TCM after miscarriage

sonic

Hi,

I'm looking for good TCM to help me tiao2 my body after miscarriage (with wash).

May I know anyone has recommendation for a good and reliable one?

Thanks.

Hi Ixora, Sayang Sayang.

I had 2 M/C, then went to see Dr Chan from Ban Choon Chan. Then after 5 months of Tiao yang (Cos my hormones go haywire, delay TTCing), I got pregnant in Mar2010 and delivered a full term baby girl in Dec 2010. Now my gal 25 months, just went to see Dr Chan for TTCing no. 2 in 5 Jan 2013. Hit jackpot immediately, now 5 weeks pregnant.

Try to go during weekdays cos weekend wait can be easily 4-5 hrs. Good luck.

Do see him immediately to tiao your body.

Ban Choon Chan Medical Hall
blk81 #01-636, Marine Parade Central

opening hours:
Wed to fri: 8.30am to 1pm
Sat: 8.30am to 3pm
Sun: 8.30am to 12pm

Hi there,

I also miscarriaged twice. After the 1st miscarriage, I went to see a TCM in Jurong which was nearer to my work place, but still miscarriage the 2nd time...

Finally, I listen to my gynae and went to the TCM she recommended (her family trusted TCM). And I faithfully follow the TCM treatment. Within 3 mths, I am preggy and now I got 2 healthy babies with the TCM help! You might want to consider this TCM:

TCM Ning
Blk 116 Bishan Street 12 #01-34 S570116

Call before you go.

I just had a miscarriage. Western dr quoted chromosonal abnormality but tcm physician said it is coz i ate one tiny pc of crab. Anyone believe in this? I was kindof "forced" into eating by my mil n m very pissed because they dont respect my palete even when pregnant. I told her cant eat but she asked y. I said poisonous n she said poison so what? Now that things r over i just want to tiao. It has been 3 wks n i hooe t tcc soon. I did go bk to my tcm dr at macpherson but find him v strict n costly n a bit far. Is the dr at ban choon medical hall gd? How r the charges?

Hi Jumpstart: I am sorry to hear about your loss. While some would say seafood and shellfish are harmful for pregnancies, I beg to differ. First of all, many of the really "harmful" seafood are not available in Singapore. Our usual variety of fish, crab, prawns, etc are okay for general consumption - especially those cooked ones. Also, if you read the fine prints, the "harmful" part would be the possible bacteria or the mercury present in these foods. For the former, there is a real threat if you get severe food poisoning. For the latter, you need to eat a large amount or eat it very often.

My gynae always say, follow the tastebuds. Eat everything (even sashimi and durian!) in moderation - go for the better grade ones... It is indeed most saddening, but statistically I believe 1 in 6 pregnancies ends up in early miscarriage - because nature does their own QC.

Get well soon, and all the best!

Jumpstart tutors (ice27), for me distance and cost are not an issue. What's important is the TCM must be good. As long as we can have healthy pregnancies and babies, it will be worth the effort and time.

Don't look back. I know it's hard, but life have to go on. Just move forward towards your next preggy. As long as we don't give up, we will become mothers.

Hi Stefie,

Can I ask around how long need to wait at Ban Choon Chan on weekdays?

Also, how often have to go, is it like once a month?

I'm worried if have to go often or wait very long my husband will be impatient... u know men lah :p Because both of us want to tiao together, so he has to go as well.

Thanks!

Hi there,

I also miscarriaged twice. After the 1st miscarriage, I went to see a TCM in Jurong which was nearer to my work place, but still miscarriage the 2nd time...

Finally, I listen to my gynae and went to the TCM she recommended (her family trusted TCM). And I faithfully follow the TCM treatment. Within 3 mths, I am preggy and now I got 2 healthy babies with the TCM help! You might want to consider this TCM:

TCM Ning
Blk 116 Bishan Street 12 #01-34 S570116

Call before you go.

Hi,
Can i chk your gynae from where? the TCM you went is female?

Hi, just wanted to provide some feedback abt Dr Chan from Ban Choon Chan medical hall. My sil n I went to him on recommendation after reading the positive reviews here. However, I found him to be unethical (my personal opinion).

This is because I found pieces of Dang Gui in the prescription that he had given me. He gave me a total of 4 packs of medication. 2 packs to be taken before intercourse (on day 11&13) of the cycle. Afterwhich, we need to intercourse on alternate days from day 15-22. The other 2 packs of medication are to be taken on day 23 & day 26 respectively. He gave my sil 2 packs of medication 1 before and 1 after the days of intercourse.

While my mum was cooking the medication for my sil (for after intercourse) she discovered dang gui pieces inside. So she warned me about it and ask me to check my medication for dang gui. I had already taken the medication for day 23. ( I din noe what dang gui looked like. N had taken photos of the various herbs inside to show my mum).
ImageUploadedByForum1409992161.484181.jpg
ImageUploadedByForum1409992173.085006.jpg
But I still hv one pack left. To my horror, there were 2 large pieces of dang gui inside.
Pregnant women are not suppose to take dang gui as it would cause miscarriage.
We called the medical hall to confirm that pregnant women are not suppose to eat dang gui. We asked what if we had just conceived, but we were still unaware of it n we took dang gui will it result in miscarriage? He told us yes if your body cannot take it.
In the prescription that he had given us to take after intercourse but before the start of the next menstrual cycle he had included dang gui pieces. So even if we did successful conceive, after eating the medication with dang gui pieces we would suffer a miscarriage and have our menses even without us being aware of it.
In my opinion, I feel that he is doing this just so that we will go back more times so that he can earn more money.

Hi, just wanted to provide some feedback abt Dr Chan from Ban Choon Chan medical hall. My sil n I went to him on recommendation after reading the positive reviews here. However, I found him to be unethical (my personal opinion).

This is because I found pieces of Dang Gui in the prescription that he had given me. He gave me a total of 4 packs of medication. 2 packs to be taken before intercourse (on day 11&13) of the cycle. Afterwhich, we need to intercourse on alternate days from day 15-22. The other 2 packs of medication are to be taken on day 23 & day 26 respectively. He gave my sil 2 packs of medication 1 before and 1 after the days of intercourse.

While my mum was cooking the medication for my sil (for after intercourse) she discovered dang gui pieces inside. So she warned me about it and ask me to check my medication for dang gui. I had already taken the medication for day 23. ( I din noe what dang gui looked like. N had taken photos of the various herbs inside to show my mum). View attachment 377391View attachment 377392But I still hv one pack left. To my horror, there were 2 large pieces of dang gui inside.
We called the medical hall to confirm that pregnant women are not suppose to eat dang gui. We asked what if we had just conceived, but we were still unaware of it n we took dang gui will it result in miscarriage? He told us yes if your body cannot take it.
In the prescription that he had given us to take after intercourse but before the start of the next menstrual cycle he had included dang gui pieces. So even if we did successful conceive, after eating the medication with dang gui pieces we would suffer a miscarriage and have our menses even without us being aware of it.
In my opinion, I feel that he is doing this just so that we will go back more times so that he can earn more money.

Hello Happiness, pregnancy only starts upon implantation, which happens around 7-10 days after fertilisation. Dr. Chan is well aware of the fact that preggies should not eat dang gui DURING the actual pregnancy and he's warned me against doing so too. However, the dang gui may be given during the implantation period to warm up your body to boost progesterone... if I'm not wrong. I'm not sure whether that's the actual reason but my friends who've gone to him usually conceive within 3 cycles. I'm still TTC too :)

Hello Happiness, pregnancy only starts upon implantation, which happens around 7-10 days after fertilisation. Dr. Chan is well aware of the fact that preggies should not eat dang gui DURING the actual pregnancy and he's warned me against doing so too. However, the dang gui may be given during the implantation period to warm up your body to boost progesterone... if I'm not wrong. I'm not sure whether that's the actual reason but my friends who've gone to him usually conceive within 3 cycles. I'm still TTC too :)
Hi Dovey,

How much is the consultation fee + medicine per time? And is there a need for acupuncture? By the way, Dr chan at Ban Choon Chan is a male tcm? There is only one tcm is that clinic?

Hi Dovey,

I am new to this board.

No, Dr Chan does not charge any consultation fees, his herbs are about S$35 per pack. No, he does not do acupuncture. The only thing is that you have to brew the herbs at home yourself, unlike some other tcm halls. Yes, as far as I know, he is the only tcm in that clinic, and he was on a cruise from last Monday (1 week ago), only back on 2 January.

While my mum was cooking the medication for my sil (for after intercourse) she discovered dang gui pieces inside. So she warned me about it and ask me to check my medication for dang gui. I had already taken the medication for day 23. ( I din noe what dang gui looked like. N had taken photos of the various herbs inside to show my mum). View attachment 377391View attachment 377392But I still hv one pack left. To my horror, there were 2 large pieces of dang gui inside.

Hrmm..actually im not with any tcm but i do take herbs myself sometimes...but the picture u showed of the big beige piece is not dang gui..dang gui are way smaller and has a distinct smell...

I take dr chan's herbs too. And has taken exactly the same herb that you have. I really don't think it's dang gui. Dang gui looks like this. And the herb that we have in our package is a bit translucent right?

Your question to him was re dang gui and not if they had put dang gui inside the pkt of herbs?

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByForum1423253227.784161.jpg
    ImageUploadedByForum1423253227.784161.jpg
    249.8 KB · Views: 895
Hi,

Sorry for not coming to this board for a while. Finally, after about 6 months of tiao by this sinseh at Marine Parade (I suffered a blighted ovum in August last year 2014, and that was my 5th miscarriage), I conceived in early April this year. Tested positive (BFP) on May 7. As my menses usually came on time, and his clinic is closed on Monday (May 4), he told me to go to consult him on May 3, if do not see AF. I went to consult him, he felt my pulse and said that fertilisation has already occurred, and told me that the next few days will be crucial, so I just bed rested from May 4 to May 6. I consulted him the day that I tested BFP on clearblue HPT. He immediately felt my pulse, and said that I was pregnant, and then gave my hubby and I a detailed list of what to expect for the next 9 months (for example: when will I see baby's heartbeat, and get to know the sex of the baby etc), and foods and drinks to avoid during pregnancy; and remarked that he would see me through the 9 months, and any issues, just phone him if too troublesome to go to his medical hall to see him. He just prescribed me one packet of antai herbs and said that that will last me till week 13, and to drink the brewed chicken breast soup every day, until I see the baby's heartbeat, then no need to drink so often, maybe every 2 to 3 days. At week 6, I suffered from minor vaginal bleeding in the middle of the night, and went to TMC, their 24 hours clinic for emergency, in which the nurse phoned Dr Loh SF, and told him about my condition (by then, it was only spotting). Dr Loh told the nurse to give me a progesterone jab to antai, and to see him the next day morning (Wed), and discharged me home, and told me to observe the bleeding. The next day, during ultrasound, Dr Loh said that the embryo was 6 weeks and 2 days, that there was fetal heartbeat (about 150 beats per minute) but then there was subchrionic bleeding. When my mom requested that I be admitted for bed rest, Dr Loh strongly objected, and eventually, as they do not have any single beds available, I was told to bed rest (fully) at home. I called the marine parade tcm sinseh the next day, told him about the subchrionic bleeding. He told me that it is no big deal, just that when the embryo was formed, a water bag was also formed, and will disappear within the next few days, and refused to antai for me. The next few days, there was then no spotting/bleeding, then on Sat, I discovered brown colour spotting when I wiped (which my mom said was not a good sign), and the brown spotting turned to red on the following day Sunday at 4 p.m. My hubby immediately went to TMC their 24-hours clinic, so that the nurse could contact Dr Loh SF for me. Dr Loh ordered the nurse to immediately do blood tests for me, to check for blood clotting disorder, including D-Dimer; and thank God all came back normal, and I was discharged back home. As the next day was Vesak Day public holiday, I only managed to see Dr Loh at his clinic on the following day (Tue). Dr Loh did a transvaginal ultrasound, said that it was not a good sign as the embryo never grew in one week, the CRL had shrunk, though there was still heartbeat, so he hoped that I could save the pregnancy, with progesterone tablets and progesterone injection every 3 days. The next day, Wed, I called the marine parade tcm sinseh as soon as his clinic opened. When I told him about my pregnancy issues, he just rudely replied me that embryo grew or not is decided by my gynaecologist, and not him, and again refused to antai for me, loud and clear.

To cut the long story short, on recommendation of my previous personal trainer, I went to consult their tcm in North Bridge Road, Crawford Court (Tai Choon Foh Medical Hall). The sinseh felt my pulse, said that there was embryo heartbeat, but then it was not stable, so told me to bed rest a lot. He prescribed me 5 days of medicine to antai and also to stop the subchrionic bleeding, and to see him 5 days later. When I saw him 5 days later, he felt my pulse and said that the embryo was still okay and got a heartbeat. However, 2 days later, when I wiped after the first bowel movement in the morning, I discovered brown colour spotting (is that from the demise of the embryo) or from the progesterone injection, I do not know. Anyway, I continued to take the spare medicine prescribed by this sinseh's wife, to stop the bleeding and to take the antai medicine 2 hours later, 3 times daily. However, another 2 more days, on June 12, when I went to pee at 11:30 a.m., I discovered fresh bleeding, just like the start of period bleeding. I was freaked out, and immediately went to consult the sinseh at North Bridge Road. He felt my pulse, said at first that I already miscarried the embryo; then felt my pulse again, and said that he would try his best to antai for me, though the prognosis is not good, and to call him or his wife if anything. That day, I lied mostly in bed at home, the bleeding stopped. However, after a quick shower at night, the fresh bleeding started again. As my hubby was having a very bad cold by then, and my mom was afraid that he would pass it to me, so I went to sleep with my mom at night. The next morning, when I woke up, the urine became red in colour. As I could not get through the telephone of Dr Loh's clinic, my hubby went down first and my mom and I went down later. Dr Loh was in surgery, and his partner Dr Dr Mariette saw me instead shortly. She immediately did a transvaginal ultrasound. Said that it did not look good at all, that the embryo has shrunk and was abnormally small for its size, and some more, the heartbeat was gone, so told me to expect miscarriage. She said that since I was already bleeding moderately, I could choose to naturally miscarry, or to insert the cytotec vaginal medicine to induce miscarriage (I chose this method during the blighted ovum last August, and ended up with excessive bleeding, and so am scared to use it again), or to do the d and c. After suffering an agonizing tummy ache at home at 3:30 p.m. for 1.5 hours, I eventually passed out the unhealthy embryo tissue at 5 p.m. when I went to pee.

This is the number 6th miscarriage I had in 3.5 years, and Dr Loh could not find an explanation of why I could conceive easily naturally (I did one cycle of IVF back in July 2011, and failed); but could never last longer than 6 weeks mostly. He suspected that it might be something to do with my immune system.

Here in Singapore, the tcm and Dr Loh also do not believe very much in the old fashioned treatment of injecting my hubby's white blood serum under the folds of my skin (each treatment is 3 months), to correct my negative blocking antibodies. In Guangzhou of China, the doctors there believed that this is the main cause of my unexplained recurrent miscarriages.

Anyway, the North Bridge tcm sinseh did say that the main issue with my recurrent miscarriages is that my uterus is weak, and so cannot hold the embryo. He advised that I go back to him 10 days after my miscarriage, and he will use herbs to start strengthening my uterus and to improve my negative blocking antibodies. Each course of treatment is 1 month, and I will need to have 4 months of treatment before I can try to conceive again. He is hopeful of my case, as he recently managed to treat a 24 year old Chinese mom married to an American man living in the USA. The young mom miscarried 4 times, and went to consult him. He gave her 4 months of herbs to strengthen her herbs and told her to bring them back to USA. The 2nd month, the mom called long distance to her, said that she was pregnant, the sinseh told her to finish the course of herbs. And she recently gave birth to a baby boy, and sent the family photo to this tcm, to express her gratitude and thanks.

As I caught a cold during shower and shampoo on the night of my miscarriage, and still got dry cough after one week and profuse sweating even after stopping taking the chinese medicine yin qiao capsules given by my mom as the sinseh's wife said that that could be the cause of my profuse sweating, when I called last Sat evening. She said that I could see her hubby the tcm sinseh on Monday. The sinseh felt my pulse, said that I do not cough that much anymore, but still got cold sweat, so prescribed me 5 days of herbal medicine to help relieve my stress levels and to help me sleep better at night. True enough, after taking the herbs, I managed to sleep through the night, and also the face colour looked a lot brighter too. :)

I did tell the marine parade sinseh that after my blighted ovum last Aug, my AF became less, reduced from the usual 5 days, to at most 3 days or 2.5 days, but he did not seem concerned. However, in my personal view, I think that this can be the cause of my miscarriage, as it means that my uterine lining is not strong yet.

Thinking about going back to this marine parade tcm sinseh during the 4th month, to get herbs to induce ovulation and also to aid implantation.

So be warned that this marine parade tcm sinseh seemed more keen in getting a woman pregnant, but may not take into account that she has a weak uterus, which can eventually lead to a miscarriage.

Hi,

I just realized that regarding my post on last Friday, dated June 26, there were some mistakes in paragraph 5. The correct version of that paragraph should be as follows:

Anyway, the North Bridge tcm sinseh did say that the main issue with my recurrent miscarriages is that my uterus is weak, and so cannot hold the embryo. He advised that I go back to him 10 days after my miscarriage, and he will use herbs to start strengthening my uterus and to improve my negative blocking antibodies. Each course of treatment is 1 month, and I will need to have 4 months of treatment before I can try to conceive again. He is hopeful of my case, as he recently managed to treat a 24 year old Chinese mom married to an American man living in the USA. The young mom miscarried 4 times, and went to consult him. He gave her 4 months of herbs to strengthen her uterus and told her to bring them back to USA. The 2nd month, the mom called long distance to him (tcm sinseh), said that she was pregnant, the sinseh told her to finish the course of herbs. And she recently gave birth to a baby boy, and sent the family photo to this tcm, to express her gratitude and thanks.

Hi,

I just realized that regarding my post on last Friday, dated June 26, there were some mistakes in paragraph 5. The correct version of that paragraph should be as follows:

Anyway, the North Bridge tcm sinseh did say that the main issue with my recurrent miscarriages is that my uterus is weak, and so cannot hold the embryo. He advised that I go back to him 10 days after my miscarriage, and he will use herbs to start strengthening my uterus and to improve my negative blocking antibodies. Each course of treatment is 1 month, and I will need to have 4 months of treatment before I can try to conceive again. He is hopeful of my case, as he recently managed to treat a 24 year old Chinese mom married to an American man living in the USA. The young mom miscarried 4 times, and went to consult him. He gave her 4 months of herbs to strengthen her uterus and told her to bring them back to USA. The 2nd month, the mom called long distance to him (tcm sinseh), said that she was pregnant, the sinseh told her to finish the course of herbs. And she recently gave birth to a baby
, and sent the family photo to this tcm, to express her gratitude and thanks.

Hi tryingtoconceive2014,
Can you share the north bridge Road tcm contact for me. As for Dr Loh. Is he from Thomson medical? What's his full name?

Thank you in advance.

Hi tryingtoconceivd2014,

From your story, sound like this north bridge road sensei is good. I've just had 2nd miscarriage and looking for treatment. Can I have his contact?

Hi tryingtoconceive2014,
Can I ask around how long need to wait and how often have to go?

Hi xiu li,

The wait is usually around 10 to 15 minutes (max). If you go in the afternoon, such as after 4 p.m., may have to wait slightly longer.

Currently, I only go once a month. It does not matter whether it is before or after your menses.

Also, his herbs are in powder form, no need to brew by ourselves one, so much easier to drink too.

Hope it helps.

I have PM you the details.

Kindly PM me back when you have got my messages.

Hi,

Anyway, the North Bridge tcm sinseh did say that the main issue with my recurrent miscarriages is that my uterus is weak, and so cannot hold the embryo. He advised that I go back to him 10 days after my miscarriage, and he will use herbs to start strengthening my uterus and to improve my negative blocking antibodies. Each course of treatment is 1 month, and I will need to have 4 months of treatment before I can try to conceive again. He is hopeful of my case, as he recently managed to treat a 24 year old Chinese mom married to an American man living in the USA. The young mom miscarried 4 times, and went to consult him. He gave her 4 months of herbs to strengthen her uterus and told her to bring them back to USA. The 2nd month, the mom called long distance to him (tcm sinseh), said that she was pregnant, the sinseh told her to finish the course of herbs. And she recently gave birth to a baby boy, and sent the family photo to this tcm, to express her gratitude and thanks.

Do you have the number from north bridge road?

Hihi can i have the North Bridge road tcm sinseh too. I also experience 3x MC within 1.5 years.

Hi helioadele,

Do you have any live child(ren)? The reason I asked is if you do not, then better go see recurrent miscarriages professor choolani, otherwise can see my tcm in north bridge road.

Hi gal,

I have PM you my tcm's contact details.

Hihi,
Yes i have my #1 girl born on 2012. Been trying for #2 since last year. Actually after i stop my breastfeeding we din use any protection but i never get pregnant and started last year to plan for #2. But really sad everytime i get pregnant then it became unsuccessful (MC). Recurrent till last week is the third one chemical pregnancy. Not sure which part is wrong.
How about you babe, any baby coming on the way. Hope you get bless with one too or even 2

Hi helioadele,

You mean all your 3 MCs were chemical pregnancies, or just this last one is? Must be very stressful for you and your husband, and very disappointing for your little girl, who may want a little baby brother or sister to play with.

Prof Choolani gave us the go ahead to try again this cycle, we just started last night (day 10 of my cycle). Really hope can strike a BFP this cycle; if not, then before xmas will be nice too.

Mine is a bit complicated, due to health issues in relation to my immune system, so one would be ideal for just this time.

Hi helioadele,

You mean all your 3 MCs were chemical pregnancies, or just this last one is? Must be very stressful for you and your husband, and very disappointing for your little girl, who may want a little baby brother or sister to play with.

Prof Choolani gave us the go ahead to try again this cycle, we just started last night (day 10 of my cycle). Really hope can strike a BFP this cycle; if not, then before xmas will be nice too.

Mine is a bit complicated, due to health issues in relation to my immune system, so one would be ideal for just this time.

Hi,
Nope only this last one is chemical pregnancy. The first one no heartbeat and second one blighted ovum. All around 6-8 weeks lo.
Yeah im very devastated even thou not really think about it. But i always browse n google to see what other share and what cause it. They always said dun think too much just relax then you might strike but it easier to say than do it.
Monday will see my gynae to investigate cos is recurrent MC see is really any problem or not.

Hubby also busy person so most of the time we do during that one week fertile period all this time. Kind of stress for him to , but what to do. My age also catching up soon hehe

Hi,
Nope only this last one is chemical pregnancy. The first one no heartbeat and second one blighted ovum. All around 6-8 weeks lo.
Yeah im very devastated even thou not really think about it. But i always browse n google to see what other share and what cause it. They always said dun think too much just relax then you might strike but it easier to say than do it.
Monday will see my gynae to investigate cos is recurrent MC see is really any problem or not.

Hubby also busy person so most of the time we do during that one week fertile period all this time. Kind of stress for him to , but what to do. My age also catching up soon hehe

Hi helioadele,

I see. Sorry to hear that, maybe your gynae when you see him/her on Monday, will refer you to the leading specialist in the area of recurrent miscarriages Professor Choolani.

Yup, age is catching up with me too. Hope when I BFP next time, will be able to stay pregnant with all the extra support.

Hi tryingtoconceive2014, I'm very sad to hear your story. Hope you are better now. How long you been to the north bridge tcm already? Did u see any improvement? Is the price costly? Can share with me the tcm doc name? Opening hours?

Hi tryingtoconceive2014, I'm very sad to hear your story. Hope you are better now. How long you been to the north bridge tcm already? Did u see any improvement? Is the price costly? Can share with me the tcm doc name? Opening hours?

Hi prayhard0401,

I have PM you the details already. Please check your inbox.

Hi there,
You can visit Chen Mei Er doctor, she is located at Pek Kio.

Her location is:
42 Cambridge Rd, Singapore 210042

Tel: 6256 8774

Due to her tight schedule, you may try to book an appointment first before heading down

Hi All,

I went to see the recurrent miscarriage Professor Choolani this morning. He said that now my vitamin D levels are looking good; normal is 30, and my repeat blood test on Dec 15 showed 34.93. :)

Professor also said if want to see tcm, the only one he will allow me to see is Marine Parade Ban Choon Chan, as now the rheumatologist has a treatment plan for my next pregnancy.

Any idea if Uncle Chan is on holiday this period? I remembered last year he was closed around this time, only reopen on Jan 2.

Hi Tryingtoconceive, I am so sorry to hear about the things that you have to go through, maybe you can request a doctor to test for you whether are you antiphospholipid positive (can be your GP that you are familiar, but the price for this test is very expensive as only Tan Tock Seng Hospital lab can do the test. The price is about $1200). That will help you check whether is it really the immune issue. If yes, the gynae can actually start you on something when you are trying for that month. You can check with Dr Loh about it, the medication will help to reduce your anti-body attacking your embryo.

Sorry for not coming to this board for a while. Finally, after about 6 months of tiao by this sinseh at Marine Parade (I suffered a blighted ovum in August last year 2014, and that was my 5th miscarriage), I conceived in early April this year. Tested positive (BFP) on May 7. As my menses usually came on time, and his clinic is closed on Monday (May 4), he told me to go to consult him on May 3, if do not see AF. I went to consult him, he felt my pulse and said that fertilisation has already occurred, and told me that the next few days will be crucial, so I just bed rested from May 4 to May 6. I consulted him the day that I tested BFP on clearblue HPT. He immediately felt my pulse, and said that I was pregnant, and then gave my hubby and I a detailed list of what to expect for the next 9 months (for example: when will I see baby's heartbeat, and get to know the sex of the baby etc), and foods and drinks to avoid during pregnancy; and remarked that he would see me through the 9 months, and any issues, just phone him if too troublesome to go to his medical hall to see him. He just prescribed me one packet of antai herbs and said that that will last me till week 13, and to drink the brewed chicken breast soup every day, until I see the baby's heartbeat, then no need to drink so often, maybe every 2 to 3 days. At week 6, I suffered from minor vaginal bleeding in the middle of the night, and went to TMC, their 24 hours clinic for emergency, in which the nurse phoned Dr Loh SF, and told him about my condition (by then, it was only spotting). Dr Loh told the nurse to give me a progesterone jab to antai, and to see him the next day morning (Wed), and discharged me home, and told me to observe the bleeding. The next day, during ultrasound, Dr Loh said that the embryo was 6 weeks and 2 days, that there was fetal heartbeat (about 150 beats per minute) but then there was subchrionic bleeding. When my mom requested that I be admitted for bed rest, Dr Loh strongly objected, and eventually, as they do not have any single beds available, I was told to bed rest (fully) at home. I called the marine parade tcm sinseh the next day, told him about the subchrionic bleeding. He told me that it is no big deal, just that when the embryo was formed, a water bag was also formed, and will disappear within the next few days, and refused to antai for me. The next few days, there was then no spotting/bleeding, then on Sat, I discovered brown colour spotting when I wiped (which my mom said was not a good sign), and the brown spotting turned to red on the following day Sunday at 4 p.m. My hubby immediately went to TMC their 24-hours clinic, so that the nurse could contact Dr Loh SF for me. Dr Loh ordered the nurse to immediately do blood tests for me, to check for blood clotting disorder, including D-Dimer; and thank God all came back normal, and I was discharged back home. As the next day was Vesak Day public holiday, I only managed to see Dr Loh at his clinic on the following day (Tue). Dr Loh did a transvaginal ultrasound, said that it was not a good sign as the embryo never grew in one week, the CRL had shrunk, though there was still heartbeat, so he hoped that I could save the pregnancy, with progesterone tablets and progesterone injection every 3 days. The next day, Wed, I called the marine parade tcm sinseh as soon as his clinic opened. When I told him about my pregnancy issues, he just rudely replied me that embryo grew or not is decided by my gynaecologist, and not him, and again refused to antai for me, loud and clear.

To cut the long story short, on recommendation of my previous personal trainer, I went to consult their tcm in North Bridge Road, Crawford Court (Tai Choon Foh Medical Hall). The sinseh felt my pulse, said that there was embryo heartbeat, but then it was not stable, so told me to bed rest a lot. He prescribed me 5 days of medicine to antai and also to stop the subchrionic bleeding, and to see him 5 days later. When I saw him 5 days later, he felt my pulse and said that the embryo was still okay and got a heartbeat. However, 2 days later, when I wiped after the first bowel movement in the morning, I discovered brown colour spotting (is that from the demise of the embryo) or from the progesterone injection, I do not know. Anyway, I continued to take the spare medicine prescribed by this sinseh's wife, to stop the bleeding and to take the antai medicine 2 hours later, 3 times daily. However, another 2 more days, on June 12, when I went to pee at 11:30 a.m., I discovered fresh bleeding, just like the start of period bleeding. I was freaked out, and immediately went to consult the sinseh at North Bridge Road. He felt my pulse, said at first that I already miscarried the embryo; then felt my pulse again, and said that he would try his best to antai for me, though the prognosis is not good, and to call him or his wife if anything. That day, I lied mostly in bed at home, the bleeding stopped. However, after a quick shower at night, the fresh bleeding started again. As my hubby was having a very bad cold by then, and my mom was afraid that he would pass it to me, so I went to sleep with my mom at night. The next morning, when I woke up, the urine became red in colour. As I could not get through the telephone of Dr Loh's clinic, my hubby went down first and my mom and I went down later. Dr Loh was in surgery, and his partner Dr Dr Mariette saw me instead shortly. She immediately did a transvaginal ultrasound. Said that it did not look good at all, that the embryo has shrunk and was abnormally small for its size, and some more, the heartbeat was gone, so told me to expect miscarriage. She said that since I was already bleeding moderately, I could choose to naturally miscarry, or to insert the cytotec vaginal medicine to induce miscarriage (I chose this method during the blighted ovum last August, and ended up with excessive bleeding, and so am scared to use it again), or to do the d and c. After suffering an agonizing tummy ache at home at 3:30 p.m. for 1.5 hours, I eventually passed out the unhealthy embryo tissue at 5 p.m. when I went to pee.

This is the number 6th miscarriage I had in 3.5 years, and Dr Loh could not find an explanation of why I could conceive easily naturally (I did one cycle of IVF back in July 2011, and failed); but could never last longer than 6 weeks mostly. He suspected that it might be something to do with my immune system.

Here in Singapore, the tcm and Dr Loh also do not believe very much in the old fashioned treatment of injecting my hubby's white blood serum under the folds of my skin (each treatment is 3 months), to correct my negative blocking antibodies. In Guangzhou of China, the doctors there believed that this is the main cause of my unexplained recurrent miscarriages.

Anyway, the North Bridge tcm sinseh did say that the main issue with my recurrent miscarriages is that my uterus is weak, and so cannot hold the embryo. He advised that I go back to him 10 days after my miscarriage, and he will use herbs to start strengthening my uterus and to improve my negative blocking antibodies. Each course of treatment is 1 month, and I will need to have 4 months of treatment before I can try to conceive again. He is hopeful of my case, as he recently managed to treat a 24 year old Chinese mom married to an American man living in the USA. The young mom miscarried 4 times, and went to consult him. He gave her 4 months of herbs to strengthen her herbs and told her to bring them back to USA. The 2nd month, the mom called long distance to her, said that she was pregnant, the sinseh told her to finish the course of herbs. And she recently gave birth to a baby boy, and sent the family photo to this tcm, to express her gratitude and thanks.

As I caught a cold during shower and shampoo on the night of my miscarriage, and still got dry cough after one week and profuse sweating even after stopping taking the chinese medicine yin qiao capsules given by my mom as the sinseh's wife said that that could be the cause of my profuse sweating, when I called last Sat evening. She said that I could see her hubby the tcm sinseh on Monday. The sinseh felt my pulse, said that I do not cough that much anymore, but still got cold sweat, so prescribed me 5 days of herbal medicine to help relieve my stress levels and to help me sleep better at night. True enough, after taking the herbs, I managed to sleep through the night, and also the face colour looked a lot brighter too. :)

I did tell the marine parade sinseh that after my blighted ovum last Aug, my AF became less, reduced from the usual 5 days, to at most 3 days or 2.5 days, but he did not seem concerned. However, in my personal view, I think that this can be the cause of my miscarriage, as it means that my uterine lining is not strong yet.

Thinking about going back to this marine parade tcm sinseh during the 4th month, to get herbs to induce ovulation and also to aid implantation.

So be warned that this marine parade tcm sinseh seemed more keen in getting a woman pregnant, but may not take into account that she has a weak uterus, which can eventually lead to a miscarriage.

Back