Swimming classes

hi mavis
my sis is the manager for aquaducks, and my 3 yr old boy is also currently taking their class at suntec....they have trial lessons if you are keen...no obligations....

hi cindy,

wats the youngest age group for aquaducks?
how much is the trial?
wheres the location?
thanks

hi poet

just PM you...
happy.gif

hi cindy,

wats the youngest age group for aquaducks?
how much is the trial?
wheres the location? Do they do it at our own condo or something?
How much is actual lesson?
thanks

Hi,

Any mummy who tried before aquaducks and can tell roughly how long it takes for their kids to be able to swim without float? My girl has gone for lessons with instructor teaching a group of kids for many months but still using float. Thanks.

Hi,
didnt try with aquaducks..but roughly after 2-3mths after we tried out with another co.. my son then 8mths can swim short distance underwater without floats. However you still need to monitor him closely.

Anyone have recommendation for private swimming lesson for 2yr old - not looking for water confidence but learning proper swim strokes as my son is now ready to take lessons without using any floats..can hold his breathe underwater and swim, enter/exit pool by himself and knows how to float by himself.

Joleena,
He was with Swimfast for 2mth before I stop and teach him myself coz all basically repetative stuff in their water confidence classes.

Hi,

I have found a fun swim instructor for my toddler of 22mths. However, to start a class, I have to get min 3 toddlers but I have only 2. Thus I am trying to find more SAHMs with their toddlers <2.5yrs old, preferably staying in the east, to engage the instructor. It is at 1100am every tuesday, a weekly, half-hourly session and charges $100 for every 4 lessons. Pool maybe in Haig Court or at any SAHMs' place, preferably residing at upper east coast. Interested parties, pls pm me. Thanks.

Hi mummies,

I just want to share with you my good experience with this swimming instructor at Yishun swimming complex. His name is Peter.

After only 5 lessons with him, my 6-yr-old kid is able to swim independently for a width of 1/3 of the adult pool. I'm very impressed with him for several reasons: 1) He always stretches the swimming lesson to 1.5 hours although he told me it's 1 hour each time. I think it's becos he enjoys teaching kids to swim. 2) He practises different instructions with every kid. There are kids who are fearful of water, confident of swimming, older kids ... but he handles them very well. Although the class is quite big (7 to 12 children each time), I don't worry that he'll shortchange us at all. What really matters is my kid gets to learn swimming. 3) His fee is cheap. $40 for 4 lessons. And my husband overheard him telling a parent not to give him the full amount as the child had missed 2 lessons. I'm very impressed. He didn't need to do that. I'm not sure about other swimming classes, but usually consumers don't get a 'discount' if they miss a lesson for most courses.

I am glad that swimfast and aquaducks didn't bother to reply my enquiries bcos it's definitely a blessing in disguise.

Hi Rain,

I'm interested in your son's swimming instructor, Peter. Does he teach kids around 3-4 years old?Can you PM me his contact no.? Thank you so much.

hi,
if you are keen to see pics of son's swimming lessons leave your email and i'll invite you to view my yahoo album.
cheers
happy.gif

Hi Jasmum
Thanks for your recommendation. My colleague has contacted your children's coach.
We are thinking of letting our sons to learn swimming under him next jan. many thanks.

hey that's great
happy.gif
glad to have helped
happy.gif

really find forums like this very useful in getting &amp; sharing info.

Anyone has got good swimming instructor to recomend for a 7 year old gal that stay in the east...hoping to form a group to learn too.thanks

Hi I am looking for a swimming instructor to teach my girl 4 my house is in Yishun can anyone please recommend me a good and cheap one thanks.

hi Sharon,
have you try calling Nico Yeo as recommended above ? my son &amp; his 2 friends have finished their 10 lessons (they all received a cert too) and they have indeed learnt alot.
all 3 wants to take-up more lessons again
happy.gif
so will plan again by mid Jan, after settling with P1 (2-6yrs &amp; 1-4yrs).
coach Nico is really pretty good in handling the kids. give him a call and speak to him, it's really worth checking him out.
happy.gif

Hi Jasmum,

My son and my colleague's son just went for their 1st swimming lesson under Nico today. He's really good with the kids. I can see that both of them enjoyed the lesson very much and they were comfortable with Nico.
Thanks for the recommendation &amp; sharing your valuable experience with us : )

Hi Sharon,

Nico teach in the north area too. Btw, my son's lesson is in Yishun Swimming Complex. Think it'll be conveninet for you too.

glad to be of help... i know how tough it is to find a good and not so costly coach...
i will be planning to start lessons for my son again in Feb.
happy.gif

community center has swimming lessons
cheaper too
around $65 for 8 lessons
many children (> 10) in a group though

hi hippo2002

thanks so much so i supposed if until 8pm makes no much different as just half an hour difference right? v scare she be cold hence a bit hesitating...thanks

hi folks,
i have received a few enquires on coach Nico via 'PM', pls note that i do not know him personally, it's just a recommendation as i know it's tough to find a good, child friendly coach who could accommodate our time & venue, etc...

the boys are no longer using coach Nico, as 2 of them have taken swimming as a cca in school and the then 4yrs old has gone to another school (childcare centre).

here's an update of coach Nico's rates:
http://www.geocities.com/justswim100/nicoyeo_swimfees.html

All fee above are base on :
Duration Of Lessons : 1 hour per session once a week
Age for learning : Adult from 16 yrs old and Kids from 4 yrs old onwards
Private Lesson : Training Venue and Time: Any venue and time
Group Lesson : Training Venue and Time: http://www.geocities.com/justswim100/nicoyeo_class.html

Note: You need to form your own group for Semi Private or Small Group classes

please do contact him personally. his details are all above & check out his site.

Hi all,

Sorry to interupt. If you are looking for swimming instructor, I might be able to help you. I can try to find an instructor that meets your criteria.

hi Joelle,
it'll be better if you could feedback and recommend the coaches here openly... and let the parents do the contacting.
mums here, want to hear reviews & feedbacks 1st, then do their own research.
happy.gif

fyi: do know that the board has a rule about doing businesses to promote and sell their "products". The listing is at $25 per 7-days period or $80 per 28-days period.
your post sounds like an ad.
just my humble opinion

hi Joelle,
yes you are not selling any products... but your post is biz-like promo.
in fact, your posts in this forum thru' out so far all seems to be related to 'promo' by offering services. e.g tuition, piano teacher, babysitter, swim coach, etc...
uhoh.gif

so promo biz must pay CL.
happy.gif

notice that most mummies here only bring toddlers to learn to swim.

how about infants? how old can we start?
not talking about water confident but swimming (under adult's supervision of course).

Back