Support group- Natural killer cells and sticky blood

Hi,

I am just thinking of starting this group for people who bfp easily, but lose it with issues of the above, similar to mine, so that we can give each other the much needed encouragement and support during this ttc journey.

My gynae. subsequently referred me to see Professor Choolani, who did a bunch of tests on me, and found that my natural killer (NK) cells is a bit high; that there is a change in one of my genes mthfr, causing my blood to be a bit more sticky than usual; and these are likely to be the cause of my recurrent miscarriages, though he cannot prove it.

Professor has referred me to see Dr Sheila in his clinic on Oct 20 a.m., after I am back from the USA trip. She is likely to start me on oral steroid tablets before I ttc again. And the plan is that when I bfp again, I will have to start low dose heparin injection immediately; to have oral progesterone supplements (twice a week) and to have progesterone injection twice a week; and all these will have to continue until I give birth.

So I am hoping that with all these, I will be able to have the rainbow baby in my arms one day.

I did know a few people under Professor Choolani already have their bundle of joy already.

This is what will give me the courage and hope to ttc again.

Hi akeelah,

You are under Professor Choolani and Dr Sheila too?

I found her very nice.

She already gave me all the necessary supplements and pre-natal vitamins for the next pregnancy; and said to call their clinic when I bfp again, so that I can get more supplements and pre-natal vitamins from them.

Would like to check what's the damage for the tests you did, and what kind of supplements were you prescribed? Thanks!

Hi akeelah,

Well, for the tests ordered by Professor Choolani, the damage is in the high $3,000s, about $3,700 plus if I remembered correctly, as we declined the karyotyping tests, since it was last done about 2 years ago, in KKH.

Regarding the supplements that was prescribed to me, I have already PM'ed you. I was prescribed vitamin D tablets, and also aspirin. Folic acid, I have to buy myself from Guardian.

Back