Swimming classes

Discussion in 'Year 2004 and earlier Mums' started by mavis08, Feb 12, 2006.

1. mavis08

mavis08 New Member

hi.

any swimming classes to recommend for 18mths toddler? preferably at east area. thanks.
  2. rabbitlover

rabbitlover New Member

3. mavis08

mavis08 New Member

hi lyn.

have you try them b4?
  4. babytan76

babytan76 Member

hi mavis
    my sis is the manager for aquaducks, and my 3 yr old boy is also currently taking their class at suntec....they have trial lessons if you are keen...no obligations....
  5. hi maviskan

went for a trial class with my girl (she was 2 then). quite good but we didn't sign up because she is always down with flu. didn't want to pay and miss all the classes! maybe will sign up some time mid this year since my girl doesn't get sick so often now.
  6. poet

poet New Member

hi cindy,

wats the youngest age group for aquaducks?
    how much is the trial?
    wheres the location?
    thanks
  7. babytan76

babytan76 Member

hi poet

just PM you... [​IMG]
  8. mumloveme

mumloveme New Member

hi cindy,

wats the youngest age group for aquaducks?
    how much is the trial?
    wheres the location? Do they do it at our own condo or something?
    How much is actual lesson?
    thanks
  9. crosby

crosby New Member

Hi Cindy
    I am keen in the trial.
    Can you PM me more details?
    Tks
  10. babytan76

babytan76 Member

hi BBLoveMe and Alice,

have PM you.. [​IMG]
  11. lexuan_mummy

lexuan_mummy New Member

12. babytan76

babytan76 Member

Lian,

you've got mail!
  13. jjb

jjb New Member

Hi Cindy, would like to find out more details for 6 yrs and 2.5 yrs, pls email me at boy001@singnet.com.sg thanks.
  14. lemzjo

lemzjo New Member

Hi,

Any mummy who tried before aquaducks and can tell roughly how long it takes for their kids to be able to swim without float? My girl has gone for lessons with instructor teaching a group of kids for many months but still using float. Thanks.
  15. lemzjo

lemzjo New Member

Hi, can anyone help me with my question? Guess this thread has been inactive..
  16. ruffy_happy

ruffy_happy New Member

Hi,
    didnt try with aquaducks..but roughly after 2-3mths after we tried out with another co.. my son then 8mths can swim short distance underwater without floats. However you still need to monitor him closely.

Anyone have recommendation for private swimming lesson for 2yr old - not looking for water confidence but learning proper swim strokes as my son is now ready to take lessons without using any floats..can hold his breathe underwater and swim, enter/exit pool by himself and knows how to float by himself.
  17. chiart

chiart New Member

hi ruffybear
    which co. you tried for your son?

please let me know

thanks
  18. ruffy_happy

ruffy_happy New Member

Joleena,
    He was with Swimfast for 2mth before I stop and teach him myself coz all basically repetative stuff in their water confidence classes.
  19. alina_mummy

alina_mummy New Member

Hi please send me more details.

How many to a group?
  20. marmin_marmin

marmin_marmin New Member

Hi, can PM the contact for the swimfast too? How much do they charge and where is the class conducted?
  21. ruffy_happy

ruffy_happy New Member

22. luckybelle

luckybelle New Member

Hi,

I have found a fun swim instructor for my toddler of 22mths. However, to start a class, I have to get min 3 toddlers but I have only 2. Thus I am trying to find more SAHMs with their toddlers <2.5yrs old, preferably staying in the east, to engage the instructor. It is at 1100am every tuesday, a weekly, half-hourly session and charges $100 for every 4 lessons. Pool maybe in Haig Court or at any SAHMs' place, preferably residing at upper east coast. Interested parties, pls pm me. Thanks.
  23. rains

rains New Member

Hi mummies,

I just want to share with you my good experience with this swimming instructor at Yishun swimming complex. His name is Peter.

After only 5 lessons with him, my 6-yr-old kid is able to swim independently for a width of 1/3 of the adult pool. I'm very impressed with him for several reasons: 1) He always stretches the swimming lesson to 1.5 hours although he told me it's 1 hour each time. I think it's becos he enjoys teaching kids to swim. 2) He practises different instructions with every kid. There are kids who are fearful of water, confident of swimming, older kids ... but he handles them very well. Although the class is quite big (7 to 12 children each time), I don't worry that he'll shortchange us at all. What really matters is my kid gets to learn swimming. 3) His fee is cheap. $40 for 4 lessons. And my husband overheard him telling a parent not to give him the full amount as the child had missed 2 lessons. I'm very impressed. He didn't need to do that. I'm not sure about other swimming classes, but usually consumers don't get a 'discount' if they miss a lesson for most courses.

I am glad that swimfast and aquaducks didn't bother to reply my enquiries bcos it's definitely a blessing in disguise.
  24. hi rains

does he teach at other public pools as well? we stay in cck. can you let me have his hp no? if he doesn't mind, i'm sure other moms would be interested to contact him too. tks!
  25. jasmum

jasmum Member

26. hi jasmum

thanks!
  27. bayb

bayb Member

Hi Rain,

I'm interested in your son's swimming instructor, Peter. Does he teach kids around 3-4 years old?Can you PM me his contact no.? Thank you so much.
  28. jasmum

jasmum Member

hi,
    if you are keen to see pics of son's swimming lessons leave your email and i'll invite you to view my yahoo album.
    cheers [​IMG]
  29. bayb

bayb Member

30. roostermummy

roostermummy New Member

Hi,
    Any good swimming instructors to recommend me for my 4 years old son,in the north area.
    Many thanks!
  31. jasmum

jasmum Member

32. roostermummy

roostermummy New Member

Hi Jasmum
    Thanks for your recommendation. My colleague has contacted your children's coach.
    We are thinking of letting our sons to learn swimming under him next jan. many thanks.
  33. jasmum

jasmum Member

hey that's great [​IMG] glad to have helped [​IMG]
    really find forums like this very useful in getting &amp; sharing info.
  34. cheerful747

cheerful747 New Member

Anyone has got good swimming instructor to recomend for a 7 year old gal that stay in the east...hoping to form a group to learn too.thanks
  35. sypt19

sypt19 New Member

Hi I am looking for a swimming instructor to teach my girl 4 my house is in Yishun can anyone please recommend me a good and cheap one thanks.
  36. jasmum

jasmum Member

hi Sharon,
    have you try calling Nico Yeo as recommended above ? my son &amp; his 2 friends have finished their 10 lessons (they all received a cert too) and they have indeed learnt alot.
    all 3 wants to take-up more lessons again [​IMG] so will plan again by mid Jan, after settling with P1 (2-6yrs &amp; 1-4yrs).
    coach Nico is really pretty good in handling the kids. give him a call and speak to him, it's really worth checking him out.
    [​IMG]
  37. sypt19

sypt19 New Member

Hi Jasmum ... thanks ok will call him and ask thanks
  38. bayb

bayb Member

Hi Jasmum,

My son and my colleague's son just went for their 1st swimming lesson under Nico today. He's really good with the kids. I can see that both of them enjoyed the lesson very much and they were comfortable with Nico.
    Thanks for the recommendation &amp; sharing your valuable experience with us : )
  39. bayb

bayb Member

Hi Sharon,

Nico teach in the north area too. Btw, my son's lesson is in Yishun Swimming Complex. Think it'll be conveninet for you too.
  40. gracemum

gracemum New Member

hi,can email me Nico hp pls
  41. bayb

bayb Member

42. jasmum

jasmum Member

glad to be of help... i know how tough it is to find a good and not so costly coach...
    i will be planning to start lessons for my son again in Feb. [​IMG]
  43. hippo2002

hippo2002 New Member

community center has swimming lessons
    cheaper too
    around $65 for 8 lessons
    many children (> 10) in a group though
  44. sunnybeach

sunnybeach Member

has any kids learning swimming lesson at nite 7-8pm and can i have any feedback if it is cold at this timing? thank you.
  45. kei_kei

kei_kei New Member

hippo2002, din knw tat community ctr has swimming lessons... do u knw which CC?
  46. hippo2002

hippo2002 New Member

47. sunnybeach

sunnybeach Member

hi hippo2002

thanks so much so i supposed if until 8pm makes no much different as just half an hour difference right? v scare she be cold hence a bit hesitating...thanks
  48. jasmum

jasmum Member

hi folks,
    i have received a few enquires on coach Nico via 'PM', pls note that i do not know him personally, it's just a recommendation as i know it's tough to find a good, child friendly coach who could accommodate our time & venue, etc...

the boys are no longer using coach Nico, as 2 of them have taken swimming as a cca in school and the then 4yrs old has gone to another school (childcare centre).

here's an update of coach Nico's rates:
    http://www.geocities.com/justswim100/nicoyeo_swimfees.html

All fee above are base on :
    Duration Of Lessons : 1 hour per session once a week
    Age for learning : Adult from 16 yrs old and Kids from 4 yrs old onwards
    Private Lesson : Training Venue and Time: Any venue and time
    Group Lesson : Training Venue and Time: http://www.geocities.com/justswim100/nicoyeo_class.html

Note: You need to form your own group for Semi Private or Small Group classes

please do contact him personally. his details are all above & check out his site.
  49. lovekidz

lovekidz Active Member

Hi all,

Sorry to interupt. If you are looking for swimming instructor, I might be able to help you. I can try to find an instructor that meets your criteria.
  50. jasmum

jasmum Member

hi Joelle,
    it'll be better if you could feedback and recommend the coaches here openly... and let the parents do the contacting.
    mums here, want to hear reviews & feedbacks 1st, then do their own research. [​IMG]

fyi: do know that the board has a rule about doing businesses to promote and sell their "products". The listing is at $25 per 7-days period or $80 per 28-days period.
    your post sounds like an ad.
    just my humble opinion
  51. lovekidz

lovekidz Active Member

Hi jasmum,

Thanks for your concern. However, I'm not selling any products. [​IMG]
  52. jasmum

jasmum Member

hi Joelle,
    yes you are not selling any products... but your post is biz-like promo.
    in fact, your posts in this forum thru' out so far all seems to be related to 'promo' by offering services. e.g tuition, piano teacher, babysitter, swim coach, etc... [​IMG]

so promo biz must pay CL. [​IMG]
  53. woofwoof

woofwoof New Member

notice that most mummies here only bring toddlers to learn to swim.

how about infants? how old can we start?
    not talking about water confident but swimming (under adult's supervision of course).
  54. babytan76

babytan76 Member

hi woofwoof,
    infants can start to learn when they are about 6 mths old..
    of cos they won't be learning the strokes proper but to let them have a feel of how it's like in the water..
    they will only start to learn the proper strokes when they are about 3...
  55. woofwoof

woofwoof New Member

thks cindy for yr info.

already started to bring my bb to the pool.

guess no swimming lesson til he is 3yr old.
  56. bayb

bayb Member

hi sunny beach,

my 4yrs old son's swimming lesson is from 7-8pm.
    the water is not as cold as we though. if your girl enjoy water, i think she will not feel so cold hee..
  57. hippo2002

hippo2002 New Member

how long does your kid take to learn to swim independently?
    frog style & swim half a lap in a medium pool (0.8 meter pool)?

my girl attended 8 lessons previously but still cling on to teacher. Although she dares to dip her head inside the water to blow bubbles

Starting her on another 8 lessons soon
  58. poshlim

poshlim New Member

Hi there,
    Is there any mummy staying at Bayshore Park Condo? I'm hoping to find a small group of kids to form a swimming class at Bayshore Park. There's an instructor from Swim21 Swim School available on Sundays 5:30 pm.
  59. dorieme

dorieme Active Member

hippo: I think maybe it depends on the child. My two kiddos learning from same instructor at the same time... but one is phobic and the other is not, although initially also quite afraid, but not as bad.

Both are progressing, but the non-phobic one is progressing much faster than the phonic one (of course).

So I'm thinking, maybe it's more the child than the coach, although of course it makes a difference if you get a good coach vs a lousy one.

My current one just did his 3rd lesson with my kids. Before had 3 others, 2 very lousy, one quite good but kena enlisted into NS. This current one quite good... patient yet firm... tries to help them according to their abilities.
  60. cowandchick

cowandchick New Member

i agree with dorie

no point starting the kid on swimming if he/she not ready. I waited until my girl was more comfortable with water b4 starting her on swim classes. When she was ready, i signed her up. in less than 3 months, she could swim the length of pool on her own.

Of course the coach played an impt part, but the fact tt my girl was ready meant she could pick up skills faster.