Support group - Miscarriages

Taken from http://www.sgh.com.sg/about-us/newsroom/News-Articles-Reports/Pages/Genderspenders.aspx

''Singapore does not allow the use of PGD to choose a baby’s gender. It is allowed for the screening of genetic diseases only when a doctor determines that there are medical reasons to do so, said a Health Ministry (MOH) spokesman.

For example, PGD can be done for patients who are at high risk of diseases such as Alpha thalassemia, haemophilia A, Fragile X syndrome, spinal muscular atrophy, myotonic dystrophy and Huntington’s Disease, according to Dr Yu Su Ling, director of the Centre for Assisted Reproduction at the Singapore General Hospital (SGH).''

So it seems like you hv to undergo more tests and find out if either you or your hb hv any underlaying diseases or not 1st then get referral to do the test. Else they don't usually do it in singapore.. and i think this procedure is ex too..dunno covered by medisave not also..you might hv to ask your ivf doc for more info

Oh i think I was referring to PGD pre implantation genetic diagnostic testing. Like Doing Chromosomal Testing On The Embryos Before Transferring?

yup it is normal for dh to feel sad but dh usually will try to keep strong for us.
as for bath my mum said ok to bathe w warm water as usually.
we need to mini confinement n eat confinement food as well.
but if possible do went for test b4 ttc. Like my case aft 2 mc I told dh we need to do all the available test hope can find out root cause den only from there I knew that my antibody was in the high side for pregnancy for normal life I'm fine therefore once tested positive I will have to take streiods n call clinic to arrange for ivig. Hopefully everything will ne under control as the 2 mc almost killed me.

I hope you'll be 3rd time lucky the next time...as now you know yours is need ivig..can claim medisave not did you ask?

sok koon..i just scrolled and read abt your previous question on chromosome testing/karotyping? I did too here when we have so many chemical pregnancies and early mc ..i personally feel it is just to make you rest your mind..cos i understand after mc we keep thinking..is it this..is it that? Maybe this maybe that..so i think if you don't mind the costs..(yes it is very ex) can try the test with a pte fertility doc, cos faster results..

Taken from http://www.sgh.com.sg/about-us/newsroom/News-Articles-Reports/Pages/Genderspenders.aspx

''Singapore does not allow the use of PGD to choose a baby’s gender. It is allowed for the screening of genetic diseases only when a doctor determines that there are medical reasons to do so, said a Health Ministry (MOH) spokesman.

For example, PGD can be done for patients who are at high risk of diseases such as Alpha thalassemia, haemophilia A, Fragile X syndrome, spinal muscular atrophy, myotonic dystrophy and Huntington’s Disease, according to Dr Yu Su Ling, director of the Centre for Assisted Reproduction at the Singapore General Hospital (SGH).''

So it seems like you hv to undergo more tests and find out if either you or your hb hv any underlaying diseases or not 1st then get referral to do the test. Else they don't usually do it in singapore.. and i think this procedure is ex too..dunno covered by medisave not also..you might hv to ask your ivf doc for more info
I rem my gynae told e It's ard 4kplus. It was discussed after my mc last year But he said dun tik abt it first unless multiple mc then we go for the test

yes hv booked NUH..but might consider pte too also my hb said yesterday to me
If u n ur hub ok mbe can consider to go the choolani clinic gynae did said he will let u know what test needed than do some which not required cos some test must do together...
And it will be good we can c gynae anytime than in nuh if u c high risk gynae u need book in advance mbe few weeks ahead...
For me I told myself try to save more money n 省省用...I feel not secure if having difficulties to look for gynae...
Yup I'm waiting to use pregnancy kit to test. Has been waiting for v long b4 ok to ttc again. Hope for the best if I'm bfp...as my 2 mc rally hurt me n dh too deeply......
Ivig cannot claim medisave unlike ivf can use medisave n w some subsidy..ivig one jab $2.5k

If u n ur hub ok mbe can consider to go the choolani clinic gynae did said he will let u know what test needed than do some which not required cos some test must do together...
And it will be good we can c gynae anytime than in nuh if u c high risk gynae u need book in advance mbe few weeks ahead...
For me I told myself try to save more money n 省省用...I feel not secure if having difficulties to look for gynae...
Yup I'm waiting to use pregnancy kit to test. Has been waiting for v long b4 ok to ttc again. Hope for the best if I'm bfp...as my 2 mc rally hurt me n dh too deeply......
Ivig cannot claim medisave unlike ivf can use medisave n w some subsidy..ivig one jab $2.5k
I read that ivig really helps for pt is tested with nk cells problems that causes rejection of the embryos. Now that you know what's the cause I'm keeping my hopes high for you! Are you in your tww?

I read that ivig really helps for pt is tested with nk cells problems that causes rejection of the embryos. Now that you know what's the cause I'm keeping my hopes high for you! Are you in your tww?
Haha ya af shld arrive this few days if delay.
Yup mbe bcos of that.
Gynae did says sometimes thing only happen during pregnancy time eg nk cells or sticky blood. Gynae want me to take aspirin for secure. ..

yes understand hv to 省省用...ttcing not cheap also..tcm, doc fees etc etc..crossing my fingers and toes for you! :)

It has been sometime since i logged in! Hello girls!
Hello Jann n hazel...sorry to hear abt ur losses :( hugs hugs ! How's are u girls doing with the pills?
I did the pills too...i was given 4 pills to insert vaginally every 12 hours...i inserted the first at night n went to sleep, around 4am, bad cramps n big lumps came out...i tot i dont have to insert more pills...tried calling the clinic next day, but line was busy...when i managed to get them, was told that i need to continue inserting regardless....
Anyway, after 2 weeks, doc said that there is a lump left, not cleared :( he said he might need to perform a day surgery i duno the name...but he mentioned that it is a much simpler procedure than DnC...he gave me another 2pills to insert...another 2weeks after, he said that the lump is much better now...still tiny bits inside but no surgery is required, just wait for my next menses to clear it...
I m having my menses now n i m quite worried, today is day10 of my menses! I wear panty liners n usually there wun b any bloodstains but just now, some thick brown blood can b seen on the liner :( n when i shower, i can see blood n tiny cells :( i m going to see my doc on Tuesday n ask him why...sigh...really no end :(

yes understand hv to 省省用...ttcing not cheap also..tcm, doc fees etc etc..crossing my fingers and toes for you! :)
Ya is true it is nv cheap...but if make it everything is worth. .ytd night kanjeong to know test liao is negative lor...wait tmr morning test again.
Many thanks and wish best of the luck to us n jiayou together :)

sok koon..i just scrolled and read abt your previous question on chromosome testing/karotyping? I did too here when we have so many chemical pregnancies and early mc ..i personally feel it is just to make you rest your mind..cos i understand after mc we keep thinking..is it this..is it that? Maybe this maybe that..so i think if you don't mind the costs..(yes it is very ex) can try the test with a pte fertility doc, cos faster results..

Hi chrisl, my gynea is not recommending us to do the chromosomes test yet but he insisted I take the x-ray and blood test first to check. If there is any other underlying problems, then perhaps he will recommend. I am having a bit if mixed feelings about doing chromosomes tests also.

Hi chrisl, my gynea is not recommending us to do the chromosomes test yet but he insisted I take the x-ray and blood test first to check. If there is any other underlying problems, then perhaps he will recommend. I am having a bit if mixed feelings about doing chromosomes tests also.
me n dh actually discussed not to do the test so that we dunno n don wan one day we blame each other but aft 2nd mc the blood test result shown my chromosome result den when at nuh the dr say no matter how hub need to do also. But thanks god both r ok.
There is risk to do actually u must discuss w dh 1st b4 thinking of doing chromosomes test

me n dh actually discussed not to do the test so that we dunno n don wan one day we blame each other but aft 2nd mc the blood test result shown my chromosome result den when at nuh the dr say no matter how hub need to do also. But thanks god both r ok.
There is risk to do actually u must discuss w dh 1st b4 thinking of doing chromosomes test

Yah, I guess my hubby will follow what the gynea suggests. So perhaps we will go with the flow now. Waiting for next menses in July, then can take x-ray and blood test and see how. Can't help but to feel worried these few weeks and also can't stop thinking about the worst scenario that can happen (e.g. cannot conceive anymore). Also told my hubby not to go for x-ray or blood test with me in July. Very scared to send bad news to him again and see his disappointed look. Sorry ladies, feeling really lost, don't know how to think positive these few weeks.

Yah, I guess my hubby will follow what the gynea suggests. So perhaps we will go with the flow now. Waiting for next menses in July, then can take x-ray and blood test and see how. Can't help but to feel worried these few weeks and also can't stop thinking about the worst scenario that can happen (e.g. cannot conceive anymore). Also told my hubby not to go for x-ray or blood test with me in July. Very scared to send bad news to him again and see his disappointed look. Sorry ladies, feeling really lost, don't know how to think positive these few weeks.
I understand that. When waiting for hub chromosomes test I also v worried but nv ask hub how is his feeling in order not to spoil his mood.
btw if both ok can just go for the test cos till end gyane will still order for it if still couldn't find out anything.
Don worry just hope for the best.

Thats exactly what I was told at kkhivf when I asked if I need to go through such tests. And these tests are to be done way before the ivf starts.

My uncle is seriously planning to do ivf/PGD in bkk. Failed twice in kkivf and he will also picks the gender there.

Hello Jann n hazel...sorry to hear abt ur losses :( hugs hugs ! How's are u girls doing with the pills?
I did the pills too...i was given 4 pills to insert vaginally every 12 hours...i inserted the first at night n went to sleep, around 4am, bad cramps n big lumps came out...i tot i dont have to insert more pills...tried calling the clinic next day, but line was busy...when i managed to get them, was told that i need to continue inserting regardless....
Anyway, after 2 weeks, doc said that there is a lump left, not cleared :( he said he might need to perform a day surgery i duno the name...but he mentioned that it is a much simpler procedure than DnC...he gave me another 2pills to insert...another 2weeks after, he said that the lump is much better now...still tiny bits inside but no surgery is required, just wait for my next menses to clear it...
I m having my menses now n i m quite worried, today is day10 of my menses! I wear panty liners n usually there wun b any bloodstains but just now, some thick brown blood can b seen on the liner :( n when i shower, i can see blood n tiny cells :( i m going to see my doc on Tuesday n ask him why...sigh...really no end :(
Hi hi! I had like episodes of gushes and gushes of blood for 2 days. After my last pill it kinda stopped totally. And I was quite afraid that the bleed is not complete. Cos without the pills I dont get the cramps and there's like no flow. But ytd after I went for a foot reflexology, I started have flow like mensus day 2 kind of flow and clots started coming out. Not sure if it's the foot reflex that works but I do hope the bleeding is complete. Going to see my Dr tmr to check. And hopefully hcg has.also dropped.

Hi, can I check how long did your spotting/bleeding stop after D&C? I had my D&C 2 weeks + ago, but I'm still having spotting/bleeding and it seems to be slightly more now. A bit like menses (like the last few days type, not a lot but cannot use panty liner type, and it smells like my regular menses...sorry for the details).

My gynae was a bit surprised to know that I was still spotting when I went back for check-up 5 days after D&C, and he did told me to go back to see him if it continues too long. But I'm not sure how long is too long...

Hi, can I check how long did your spotting/bleeding stop after D&C? I had my D&C 2 weeks + ago, but I'm still having spotting/bleeding and it seems to be slightly more now. A bit like menses (like the last few days type, not a lot but cannot use panty liner type, and it smells like my regular menses...sorry for the details).

My gynae was a bit surprised to know that I was still spotting when I went back for check-up 5 days after D&C, and he did told me to go back to see him if it continues too long. But I'm not sure how long is too long...

Hi, my bleeding and spotting lasted for 2 weeks after my DnC. Does it look like the bleeding is less compared to your 1st week?

When I did d&c, I had spotting on and off for 3 weeks, I was worried and called the clinic, gynae told me to go back for checkup and had slight infection, so I was given anti-biotic. Then the spotting stopped. For the natural mc, the spotting ended in 5 days.

For me, I spot for a month. Sometime only wipe than have those kind. If u still bleed for a week, maybe can go back see him again. If not, give u doc a call n ask him

Hi bliswifu, I aldy finished my entire dosage last Wednesday but till nw I'm still bleeding like as if I'm having my menses flow (nt really heavy though)... Is it normal to still hv bleeding 5 days after the use of meds?

Actually I find the bleeding is slightly more than 1st week. So I was thinking is that my menses? Or could it coz I had other procedures done during D&C?

Ok, I think I will call to make appt to see my Gynae this weekend. Thanks girls...

Actually I find the bleeding is slightly more than 1st week. So I was thinking is that my menses? Or could it coz I had other procedures done during D&C?

Ok, I think I will call to make appt to see my Gynae this weekend. Thanks girls...

Menses will report 4-6 weeks after d&c, depends on individual body condition.

Just bought some 'ba zheng' Chinese herbs n 'bai feng wan' today wif wifey, hope everything be fine soon. 19days after d&c already. Still feeling beri sore seeing preggie women ard, itz just tat kind of unexplainable sour sour feelings realli.

Might consider to quit ttcing cos itz too stressful oredi.

Thor

I am so scare for no reason I guess or scare of seeing gynae latet alone by myself?
I just tested positive this morning n I took urgent leave by right wanted to rest home n texted gyane he need me to take hcg test n c him aft result out n they will let me know the plan for me. Really pray the best for this pregnancy aft 2 mc last year aug n dec. Pray that ivig my body work well w it n can hold my live bb in 10 mths times. Hcg test required half a day lor I wait till I super scare lor sweat la time pass so slow.

I am so scare for no reason I guess or scare of seeing gynae latet alone by myself?
I just tested positive this morning n I took urgent leave by right wanted to rest home n texted gyane he need me to take hcg test n c him aft result out n they will let me know the plan for me. Really pray the best for this pregnancy aft 2 mc last year aug n dec. Pray that ivig my body work well w it n can hold my live bb in 10 mths times. Hcg test required half a day lor I wait till I super scare lor sweat la time pass so slow.
Congratulations! Praying that you will have a smooth pregnancy and deliver baby healthily into your arms. It's not easy to relax but try to as it helps not to be too worried when your are pregnant. If you are nervous just talk to us while waiting for time to pass.

Wah! This is really good news! We need a lot of baby dusts here. :)
Dun worry too much, must try to relax and stay calm, I know its not easy cos we all have phobia already, but must try your best. :)
Pray that this baby is a sticky one!

Congrats. fingers crossed for u :)
the hcg test usually will be ready in 2 hours time, when I did it in NUH.

Congratulations! Praying that you will have a smooth pregnancy and deliver baby healthily into your arms. It's not easy to relax but try to as it helps not to be too worried when your are pregnant. If you are nervous just talk to us while waiting for time to pass.
My stomach is bloated v badly n sometimes felt so much cramp or stomach pain making me so scare n wanted to rest at home but due to wanted to get treatment as early as possible so I sms gyane n call clinic for help.

Congrats. fingers crossed for u :)
the hcg test usually will be ready in 2 hours time, when I did it in NUH.
I did the hcg test at 9.30am n just 1130am nurse called n will c gynae at 1.30pm later. Felt great that gynae willing to squeezed out his time to see me as hy right today he no come clinic.
Thanks for the congrats but my mind more on worry part than happy guess this 1st trimester gonna be tough n feel time will pass very slow

I did the hcg test at 9.30am n just 1130am nurse called n will c gynae at 1.30pm later. Felt great that gynae willing to squeezed out his time to see me as hy right today he no come clinic.
Thanks for the congrats but my mind more on worry part than happy guess this 1st trimester gonna be tough n feel time will pass very slow
can understand ur fear.
im still living in fear too. but I don't want my pregnancy to be just in fear, so I get excited and happy too. just take a step at a time. don't think so much. coz we think also cannot do anything to help, but thinking positively will help.

Fear will nvr go away until the baby is deliver. u finish first trim u worry abt 2nd trim on Oscars and detailed scan etc. 3rd trim got other things to worry.
take care and enjoy ur visit with gynae later.

There's nothing u can do. Just take it tat if it's urs no matter wat it will b urs.
I kp telling myself this daily cos I aso paranoid daily whether still got hb or not. My dh said must have confidence in our bb, haven't fight war I already lost to my fears liao he said..

can understand ur fear.
im still living in fear too. but I don't want my pregnancy to be just in fear, so I get excited and happy too. just take a step at a time. don't think so much. coz we think also cannot do anything to help, but thinking positively will help.

Fear will nvr go away until the baby is deliver. u finish first trim u worry abt 2nd trim on Oscars and detailed scan etc. 3rd trim got other things to worry.
take care and enjoy ur visit with gynae later.
Result shown 89 I will have to do another blood test on fri n come back to c gynae on sat afternoon.
gyane will only scan if hcg more than 2000 otherwise he cant c anything.
But if fri hcg test goes up to 300 I will start ivig 1st b4 seeing him. If less than 300 meaning it is chemical pregnancy.
Now required bed rest so that I can have more rest n hope the pain will go away.
another worry till weekend but I will try to relax :)

There's nothing u can do. Just take it tat if it's urs no matter wat it will b urs.
I kp telling myself this daily cos I aso paranoid daily whether still got hb or not. My dh said must have confidence in our bb, haven't fight war I already lost to my fears liao he said..
ya but just can try to relax. Nth we really can do

It's still a hope where hcg is 89. It will increase by Friday since it's more than 2 days away..
Do you know for chemical the hcg level is ard what number?
Gynae said it could be cos of I just missed my period so too early stage to do hcg test also.
Now can only wait

Sorry I really no idea on chem pregnancy...y is it too early yo test hcg leh? For us who went thru ivf, we usually do our bt 14 days after et So it's always ard our af due date leh

Congrats! Dun scared. Happy for you! :)

Do you know for chemical the hcg level is ard what number?
Gynae said it could be cos of I just missed my period so too early stage to do hcg test also.
Now can only wait
actually last time my gynae told me when chem preg even high hcg also can mean chem preg. coz last year april it happens to me
then last dec, my hcg was only 5.8 raise to 22 then 3rd test drop to 5. so another chem preg.
This time when I got preggie, my hcg was at 70 at 10dpo then they stopped checking already.
its really hard not to worry, coz even high hcg also can be chem preg. so just monitor first. All the best :)

Sorry I really no idea on chem pregnancy...y is it too early yo test hcg leh? For us who went thru ivf, we usually do our bt 14 days after et So it's always ard our af due date leh
What Chemical Pregnancy Means:

The term chemical pregnancy means that the miscarriage happened at a point that a missed period and biochemical tests, such as an hCG blood test or a home pregnancy test (checking hCG in urine), were the only evidence that you were pregnant. The miscarriage happened before an ultrasound could have shown agestational sac.

When the pregnancy develops to the point that ultrasound could confirm the existence of the pregnancy, the term becomes clinical pregnancy. Thus, a chemical pregnancy would be a miscarriage before the fifth week of gestation -- or within about week after your missed menstrual period.

Symptoms:

The primary symptom of chemical pregnancy would be if you begin to have vaginal bleeding shortly after having a positive pregnancy test. Blood tests reveal low hCG levels that are decreasing rather than increasing.

Causes:

Doctors believe that chemical pregnancies happen for the same reasons as most other miscarriages –- probably because of chromosomal abnormalities in the developing baby. It is hard to know for sure what causes these early miscarriages, however, because it is nearly impossible to retrieve any samples for chromosomal testing.

actually last time my gynae told me when chem preg even high hcg also can mean chem preg. coz last year april it happens to me
then last dec, my hcg was only 5.8 raise to 22 then 3rd test drop to 5. so another chem preg.
This time when I got preggie, my hcg was at 70 at 10dpo then they stopped checking already.
its really hard not to worry, coz even high hcg also can be chem preg. so just monitor first. All the best :)
Huh? Even high also can be chemical pregnancy. .
Really detect early also scare dunno also scare..
I really need many luck
Hub dunno n abit don understand what is chemical pregnancy lor. ..dunno how to explain to him also

70 10dpo to them will increase?

Even ivf can aso result in chemical preg too. Cos even after we bt w high hcg we only get to do the scan 2 weeks later which is ard wk6... gynae aso dun do scan for us rite after bt result..

Watever it is u just rest for time being... worry too much aso no use... keep ur mind occupied w something else n stop Google

Even ivf can aso result in chemical preg too. Cos even after we bt w high hcg we only get to do the scan 2 weeks later which is ard wk6... gynae aso dun do scan for us rite after bt result..
My previous 2 gyane they just scan lor once bfp.
But this gynae wan to do 2 hcg test to confirm it

Back