Tiong baru/telok blangah/bt merah 2006-2007 babies n mummies

brainiac,
Not the one at Depot Road but the one at Blk 8 Kim Tian Place. Not sure if it is really good, as I have heard from my SIL (my son's nanny) and the neighbours around her that it is not too bad. I went to the school to check it out. It is not big but feel comfortable after I have spoken to the teacher.

Are you planning to enrol too?

luvbabe - sorry i cant make it 10dec. ricco have got a class at gracekids. You gals enjoy! i will bring him there on thur
happy.gif

hi luvbabe

yup, but most probably after CNY. but intend to enrol my son for half day only. i'm staying at telok blangah so trying to look for one nearby. wanted to put him at SAFRA but long waiting list of about 20. need to put him in one which is within walking distance as i have to bring my baby along also when fetching him to and fro.

hi mummies
Long time no chat, hows everyone!My trip was tiring cos it was package, and we every night have to change hotel and wake up super early, and spend hours on the bus.. sheez, next time wont go for this kind of trip again!
N it doesnt help that I bring randal along, he was also very tired n cranky and made everyone very tired just by carrying him.

mummies
any one has any idea what is this cartoon character called? The third one from the left. (blue base and yellow stars at handle)
I bought it from taiwan for my spree. Look how randal enjoys playing with them!
1960865.jpg
1960866.jpg
1960867.jpg

Hi Mummies
Long time never came in here....Busy with work and also just started to do research sourcing for a school for my boy mid of next year.

Haiz...another outing on weekdays (Barney show tomorrow)...can't join coz no leaves to clear.

Esther
You very "Gang Ho"...bring Randal on package tour...how you settle his meals there? He on porridge still rite?

Brainiac
How old is your son? Looking for half-day CC? Or just 2 hours classes per day?

LuvBabe
Luis going for LNT is it? Thinking of maybe sign my boy up for it too... Any idea if the class starting Jan 08 on Sats is at what time and still available?

spring
ya randal still on porridge, but he eats rice at times, so when he is there, i just let him eat rice, our adult food, and some meals i give him cereal.
but he eats rice so slowly and u know package tour always rushing here and there, so i guess he did not eat properly during his trip there.

Hi Ester,
I thought you went for F&E, didn't know you went for group tour. If I had known, would have told you not to do so. Just in May this year, I brought Luis too on a group tour to Taipei. However, I managed to customise the entire trip as the entire tour group was made up of family and my parents' friends so that it won't be too rushed! Thankfully, I did that.

Spring,
Long time no see! Guess you must have been extremely busy with work. Luis is not attending LNT. Instead, I have signed him up for IGenius, which is similar to LNT and Shichida. Are you considering to sign your boy up too?

Ester, Nana, Clarrisa,
Kareen text me to inform that she won't be able to join us for Barney tomorrow as she needed to go back to work and can't take leave. How are you all going? We can meet at Plaza Sing directly if you want to make your own way there!

happi,
Heard that Dr Chris Chong's package costs like $750. Gotta call his assistant to find out the details.

Ester,
Which gynae did you go to? Which hospital are you delivering in?

luvbabe
my gynae is Dr Adrian Tan, based in TMC. His package is $688. I am also delivering in TMC. The same place i delivered randal. I like the place as the staff are mostly helpful and professional. I have visited KKH before, and oh my, the service is really poles apart!
I quite like Dr Adrian Tan , as i find he is very experienced, and a cheerful and postitive doctor. He used to be a senior consultant at KKH before he came out on his own.

luvbabe
Paiseh, tomolo i cannot go to plaza sing as I have a gynae visit for routine check up

luvbabe, ester
i can't go to the zoo tmr cos my flu got worse n i'm gg to see the dr for the second time
sad.gif

barney show: u ladies have fun with the kiddies!

Esther
Then Randal not hungry? He can sleep well during the trip? Can imagine it must be super tiring...that time we bring our boy few days F&E to Penang, he completely no appetite & slept little...somemore had fever on the last day we come back.

Luvbabe
Thinking of LNT but need to get more info first... the weekly class for iGenius is for above 2 only... my boy not yet in January. :p

Isabelle
You take care...drink more fluids. Think you probably need to keep a distance from your girls liaoz.

Springdance

My son will be 26 months at the end of this month. Want to send him for half day class as it will be too rushed for me to fetch him to and fro to 2-hour class with a baby sister. Another reason is that I want him to interact more with his peers and also do not want to face him for so many hours a day. He is getting naughtier since turning 2, always throwing tantrums and shout for no reason. Don't know if kids at this age are like that. Don't want to face him for so many hours in case I lose control of myself.

I have a neighbour whose son is a few days older than mine. She says that her son also like to shout recently. Usually he son is quite quiet and shy.

I also noticed another neighbour whose son is 2 months older is shouting and crying recently. He seldom did that last time.

spring
we feed randal with all sorts of things, bread fruits, biscuits junk etc, hehe..
but he could still sleep well leh, in fact he slept a lot cos he was so tired.

miorei
i sent my boy to playgroup when he reach 24 mths, full daychildcare

Ester,
No worries. Hope your gynae visit is a good one. I brought Luis to the Barney show as planned. Not sure if my expectation is high but somehow, I felt that when Barney was showing at Marina Sqr some time ago, it was much better. This time round, the sound system is not so good. Nevertheless, it was still up close and personal and Luis still like it nonetheless.

isabelle,
take care! no worries, will always have other chances to go again.

brainiac,
Luis had just turned 28 months and he also likes to shout and scream. Guess they will outgrown this stage bah...

Spring,
IGenius has pre-natal classes even. Anyway, if you are interested in LNT, can check with Ester or Jessica. They will be sending their kids there.

miorei,
From Jan 09, will be sending Luis to 2 hrs playgroup session at AppleTree. He would be close to 2.5 yrs old by then.

hi mummies, i m staying at tiong bahru too, have a gal who's turning 3 next year. Like to check with you all whether you have any comments on the following childcare centres, thank u!!!

DARDIS CHILD DEVELOPMENT CENTRE
134, JALAN BUKIT MERAH, #01 - 1420, SINGAPORE 160134

SUPERLAND MONTESSORI PRE-SCHOOL
Blk 568, GANGES AVENUE, #02 - 102, SINGAPORE 160568

TWINKS SCHOOL HOUSE (Modern Montessori)
Blk 167, JALAN BUKIT MERAH, #04 - 15C, SINGAPORE 150167

ETONHOUSE PRE-SCHOOL PTE LTD (OUTRAM)
240, OUTRAM ROAD, SINGAPORE 169043

esther:

which play group did u send ur son to?

luvbabe,

where's appletree? near tb mrt?

curry,

i'm oso keen on the eton house pre-school. been there b4 on a saturday for tour wif my gal. looks ok to me. might send my gal there when she turns 3. haha. 2 yrs more to go. :p

brainiac
You have two kids...in that case, I also agree that sending your older one for a half day or even full day school would make things easier...otherwise very siong for you. One of my good friend even send both her boys to CC...older one at 3year & younger one at 1year plus. She was a SAHM but decided to return FT to the workforce.

Esther
Good that Randal is not fussy with food and can eat almost anything during the trip. Envy!

By the way, has Randal went through any LNT class yet? Do share with me your feedback if he has...coz I am keen too.
happy.gif

Luvbabe
How's the Barney show yesterday? Did you & the mummies had a gathering tea or something after the show?
happy.gif

Is today the Zoo outing?

luvbabe

i went to the zoo at around 2pm. then walked around , then decided to take a bite at the ben n jerry place. then started to rain, and it lasted so long. So we were stuck inside the restaurant. Finally when the rain stopped, it was about time that the zoo is closing, sigh..
so we came home and had a small celebration at home for his birthday

spring
the LNT class will only start in january. But he is starting his school at Cherie hearts next week. I hope everything goes well, and he would not cry too much when i leave him alone there

miorei
the playgroup i send him to is cherie hearts. its full day programme

hi luvbabe - sorry no chance to log on to inform you that i cant go barney today. too many conf calls happening for today...luis is gg igenius? ricco is attending this too. once per fortnite for the time being. and i think its good
happy.gif
though my son cant really sit through class (whats new!)

spring - you can actually start igenius anytime. need not wait till 2.. 2 is weekly maybe.

I will be sending ricco to gracekids drop off session twice per week till he goes school in Aug next year 2.5yrs old
happy.gif
i really love gracekids. its like really a super fun, colorful and child friendly place. plus the teachers are really warm and i can feel their love for kids
happy.gif
so anyone keen, can go check it out!

Esther
I think for 1st few days of days...must be mentally prepared that our kids will cry their hearts out but we must have the "stand firm and not turn back" that kinda of attitude...anyway, I am sure my boy is one of those who will cry for one month at least when he start school.

Not sure if you remember during the MAF gathering at your place, even just a look from a stranger (your hubby), he will start crying.

Clarissa
How are you? Hope you are not flying off again anytime soon else will miss Christmas with family.
happy.gif

Yes, I am only looking at Sat class for igenius and they do not have something for my boy's age.

Oh ya...Jonas is also attending Busy Buddies once a week...Agree that the teachers are very warm & nice.

Have you decided on the school for Ricco? Last I remember you mentioned a montessori...

Esther
I think for 1st few days of days...must be mentally prepared that our kids will cry their hearts out but we must have the "stand firm and not turn back" that kinda of attitude...anyway, I am sure my boy is one of those who will cry for one month at least when he start school.

Not sure if you remember during the MAF gathering at your place, even just a look from a stranger (your hubby), he will start crying.

Clarissa
How are you? Hope you are not flying off again anytime soon else will miss Christmas with family.
happy.gif

Yes, I am only looking at Sat class for igenius and they do not have something for my boy's age.

Oh ya...Jonas is also attending Busy Buddies once a week...Agree that the teachers are very warm & nice there.

Have you decided on the school for Ricco? Last I remember you mentioned a montessori...

luvbabe,

i will chk tat out. thks. hope no waiting list.

esther,

cherie hearts not near my home leh cos i dun drive. muz tk public transport or walk. :p

springdance,

is gracekids good?

esther,

yeah, hv to prepare that our kids will fuss abit loh... usually they take abit of time to settle in the new environment

Ester,
We too had ice-cream at the Ben & Jerry's. Was actually very tired from the walking. Nevertheless, luckily we went to the zoo early coz there was a heavy downpour in the afternoon. Did you then catch as shows? This time round, we managed to catch the Elephants of Asia and the Rainforest Fights Back show which were both good.

Clarrisa,
No problem lah. As there were slow responses from you all, I guess all of you must be busy lor. Yeah, I went ahead to the Barney show with Luis. Guess my expectation is a little high and was disappointed with the backdrop and sound system at Plaza Sing. Still find that the shows at Marina Sqr is better.

Re - IGenius, yes. I have actually signed Luis up since Dec last year during their Xmas promotion. However, he will only officially start his weekly lesson from tomorrow (13 Dec) onwards. Luis will be attending the 1010am class, how about Ricco? Who usually acc Ricco to the class, is it you? Have you attended the Parents' session and collected the materials already? Do you do the home training with Ricco regularly?

Had sent Luis to GraceKids before but he was frightened by one of the teachers there before and refused to go back there.

Spring,
Yes, agree with clarrisa. No need to wait till 2 one. IGenius even has pre-natal classes for mums. Let us know if you are interested lah. Maybe you can go visit the school together with me tomorrow/next week if you are interested. Best is, it is quite convenient for us to go there from where you and I live.

miorei,
AppleTree only has 2 sessions per day, ie 9-11am and 1115-115pm. Think the earlier session is already full. Maybe you can go and talk to the teacher and her name is Leena to see if anyone pulls out.

Miorei
Well, the environment is quite nice like what Clarissa mentioned...big & colourful...as compared to popular GUG which is confined within a room only. However, it doesn't have phonics which GUG offered and I believe, is the main factor for its popularity.

Gracekids has a man-made outdoor play area which toddlers like best.

LuvBabe
I called up IGenius and enquired...the lady say for below two, there is no class on Saturdays...

But probably based on your good feedback after Luis has attended, I will sign Jonas up when he is of age...like 2.5year old.
happy.gif

Spring,
No worries. Will try to find out if they have any promo or parents' seminar for you to attend. You can then have a look for yourself. Jonas is still young lah. If you wish, I can lend you some of the materials which I have got for Luis (between 18-24 mths).

Hi Springdance,

Read tat u interested in either LNT or IGenius. My girl has attended a term in LNT. They accept age from 3mth onwards. They also have weekend class for yr boy's age but required min. 2 pupils to sign up on yr preference time. So far, find the activities are fun and my girl enjoy it and had just sign up another term.

Hi Esther,

How's yr holiday? Which country did u go? Happy Belated Birthday to Randal! Been busy these past few days as HB on biz trip n just back today. Me exhausted taking care of Shannon alone 24/7. Me becoming a yellowed-face woman liao
sad.gif
. Oh...u r hooked in BP lately? Trying to chio u for swimdate 1 of these days, ok? How's yr lil 1? Take care!

Hi Jessica,
Swim date at Esther's place sounds good. Anytime next week is fine with me, coz I still have another week of leave. Time flies...1 week just whiz off like that!

Esther,
Which day is good for you? At the same time, can collect my craft punchers and honey stix from you.

spring - no more travels for this year
happy.gif
which is all good. xmas is really 1 of the nicest celebrations of the year. I wouldn't want to miss it for work! haha...i think ricco is about same age as jonas? he is attending sat class once a week. i am sendiing him off to casa dei bambini when he reaches 2.5 years old.

luvbabe - ricco attends fortnightly class and tmr is his dayoff. yes i company him for class and he's started attending since about 3months back. he attends 9am class which means i will see you next week when i leave class and you come for class
happy.gif
home training? no. he is not interested! i will usually teach him what i feel like teaching him for the day
happy.gif

luvbabe, jessica
next monday, tues I'll be busy distributing the punchers which have arrived.
Then next wed, thurs , fri , is randal's first 3 days at school, and i will need to accompany him for the full day programme.
But the following week is better and more free.
U all free to come? Maybe jessica can, but luvbabe u need to go back to work already right?

jessica
thks for wishing randal happy bday. He was already very happy when we bought him a bday cake and sang happy birthday song to him. He was beaming with joy. But very different from his 1yr old bday where we had a bday bash for him.

oh my #2 is 6 mths laio! time really flies and for this pregnancy, i feel its much faster than my first one. My tummy really big laio, and i have put on 7 kg so far! OOPS! hOPE i dont put on too much this pregnancy lor.
I can feel #2 is more active than randal . I quite like the movement feeling when he moves around, hehe..

hi all mommies!
I'm new to this thread so pls do guide me along! I have a 06' Oct boy and is attending pre nursery next year. He's attending Faith Kindergarten located @ the church opposite Commenwealth MRT. Any feedback from that school? Have yet to meet up with the teachers as i was told of the avaliable vancancy only 1 week ago! Hope my boy will enjoy being there. Im a home-maker in the day and giving tutition in the night and weekend. Do let me know if you ladies have any activities that i can bring my boy along. Would like him to mix around more. Thanks and hope to hear from you soon! gOOD NIGHT!

Hiya!

I just back fr my malaysia trip yesterday! Spend a week! I love sunway lagoon, v big water play area and also big shoping mall!!

Esther: Oh u went taiwan?! Ya bring kids for holiday sure is tiring! My son too, lucky we drive and bring stroller along! When he's tired we either put him in pram to sleep on he sleep on our shoulder! V tiring indeed!!! He come back with cough phelgm and flu!!!

Amy Loh (phineno)
hi good to see u here..
i replied to ur query on the BP thread. Pls check my reply.
I have not really heard feedback abt faith kindergarden before. My son also 2 yr old, and starting school this week at cherie hearts! I hope he is ok with school.. first 3 days have to accompany him there.Keeping my fingers crossed

bless
ya me went taiwan. randal sure kept us busy , i think next time we go trip, might not bring him. Unless its those short trips or relaxing trips.

Hi Esther,

Cherie hearts is more of a childcare than a kindergarten isnt it? Wanted to enrol my boy to Carpe Diem in the first place but since is a childcare so we dropped the idea. well well, just cross our fingers that our little one will get used to school soon with no big hoo ha! Cheers!

Luvbabe
So kind of you to offer to lend my boy Luis's materials...is it liek flash cards or something? Hmm...so I believe we must do 'homework' with the kid daily after work correct?

Oh ya, do keep me posted if got any promo.
happy.gif

Jessica
Thanks for sharing abt the LNT. Which centre you sent Shannon to? Shannon's concentration skills must be very good..can sit throughout the class. Actually, I am abit worried my boy will start going for the door whilst attending such classes...even playgroup kinda class, he also not keen when it comes to story-time and sing-along session.
sad.gif

Clarrisa
Good to know you can finally take a break from the travels.
happy.gif

Is Casa Dei Bambini a montessori kindergarten? Can share with me what's their strong point that made you decide on this school?

Think our boys are around 3 months difference? Jonas is Apr 07 baby....I am also starting to source for a school.

Esther
Must watch your diet liaoz...Keke.

Hope that Randal will adapt well at school...keep us posted on his experience on the first few days of school okie.

Amy Loh
Welcome to the thread.

Yes Cherie Hearts is a child-care. Any reason why you would only consider kindergarten but not CC? Shorter hours?

I read alittle abt Faith Kindy....think it's quite a good school although I also came across someone saying that the school is a little secretive about the lessons...no parents allowed to see from day 1.

spring - ricco is born in feb 07. casa is a montessori. i am actually still contemplating between casa or st james. casa will be near my new home at novena so thats 1 of the main reason. casa is a relatively good school. its huge, nice teachers and best part is that fees is not exorbitantly high. also highly recommended by many of my friends. montessori is good in that kids learn at own pace and they mix around with younger and older kids. my friends told me that st james is great too.. so am contemplating
happy.gif

we discuss more on schools!
happy.gif

Hi Springdance,

My girl at bugis branch. Ok, sometimes she can concentrate, sometimes she will fidget a bit and wants to go up on the table to stand up...faint! Which playgroup u sent yr boy?

Hi Esther,

I'm fine on next week swimdate. Will sms u if the weather is good.

Back