their Activity and Piano books that are quite colorful. My gal attends the GeniusRus baking class at Tanjong Pagar.

MLB,

So u have registered with them? Heard they have the intention to convert to a childcare next year.

So is your gal attending any class now? Have been hunting for a cc for my boy for a while liow.

gelato,
I totally agree with Ester that the otah is really delicious. I just spread the paste over bread and toasted it and it turns out very yummy! If got lobang, will order again.

hey luvbabe - i read about your pregnancy! congrats! take good care... I stopped him on igenius as he finished the toddler class and the next class only starts from 30months old. I want to build his foundation on colors and numbers stronger before starting class. I think he might be ready to start soon... but I am not sure if he will enjoy class...cos even i find class kind of boring! so classroom style. Personally I feel that kids such age should not be confined to classroom teaching.. But I must agree he do learn alot there. So lets see if I am starting him soon...

I am actually looking for a place for him to learn music. I see someone talking about seimpi. will check it out.

Yap orga an outing...been long since we last met!

clarrisa,
Thanks. Great to hear from you again after so long...no wonder I don't see you at IGenius anymore....My boy is able to recognise all the colors, numbers and alphabets already. Altho it is once a week lesson, he seems to remember the routine very well. We miss 3 weeks of lesson and resume only yesterday but surprisingly, Luis is still alright and can do all the deep breathing exercise, eye training, image training, telepathy, esp, etc. quite well....

I also would like to sign Luis up for music lessons but am just too tired to bring him for extra classes....

Sunshine,

yes, i have registered her for next yr.
at present, she's attending weekly lessons at Kindermusik. so far, she's enjoying the lessons. =)

hi girls, my boy's 1st dip in the pool at 3 mths old.. he loves it n was happily kicking away in the pool!
2627236.jpg
2627237.jpg

Thanks MLB & Cloubhappy for the reply.

Did you all still manage to get the $200 subsidy for each mth since yr kids will be starting next year.

Oh... so both of your kids will be in the same class. :D

Esther - your boy looks very alert! Is this taken at the Plaza SG shop that allows the babies to dip in the water tub? Did you buy the neck float?

Sunshine,
actually cloubhappy's son and my gal will be in diff classes nxt yr. as far as i know, the subsidy is still applicable.

Esther,
aiyoh! ur son is so cute!!! :D

yo yo...
been ages since i post here...
nowadays busy with some family prob...

esther,
ur boy very handsome!! *wink*
oh, i wld need to get back the confinement recipe book from u soon as my fren wants to borrow it... i see when i can drop by ur place to pick it up... wld sms u...

Esther, your boy looks so adorable in the neck float and pool! I'm still contemplating on bringing my baby boy to the pool. Is the neck float safe to use on babies?

By the way, your boy looks a bit angmoh leh... ;)

nana
i have been meaning to sms u to return ur confinement book, but keep forgetting to do so.. sorri sorri.. thanks a million for loaning the book to me. I will ask my hubby to return the book at ur place so as to convenience u. When r u at home?
hope everthing is well with u n ur family, and problems be settled soon.

ariel
my boy now weighs 6.2kg, quite the same as ur baby..
happy.gif

the baby pool is the inflatable kind which i had bought from the BP. So the swimming was done at my home. I prefer this, cos it is more clean n hygiene. ya, i bought the neck float, it comes as a package with the baby pool.
I went to this baby swimming class at harbourfront , and they charge $25 for one session of about half hour!

mist
ya ryan has a different look from randal.Many friends say that randal look like my hubby, whilst ryan look more like me.

kileina
ya some also say my bb look a bit ang mo leh. i think cos he is very fair!
yes, the neck float is safe to use on babies, under close adult supervision. We really had fun seeing him "swim" in the pool. We took a lot of videos of him swimming
happy.gif
happy.gif

happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif

Hey anyone interested to bring ur baby to my place for swimming? I think it would be sooooo fun to see so many babies swimming in the pool!!! wahahhah....

I provide the baby pool and the venue, but u all have to bring your own baby neck float and baby swmming diaper. If there is a few of u who are interested, we can organise a <font color="0000ff">"BABY SWIMMING DAY"!</font> Just make sure ur baby is bathed clean , and healthy and well, before he dips into the pool.

Invitation is open to <font color="0000ff">ALL mummies of this thread! Baby preferably below 9 months</font> of age, cos bigger babies might find it hard to float on the tub which is not very deep)

Esther,
wow, baby swimming day huh? too bad, my boy pass the preferred age liao..... sad... ;p

yeah, i also feel that ryan looks more like u, though never see your hubby before.

hey, then this myth tt i heard of quite accurate leh,
if your 1st child looks like the hubby, the 2nd one will be the same gender ie. male. and vice versa....

so ryan look like u, that means your no.3 for a gal got hope liao loh!!!

mlb, luvbabe, mist
ya most of the kids are the bigger ones, but we do have a few same mth babies is this thread. about 2-3 only though
hmm.. maybe we can have a swimming day for the older kids instead! hee.. my condo got a baby swiming pool about 0.5 m deep. let me know if anyone is keen ya
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif

hi esther,

no prob... thanks alot for asking ur hubby to drop by instead..hope it's not too troublesome for him...he wld be coming after work rite?
i am at home most days except fri nite... just give me a call or drop me a sms before he reaches...

wld go visit u &amp; ur two princes one of the days when i more free...
happy.gif

Esther, I agree it will be very fun to bring the babies for swim! However, i don't have a neck float, only the normal floats suitable for older children. Are you referring to swimming in the baby pool that you ordered online?

ariel
ya i bought the neck float from the BP. Ur princess will need the neck float. Actually u can use ryan's yellow neck float, so that u dont need to buy. U keen in coming over?
yes i am referring to the swimming pool (inflatable kind) that i bought online.
it will be so interesting to watch 2 babies that are born on the same day, same month, same year, swim together!

hey any recent pic of ur little darling? can post ? like to see how she looks like now.

Ester,
Good suggestion to have a swim session for the older kids.... Luis recently asked me to buy a crocodile swimming float for him from Taka. He is quite excited about it but have not had the chance to use it yet. He actually had been eyeing it since he was 1+ yrs old and I didn't buy it for him till recently at the Taka sale...

Hi mummies,
Does anyone has any suggestion on good and economical buffet? I am planning for Luis' 3rd birthday end of month....

Esther, yes i would love to visit you! Can pm me when is a good time to visit? I have attached Alicia's passport pic (just taken last week)

2639614.jpg

Ester,
I dun mind bringing my girl for the swim date
happy.gif
Our kids are about 1 week apart right? she's born 28th March.

Ariel,
How did you take the pic? brought her to a shop to do it? Been wanting to make a passport for her. But she's really ugly now cos she pull out all her front hair. She looks an those ancient eunuch now... She's also a light weight. Brought her for her jab today. She's 5.8kg at 3 months. Still on TBM but she drinks really little. Usually 4 hourly feeds but yesterday she had a hubger strike and refuse to drink for 11 hours.

My elder son just started Chinese Kindergarten this week. Took the school bus, cried when he boarded the bus... so heart pain
sad.gif

Chocobabe, actually I think my gal looks a bit like yours! Maybe its true that babies look alike
happy.gif
The pic was taken by my hubby at home, photography is his 2nd career!

Alicia is borned on 24th mar (same as Esther's son). Yesterday she seem to be on growth spurth, drank alot such that I didn't have any excess to store in milk bag. I also doing TBF. Do you store the excess in milk bag? Is it the first time she has hunger strike? Must be stressful for you as the parent.

Is your son in the AM or PM session at Chinese Kindy? Mine is AM session.

hi chocbabe n ariel
good we can let the babies take turns to swim. next week may be a bit busy, how abt the week after next? chocbabe are u working? <font color="0000ff">16 or 17 july around 3pm? </font>

chocbabe n ariel
ya, i do agree that chocbabe's girl and alicia look quite alike!

Ariel
now u express? u store the milk in freezer? i too lazy to store, just give the excess to my elder boy to drink. my elder boy drinks about 200ml of BM each day.

Ester,

The date is fine with me. I'm still on maternity leave. I start work on 12th August.

Ariel,
How did you take the picture? lying down or you hold her sitting up? How did you get that white background? My son is in the PM session.

Breastmilk,
Yes, i do store the excess in milk bag. She is a really poor drinker. Even like last night, she drank at 8pm, 4am and 11am. The intervals are really long (8hours and 6hours). Even at 11am, I had to force her to take 80ml.

My elder one is a milk junkie. Drinks non-stop, even now.

Chocbabe - the picture was taken lying down on a white cloth. Alicia head still cannot be supported on her own so we had to lie her down. My gal is in the morning session.

That is a loooong time interval! Mine usually drinks at 8am, 12pm, 3pm, 6pm, 9pm, and sometime she drinks also at 2am. I still express and my freezer and my sis's freezer are almost full. However, recently i notice milk storage has dropped, not sure if its becoz Alicia is drinking more now or my supply is dropping.

Esther - My elder girl refuses to drink my milk, she said not nice!! guess she prefers those that have more taste. Btw, your son drinks alot...must be tiring for you to have to feed him every 2hrs!

Ester,
17 July, 4pm is fine with me.

My girl usually takes 110ml every 4 hours. Unless she goes on strike, it'll be after 6-8 hours.

ariel
good idea to let ur girl take pic lying on a white cloth! my boy can support her head by himself already, but sometimes his head is throbbing a little.. haha
i will take a pic n make passpost for him when he is slightly older.
my elder boy prefers my BM over formula.. jialat!! when the maid want to make his FM, he say he dont want. He wan BM! gosh, now must work harder to produce more BM to feed 2 kids!

chocbabe,
great, so we will see u at my place at 17 july 4pm. i will pm u my hp and address.

Hi Cloubhappy &amp; MLB,

My boy is 24mths old and i m looking for a childcare in TB/Redhill area.
Saw this thread on ArtsKidz in SMH n got to know that there's a June Promo of $200 off monthly fee + 50% off registration.
May i know, with this promo, is the MCYS childcare subsisidy($300 full day / $150 half day) still applicable?

=)

Hi Hwee Huan

Arts Kidz is MOE registered as a kindergarten but not MCYS registered cos it is not a full day CC.

However, I understand that the school may register under MCYS if there is sufficient demand for them to extend operating hr to operate as CC but i am not sure of the latest development. You may wish to call the school to check.

Hi Kileina,

I'm interested, but how to make order? The wording all in japanese, can't see the size and item code. Pls advise. THx.

Hello mummies,

found this thread when seaching for child care centres around river valley area. Have enquired about JHS but they take in children 18mths up only. My boy is only 11 months, do you know any child care centre for infants around river valley or tiong bahru area?

Any advice? Thanks

My older boy is turning 3 next week and he's currently waitlisted for JHS. How do you all find JHS so far? Is your child in the child care or kindergarten programme?

What's JHS leeds? You can search for childcare centres at MCYS website actually. There is a new one just opened officially recently at Blk 131 Kim Tian Rd called Bambini Montessori. They offer both infant care and childcare. However the fees after subsidy is not cheap.

Lincray, thanks for the info. JHS is a montessori along river valley road. It's mentioned here some months back. Do you have the number for Bambini at Kim Tian? I couldnt find any info online. Do you know its prices?

Back